GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

On 7/17/2017 at 6:45 AM, T0mShane said:

Soooooo some pretty nice table-setting. Favorite part was Sansa telling Jon that his father and brother were stupid and that's why they got overrun. And in a testament to how awful the world is, I read multiple recaps where people were outright pissed about Ed Sheeran.

Spoiler speculation-- Stannis and Melisandre are about to walk back into Dragonstone

That line was what stood out to me most, aside from the development of the Hound to a self-loathing but good man, despite himself.

I still don't know who Ed Sheeran is and could not care less.

Jaime needs to start figuring out how to fight with his left or have some sort of sword appendage made for his right arm or he's going to be just another guy in Westeros.

And I'm still pissed that Ser Barristan the Bold was killed off for no reason....

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

They are followers of the lord of light (fire god), just like Melisandre the red priestess.  The guy Thoros of Myr who had him look in the flames is a red priest.  He has brought Beric (the eye patch guy) back to life many times.  They know about the white walker threat from the flames.

I guess I was just asking more about why their important to the story line...I guess we will find out.  I assume they have deeper knowledge of the White Walkers? And based on Sam's interaction with other old wise dude, not everybody believes the white walkers exist? So maybe that's the importance? 

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Lord of Light is basically a MacGuffin. Things happen "for" him moves the plot forward. Also lets them bring dead people back to life.

If you look closely at what the show has done, it began with the Lannisters being the royals who got their ass kissed and who were mired in pomp and circumstance. While Daenerys formed her uprising out of the dirt. Now, Daenerys is the one who is heralded and adorned... while the Lannisters have nothing at their disposal but the willingness to scrap their way out of the dirt. There's a role-reversal thing going on, intended or not. It's intriguing - no matter how much you hate pretty women.

Jamie just got neutered by the Euron. I think Jamie went from one of the most threatening warriors on the show, to a walking punchline. It'll be interesting if he re-claims his status as kingslayer.

Jon Snow has been a pussy all along. This isn't new. His entire archetype is a contradiction - valiant enough to be first into battle, but pussy enough to weep over being interrupted by his fake-sister.

Sansa ,the actress, has really grown into her face. When she was younger, she was sort of odd looking. I think she had a woman's face as a child. Now she looks like a woman, as a woman - and it's a fortunate thing that her natural maturation of appearance has coincided with her learning the ways of the world as a character. He character had to betray her sister, watched her father get beheaded, had to marry Joffrey, had to marry Ramsay, and all of that has amounted in a fair amount of cynicism in her personality. If she harnesses it right, she can use it strategically - like we saw her do in advising Jon Snow - but if she lets it consumer her, she's going to cut off her nose in spite of her face. Which means she'll likely betray, or screw, people over.

I think the way this thing is taking shape, there won't be one hero - they'll be links on a chain - and viewers will gravitate toward celebrating the characters that appealed to them most all along. That... or everyone dies.

Cool.  Thanks!

Dont get me wrong, I find Daenery's character intriguing to an extent sans the unburned, mother of dragons nonsense.  She's hot, it's just that ******* face she makes.  I want to punch it. Over and over again.  So annoying.  

Jamie's character IMO has by far the coolest development other than Arya.  He goes from the guy you hate the most, to a guy you root for despite being a dickwad, to a cool character saving his brother, to a punchline and I'm telling you, he's going to kill his sister lover.  I just feel it.

Snow annoys the sh*t out of me.  He's such a pusswah.  

Sansa is a hottie nowadays.  Her character has definitely been through hell and back.  Did you notice her wearing her hair like Cersei used to when it was long?   

I could see the multiple hero angle.  That said, it seems Bran has the ability to change it all.  I've just got a feeling he's going to learn how to use his power to reverse some sh*t. Not sure what or how but I feel like that could be a thing.

40 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I just was assuming he was referring to Dragonstone, which if the Night King makes it there, I think it's safe to say things didn't go so well for the North. 

I've been rooting for the Cleganebowl for a while now, but I'm not sure it's going to be that sweet a victory for the Hound to kill his un-dead brother. I mean, sure, it'll still be fun to watch, but probably not as satisfying as it could have been. 

Wait, the Hound's brother was The Mountain, who is now the undead dude the protects Cersei?  I thought his brother was the dude he fought at the games when they were jousting and he lost his sh*t and cut off the head of his horse and seemed to be ready to attack Joffery? 

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wait, the Hound's brother was The Mountain, who is now the undead dude the protects Cersei?  I thought his brother was the dude he fought at the games when they were jousting and he lost his sh*t and cut off the head of his horse and seemed to be ready to attack Joffery? 

One in the same my sweet sweet Jif, one in the same. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cool.  Thanks!

Dont get me wrong, I find Daenery's character intriguing to an extent sans the unburned, mother of dragons nonsense.  She's hot, it's just that ******* face she makes.  I want to punch it. Over and over again.  So annoying.  

Jamie's character IMO has by far the coolest development other than Arya.  He goes from the guy you hate the most, to a guy you root for despite being a dickwad, to a cool character saving his brother, to a punchline and I'm telling you, he's going to kill his sister lover.  I just feel it.

Snow annoys the sh*t out of me.  He's such a pusswah.  

Sansa is a hottie nowadays.  Her character has definitely been through hell and back.  Did you notice her wearing her hair like Cersei used to when it was long?   

I could see the multiple hero angle.  That said, it seems Bran has the ability to change it all.  I've just got a feeling he's going to learn how to use his power to reverse some sh*t. Not sure what or how but I feel like that could be a thing.

Be a total mind **** if he brought his father back, and Ned decided not to go be the Hand for Robert. Then nothing is set into motion...

Didn't notice the hair, no. Between you taking hair-do tips and wanting to punch the prettiest girl on the show... the jokes make themselves.

game-thrones.jpg

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nerd points being purged with every word you type... 

13 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

One in the same my sweet sweet Jif, one in the same. 

Ok, but they switched actors or something, right?  Like they did with the dude that Danareys was banging?  The dude he fought protecting Joffery was not the same dude that died in the duel.  

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Ha, I actually like both pretty equally. There are things about the books that I prefer and things about the shows that I prefer, those aforementioned characters being one example. My point was that I never liked Arya until more recently, just can't remember exactly when I started to like her. As for Sansa, I never liked her and still don't. Although I suppose I respect her as a character now. Fun fact the internets has been buzzing about, her hairstyle was identical to Cersei's before she got all neked and had it chopped off. Wonder if that and her quote in the most recent episode are a subtle indication that she's going to be more like Cersei in the coming episodes that we've anticipated. 

It's not that, it's just the way the book people have this way of trying to impose explanations on people who don't read the books don't ask for, and in turn sometimes unintentionally spill the beans about things that might happen. Ask Tom about how some idiot at a house party ruined the red wedding for him. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ok, but they switched actors or something, right?  Like they did with the dude that Danareys was banging?  The dude he fought protecting Joffery was not the same dude that died in the duel.  

Yea, there's been three actors, the most recent is the icelandic? strongman competitor. Absolute monster. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Be a total mind **** if he brought his father back, and Ned decided not to go be the Hand for Robert. Then nothing is set into motion...

Didn't notice the hair, no. Between you taking hair-do tips and wanting to punch the prettiest girl on the show... the jokes make themselves.

game-thrones.jpg

Check the hair-do's, brah.  She's turning into her.   She admires her.  JIF IS A GOT GOD!!!!!

Cersei04.jpg

1500383471-sansa-hair.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's not that, it's just the way the book people have this way of trying to impose explanations on people who don't read the books don't ask for, and in turn sometimes unintentionally spill the beans about things that might happen. Ask Tom about how some idiot at a house party ruined the red wedding for him. 

Not to dissimilar from you comic book nerds doing so with the movies/tv shows ;)  I kid because I love. Joking aside, one of my best friends ruined the red-wedding, in part, to another one of our best friends while we were all on vacation. It was like watching dad slap mom at the dinner table, everyone just stared in silence. Come to mention it, it was the same one of our friends who ruined Dumbledore dying for me, and he didn't even read those books! We've since killed him. His body is somewhere in the east river. 

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

I guess I was just asking more about why their important to the story line...I guess we will find out.  I assume they have deeper knowledge of the White Walkers? And based on Sam's interaction with other old wise dude, not everybody believes the white walkers exist? So maybe that's the importance? 

yeah not many people in westeros think they are real or know the threat.  Melisandre knew and told Stannis he was going to be the prince that was promised who would stop them.  then he died.  then she thought it was Jon Snow.  Then he banished her.  I think she's going to go to Dany next.  One of the red priestess's in Essos believed Dany was the savior.  

I believe the Hounds new crew (brotherhood without banners) is going to join Jon to stop the white walkers.  You see them in the trailer north of the surrounded by wights with Jon. 

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nerd points being purged with every word you type... 

I cant remember the Bran stuff perfectly but didnt he technically create the White Walkers?  I was thinking maybe he had the ability to eliminate them without a war or something. So many ways it could go...

But this face?  How do you not want to punch it? It so ******* whinny and annoying and miserable:

daenerys-targaeryn-could-be-going-down-a

2F214D1400000578-3348910-image-m-18_1449

Daenerys-Targaryen.png5587052_orig.jpg

6 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Best naked character on GOT? I've gotta go Melisandre as 1 and Bianca as 2. I will never forgive B&B or Martin for not letting Margaery take her walk of atonement. They stole that from us. The bastards.

Hands down the Red Witch or whatever her name is was the hottest nude scene.  

I dont remember the Bianca one.  

Who was the chick showing her t!ts in the jail cell to Jamie's buddy, cant remember his name either, Bronn or something like that?  That chick was hot as sh*t.  You dont get the whole package but my gawd.

The whore who joined Little Finger's brothel was pretty good too.  That lesbo scene was epic.

Margaery IMO was by far the hottest of them all. So I agree with your take.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hands down the Red Witch or whatever her name is was the hottest nude scene.  

I dont remember the Bianca one.  

Who was the chick showing her t!ts in the jail cell to Jamie's buddy, cant remember his name either, Bronn or something like that?  That chick was hot as sh*t.  You dont get the whole package but my gawd.

The whore who joined Little Finger's brothel was pretty good too.  That lesbo scene was epic.

Margaery IMO was by far the hottest of them all. So I agree with your take.

OOoh I totally forgot about that sand snake scene, yea, I'll actually bump her up to two and put bianca down to three. I pretty much used all those trips to Dorne as a bathroom or snack break. And Bianca was the chick in the theater troupe who wanted to kill lady crane. Phenomenal body. 

11 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

OOoh I totally forgot about that sand snake scene, yea, I'll actually bump her up to two and put bianca down to three. I pretty much used all those trips to Dorne as a bathroom or snack break. And Bianca was the chick in the theater troupe who wanted to kill lady crane. Phenomenal body. 

Oona Chaplin, anyone?

33 minutes ago, loluchka80 said:

yeah not many people in westeros think they are real or know the threat.  Melisandre knew and told Stannis he was going to be the prince that was promised who would stop them.  then he died.  then she thought it was Jon Snow.  Then he banished her.  I think she's going to go to Dany next.  One of the red priestess's in Essos believed Dany was the savior.  

I believe the Hounds new crew (brotherhood without banners) is going to join Jon to stop the white walkers.  You see them in the trailer north of the surrounded by wights with Jon. 

Gotcha.  Thanks!  I think the fact I binge watched like basically up to now, that I missed some stuff because there are so many moving pieces.  I think actually watching at the pace of the show helps you digest all that is going on.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Not to dissimilar from you comic book nerds doing so with the movies/tv shows ;)  I kid because I love. Joking aside, one of my best friends ruined the red-wedding, in part, to another one of our best friends while we were all on vacation. It was like watching dad slap mom at the dinner table, everyone just stared in silence. Come to mention it, it was the same one of our friends who ruined Dumbledore dying for me, and he didn't even read those books! We've since killed him. His body is somewhere in the east river. 

See? Death to the book people.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Still gives me the shakes. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Did you give him the jerk store line, or did you tell him that you slept with his wife? 

Long story short, a chick I was dating brings me to watch GoT at her nerd friends' place, which is filled with dudes who all read the books and would spend the whole time bitching about inconsistencies between the books and show. At some point, they become aware that I have not read the books. One of them goes, "so he doesn't KNOW? Oh my GOD he's gonna freak OUT." Then as the scene starts, the dude goes, "RAINS OF M@THERF£CKING CASTAMERE HERE WE GO" or some sh*t. Then it happens, and the whole room is looking at me for approval, as if it was these ******* geeks who wrote the books themselves. True dicks. Then they consoled themselves by arguing the scene was bullsh*t anyway because that wasn't REALLY Robb's wife from the books anyway.

At one of these viewings, a dude actually got super heated because the actor playing Jamie Lannister wasn't, apparently, a good fencer or some sh*t (this nerd used the technical term for sword-fighter) and then started quoting lines from the books pertaining to how amazing Jamie *really* is with a sword. He was still pissed that, earlier, the show made it appear as though Sean Bean had fought Jamie to a draw, as if such a thing were possible. Then he quoted a line from the book stating that Ned Stark was a stout warrior, but not necessarily a talented swordsman. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Long story short, a chick I was dating brings me to watch GoT at her nerd friends' place, which is filled with dudes who all read the books and would spend the whole time bitching about inconsistencies between the books and show. At some point, they become aware that I have not read the books. One of them goes, "so he doesn't KNOW? Oh my GOD he's gonna freak OUT." Then as the scene starts, the dude goes, "RAINS OF M@THERF£CKING CASTAMERE HERE WE GO" or some sh*t. Then it happens, and the whole room is looking at me for approval, as if it was these ******* geeks who wrote the books themselves. True dicks. Then they consoled themselves by arguing the scene was bullsh*t anyway because that wasn't REALLY Robb's wife from the books anyway.

Sweet lord that sounds like a nightmare.  There are things I prefer about both, neither of which detract from the other. It's the same thing with LOTRs. I always loathed the Tom Bombadill chapters in the books and went as far as to skip them whenever I re-read it. So glad they left that out. 

But yea, book people tend to lord it over others pretty often, as if their literacy is some sort of power, but that's been the same for any movie or show made after a book or comic. As long as neither suck, I don't particularly care. Plus, with the show, you get boobs. And it's been my longstanding opinion that boobs always beats out no boobs. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

At one of these viewings, a dude actually got super heated because the actor playing Jamie Lannister wasn't, apparently, a good fencer or some sh*t (this nerd used the technical term for sword-fighter) and then started quoting lines from the books pertaining to how amazing Jamie *really* is with a sword. He was still pissed that, earlier, the show made it appear as though Sean Bean had fought Jamie to a draw, as if such a thing were possible. Then he quoted a line from the book stating that Ned Stark was a stout warrior, but not necessarily a talented swordsman. 

It sounds like you had a viewing and dinner-date with all of Reddit. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

A story of Ice and Fire. 

A story. 

Of ice.

And

Fire.

10 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Sweet lord that sounds like a nightmare.  There are things I prefer about both, neither of which detract from the other. It's the same thing with LOTRs. I always loathed the Tom Bombadill chapters in the books and went as far as to skip them whenever I re-read it. So glad they left that out. 

But yea, book people tend to lord it over others pretty often, as if their literacy is some sort of power, but that's been the same for any movie or show made after a book or comic. As long as neither suck, I don't particularly care. Plus, with the show, you get boobs. And it's been my longstanding opinion that boobs always beats out no boobs. 

I think the difference with GoT readers vs. viewers is that the readers are (justifiably?) super-bitter because they were a little-noticed fringe cult before HBO stole their thing and turned it into a mainstream phenomenon. Like hipsters, they want credit for knowing about GoT before it was cool. 

4 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Best naked character on GOT? I've gotta go Melisandre as 1 and Bianca as 2. I will never forgive B&B or Martin for not letting Margaery take her walk of atonement. They stole that from us. The bastards.

Doreah was hot as ****all. Don't forget her. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the difference with GoT readers vs. viewers is that the readers are (justifiably?) super-bitter because they were a little-noticed fringe cult before HBO stole their thing and turned it into a mainstream phenomenon. Like hipsters, they want credit for knowing about GoT before it was cool. 

A thousand times this. GoT book people = vegans and crossfitters. If they've read the books, you better believe they are going to let you know that they read them.

25 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I can't for the life of me comprehend how the books can remotely stack up to the show. There is no way in hell. ******* Homer and Dostoevsky don't hold up to this sh*t, but the printed words of George Martin do? There's no way.

Puzo's books are great but anyone who could ever have the balls to argue that they are just as good as Coppola's work needs to be shot. Sometimes one medium is just better.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I can't for the life of me comprehend how the books can remotely stack up to the show. There is no way in hell. ******* Homer and Dostoevsky don't hold up to this sh*t, but the printed words of George Martin do? There's no way.

Puzo's books are great but anyone who could ever have the balls to argue that they are just as good as Coppola's work needs to be shot. Sometimes one medium is just better.

Oh you're just angry because you can't read and the internet finally knows all about your struggle with literacy. Finally explains all those comics and picture books!

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A thousand times this. GoT book people = vegans and crossfitters. If they've read the books, you better believe they are going to let you know that they read them.

Viewer: "Bro, I can't believe Joffrey died. I was like, whoa."

Reader: "Oh? Because I had to read 11,543 pages of George RR Martin to get to the paragraph where 'Bro, Joffrey died.' I had to read 22 whole pages leading up to 'Bro Joffrey died' where George ******* Martin goes into detail about the food that was served at the banquet where 'Bro Joffrey Died'. I had to make a flowchart. I had to draw pictures of each character and tape them to my wall, then string red yarn between these pictures to try and sort out who may have made BroJoffreyDied. And you know what? HBO ****ed up the scene anyway. Did you see any mutton on the table? Any pomegranates? Did you know that it wasn't red wine that Joffrey poured over Tyrion's head? It was supposed to be a full-flavored mead delivered to the ceremony by the great grand-uncle of the Tyrell bannermen from Nesterosi. But you didn't know that, did you? No. Because you didn't read the books. I read the books. I read the books many times. But, please, tell me all about how Bro Joffrey Died." 

• Upvote 3