GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Why would Tyrion align with her if he knows she's going to go crazy?  To sabotage it or to make sure he's on her good side?  He hates Kings Landing and his sister, so I dont see why he'd be trying to help them out.

He doesn't know, he may suspect.  Also, he likes being in the "Great Game" and this is the only way he can get it.   He can be a trusted advisor, and lead a life of luxury.  Or he can be a wanted dwarf murderer.

4 hours ago, chirorob said:

Most.   It's been so long, I get confused where I heard what first. 

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Aerys_II_Targaryen

You start looking people up on this, and one links to another, and (for me), I just got drawn in.  It's all so in depth, and perspective.  Some people are evil, Joffrey, Ramsey.   More are just, perspective.  Tywin Lannister for example.  He starts a war to save his innocent son.  He fights ruthlessly, yet efficiently, saving as many of his own people as he can.  And, let's face it, he would make a great ruler.   If he ruled, the kingdom would have peace, the debt the throne owed would be paid off, the regular people would be safe once he had finished taking over.

Tywin was my favorite character. I knew once he died, the whole thing was gonna spiral. 

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Tywin was my favorite character. I knew once he died, the whole thing was gonna spiral. 

That's the beauty of point of view.   If he was there, Ned never would have been killed, there would have been no war.   It was his moron daughter and psycho grandson that did most of the damage.  The scenes of him and Arya were fabulous.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Soooooo some pretty nice table-setting. Favorite part was Sansa telling Jon that his father and brother were stupid and that's why they got overrun. And in a testament to how awful the world is, I read multiple recaps where people were outright pissed about Ed Sheeran.

Spoiler speculation-- Stannis and Melisandre are about to walk back into Dragonstone

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Soooooo some pretty nice table-setting. Favorite part was Sansa telling Jon that his father and brother were stupid and that's why they got overrun. And in a testament to how awful the world is, I read multiple recaps where people were outright pissed about Ed Sheeran.

Spoiler speculation-- Stannis and Melisandre are about to walk back into Dragonstone

I don't get the Ed Sheeran hate.  I just didn't care, I didn't even recognize him.

Arya, "tell them the North remembers"    What a bad ass

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Stannis walks into Dragonstone, Khaleesi has him killed in .1 seconds.    The brother of the usurper?   Dead.

Notice who was in the cell reaching out at Sam?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Stannis walks into Dragonstone, Khaleesi has him killed in .1 seconds.    The brother of the usurper?   Dead.

Notice who was in the cell reaching out at Sam?

Yeah. I watch GOT with the little subtitle box on (because Jon Snow is a mumbler) and even before he spoke, it said "Jorah: Has she..." 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

I don't get the Ed Sheeran hate.  I just didn't care, I didn't even recognize him.

Arya, "tell them the North remembers"    What a bad ass

So, as the singing was fading in, and it was clear Arya was approaching a group - I said to my wife, "watch this be some putz like Ed Sheeran doing a cameo". I was disgusted with myself for being right. Not because I recognized his voice, but somehow in my brain a synapse fired connecting his track on the Hobbit soundtrack to this.

Anyway, it was a good episode. I have thoroughly enjoyed the crisis of morality that they've engulfed the Hound in, but it's time for him to start splitting skulls again soon. It's getting a bit whelp-ey. No longer entertained by Cersei and her people's eyebrow anymore either. I did like the Iron Isles uncle totally goofing on Jamie though. 

Glad to see the giants turned zombie. That'll be fun. 

• Upvote 1

1. Arya is the biggest gangster in all of Westeros.

2. Watching the progression of Sansa has really been something. I love that she bluntly told Jon that he would suffer the same fate as Rob and Ned if he thinks he can act 100% noble all the time and won't suffer the same fate. And I really, really love that she gave credit to Cersei for being able to see stuff like that.

3. The fact that the Lannisters seem so royally screwed right now worries me. Thrones has a way of pulling slights of hand with this kind of stuff and there's no doubt she has or will have something up her sleeve.

4. I see they are making Euron the new dude that everyone hates. The Kanye outfit was a nice touch.

5. The sequence where Daenerys finally landed was incredibly shot. Wish I could have seen that on a big screen.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

1. Arya is the biggest gangster in all of Westeros.

Absolutely. Maybe not as much in the shows, but in the books I thought she was such a twat and really didn't start to like her until after her relationship with The Hound. The Hound being one of the few characters who is awesome in the book and even better on show. That dude Rory just kills it. He, Dinklage, and the  actors who play(ed) Ramsay, Olenna, Varys and Bronn. They steal the show every time they're on it. I didn't care for much of the Meereen episodes, but watching Varys and Tyrion go back and forth is probably some of my favorite moments in the whole show. The part where Varys leaves to travel to Dorne, you can see part of Tyrion just sink when he realizes that the only person in the entire city equal to his intelligence and capable of having a conversation with just left. 

2. Watching the progression of Sansa has really been something. I love that she bluntly told Jon that he would suffer the same fate as Rob and Ned if he thinks he can act 100% noble all the time and won't suffer the same fate. And I really, really love that she gave credit to Cersei for being able to see stuff like that.

It's been great to see, still don't care much for her. She's just another perfect Martin character where you have so many reasons to dislike her, just like Cersei, but then other moments where you forget what a c*nt she's been and respect her. 

3. I see they are making Euron the new dude that everyone hates. The Kanye outfit was a nice touch.

The guy pluying Euron has been quoted as saying you'll end up hating him more than Ramsay and Joffrey combined... While that's probably impossible, it'll be fun to watch. Loved that two-handed dig at Jamie. 

5. The sequence where Daenerys finally landed was incredibly shot. Wish I could have seen that on a big screen.

Pretty awesome, loved how everyone was just completely silent for the entire scene. 

I've mentioned it before, but the way Martin creates all his character and gives everyone, save for probably Jon and Sam, a reason to simultaneously despise and root for them, is just amazing. He's been quoted as saying the only person who had the ability to write in purely black and white was Tolkein, so while I think Jon ends up on top, it's going to be a bittersweet win. Ala he becomes the new Night King and can't ever return home, but gives peace to the seven kingdoms, or something along those lines. 

Sidenote: I really hope Tormund finally gets to f*ck Brienne before he dies, just because he's earned it. 

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, as the singing was fading in, and it was clear Arya was approaching a group - I said to my wife, "watch this be some putz like Ed Sheeran doing a cameo". I was disgusted with myself for being right. Not because I recognized his voice, but somehow in my brain a synapse fired connecting his track on the Hobbit soundtrack to this.

Anyway, it was a good episode. I have thoroughly enjoyed the crisis of morality that they've engulfed the Hound in, but it's time for him to start splitting skulls again soon. It's getting a bit whelp-ey. No longer entertained by Cersei and her people's eyebrow anymore either. I did like the Iron Isles uncle totally goofing on Jamie though. 

Glad to see the giants turned zombie. That'll be fun. 

I like Ed Sheeran and I'm not afriad to admit it.   /JF80'd.

I love what they're doing with the Hound.  I am however, totally confused by the group that he's not running with.  They've been around through out the show so I assume they have some importance to the story line but wtf is it?  Who is the Lord of Light and wtf did the Hound see in the fire?  That whole scene was just some weird emo sh*t and lets talk about life and it confuses me as to why they're important at this stage. 

I want to punch that teenage boy looking Daenerys right in her stupid looking face.  I mean, can someone tell her to stop making that stupid ******* face?  And then the kneel down to touch the sand.  I wanted to puke.  I cant stand her. 

I've got a good feeling Jamie is going to kill Cersei. 

For such a bad ass, John Snow is such a pussy.  I thought he was legit going to cry when Sansa checked his ass.  

And I think Bran is the guy that comes through as the biggest hero in the end.  

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I love you, but don't become one of the book people. Please, please don't become one of those guys. They're the worst.

Ha, I actually like both pretty equally. There are things about the books that I prefer and things about the shows that I prefer, those aforementioned characters being one example. My point was that I never liked Arya until more recently, just can't remember exactly when I started to like her. As for Sansa, I never liked her and still don't. Although I suppose I respect her as a character now. Fun fact the internets has been buzzing about, her hairstyle was identical to Cersei's before she got all neked and had it chopped off. Wonder if that and her quote in the most recent episode are a subtle indication that she's going to be more like Cersei in the coming episodes that we've anticipated. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

When the Hound looks into the fire, and says he sees a "Mountain shaped like an arrow head". 

I think he's talking about his brother.

I just was assuming he was referring to Dragonstone, which if the Night King makes it there, I think it's safe to say things didn't go so well for the North. 

I've been rooting for the Cleganebowl for a while now, but I'm not sure it's going to be that sweet a victory for the Hound to kill his un-dead brother. I mean, sure, it'll still be fun to watch, but probably not as satisfying as it could have been. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

I love what they're doing with the Hound.  I am however, totally confused by the group that he's not running with.  They've been around through out the show so I assume they have some importance to the story line but wtf is it?  Who is the Lord of Light and wtf did the Hound see in the fire?  That whole scene was just some weird emo sh*t and lets talk about life and it confuses me as to why they're important at this stage. 

They are followers of the lord of light (fire god), just like Melisandre the red priestess.  The guy Thoros of Myr who had him look in the flames is a red priest.  He has brought Beric (the eye patch guy) back to life many times.  They know about the white walker threat from the flames.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

I like Ed Sheeran and I'm not afriad to admit it.   /JF80'd.

I want to punch that teenage boy looking Daenerys right in her stupid looking face.  I mean, can someone tell her to stop making that stupid ******* face?  And then the kneel down to touch the sand.  I wanted to puke.  I cant stand her. 

I've got a good feeling Jamie is going to kill Cersei. 

For such a bad ass, John Snow is such a pussy.  I thought he was legit going to cry when Sansa checked his ass.  

And I think Bran is the guy that comes through as the biggest hero in the end.  

The Lord of Light is basically a MacGuffin. Things happen "for" him moves the plot forward. Also lets them bring dead people back to life.

If you look closely at what the show has done, it began with the Lannisters being the royals who got their ass kissed and who were mired in pomp and circumstance. While Daenerys formed her uprising out of the dirt. Now, Daenerys is the one who is heralded and adorned... while the Lannisters have nothing at their disposal but the willingness to scrap their way out of the dirt. There's a role-reversal thing going on, intended or not. It's intriguing - no matter how much you hate pretty women.

Jamie just got neutered by the Euron. I think Jamie went from one of the most threatening warriors on the show, to a walking punchline. It'll be interesting if he re-claims his status as kingslayer.

Jon Snow has been a pussy all along. This isn't new. His entire archetype is a contradiction - valiant enough to be first into battle, but pussy enough to weep over being interrupted by his fake-sister.

Sansa ,the actress, has really grown into her face. When she was younger, she was sort of odd looking. I think she had a woman's face as a child. Now she looks like a woman, as a woman - and it's a fortunate thing that her natural maturation of appearance has coincided with her learning the ways of the world as a character. He character had to betray her sister, watched her father get beheaded, had to marry Joffrey, had to marry Ramsay, and all of that has amounted in a fair amount of cynicism in her personality. If she harnesses it right, she can use it strategically - like we saw her do in advising Jon Snow - but if she lets it consumer her, she's going to cut off her nose in spite of her face. Which means she'll likely betray, or screw, people over.

I think the way this thing is taking shape, there won't be one hero - they'll be links on a chain - and viewers will gravitate toward celebrating the characters that appealed to them most all along. That... or everyone dies.

7 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I just was assuming he was referring to Dragonstone, which if the Night King makes it there, I think it's safe to say things didn't go so well for the North. 

I've been rooting for the Cleganebowl for a while now, but I'm not sure it's going to be that sweet a victory for the Hound to kill his un-dead brother. I mean, sure, it'll still be fun to watch, but probably not as satisfying as it could have been. 

Lucky for me, I don't care how it makes the Hound feel... I just want the conflict to happen. :)