GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

12 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He killed Jon Arryn, which made Ned become the Hand of the King.   He pushed the Starks and Lannisters towards war.   He is totally evil. 

But, the way he is written, it's hard to do a whole show about him.  He doesn't have much of his own army, rather he pushes others into fighting for him.

a true manipulator... he is without the means of an army, family name, or fortune... and yet he puppeteers others into conflict, to suit his agenda... i love the character, frankly

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

a true manipulator... he is without the means of an army, family name, or fortune... and yet he puppeteers others into conflict, to suit his agenda... i love the character, frankly

NO, don't get me wrong.  He is brilliant.  The WORST, the most dangerous.

He's a bit better in the books, that;s where they can really spend time on how he manipulates.   He is a great character, I just wonder if, the way the series is constructed, he can carry the show as the main villian.   I think they will focus on Cersei a bit, and then the White Walkers, with Littlefinger getting some air time.

His "Chaos is a ladder" speech.   Epic.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, chirorob said:

Varys is loyal to the Targaryens, and to the realm.   Also, I think he realizes he can never be king, since he is a Eunich. 

Fair enough; I meant that according to the perspective and history we've been given as an audience into this realm (so far), lilfingz has been acting as the bad guy, whereas varys has almost always been on the good side of each historical event/action. 

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Fair enough; I meant that according to the perspective and history we've been given as an audience into this realm (so far), lilfingz has been acting as the bad guy, whereas varys has almost always been on the good side of each historical event/action. 

Agree.   Varys is at least loyal to someone else.  Little finger is loyal to Little finger. 

But that is what is so great.  Everyone has blood on their hands, it's all perspective.  Really, probably the only "Good Guy" was Ned.  I love it!

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Agree.   Varys is at least loyal to someone else.  Little finger is loyal to Little finger. 

But that is what is so great.  Everyone has blood on their hands, it's all perspective.  Really, probably the only "Good Guy" was Ned.  I love it!

I think Davos Seaworth and Jon Snow are both good guys.... sometimes to a fault.

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2016 at 10:42 AM, chirorob said:

My long term predicitons.  This is just stuff I've been thinking on for a while, not from any website or book or anything other than my befuddled brain.

Jaime kills Cersei.  Maybe even, she sees the fleet coming, and like the Mad King before her, realizes she is doomed and wants to ignite more wild fire and burn the whole city.  Just as he saved the city before by killing his king, now he kills his sister to save it again. 

Khaleesi marries Jaime.  She will marry to solidify her power.  Who else is there?  I don't think she'd marry Jon, he's her nephew, and it just seems  wrong.  Tyrion may convince her what Jaime did was for the best, and Tyrion will not want his family utterly destroyed.  There are no men in Dorne for her to marry of any worth, nor are there any Tyrells.  Jon/ Sansa becomes the King of the North, but makes the same vows Ned made to Robert, and Robert would have made to Renley. 

The Hound becomes the leader of the Men without Banners, and gains the power of the flaming sword that Beric had several seasons ago. 

OK, rip it apart!!

Very interesting prediction.

On 28/06/2016 at 3:42 PM, chirorob said:

My long term predicitons.  This is just stuff I've been thinking on for a while, not from any website or book or anything other than my befuddled brain.

Jaime kills Cersei.  Maybe even, she sees the fleet coming, and like the Mad King before her, realizes she is doomed and wants to ignite more wild fire and burn the whole city.  Just as he saved the city before by killing his king, now he kills his sister to save it again. 

Khaleesi marries Jaime.  She will marry to solidify her power.  Who else is there?  I don't think she'd marry Jon, he's her nephew, and it just seems  wrong.  Tyrion may convince her what Jaime did was for the best, and Tyrion will not want his family utterly destroyed.  There are no men in Dorne for her to marry of any worth, nor are there any Tyrells.  Jon/ Sansa becomes the King of the North, but makes the same vows Ned made to Robert, and Robert would have made to Renley. 

The Hound becomes the leader of the Men without Banners, and gains the power of the flaming sword that Beric had several seasons ago. 

OK, rip it apart!!

I've long thought Jaime would kill Cersei that way. I actually thought Cersei was going to inadvertently burn down the city in the last episode as there's supposed to be Wildfire everywhere according to Jaime. Not sure Jaime will save the city this time though - Bran and Dany have both seen visions of a desolated, destroyed throne room. 

If Jaime were to end up with anyone it would be Brienne IMO. He's never been motivated by power either so I just don't think it would fit. Would like to see him meet Tyrion again though.

I have a feeling Sansa might betray Jon, based on nothing but that ominous look from LF and the music that played during it. He's basically taken a title that she should inherit by law and they've went out of their way to show that she doesn't fully trust him. 

The Hound hates fire, so don't think he'd want that sword. LOL. Hoping he meets up with Arya again. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2016 at 0:08 PM, Irish Jet said:

I've long thought Jaime would kill Cersei that way. I actually thought Cersei was going to inadvertently burn down the city in the last episode as there's supposed to be Wildfire everywhere according to Jaime. Not sure Jaime will save the city this time though - Bran and Dany have both seen visions of a desolated, destroyed throne room. 

If Jaime were to end up with anyone it would be Brienne IMO. He's never been motivated by power either so I just don't think it would fit. Would like to see him meet Tyrion again though.

I have a feeling Sansa might betray Jon, based on nothing but that ominous look from LF and the music that played during it. He's basically taken a title that she should inherit by law and they've went out of their way to show that she doesn't fully trust him. 

The Hound hates fire, so don't think he'd want that sword. LOL. Hoping he meets up with Arya again. 

That could be.  Cersei actually burning Kings Landing and Jaime killing her for that. 

Jaime is an interesting character.  He really just liked fighting and his sister, he had no second thoughts about trying to kill a 7 year old boy.  He didn't care for money, but now, his sister is mad, and he can't fight. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the entire series a second time in a matter of a month or so. It really holds up, and is actually better the 2nd time around because you understand so much more. Highly recommend doing so.

As for Jamie killing Cersei, not a chance. None. His entire legacy, everything he's done, has been for his love of Cersei.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a weird theory, which would be awesome (though I doubt it)

What if Khaleesi goes mad?   Remember, her father wasn't in his youth, not until he got older.  Be crazy if she started to, or even if the show ended as she is showing signs of it, especially with dragons under her command.

• 2 months later...
What if Khaleesi goes mad?   Remember, her father wasn't in his youth, not until he got older.  Be crazy if she started to, or even if the show ended as she is showing signs of it, especially with dragons under her command.

They hinted towards that a little bit when she spoke to Tyrion and said she had no feelings at all about dumping her boy toy before heading to Westeros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I havent opened this thread before because I had no interest in the show but I was forced to binge GOT with my GF and just got all caught up last night.  

I'm not really big of dungeons and dragons type sh*t so I roll my eyes and laugh at 90% of the sh*t that happens in the show but it's pretty good.  I'll give GOT this, I typically get attached to a show based on 1 or 2 characters/actors that I just love. Walt White, Jax Teller, Nucky Thompson, Ray Donovan etc. but this is the first show where I literally hate every single person the show and cant wait to watch them die.  Unfortunately, so many of the ones I hate are still alive but it's pretty amazing how they hooked me in with no real character to love and a genre of film that I just dont have any interest in.

Alright, maybe I dont hate them all.  From the beginning the only character I've really loved is Arya.  She's such a little bad ass and her revenge tour is the best part of the show IMO. And it's amazing how you go from hating Jamie to now I love him.  He's great.  And the little dude too, Tryion (sp?).  He's fun too I guess. The side kick they shared too is pretty cool.  Other than that, they're all terribly annoying and I want to see them all die.  

Like that Daneray or something...omg, so ******* annoying.  That stupid look she has on her face at all times.  It makes me cringe.  She definitely has the most roll your eyes and laugh moments of the show. Throw Cersi and Sansa in there too.  So annoying.  Their faces, I hate them so much. The Red Witch too.  So annoying.  I almost gave up the show when her vagina spirit killed that one King.

All that said, the last 2 episodes of season 6 were insanely intense and I'm now fully hooked. 

Side note: my buddy works for HBO and he's told me about how GOT is treated over there.  They literally have a open budget to do anything.  They film on site.  They pick theses far off destinations and ship the whole set and cast out there and apparently HBO is just like, whatever you want, do it.  Apparently all the other shows hate them.  haha

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

I havent opened this thread before because I had no interest in the show but I was forced to binge GOT with my GF and just got all caught up last night.  

I'm not really big of dungeons and dragons type sh*t so I roll my eyes and laugh at 90% of the sh*t that happens in the show but it's pretty good.  I'll give GOT this, I typically get attached to a show based on 1 or 2 characters/actors that I just love. Walt White, Jax Teller, Nucky Thompson, Ray Donovan etc. but this is the first show where I literally hate every single person the show and cant wait to watch them die.  Unfortunately, so many of the ones I hate are still alive but it's pretty amazing how they hooked me in with no real character to love and a genre of film that I just dont have any interest in.

Alright, maybe I dont hate them all.  From the beginning the only character I've really loved is Arya.  She's such a little bad ass and her revenge tour is the best part of the show IMO. And it's amazing how you go from hating Jamie to now I love him.  He's great.  And the little dude too, Tryion (sp?).  He's fun too I guess. The side kick they shared too is pretty cool.  Other than that, they're all terribly annoying and I want to see them all die.  

Like that Daneray or something...omg, so ******* annoying.  That stupid look she has on her face at all times.  It makes me cringe.  She definitely has the most roll your eyes and laugh moments of the show. Throw Cersi and Sansa in there too.  So annoying.  Their faces, I hate them so much. The Red Witch too.  So annoying.  I almost gave up the show when her vagina spirit killed that one King.

All that said, the last 2 episodes of season 6 were insanely intense and I'm now fully hooked. 

Side note: my buddy works for HBO and he's told me about how GOT is treated over there.  They literally have a open budget to do anything.  They film on site.  They pick theses far off destinations and ship the whole set and cast out there and apparently HBO is just like, whatever you want, do it.  Apparently all the other shows hate them.  haha

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

On 7/27/2016 at 4:50 PM, chirorob said:

This is the prevailing thought among the GOT nerds.

On 7/27/2016 at 4:50 PM, chirorob said:

Seems pretty wild.  She's the breaker of chains and stuff.  She's all about freedom of slaves but then she goes mental?  I dont know.  Seems far fetched.  Especially considering all the people that are her "advisers" for the lack of a better term. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2016 at 4:32 PM, Integrity28 said:

I want to rip his throat out.  He's so annoying.  The way he talks, the way he walks, the way he dresses - he's a great character but he's just so damn annoying. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Seems pretty wild.  She's the breaker of chains and stuff.  She's all about freedom of slaves but then she goes mental?  I dont know.  Seems far fetched.  Especially considering all the people that are her "advisers" for the lack of a better term. 

When your parents were brother and sister, and your grandparents, and ect., you can go a little off.

She wanted to destroy a whole city, Tyrion talked her out of it.

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

When your parents were brother and sister, and your grandparents, and ect., you can go a little off.

She wanted to destroy a whole city, Tyrion talked her out of it.

This is true.  Again, I just dont see it...but I dont know sh*t about the books and all that.  

Can someone explain the John Snow story arch to me?  Who is he?  He's the bastard son of the Robert dude that got killed hunting?  So he had an affair with Ned Starke's sister or something?

And how is this relevant?   Is it because he's not actually an heir to Winterfell?  Like, if people find out is this a bad thing for John Snow?

And then Bran - he's like a big deal right?  I mean, he has the ability to time travel and alter the past.  I feel like he's going to do some wild sh*t that flips this whole thing upside down.

That whole situation is wild because you could literally speculate everything that has happened to the point you dont know if he was actually the 3 eyed Raven, calling for himself to maybe right a situation that was wrong.  And maybe he even went back and told himself to peak at Jamie screwing his sister, etc.  He created the White Walkers, etc. 

That whole situation could be a huge factor to how the story plays out .

5 hours ago, JiF said:

This is true.  Again, I just dont see it...but I dont know sh*t about the books and all that.  

You are past the books with the show, and they have veered away from where the books were going, so there is no hidden things to know as far as where the show is going, but there is some stuff extra in the older material.  The mad king was pretty normal when he was younger, and was actually very good friends with Tywin Lannister.  Then he went crazy and started burning people alive.

The mad king married his twin sister.   The Targaryean line was known for that kind of stuff.  In breeding to the extreme. 

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Can someone explain the John Snow story arch to me?  Who is he?  He's the bastard son of the Robert dude that got killed hunting?  So he had an affair with Ned Starke's sister or something?

And how is this relevant?   Is it because he's not actually an heir to Winterfell?  Like, if people find out is this a bad thing for John Snow?

no.  Everyone thought he was Ned's bastard son.  Actually, he is the son of Ned's sister and Rhaegar Targaryen, which makes him direct in line for the throne.  If Ned had told his best friend Robert who John actually was, Robert would have killed him.

But, to make it worse.   The Mad King was the king before Robert.   His son was Rhaegar.   Robert (the old fat king) was in love with Ned's sister, and was due to marry her.  The Mad King's son Rhaegar was married to a princess of Dorne.  Everyone thought Rhaegar kidnapped Ned's sister, which is what started the entire revolution that ended with the Targaryeans all dead and Robert as king.   It looks like Ned's sister (Lyanna?) actually ran off with Rhaegar, and had a son with him before dying in childbirth.

Thus, the whole revolution was done for no reason, as no one was kidnapped, and all the other political bad stuff.

40 minutes ago, chirorob said:

no.  Everyone thought he was Ned's bastard son.  Actually, he is the son of Ned's sister and Rhaegar Targaryen, which makes him direct in line for the throne.  If Ned had told his best friend Robert who John actually was, Robert would have killed him.

But, to make it worse.   The Mad King was the king before Robert.   His son was Rhaegar.   Robert (the old fat king) was in love with Ned's sister, and was due to marry her.  The Mad King's son Rhaegar was married to a princess of Dorne.  Everyone thought Rhaegar kidnapped Ned's sister, which is what started the entire revolution that ended with the Targaryeans all dead and Robert as king.   It looks like Ned's sister (Lyanna?) actually ran off with Rhaegar, and had a son with him before dying in childbirth.

Thus, the whole revolution was done for no reason, as no one was kidnapped, and all the other political bad stuff.

Gotcha.  Thanks for explaining that.  And Ned helped Robert win those wars, correct?  Does that mean he was fighting but already knew the truth? 

The one thing that I'll say about binge watching, there is so much going on that intake all at once can get a little confusing considering all the moving parts.  

12 hours ago, JiF said:

There's a line early on about the Targaryen family line, that they either achieve greatness or madness (something like that). Danaerys' father was The Mad King, Aerys, who burned Ned Stark's father and brother alive. The nerds believe that Daenarys is going to end up psychotic and Tyrion knows this already.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, JiF said:

Gotcha.  Thanks for explaining that.  And Ned helped Robert win those wars, correct?  Does that mean he was fighting but already knew the truth? 

The one thing that I'll say about binge watching, there is so much going on that intake all at once can get a little confusing considering all the moving parts.  

Ned was Robert's best friend.   They grew up together in the same house, being fostered by Jon Arryn, who later married Catalyn (Ned's Wife) sister.  

Ned's sister was taken by Rhaegar.   Ned's father and older brother went to the mad king to get her back.  The Mad King accused them of treason, and had Ned's father do a trial by combat.  The Mad King chose fire as his champion, and held Ned's father over a fire (the fire won).  Ned's brother I think was killed trying to save his dad.  Then the Mad King ordered Ned and Robert be brought to him, and Jon Arryn refused, and thus the Ayrie (however you spell it), Robert's kingdom, and the North rebelled against the Mad King.

The was was won, Ned went to find his sister right after Rhaegar had been killed, and that's when you see that fight, Ned finds his sister, she whispers to him (99% that John Snow is her and Rhaegar's son), and makes him promise her something, probably to take care of John.  So, the war was over, but if Ned told anyone who John really was, John would be killed, and who knows what else would have happened.   Instead, Ned went home, the new Lord of the North, Robert became king, married Cersei to ally with a very powerful family, and Jon Arryn married Ned's sister in law (who was in love with Little finger).

That's what I love about the show.   The layers and layers and depth of connections.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Ned was Robert's best friend.   They grew up together in the same house, being fostered by Jon Arryn, who later married Catalyn (Ned's Wife) sister.  

Ned's sister was taken by Rhaegar.   Ned's father and older brother went to the mad king to get her back.  The Mad King accused them of treason, and had Ned's father do a trial by combat.  The Mad King chose fire as his champion, and held Ned's father over a fire (the fire won).  Ned's brother I think was killed trying to save his dad.  Then the Mad King ordered Ned and Robert be brought to him, and Jon Arryn refused, and thus the Ayrie (however you spell it), Robert's kingdom, and the North rebelled against the Mad King.

The was was won, Ned went to find his sister right after Rhaegar had been killed, and that's when you see that fight, Ned finds his sister, she whispers to him (99% that John Snow is her and Rhaegar's son), and makes him promise her something, probably to take care of John.  So, the war was over, but if Ned told anyone who John really was, John would be killed, and who knows what else would have happened.   Instead, Ned went home, the new Lord of the North, Robert became king, married Cersei to ally with a very powerful family, and Jon Arryn married Ned's sister in law (who was in love with Little finger).

That's what I love about the show.   The layers and layers and depth of connections.

Damn!  Did you get all that from just watching the show? 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There's a line early on about the Targaryen family line, that they either achieve greatness or madness (something like that). Danaerys' father was The Mad King, Aerys, who burned Ned Stark's father and brother alive. The nerds believe that Daenarys is going to end up psychotic and Tyrion knows this already.

Why would Tyrion align with her if he knows she's going to go crazy?  To sabotage it or to make sure he's on her good side?  He hates Kings Landing and his sister, so I dont see why he'd be trying to help them out.

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why would Tyrion align with her if he knows she's going to go crazy?  To sabotage it or to make sure he's on her good side?  He hates Kings Landing and his sister, so I dont see why he'd be trying to help them out.

The same reason Littlefinger has taken such an active interest in helping Jon Snow, I'd guess

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Damn!  Did you get all that from just watching the show? 

Most.   It's been so long, I get confused where I heard what first. 

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Aerys_II_Targaryen

You start looking people up on this, and one links to another, and (for me), I just got drawn in.  It's all so in depth, and perspective.  Some people are evil, Joffrey, Ramsey.   More are just, perspective.  Tywin Lannister for example.  He starts a war to save his innocent son.  He fights ruthlessly, yet efficiently, saving as many of his own people as he can.  And, let's face it, he would make a great ruler.   If he ruled, the kingdom would have peace, the debt the throne owed would be paid off, the regular people would be safe once he had finished taking over.

• Upvote 1