prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

7 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I couldn't tell....who?

39974ad946614fae0916ee72b45818b5.jpg

• Upvote 2

When the Hound looks into the fire, and says he sees a "Mountain shaped like an arrow head". 

I think he's talking about his brother.

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

I like Ed Sheeran and I'm not afriad to admit it.   /JF80'd.

I love what they're doing with the Hound.  I am however, totally confused by the group that he's not running with.  They've been around through out the show so I assume they have some importance to the story line but wtf is it?  Who is the Lord of Light and wtf did the Hound see in the fire?  That whole scene was just some weird emo sh*t and lets talk about life and it confuses me as to why they're important at this stage. 

I want to punch that teenage boy looking Daenerys right in her stupid looking face.  I mean, can someone tell her to stop making that stupid ******* face?  And then the kneel down to touch the sand.  I wanted to puke.  I cant stand her. 

I've got a good feeling Jamie is going to kill Cersei. 

For such a bad ass, John Snow is such a pussy.  I thought he was legit going to cry when Sansa checked his ass.  

And I think Bran is the guy that comes through as the biggest hero in the end.  

The Lord of Light is basically a MacGuffin. Things happen "for" him moves the plot forward. Also lets them bring dead people back to life.

If you look closely at what the show has done, it began with the Lannisters being the royals who got their ass kissed and who were mired in pomp and circumstance. While Daenerys formed her uprising out of the dirt. Now, Daenerys is the one who is heralded and adorned... while the Lannisters have nothing at their disposal but the willingness to scrap their way out of the dirt. There's a role-reversal thing going on, intended or not. It's intriguing - no matter how much you hate pretty women.

Jamie just got neutered by the Euron. I think Jamie went from one of the most threatening warriors on the show, to a walking punchline. It'll be interesting if he re-claims his status as kingslayer.

Jon Snow has been a pussy all along. This isn't new. His entire archetype is a contradiction - valiant enough to be first into battle, but pussy enough to weep over being interrupted by his fake-sister.

Sansa ,the actress, has really grown into her face. When she was younger, she was sort of odd looking. I think she had a woman's face as a child. Now she looks like a woman, as a woman - and it's a fortunate thing that her natural maturation of appearance has coincided with her learning the ways of the world as a character. He character had to betray her sister, watched her father get beheaded, had to marry Joffrey, had to marry Ramsay, and all of that has amounted in a fair amount of cynicism in her personality. If she harnesses it right, she can use it strategically - like we saw her do in advising Jon Snow - but if she lets it consumer her, she's going to cut off her nose in spite of her face. Which means she'll likely betray, or screw, people over.

I think the way this thing is taking shape, there won't be one hero - they'll be links on a chain - and viewers will gravitate toward celebrating the characters that appealed to them most all along. That... or everyone dies.

7 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I just was assuming he was referring to Dragonstone, which if the Night King makes it there, I think it's safe to say things didn't go so well for the North. 

I've been rooting for the Cleganebowl for a while now, but I'm not sure it's going to be that sweet a victory for the Hound to kill his un-dead brother. I mean, sure, it'll still be fun to watch, but probably not as satisfying as it could have been. 

Lucky for me, I don't care how it makes the Hound feel... I just want the conflict to happen. :)

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cool.  Thanks!

Dont get me wrong, I find Daenery's character intriguing to an extent sans the unburned, mother of dragons nonsense.  She's hot, it's just that ******* face she makes.  I want to punch it. Over and over again.  So annoying.  

Jamie's character IMO has by far the coolest development other than Arya.  He goes from the guy you hate the most, to a guy you root for despite being a dickwad, to a cool character saving his brother, to a punchline and I'm telling you, he's going to kill his sister lover.  I just feel it.

Snow annoys the sh*t out of me.  He's such a pusswah.  

Sansa is a hottie nowadays.  Her character has definitely been through hell and back.  Did you notice her wearing her hair like Cersei used to when it was long?   

I could see the multiple hero angle.  That said, it seems Bran has the ability to change it all.  I've just got a feeling he's going to learn how to use his power to reverse some sh*t. Not sure what or how but I feel like that could be a thing.

Be a total mind **** if he brought his father back, and Ned decided not to go be the Hand for Robert. Then nothing is set into motion...

Didn't notice the hair, no. Between you taking hair-do tips and wanting to punch the prettiest girl on the show... the jokes make themselves.

game-thrones.jpg

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wait, the Hound's brother was The Mountain, who is now the undead dude the protects Cersei?  I thought his brother was the dude he fought at the games when they were jousting and he lost his sh*t and cut off the head of his horse and seemed to be ready to attack Joffery? 

Nerd points being purged with every word you type... 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I loved Tywin.   Really not a bad guy, just on a different side then the Starks.

Agreed. It was as-if he represented a time long passed, when rivalries and battles were fought by generals in battlefields. Unlike what his children ushered in which is a time of politics, deceit, shadow-moves, etc.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JiF said:

sh*t, I dont know.  It's the one of his many visions or time travels when he's with the 3 eyed raven.  They go back to a scene where the Children are all sitting in a circle and then the one main little girl uses a knife that she sticks through this dudes chest who is tied up on a tree.  After Bran wakes, he calls her out on being the ones who created the White Walkers and she says something along the lines of "you made us, we had to, man was destroying us, we needed them to win the war" or something like that.

oh yea, the tree children girls - all part of the lead-up to Hodor holding the door... right?

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, that was all during the visit to the 3 eyed raven when they med the children of the forest.  Not sure about the chronology of when it happened but yes, that was all the same time frame.

I hope they unpack all this stuff more - it where the real details of the story telling are. I've had enough of Cersei's resting bitch face. I'm good there. Also good on the whole Littlefinger is up to something, but never gets around to it happening really. I'd like them to go as deep into the magic, time travel, and what-not as they've gone into Tyrion liking booze and Theon having a big schlong. Those things are apparently important enough to be focused on in multiple episodes... but explaining the white walkers after 7 years? Nah. 

27 minutes ago, Nolder said:

They explained the white walkers last season.

So, what you're saying is that you want more time spent on big dongs. Got it.

22 hours ago, JiF said:

The whole season has just been a sh*t show of confusion and lack of direction.  Meaningless scenes, meaningless conversations, things not adding up - I'm not sure if it's just run it's course and they're experiencing the fatigue a lot of show experience when they run this long or if it's like you mentioned, the lack of clarity to how the story ends making it hard to build toward an actual ending.   Like you said, it hasnt turned to pure sh*t.  I'm still intrigued but this season is just leaving a lot to be desired.  

At this point, not having a single scene with Arya the entire episode is just doing a disservice to your viewers.  She's by far the best character on the show and she's currently cruising around the North solo but they felt no need to update us on her journey?  Bizarre.

Bran the next most intriguing character has apparently become a numb emotionless a$$hole and we dont know why.  Zero context to that other than he's now the 3-Eyed Raven. But that's what you give your viewers for the home coming of the true to heir to the throne of Winterfell and King of the North?  WTF? A few sentences and of all things to let Sansa know he has the vision, he describes the night she was rapped on her 2nd wedding day?  Sure, Sansa will get the point but when did he become this cold blooded heartless a$$hole and that's how you say hello to your sister who has basically gone through hell and back, which you should know since you have the vision.  And then what about John?  If he has the ability to see the future, shouldnt he know John is the King of the North?  Maybe he should have had some urgency around letting John know he's the most powerful person is all of Westeros instead of going on a journey to visit a family who has a passion for killing Starks?  Or maybe letting him know the truth about his father?  

The most anticipated meeting probably in the entire show was the definition of anti-climatic.  We get a boring dick measuring contest, we get Snow refusing to bend the knee and then we get - it's all good, go get you some dragonglass, Snow.  Really?  That's it?  You just learned you're armada was decimated by a bumbling idiot who is an awful character in Euron and you dont try to form an alliance?  Just, go get some dragonglass?  Nothing more?   I already hated Dany because she cant act and has the stupid annoying look on her face all the time but they clearly have no clue what to do with her story Arch.  This back and forth between morality and having what she thinks she deserves is getting very old.  

And what was the purpose of the Vary's and the Red Bitch's conversation?  And how many times do I have to hear Little Finger say the same thing, just a different way?

The only thing remotely entertaining was watching the Lannister army outsmarting Tyrion while he narrated the scene.  And the Olenna death scene because she was the sh*t. Though, I felt they went a little soft there for GoT but I did enjoy that scene because she was just such a great character.

Euron is terrible.  Boy did they **** that up.  

This weeks episode left out both Arya and The Hound, but we did get to see Bronn again for the first time in a while. He was just riding a horse alongside the Lannister army. I thought that was interesting, because he can flip sides if Tyrion can coax him. I don't like how Breann has fallen to the background - but with such a litany of good characters, with too many open storylines it was obvious they have traffic jams. Sam, the fat guy who likes books and knowledge, seems to be forming into an integral piece. Jorah is back. I like that.

I think the most frustrating part of this show is that there are great storylines all over - and great individual character performances - but we get subjected to 20 minute time-filler scenes that don't mean sh*t in the grand scheme of things. Like Cersei taking all that time to describe her revenge on the sand snakes... um, we already know Cersei is a crazy bitch. Why give it that much time to play out. Get to the parts of the story/characters we don't know about already. Case in point, the Red Witch hints at knowing something about Varys which shakes him to his core during their convo... what? What was it? Expand on it.

Snow meets Dragon sucked. Davos saved that whole series of scenes. That guy is great in his role. 

Olenna was great - and man has Jamie Lannister turned into a giant puss. 

Bran's whole presence in the show introduces a plethora of plot holes. I think that's why they make him say things like "I need to learn to see better". Lazy writing.

17 hours ago, JiF said:

I have to assume, Little Finger goes down by Arya.  I just have this feeling, that he tries to make a move on Sansa somehow when Jon is away and Arya returns, knowing that Little Finger betrayed Ned and she's going kill him.  There is no way, with how untrustworthy he is, that he keeps sticking around.  I know he has the army of the vale, but Sansa knows he threw the Queen out of the Moon Hole or whatever so that should be easy to push aside.

Euron is terrible.  So terrible.  They're little doing the, LOOK AT ME, I'M CRAZY, act with him.  Cant believe they stooped to that and yes, the hype was stupid.

Like I said before, they've still got me.  I'm just hoping the next 4 episodes are just crammed or not and leaving next season as a crash course of how Westeros was won. 

Euron is like one of the Suicide Squad, in behavior and how poorly he's acting the role.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2017 at 7:25 PM, T0mShane said:

I've got a few thoughts:

1. Either there's a spy on Team Khaleesi, Tyrion is intentionally sabotaging them, or Tyrion is getting worked over by Team Cersei, because he's now sent two major elements of his team directly into traps. I don't believe that GoT would decide to make Tyrion a moron at this point, so there's either a spy in his camp, or he's intentionally undermining Khaleesi. 

2. As annoying as Euron is, he's still so one-dimensional that it's likely he exists solely to be killed by another character as a means of proving that character's mettle, or charting his redemption. Which is great, because he won't be around much longer. Euron's the guy in every western who shows up about a quarter of the way in to the movie wearing a black hat, throwing bottles around the saloon and grabbing at the whores--and then gets shot in the spleen by Clint Eastwood. This character type has been used a few times in GoT already--the crazy dude that magically appears in Kraster's Keep after Kraster dies (he says, "**** em till they're dead, boyyyys. **** em tile they're dead") whom Jon ends up stabbing through the back. The other one I can remember was the tracker guy who cut Jaimie Lannister's hand off and eventually gets his neck broken by Hodor (who was being controlled by Bran). 

3. Should be noted that Olenna Tyrell joins a list of people who are supposedly dead whom we never actually see die. She joins The Blackfish, Stannis Baratheon, Sirio Ferrell, and a few other people I can't recall right now.

4. I'm curious to see how they avoid the Gandalf Problem with Bran. In LOTR, Gandalf basically solves every problem by waving his magic staff, and by being nearly omniscient, which led to a lot of derpy resolutions in those otherwise great movies (Oh yeah, I could have just called these supereagles that would have been better). If Bran can see the future and the past, it's going to take some really clever writing to explain why he doesn't, or can't, tell people what to do. I get that the Three Eyed Raven likely represents the Holy Trinity, and God would likely stand back and let the idiot mortals learn their lessons, so I'm interested to see how much theology goes into it, and whether that leaves us saying, "oh, Bran could have just called the SuperEagles in and put this sh*t to bed eight hours ago."

1. Totally agree here. My wife and I were laughing at Tyrion getting punked again, but it doesn't make sense for his character background - up until now, he's always out-smarted his siblings. Varys sabotaging might make sense here. Not sure. I look forward to Jorah re-aligning with Dany, because I think that's when this gets resolved.

2. Euron sucks, but he is sort of the MacGuffin of transitioning Jamie to completely emasculated puss-wad, as well as making Cersei's campaign viable - without him, Cersei gets trampled and there's not enough conflict for a whole season. I think Jamie ultimately has to kill his lover/sister, like he did with the mad king - bringing a lot of story full-circle.

3. Interesting observation. I fully expect to see Stannis again.

4. lol, yes.

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2017 at 2:19 PM, whodeawhodat said:

IDK, i think a lot has been accomplished thus far this season.  Sides are lining up for the showdown all the while, the larger enemy looms.  That would be my only criticism, wtf are the white walkers doing all of these months?  Seems like they are waiting for the other side of the wall to get their sh*t together.  If they are waiting for the long winter, it is already snowing in the north so they could at least decimate that part of the 7 kingdoms.

Cercie has 3 kingdoms(including her own) now aligned with her while Khalessi has 2 (including her own). To me the rest are undecided and to me that is the "story".  Who will sit atop the iron throne.  Everything else is prologue to that.  Characters push toward that end. If you are tired of littlefinger, sh*t.... he is just biding his time imo.  there are 2 wars coming, no reason to reach to push an agenda now when things could be upside down in a short while.  Even if he somehow was able to court the stark girl and unify the north and aerie as king of those 2 realms, he still needs to conquer cersie and slay the whitewalkers while remaining in power.  better to let others handle that, save his strength for the big prize.

Good points. Littlefinger, and to @T0mShane's point about Tyrion, maybe Varys have always functioned in the shadows - not as lords, but as manipulators of power. What we're seeing now with Snow going to Khaleesi, leaving the North to Sansa... while Khaleesi is perpetually walked into traps by Tyrion's advice... it kind of brings you back to all the dark-ally / brothel schemings of early seasons between Varys, Tyrion and Littlefinger. Will be interesting to see if there's something to it... these 3, in a lot of ways, have represented one of the only persistent power structures in the shows arc.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:23 PM, whodeawhodat said:

also, Bran has just been through a ton of non stop sh*t!!!  most people cant survive on the other side of the wall.  he has been there how many seasons? as a cripple? lost all of his group save for 1? became the 3 eyed raven? He admits he can only see parts of the past and future, pieces. give him some quiet time by the fire, let him recuperate and regroup, collect his thoughts, harness his power.

As soon as Bran is able to harness his power, I guarantee they kill him. Just to avoid all the holes in the writing. LOL

On 8/1/2017 at 2:27 PM, whodeawhodat said:

and then there is arya.  she thought her whole family was dead and her whole purpose in life was to kill and make others pay.  You see her choose a different path that she has been on for how long when she finds out Jon and Sansa are ruling the north? When she gets there, she will realize that Bran is still alive!  that is 4 stark children that have survived 

By the time she gets there, they'll all have run off in different directions... except Bran, he can't run. LOL I just feel like Arya gets there and they're all gone. Thus, she chose the wrong path... and should have stayed the course of revenge tour 2017.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

While we didnt see him die but we saw Brienne take the sword to what looked like his head and she said she decapitated him at one point to the Red Woman with Davos standing right there. 

Good point - and nobody ever lies on this show, so you know... 

Kidding. It's wishful thinking, I want to see Davos reconcile the whole burning his daughter at the stake thing with Stannis.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

For as harsh as I've been on this season, those were great scenes and so was the opening scene of the season.  And having Tyrion being witty and funny again is awesome.  You forget when he was a miserable bumbling drunk how funny he really is when he's in his normal mindset. 

We watched S1:E1 the other night. Dinklage owns this sh*t from the first moment he appears on screen.

****, "All dwarfs are bastards in the eyes of their father."

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Giving Jamie his nuts back and Arya being a ninja was such a relief to see. Like, we've been waiting for the payoffs on those for awhile. Interested to see how Ninja Arya is applied. Would also like to see Jamie have some PTSD deal where he toughens up if he doesn't drown. 

Equally glad the dragon didnt didn't die from the scorpion. I figured they'd sacrifice one to show off how dangerous the weapon was, and they almost did, but they didn't throw away one of the dragons to do it. 

Remember the thing with Targaryens: they either achieve greatness or madness, so we're at a bit of a crossroads with Danaerys. No doubt Tyrion and Varys are aware of this, and maybe that's why they've been trying to keep her pacified this whole time. If Danaerys does, indeed, go mad, will they--as protectors of the realm--put her down? It'd put them in direct conflict with Jon Snow and back on the same side as Cersei. 

Really, really, really glad Bran challenged Littlefinger because it'll give Littlefinger something to do instead of skulk around plotting. Bran presumably knows who made the dagger, and who ordered his death, so we're gonna kinda have to piece together whether he's omniscient or not, and if he is omniscient, why he's not using his knowledge to help their cause. 

Bronn was the start of the show last night though... been a couple seasons (I think) since Bronn's pure instinct for combat was leveraged in any great scenes. Last night, he was fun to watch. The episode in general was a great one. I thought.

The interesting thing with Bran is now that he has the ability to "see", he's also lost the human emotions that would compel him to act... like empathy, sympathy or anger. He seems to be devoid of all of it. Almost like his transformation into the 3 eyed raven came with an understanding that he's an observer, not an interferer. 

I don't feel like Jamie got his balls back. I feel like Jamie's lack of balls compelled him to do something that he wouldn't normally do, and that Tyrion clearly didn't want him to do. Jamie with 2 hands lives to fight another day. He has less to prove, so he's driven by opting for when the odds favor him. Jamie with one hand acts like an insecure man taking on terrible odds to prove something, rather than accomplish something. I wanted so badly for the dragon to just chomp him in that scene... but again, it looked like Bronn might have saved him. Hard to say.

When they fish him out of the water, I wonder if he comes over to Khaleesi's side with Tyrion.

10 hours ago, chirorob said:

If anyone didn't like tonight's episode, they need to just never watch this show again, and should never comment here again.  Just go watch Golden Girls and pull a Theon with your nuts.

Arya and the guards, cool.   Arya telling Sansa she has a list, and laughing it off, nice.   Bran saying she has a list, and Sansa realizing she wasn't kidding, real nice.  Arya fighting Brienne, awesome.   Jon talking with Khaleesi, nice scene.  

Oh, and the freaking battle was damn cool.   The look when the dragons showed up, men just turning to ash.   Wow.

Not for nothing, but Golden Girls had some of the best comedic writing and timing of any 1/2 hour sitcom in history. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

While everyone of course has already mentioned it numerous times, Arya/Brienne's scene was friggin' awesome, and I can freely admit I was already completely pumped in anticipation for that the moment Arya strolled out and was watching Podrick get whooped.  You knew it was coming and would be bad ass, and it most certainly did not disappoint.

Right there I had already knew it was easily the best episode of the season.

Yea, my wife and I were on the edge of our seats "wait, wait... ****... it Brianne on Arya's list? Holy sh*t... google it quick..."

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, that is the only part that had me eye-rolling a bit, and you certainly have to hope it's a setup for something down the line as you suggest, otherwise the constantly repeated "bend a knee" crap is pretty lame.  Missandei's comments were the first in a while that were legit and went along with everything that had been going on throughout the rest of the series (that they followed Dany because of who she is, not who her father was).  Something as simple as that convo was even great last night, and spoke more to the message that really makes sense about what this is all supposed to be about.  However, that of course completely contradicts any argument as to why Jon, or anyone else who doesn't know her for that matter, should just by default be conceding to her as queen.  Kind of goes back to a few episodes ago which had to be one of the worst-written conversations GOT ever had, where one moment Dany is talking about the line she is in and therefore the rightful heir, while the next saying that she should not be judged by her father.

But I digress, last night's episode was world's better and so no reason to worry about some of the past stupid crap, but the only point being they either need to have a real reason for continuing to play that up, or just move on from that already.

Same. Lame? Yes. However, I think it's intended to show us that she's lost her way. She's become no different than the others politicking for power. She's not the same Khaleesi that set the slaves free, imo. 

I'm hoping Jorah returning to her side sets her back on the right path.. but who knows. I like that things have been less predictable.

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, Jon having to talk her down from the idea of completely roasting King's Landing seems to go along with that as well.  That still didn't stop me from briefly thinking "oh, shut up" in the midst of a great episode though.  Of course, it's very possible that's all quite intentional, especially if it's setting up for a future situation where she's going to keep moving in a direction that will be hard to support, or she needs to be brought down off the ledge, like you're saying with Jorah.

Yea, the way I see it - she's losing two battles - the first on the battlefield, the second with her identity. She's got Tyrion and Varys in her ear, and since they've been there she's deviated from the "pure" path of leadership she was on - where she followed her own lead, instinctually - and is listening to their strategy/scheming. She's gotten her ass kicked in the first couple battles. Then, she did what she felt was right - riding the dragon into battle and risking herself - and suddenly she scores a victory. She took guidance from Jon to not melt King's Landing, but found compromise by going into a battle her way, on her terms.

She's drawn to Jon Snow's leadership. I believe her "bend the knee" crap is her doing what she thinks she's supposed to in order to keep up with the expectations of advisors like Tyrion and Varys, that are used to how King's Landing rulers/leaders function. In Dany's world, up until now, her power has come from instinctive leadership - not posturing, scheming and plotting. I think Snow can help re-center her - so can Jorah. We'll see.

On 8/9/2017 at 10:54 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

I didnt buy the scene. Sorry. I saw Arya learn to poison people, I've seen her stab people, and I know she learned tricks from the Faceless Men, but aside from a few lessons from Syrio Forell, we never saw her learning or practicing sword play like that....ever. Reminded me or Rey picking up a saber and dominating someone that has been trained. 

I get it. Girl Power!! and stuff. But Brienne has been training all of her life, defeated Loras, defeated the hound, but now, out of nowhere, Arya is a superhero swordfighter on a level with (or better than) Brienne, and maybe Jaime in his prime?

Kinda lame. Let her be an assassin, thats what she learned to be.

When Arya was studying with the faceless man, she was also getting the sh*t kicked out of her by that other girl - until she learned to defend herself. No?

14 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, so that was freakin' awesome all around.  Every step of what happened with the dragons was nuts, right up until the very end.  You knew it was coming, but that still didn't stop it from being a bad ass moment.

Sometimes it's also just the small things that can be the best.  Jon was obviously getting saved somehow, and I had every possible idea running through my head of how, but I can freely admit I lost my sh*t when Benjen came riding in.  One of those moments where it wasn't even necessary to have it at all, but a great choice to add in there.

Sansa is a bit irritating but that's the point, although I don't get any logic behind the sending Brienne thing, other than an excuse for her to be there for something later.  Arya is nuts... and it's great.

Jon's proverbial bending of the knee was the only thing I didn't love, but that was obviously coming at some point, so what are you going to do?

In the end, I was probably most shocked to see the non-dragon survival rate in this episode.  Definitely more than a few instances of being certain someone was gone, only for them to survive.  That's also the positive spin on how they can use their past killing folks off to play everyone a bit, as it was getting to the point that it starts to lose something.  For example, absolutely no one gave the tiniest flake of sh*t when the Dorne folks got killed off, as hard as they tried to make it seem like a big deal.  Instead, you now get the more shocking moment when someone looks sure to die and actually doesn't.

Bold = Benjen. Same. I literally got up off the couch and was like "uncle benjen! uncle benjen!!" and my wife was so confused, but then it happened... they wrote it, how I would have. Jon has been the only one that worried about what happened to him. It just made sense that if they were going to get Jon out of an impossible situation, it be Benjen cameo that does it.

I liked Jon's show of gratitude and humility. His conversation with the ginger wildling about how many died because of Mance Raider's pride was important. So was seeing Dany on the back of the dragon coming to save them HERSELF. I think it changed how Jon sees here, obviously.

I think the most shocking moment of the show last night was when the Hound froze in shock at the zombie bear. 2nd most shocking was how stupid the Hound was for provoking the zombies across the ice. Both moments were out-of character for him. One because he's always been "nothing surprises me" and the other because he's always be very matter-of-fact and pragmatic, sort of battle-worn to the point where being an emo bitch is beneath him... but throwing rocks out of frustration was an emo bitch thing to do.

The point you're making about how the audience is so used to characters dying it can be used against them: the ginger wildling is a personal favorite of mine, and I thought he was done. Then he wasn't. 

On 4/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Anyone notice that stare down that Bran gave Tyrion after T spoke with Sansa? 

WTF is that about? Is Tyrion hiding something? 

Maybe...Tyrion is the bastard son of Aerys and Tywin’s wife, making him Jon’s uncle and Danny’s brother. The true heir. 

Or, he looks at everyone like that.

Agree 100000% with @JiF about Greyjoy. Was telling my wife he is the Negan of this show right now. Awful, cartoonish acting and storyline is non-sensical in context of established characters.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I've seen that Tyrion theory floated a few times.  Which would explain the "you're no son of mine" quote as he killed his "father" and how he was able to handle the dragons...but dont you feel like that would have come out at this point?  Like dont you think Tywin in all his anger would have pulled that card at some point during the whole execution/prison time or during their numerous arguments and if Bran had that info, dont you think he would have shared it or Sam would have read about it?  IDK, I guess they could have saved the nugget for a big surprise at the end but it seems like a really lame thing to do if that's the ultimate card in the deck they pull.

Negan blows Euron Greyjoy out of the water.  His role in WD makes sense, his vengeance made sense, his existence made sense, his storyline moved the plot and created a new enemy, for better or worse.  Greyjoy hasnt even been that...the only fight he's had is vs. his own people.  He legit, does nothing for the story whatsoever other than potentially creating the ultimate Theon redemption moment which is meh, at this point.  It's like they felt they needed to replace Ramsey so badly that they had to create the most generic scary bad guy imaginable as if the Night King wasnt enough.  Just very strange.  And it came out of nowhere too.  He's legit the worst character I think I've ever seen created that is supposed to be taken seriously. 

The writing has broken down, so I wouldn’t be surprised. Not sure why Tywin would ever reveal it. Maybe he suspects but doesnt know, but making it known helps Tyrion. I can see it happening. The convo between Varys, Tyrion and Davos about being old and nothing lasting was foreshadowing I suspect.

Honestly, this episode was boring. Viewers already knew Jon was Aegon. Why devote a whole episode to jim finding out. 

Night King must be a Targaryen too. If he can ride a dragon.

58 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Unfortunately, Theon is gonna play some major role in the final outcome. He has to, otherwise it doesn't make any sense to be keeping him around at this point. I just hope it's not too big a role. 

I think Sansa's gonna wind up on the Iron Throne at the end. She's the smartest of all and she's a killer with comebacks. 

It would just be satisfying for Theon to reconcile his relationship with Starks by dying for them. Otherwise, no need for his storyline anymore.

Also Negan is why I stopped watching WD. That and it sucks.

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

As far as Jon riding the dragon, that dragon has always had a connection to Jon.  He isn't driving the dragon as much as holding on for dear life to a dragon that is accepting him.

Jon steers it down to the area where they get off and kiss. Seemed like they used that moment to exclaim, "hey, Jon just figured this dragon riding thing out". 

I dunno. Either way, it was complete shyte in terms of the story. They put that whole sequence together to pander to the fanboys, as if they need to. When you start telling stories by stringing together "tweetable" moments for the fans, you've become the bastard child of TWD and The Force Awakens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm still trying to figure out if its bad writing/acting, or the show is purposefully setting up for the fans wanting to see Daenerys go.  At this point, no one has any particular reason to support her place on the throne other than fear of the dragons.

She has moved far from her platform of honor and kindness. Killing the Tarley’s and worrying more about Sansa respecting her than how to win the war = Dany has become yet another monarch, devoid of humanity and consumed by power.

i would like to know if she’ll indeed forfeit her crown to save her people.

anyway, these episodes are basically end credit scenes to the series... not much happening other than nice moments for fanboys. there’s some good bits, but mostly meh...

glad it’s ending. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Exactly.  The worst part of it all, she went from the very beginning to basically say that she didn't want to rule because of my family, but in spite of them, to "buuuut, my daaaaaad!!"

There's also the simple point of the self-contradictory logic when attempting to cite a "true heir" who wants her family's previous overthrowing others to count, but not they were then subsequently overthrown as well.  That's why Sansa's point was one of the few things I appreciated from this episode, as if Dany's entire reason she deserves anything is that she isn't going to count that her family lost their power, why should the Starks (or any house for that matter) do any differently?

Dany also takes about “her whole life she wanted to sit in the iron throne”, but that’s just not true. She was sorta reluctant to lead at first... and eased into it through moments that saw her mature her confidence in her own moral compass. Through that she saw the path to ruling, justly. Now that it’s close, she’s acting more like s Lannister.

• Upvote 1

I felt like as soon as the show got out in front of the books, the writing would eventually start looking to fan theories for vision. At this point I’d be happy with one decent surprise and a Sopranos style cut-out where we never learn who gets the throne. Just because of the trolling aspect of it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If we're looking for clues as to who dies next week, the show clearly wants to say something about the olds being phased out and all the woke kids taking over the realm, so I wouldn't be surprised if every character over the age of 30 gets whacked and it's all about the PYT's hashing out their feelings about power and dominion. 

Or, if GRRM has one more card to play, he lets a bunch of the younger characters get butchered because they're idealistic dopes and all the older characters sit around the funeral pyre and ponder the meaning of existence and man's brutal nature toward each other. I'd be down for that.

The latter. It was hinted at in s8e1, by Varys talking to Tyrion and Davos. “Nothing lasts.”

Hunted at again last night by Davis, having survived 2 battles with little fight training. The characters like them, the survivors, the ones who aren’t actually vying for power... those are the ones I’m most curious about, because in GRRM’s world those are the characters that grease the wheels so to speak.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It would be so awesome and fun to watch Jon, Arya, Theon, and Danaerys get absolutely mowed over and next week is all about Tyrion and the Hound sitting around going “what the f%ck?” Maybe they let Sansa live because she’s the least weak

This would be the truest thing to the world GRRM built, rather than the fairy tale fanboy outcomes.

17 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

It’s the fact that they need to remind us of this with every line she speaks. Unbearable. 

She was the best character through the first three seasons. Now she’s just terrible. 

Arya is the most popular character in state by state surveys. She won the most states, especially in the middle.

‘Mericans love them some revenge and the inability to forgive, the true sign of a Cristian nation.

• Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company