GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

They did a great job that episode of making Stannis likable.  He is who he is.  Stone cold, unflexible, stick up his a$$.  And, for the love of the 7 gods, don't F with his KID!!

And... pretty much confirmed... John Snow is NOT Ned's kid.

This is a thread about the show. Not everyone has read the books. Myself included. Thanks for that.

• Upvote 1

Love hearing John Snow's allegence and pledge and all the "I took an oath" crap. Show him a boob and instant meltdown. Lmaooooo. He still resisted but it was dam funny to me. The white walkers might as well send ice boobed chicks to the wall.

Man with the book people. The first rule of if you've read GoT is never shut up about what happens in the books to people who haven't read the books.

If it makes you feel better the show is already spoiling the books and will finish beforehand.

I've only read them recently and nothing has been spoiled. Jon's parentage is a still a mystery. Nothing has been revealed or ruled out. 

• Thumb Down 1

If it makes you feel better the show is already spoiling the books and will finish beforehand.

I've only read them recently and nothing has been spoiled. Jon's parentage is a still a mystery. Nothing has been revealed or ruled out. 

It doesn't. It was a dick move what you just did. Not surprised, but still a dick move. Pretty obvious this thread was about the show.

It doesn't. It was a dick move what you just did. Not surprised, but still a dick move. Pretty obvious this thread was about the show.

What the **** is your problem? What do you mean you're "not surprised"? Who are you to randomly give me sh*t over nothing and tell me what I can or can't say? **** off.

This show wouldn't exist without the ******* books. There are practically no spoilers left and nothing has been spoiled here. Saying Jon Snow is Hodor's son is akin to saying Hot Pie is Ned's daughter.

Stop being such a bitch. 

They've pretty much skipped a book in some areas, most of Feast for Crows was cut seemingly. Some other storylines are pretty much entirely caught up. They were obviously going to have to cut something but I think they've filtered out some of the wrong stuff. 

I hated a Feast for Crows.  It was long and boring, and a bunch of crap that I could do without.

They are shifting away from the books a bit, which makes it more exciting, because now I don't know everything that is going to happen.

This is a thread about the show. Not everyone has read the books. Myself included. Thanks for that.

I didn't say anything about the books.

Stannis said, in that episode, he didn't think Ned would have a Bastard.   Littlefinger said/acted like Ned's sister wasn't kidnapped, but that Rhaegar liked/loved her.  He went past his own wife to the shock of everyone to give Lyanna the flowers.  Side note.. the books have never said anything about, so it's my conjecture based off of what was just said.

Man with the book people. The first rule of if you've read GoT is never shut up about what happens in the books to people who haven't read the books.

I did not say anything that was in the books.  I said the biggest rumor about GoT.  It's been repeated on Yahoo, and a dozen other places.  I even said I like that the show is going away from the books, and I don't know what's going on anymore.   I do not know from the books who is Jon's father.  I pieced it together based on Ned's character, and Jon's importance to the show.   What Little finger and Stannis just said (to me) confirmed it.

So piss off with your "book people" comments. 

I used to date this chick who would make me watch GoT with a bunch of book people. One dude "warned" me right before the Red Wedding scene. He just kinda looks across the room at me and says, "OMG bro, you're going to freak out in about ten minutes." They ruined/spoiled two other huge plot points that will supposedly be playing out later on, too. Legit dumped the chick solely based on those incidents.

• Upvote 1

I did not say anything that was in the books.  I said the biggest rumor about GoT.  It's been repeated on Yahoo, and a dozen other places.  I even said I like that the show is going away from the books, and I don't know what's going on anymore.   I do not know from the books who is Jon's father.  I pieced it together based on Ned's character, and Jon's importance to the show.   What Little finger and Stannis just said (to me) confirmed it.

FWIW, I don't think that it's a spoiler to guess that Ned isn't Jon's father. The singular characteristic of Ned Stark that's been driven home in this series is his integrity and his undying loyalty. I haven't read the books, and it may well turn out to be that Ned is his father, but I'd highly doubt it. Has it even been established in the books one way or the other?

The guy that I've always believed is his father probably isn't, but I'm 99% sure I know who the mother is. 

What the **** is your problem? What do you mean you're "not surprised"? Who are you to randomly give me sh*t over nothing and tell me what I can or can't say? **** off.

This show wouldn't exist without the ******* books. There are practically no spoilers left and nothing has been spoiled here. Saying Jon Snow is Hodor's son is akin to saying Hot Pie is Ned's daughter.

Stop being such a bitch.

I didn't know that. It would have been a big surprise had it happened in the show. Now if it happens, it's not a surprise. That's kind of exactly what a spoiler is. And you did it because the book people need to brag about how they read a series of books that require an 8th grade reading level. Congrats.

I used to date this chick who would make me watch GoT with a bunch of book people. One dude "warned" me right before the Red Wedding scene. He just kinda looks across the room at me and says, "OMG bro, you're going to freak out in about ten minutes." They ruined/spoiled two other huge plot points that will supposedly be playing out later on, too. Legit dumped the chick solely based on those incidents.

It's just wrong. Legitimately **** wrong.

I have a colleague that going on about 6 semesters now, gets his students to keep their cell phones in their pockets by threatening to tell them all what happens in the books if they're texting during class. Works like a charm. Which is kind of impressive because it's always 1/2 to 2/3 of every class watches the show. That's how big it is.

Also big enough to make it lucrative for HBO to offer off cable subscriptions. Which is way more the game changer than a lot of realized.

I did not say anything that was in the books. I said the biggest rumor about GoT. It's been repeated on Yahoo, and a dozen other places. I even said I like that the show is going away from the books, and I don't know what's going on anymore. I do not know from the books who is Jon's father. I pieced it together based on Ned's character, and Jon's importance to the show. What Little finger and Stannis just said (to me) confirmed it.

You're a book person. You're making guesses based on prior knowledge. It's a dick thing to do.

I didn't know that. It would have been a big surprise had it happened in the show. Now if it happens, it's not a surprise. That's kind of exactly what a spoiler is. And you did it because the book people need to brag about how they read a series of books that require an 8th grade reading level. Congrats.

Book readers don't know it either. You've convinced yourself it's a spoiler when it isn't. There's obviously significance in Jon's parentage and I knew that before I'd read the book, through his unknown mother at least. I still don't know if Ned is Jon's father or not. I started reading the books when I flat out read a guy on twitter say Tyrion kills Tywin. That actually happens, that is a spoiler. Then you get equally pissed at me for making an obvious joke while referencing or implying absolutely nothing. Just paranoia to the extreme and ironically you've managed to make actually make this thread far more spoilerish (at least by your standards) than before. Congrats.

And **** off with this general insulting of book fans. Seriously. The show only exists because people read the books.

You're a book person. You're making guesses based on prior knowledge. It's a dick thing to do.

There is literally nothing in book 4 or 5 about it.  Book 4 wastes hundreds of pages on the iron born, it is one of the most boring things I have ever read. 

That's like saying your a Rutgers person, so you're a dick.  Which could be true, since I also went to Rutgers.

FWIW, I don't think that it's a spoiler to guess that Ned isn't Jon's father. The singular characteristic of Ned Stark that's been driven home in this series is his integrity and his undying loyalty. I haven't read the books, and it may well turn out to be that Ned is his father, but I'd highly doubt it. Has it even been established in the books one way or the other?

The guy that I've always believed is his father probably isn't, but I'm 99% sure I know who the mother is. 

Who do you think is Jon's mom?  You can PM me if you think it's a spoiler to discuss.  I just like talking about it, and no I do not know, no one knows except the makers of the show and George RR Martin.  I just have my own theory.

There is literally nothing in book 4 or 5 about it.  Book 4 wastes hundreds of pages on the iron born, it is one of the most boring things I have ever read. 

That's like saying your a Rutgers person, so you're a dick.  Which could be true, since I also went to Rutgers.

I actually loved the Iron Born, Damphair aside, and hate that they were cut. I preffered them to the Martells, Oberyn aside and they've cut their main book characters too, so no idea what's going to happen in Dorne. Hopefully the Sand Snakes die for the sake of acting.

Cutting the Manderly's really hurt, especially as it would have been pretty effortless to include. Of all the things cut I can't think of anything that would have ensured two absolutely brilliant TV scenes more than White Harbour.

I actually loved the Iron Born, Damphair aside, and hate that they were cut. I preffered them to the Martells, Oberyn aside and they've cut their main book characters too, so no idea what's going to happen in Dorne. Hopefully the Sand Snakes die for the sake of acting.

Cutting the Manderly's really hurt, especially as it would have been pretty effortless to include. Of all the things cut I can't think of anything that would have ensured two absolutely brilliant TV scenes more than White Harbour.

Nerd

• Upvote 1

Who do you think is Jon's mom? You can PM me if you think it's a spoiler to discuss. I just like talking about it, and no I do not know, no one knows except the makers of the show and George RR Martin. I just have my own theory.

I don't think it's a spoiler because it's been implied a few times in the series already, but I think Jon Snow is the reason Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna Stark.

A good episode on HBO setting up the story for Season 5 OR so it felt. It's like the story wants us to have someone to hate. So Joffrey/Tywin hatred replaced by Bolton father/son hatred.

To have a good story, you need a good villian.  Joff and Tywin dying killed off the 2 best villians.

Although I never really thought of Tywin as bad.  He just tries to take care of his family.

Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell coming into town to blow up Cersei's nonsense will be must-see TV. You'd have to think Cersei has it covered, though. Also want to see Brienne behead Ramsey Bolton. I'm actually a little anxious because you can sense that another major character is about to get the whack.