Jump to content
prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Maybe...Tyrion is the bastard son of Aerys and Tywin’s wife, making him Jon’s uncle and Danny’s brother. The true heir. 

Or, he looks at everyone like that.

Agree 100000% with @JiF about Greyjoy. Was telling my wife he is the Negan of this show right now. Awful, cartoonish acting and storyline is non-sensical in context of established characters.

I've seen that Tyrion theory floated a few times.  Which would explain the "you're no son of mine" quote as he killed his "father" and how he was able to handle the dragons...but dont you feel like that would have come out at this point?  Like dont you think Tywin in all his anger would have pulled that card at some point during the whole execution/prison time or during their numerous arguments and if Bran had that info, dont you think he would have shared it or Sam would have read about it?  IDK, I guess they could have saved the nugget for a big surprise at the end but it seems like a really lame thing to do if that's the ultimate card in the deck they pull.

Negan blows Euron Greyjoy out of the water.  His role in WD makes sense, his vengeance made sense, his existence made sense, his storyline moved the plot and created a new enemy, for better or worse.  Greyjoy hasnt even been that...the only fight he's had is vs. his own people.  He legit, does nothing for the story whatsoever other than potentially creating the ultimate Theon redemption moment which is meh, at this point.  It's like they felt they needed to replace Ramsey so badly that they had to create the most generic scary bad guy imaginable as if the Night King wasnt enough.  Just very strange.  And it came out of nowhere too.  He's legit the worst character I think I've ever seen created that is supposed to be taken seriously. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've seen that Tyrion theory floated a few times.  Which would explain the "you're no son of mine" quote as he killed his "father" and how he was able to handle the dragons...but dont you feel like that would have come out at this point?  Like dont you think Tywin in all his anger would have pulled that card at some point during the whole execution/prison time or during their numerous arguments and if Bran had that info, dont you think he would have shared it or Sam would have read about it?  IDK, I guess they could have saved the nugget for a big surprise at the end but it seems like a really lame thing to do if that's the ultimate card in the deck they pull.

Negan blows Euron Greyjoy out of the water.  His role in WD makes sense, his vengeance made sense, his existence made sense, his storyline moved the plot and created a new enemy, for better or worse.  Greyjoy hasnt even been that...the only fight he's had is vs. his own people.  He legit, does nothing for the story whatsoever other than potentially creating the ultimate Theon redemption moment which is meh, at this point.  It's like they felt they needed to replace Ramsey so badly that they had to create the most generic scary bad guy imaginable as if the Night King wasnt enough.  Just very strange.  And it came out of nowhere too.  He's legit the worst character I think I've ever seen created that is supposed to be taken seriously. 

 

Unfortunately, Theon is gonna play some major role in the final outcome. He has to, otherwise it doesn't make any sense to be keeping him around at this point. I just hope it's not too big a role. 

I think Sansa's gonna wind up on the Iron Throne at the end. She's the smartest of all and she's a killer with comebacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

I've seen that Tyrion theory floated a few times.  Which would explain the "you're no son of mine" quote as he killed his "father" and how he was able to handle the dragons...but dont you feel like that would have come out at this point?  Like dont you think Tywin in all his anger would have pulled that card at some point during the whole execution/prison time or during their numerous arguments and if Bran had that info, dont you think he would have shared it or Sam would have read about it?  IDK, I guess they could have saved the nugget for a big surprise at the end but it seems like a really lame thing to do if that's the ultimate card in the deck they pull.

Negan blows Euron Greyjoy out of the water.  His role in WD makes sense, his vengeance made sense, his existence made sense, his storyline moved the plot and created a new enemy, for better or worse.  Greyjoy hasnt even been that...the only fight he's had is vs. his own people.  He legit, does nothing for the story whatsoever other than potentially creating the ultimate Theon redemption moment which is meh, at this point.  It's like they felt they needed to replace Ramsey so badly that they had to create the most generic scary bad guy imaginable as if the Night King wasnt enough.  Just very strange.  And it came out of nowhere too.  He's legit the worst character I think I've ever seen created that is supposed to be taken seriously. 

 

The writing has broken down, so I wouldn’t be surprised. Not sure why Tywin would ever reveal it. Maybe he suspects but doesnt know, but making it known helps Tyrion. I can see it happening. The convo between Varys, Tyrion and Davos about being old and nothing lasting was foreshadowing I suspect.

Honestly, this episode was boring. Viewers already knew Jon was Aegon. Why devote a whole episode to jim finding out. 

Night King must be a Targaryen too. If he can ride a dragon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Unfortunately, Theon is gonna play some major role in the final outcome. He has to, otherwise it doesn't make any sense to be keeping him around at this point. I just hope it's not too big a role. 

I think Sansa's gonna wind up on the Iron Throne at the end. She's the smartest of all and she's a killer with comebacks. 

It would just be satisfying for Theon to reconcile his relationship with Starks by dying for them. Otherwise, no need for his storyline anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Unfortunately, Theon is gonna play some major role in the final outcome. He has to, otherwise it doesn't make any sense to be keeping him around at this point. I just hope it's not too big a role. 

I think Sansa's gonna wind up on the Iron Throne at the end. She's the smartest of all and she's a killer with comebacks. 

I agree, Theon is going to have his redemption moment.  It wasnt saving Yara.  That was too easy.  I think he sacrifices his life for one of the Starks during the battle of Winterfell or he takes out Euron and it has a big impact on the outcome.  Anything else is just going to be silly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The writing has broken down, so I wouldn’t be surprised. Not sure why Tywin would ever reveal it. Maybe he suspects but doesnt know, but making it known helps Tyrion. I can see it happening. The convo between Varys, Tyrion and Davos about being old and nothing lasting was foreshadowing I suspect.

Honestly, this episode was boring. Viewers already knew Jon was Aegon. Why devote a whole episode to jim finding out. 

Night King must be a Targaryen too. If he can ride a dragon.

That's true but if they drove the whole story around Snow being a Targaryen only to flip it and say it's more important that Tyrion is a Targaryen, then LAME!!!  What a waste if that is really the case...but you're right, it could totally be the way this plays out.

And agreed on the episode.  Total waste of air time IMO.  I could stomach it being so wasteful if all the reunions were impactful but outside of Arya and Gendy, they werent.  I mean it was cool seeing Sansa become the smart one of the group but meh.  Boring reunion.  All of them were boring.  Every single reunion was boring and provided nothing.

Like I said, 3 things drove the story in that show; Arya's weapon, Sam not trusting Dany, Bronn ordered to kill the Lannisters.  The rest was pointless.  I liked how they ended the episode with the ultimate reunion but obviously it was so brief that it couldnt have an impact that episode.  So 3 meaningful moments with only 5 episodes left. 

Which goes back to the writing...it's bad right now.  Even down to telling Snow the truth.  Why didnt Bran do it when they had their reunion, he's the only one with urgency while the world is about to end and it was soooo important that Snow knows the truth but Bran, the cold not even a man anymore who has no feelings, decided to wait and have Sam tell him?  Why?  lol  So dumb.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's true but if they drove the whole story around Snow being a Targaryen only to flip it and say it's more important that Tyrion is a Targaryen, then LAME!!!  What a waste if that is really the case...but you're right, it could totally be the way this plays out.

And agreed on the episode.  Total waste of air time IMO.  I could stomach it being so wasteful if all the reunions were impactful but outside of Arya and Gendy, they werent.  I mean it was cool seeing Sansa become the smart one of the group but meh.  Boring reunion.  All of them were boring.  Every single reunion was boring and provided nothing.

Like I said, 3 things drove the story in that show; Arya's weapon, Sam not trusting Dany, Bronn ordered to kill the Lannisters.  The rest was pointless.  I liked how they ended the episode with the ultimate reunion but obviously it was so brief that it couldnt have an impact that episode.  So 3 meaningful moments with only 5 episodes left. 

Which goes back to the writing...it's bad right now.  Even down to telling Snow the truth.  Why didnt Bran do it when they had their reunion, he's the only one with urgency while the world is about to end and it was soooo important that Snow knows the truth but Bran, the cold not even a man anymore who has no feelings, decided to wait and have Sam tell him?  Why?  lol  So dumb.

 

"I really wanted those elephants."

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holy sh*t...

 

How can anyone be surprised that Cersi slept with that ****.  It is just about every characters back up plan on the show to get on a boat leave westeros if the white walkers take over.  If the whitewalkers win,  who better to ally your self with than the doosh with the greatest fleet of ships in the world.  As for her sleeping with him, she is already pregnant and the "who's the baby daddy" portion on the maury povich show doesn't exist. Is there a better way for her to keep power?

 

As far as Jon riding the dragon, that dragon has always had a connection to Jon.  He isn't driving the dragon as much as holding on for dear life to a dragon that is accepting him.

 

While the episode did lack the all out action and amazingness of the last 3-4 episodes of last season, it was pretty cool having all of these characters coming back to the north in different roles.

 

At the end of the day, Cersi has managed to gain the upper hand outside of the dragons.  She has amassed a large army and is aligned with the largest fleet on earth while her enemies are fighting death/protecting her north.  If her enemies win, their numbers will be greatly depleted without her losing a single soldier outside of her brother. If they lose, westeros is lost and she hops a boat to figure sh*t out with her baby daddy.  The gold army is just there to clean up the scraps should the whitewalkers be defeated by her enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man it’s depressing what this show has become. It’s still good and interesting but for all the wrong reasons.

Some of the actors clearly just don’t give a sh*t anymore. They don’t know how to write Tyrion and Dinklage is just phoning it, completely unrecognisable from the masterclass he was giving in season one. Even Lena Headey looks a bit off and she’s best talent the show has left.

It wasn’t a bad episode to be fair. Sam and Jaime scenes were outstanding - two actors still killing it. Still some nonsensical stuff like Bran saying we have no time for bullsh*t and then everyone proceeds to bullsh*t. Maybe use a f*cking dragon to escort the Umber kid instead of using them for sexy time.

The Dany/Jon dragonriding stuff is just cringeworthy. What’s worse is they were making an obvious call back to Ygritte, which only served as a reminder of how good the show was. Kit Harrington showed more sexual chemistry with the cgi dragon than with Emilia Clarke. Awful stuff.

Anyways - Still intrigued to see how it plays out. I think the attack on Winterfell will be a distraction. I think they will attack King’s Landing. We know there’s a second battle and it has to involve Jon/Dany and the Night King. So no way the Winterfell battle is decisive.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction on the end of the show, particularly Cersei's fate:
 

Cersi wins the war with Dany, Jon etc.  Everyone's dead etc. etc.

Fade to black and you think the show is over....but wait....there's more!

....we fade fade up into a new scene

You are taken into the Red Keep and into the Queen's Chambers....Cersei is laying in bed in agonizing pain....her belly is swollen and pulsing with every breath.

Jamie stands beside her, holding her left hand (with his left hand of course)

Qyburn is at the foot of the bed.

(You quickly realize that scene is taking place months after the war has ended.  Cersei is having her baby!)

As she pushes out the birth of her fourth child you hear the faint sounds of a crying baby.

Zoom in to Qyburn's face....it becomes frowned and somber.

Above the cries of the new born Lannister, Qyburn look's up in horror and fear at Cersei

Qyburn:  "Your grace" he says in a somber tone....

Qyburn slowly lifts the crying newborn into the shot

Switch to Cersei....her smile of joy quickly turns into fear and horror...she let's out a blood curdling scream....

The camera slowly pans over to see Qyburn holding up the new born Lannister.....a freakishly misshapen dwarf.

Fade to Black...roll credits.

 

Alternate ending (a): Cersei dies during childbirth and the dwarfen child is revealed at the end.

 

Alternate ending (b):  Cersei survives childbirth but hates her dwarfen monstrosity seeing it as one final **** you from Tyrion, she is about to kill the baby when Jamie catches her in the act.  Jamie loves his child no matter how vile he is.  Jamie kills Cersei.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

holy sh*t...

 

How can anyone be surprised that Cersi slept with that ****.  It is just about every characters back up plan on the show to get on a boat leave westeros if the white walkers take over.  If the whitewalkers win,  who better to ally your self with than the doosh with the greatest fleet of ships in the world.  As for her sleeping with him, she is already pregnant and the "who's the baby daddy" portion on the maury povich show doesn't exist. Is there a better way for her to keep power?

 

As far as Jon riding the dragon, that dragon has always had a connection to Jon.  He isn't driving the dragon as much as holding on for dear life to a dragon that is accepting him.

 

While the episode did lack the all out action and amazingness of the last 3-4 episodes of last season, it was pretty cool having all of these characters coming back to the north in different roles.

 

At the end of the day, Cersi has managed to gain the upper hand outside of the dragons.  She has amassed a large army and is aligned with the largest fleet on earth while her enemies are fighting death/protecting her north.  If her enemies win, their numbers will be greatly depleted without her losing a single soldier outside of her brother. If they lose, westeros is lost and she hops a boat to figure sh*t out with her baby daddy.  The gold army is just there to clean up the scraps should the whitewalkers be defeated by her enemies.

Is it safe to say, you have Cersi ending up on the Iron Throne? 

And while a lot of this is true, it also means she's playing right into Euron's hands.  Which is ridiculous and if it happens, I'll be upset about it and blame you.  ;-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

As far as Jon riding the dragon, that dragon has always had a connection to Jon.  He isn't driving the dragon as much as holding on for dear life to a dragon that is accepting him.

Jon steers it down to the area where they get off and kiss. Seemed like they used that moment to exclaim, "hey, Jon just figured this dragon riding thing out". 

I dunno. Either way, it was complete shyte in terms of the story. They put that whole sequence together to pander to the fanboys, as if they need to. When you start telling stories by stringing together "tweetable" moments for the fans, you've become the bastard child of TWD and The Force Awakens.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Man it’s depressing what this show has become. It’s still good and interesting but for all the wrong reasons.

Some of the actors clearly just don’t give a sh*t anymore. They don’t know how to write Tyrion and Dinklage is just phoning it, completely unrecognisable from the masterclass he was giving in season one. Even Lena Headey looks a bit off and she’s best talent the show has left.

It wasn’t a bad episode to be fair. Sam and Jaime scenes were outstanding - two actors still killing it. Still some nonsensical stuff like Bran saying we have no time for bullsh*t and then everyone proceeds to bullsh*t. Maybe use a f*cking dragon to escort the Umber kid instead of using them for sexy time.

The Dany/Jon dragonriding stuff is just cringeworthy. What’s worse is they were making an obvious call back to Ygritte, which only served as a reminder of how good the show was. Kit Harrington showed more sexual chemistry with the cgi dragon than with Emilia Clarke. Awful stuff.

Anyways - Still intrigued to see how it plays out. I think the attack on Winterfell will be a distraction. I think they will attack King’s Landing. We know there’s a second battle and it has to involve Jon/Dany and the Night King. So no way the Winterfell battle is decisive.

That's a good thought actually.  Take out the smaller army without the dragons with a smaller faction while the majority is still enough to defeat Winterfell.  Never thought about it that way.  The one thing about the villain being mute is that you dont know what they're thinking or they think.  They have this very, march forward type of approach but clearly they have strategy too. 

I agree that Winterfell isnt the last stand.  I think there will be a defeat at Winterfell with key characters dying and the rest fleeing.  Ultimately, I think Bran figures out a way to defeat the White Walkers, I just dont know who ends up on the throne. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

My prediction on the end of the show, particularly Cersei's fate:
 

Cersi wins the war with Dany, Jon etc.  Everyone's dead etc. etc.

Fade to black and you think the show is over....but wait....there's more!

....we fade fade up into a new scene

You are taken into the Red Keep and into the Queen's Chambers....Cersei is laying in bed in agonizing pain....her belly is swollen and pulsing with every breath.

Jamie stands beside her, holding her left hand (with his left hand of course)

Qyburn is at the foot of the bed.

(You quickly realize that scene is taking place months after the war has ended.  Cersei is having her baby!)

As she pushes out the birth of her fourth child you hear the faint sounds of a crying baby.

Zoom in to Qyburn's face....it becomes frowned and somber.

Above the cries of the new born Lannister, Qyburn look's up in horror and fear at Cersei

Qyburn:  "Your grace" he says in a somber tone....

Qyburn slowly lifts the crying newborn into the shot

Switch to Cersei....her smile of joy quickly turns into fear and horror...she let's out a blood curdling scream....

The camera slowly pans over to see Qyburn holding up the new born Lannister.....a freakishly misshapen dwarf.

Fade to Black...roll credits.

 

Alternate ending (a): Cersei dies during childbirth and the dwarfen child is revealed at the end.

 

Alternate ending (b):  Cersei survives childbirth but hates her dwarfen monstrosity seeing it as one final **** you from Tyrion, she is about to kill the baby when Jamie catches her in the act.  Jamie loves his child no matter how vile he is.  Jamie kills Cersei.

 

 

 

bravo!  

lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JiF said:

Is it safe to say, you have Cersi ending up on the Iron Throne? 

And while a lot of this is true, it also means she's playing right into Euron's hands.  Which is ridiculous and if it happens, I'll be upset about it and blame you.  ;-)

 

No, unfortunately I see one of the dragons barely surviving the battle with whitewalkers and the dragon is the "I win" button against any mortal army, elephants or not.  Kinda like that cheese play in madden that was unstoppable.   It is the go to.

Calling Sansa the smartest is an insult to Cersi. Thinking Cersi isn't 10 steps ahead of Euron is even more insulting.  How many times has the lannisters been all but done to have Cersi barely flinch and respond.  She has been stripped down to nothing by that cult to come back and rule without question from her kingdom.  

Cersi ending up on the throne may be what the girl that plays arya stark was alluding to when she said that GoT fans will not be happy with the ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Jon steers it down to the area where they get off and kiss. Seemed like they used that moment to exclaim, "hey, Jon just figured this dragon riding thing out". 

I dunno. Either way, it was complete shyte in terms of the story. They put that whole sequence together to pander to the fanboys, as if they need to. When you start telling stories by stringing together "tweetable" moments for the fans, you've become the bastard child of TWD and The Force Awakens.

I think it is  more of a mental connection that he has with that dragon over steering like a car.  As far as in terms of the story, would you have him ride the dragon for the 1st time ever into battle?  Because that  is coming my primate friend.  They led into him riding the dragon at the end of last season when he and the dragon had a "moment" on the cliff where Jon gave the dragon a pet on the snout and the camera focused on the dragons eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

No, unfortunately I see one of the dragons barely surviving the battle with whitewalkers and the dragon is the "I win" button against any mortal army, elephants or not.  Kinda like that cheese play in madden that was unstoppable.   It is the go to.

Calling Sansa the smartest is an insult to Cersi. Thinking Cersi isn't 10 steps ahead of Euron is even more insulting.  How many times has the lannisters been all but done to have Cersi barely flinch and respond.  She has been stripped down to nothing by that cult to come back and rule without question from her kingdom.  

Cersi ending up on the throne may be what the girl that plays arya stark was alluding to when she said that GoT fans will not be happy with the ending.

You're underestimating Sansa, just like Tyrion said in the episode.  While Arya has had the best combat training, Sansa has had the best mental training.  She learned from Cersi, Tyrion, the Tyrell ladies and the master manipulators, Littlefinger.

Arya is going to kill Cersi.  She still has a list, ya know? ;-) 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JiF said:

You're underestimating Sansa, just like Tyrion said in the episode.  While Arya has had the best combat training, Sansa has had the best mental training.  She learned from Cersi, Tyrion, the Tyrell ladies and the master manipulators, Littlefinger.

Arya is going to kill Cersi.  She still has a list, ya know? ;-) 

 

great point with arya's list.... Cersi is def getting offed by her....

Would still rather have Cersi, than any of the people you mentioned above.  Sansa learned at the hands of Cersi, not from her tutelage like Cersi did from her father.  Sansa's father had her playing with dolls and then she was joffreys play thing to torture.  Littlefinger def did coach her as well.  

My prediction:

Jon Snow(Aegon Targareon VI?) rides the lone remaining dragon at the end of it all and is the ruler of the 7 kingdoms

Cersi killed by Arya

Jamie- survives and bends the knee to Jon and rules kings landing

Tyrion becomes hand to Jon

Mother of dragons dies along with her dragon in the battle against the whitewalkers

Sansa marries Jon and is Queen.

 

^^^There you have it. Enjoy the last 5 episodes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 10:59 AM, whodeawhodat said:

great point with arya's list.... Cersi is def getting offed by her....

Would still rather have Cersi, than any of the people you mentioned above.  Sansa learned at the hands of Cersi, not from her tutelage like Cersi did from her father.  Sansa's father had her playing with dolls and then she was joffreys play thing to torture.  Littlefinger def did coach her as well.  

My prediction:

Jon Snow(Aegon Targareon VI?) rides the lone remaining dragon at the end of it all and is the ruler of the 7 kingdoms

Cersi killed by Arya

Jamie- survives and bends the knee to Jon and rules kings landing

Tyrion becomes hand to Jon

Mother of dragons dies along with her dragon in the battle against the whitewalkers

Sansa marries Jon and is Queen.

 

^^^There you have it. Enjoy the last 5 episodes.

 

 

I like it, but doubnt jon and sansa marry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I’m in the minority, but having a happy, feel good ending to GoT would be lame as hell.

And for a show that’s always been notoriously unpredictable, having someone like Jon Snow, Daenerys or Tyrion sitting on the throne would be the most predictable sh*t ever.

I hope it’s either Cersei or the Night King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That might have been one of the best episodes ever.  Just tremendous writing.  Awesomely done.  Wow. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IndianaJet said:

That might have been one of the best episodes ever.  Just tremendous writing.  Awesomely done.  Wow. 

Kind of a throw away episode though with little action, basically setting it up for a massive episode next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so, still some schlocky crap but overall a good episode. The specter of death hanging over all of them sort of made the shoegazing of the older characters more appropriate and forgiveable, and the framing of all those characters sitting in front of the fire drinking away their problems was kinda cool. Less Danaerys and Jon also helped the episode. Highlight, though, was Bran and Jamie working through their stuff, because I think that’ll mark the last of the Hemingwayesque old-people-seeking-redemption cut scenes we’ve been fed for two weeks now. Bottom line: more Tyrion, Jamie, Brienne, and Hound; less Jon and Danaerys and you’ll put the show back on track. 

 

One aside: does anyone watch the behind-the-episode featurette after these things? Listening to the show runners describe what they find interesting makes you want to claw your eyeballs out because they’re basically admitting they want the show to angle toward a Kate Hudson romantic period drama in complete violation of what the first seven seasons looked like. Nobody wants to see a love story spring out of this, but these ******* guys are talking about Brienne’s deep feelings of love for Jamie and vice versa. Keep these mf’ers away from the writers room, please 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the tomb isn’t safe and that will play a role next week I’d  imagine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

I like it, but doubnt jon and sansa marry

Sansa and Jon are first cousins. They aren't getting married.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ok, so, still some schlocky crap but overall a good episode. The specter of death hanging over all of them sort of made the shoegazing of the older characters more appropriate and forgiveable, and the framing of all those characters sitting in front of the fire drinking away their problems was kinda cool. Less Danaerys and Jon also helped the episode. Highlight, though, was Bran and Jamie working through their stuff, because I think that’ll mark the last of the Hemingwayesque old-people-seeking-redemption cut scenes we’ve been fed for two weeks now. Bottom line: more Tyrion, Jamie, Brienne, and Hound; less Jon and Danaerys and you’ll put the show back on track. 

 

One aside: does anyone watch the behind-the-episode featurette after these things? Listening to the show runners describe what they find interesting makes you want to claw your eyeballs out because they’re basically admitting they want the show to angle toward a Kate Hudson romantic period drama in complete violation of what the first seven seasons looked like. Nobody wants to see a love story spring out of this, but these ******* guys are talking about Brienne’s deep feelings of love for Jamie and vice versa. Keep these mf’ers away from the writers room, please 

Jaime is gonna end up on the Iron Throne with Brienne as his queen. Book it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Jaime is gonna end up on the Iron Throne with Brienne as his queen. Book it.

That wouldn’t be my guess, but it’s plausible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

That might have been one of the best episodes ever.  Just tremendous writing.  Awesomely done.  Wow. 

Are you kidding? It's so bad they're basically laughing about it. Like when Jamie finishes Tyrion's line about how he wants to die.

The only good thing that comes out of this season is some ending, any ending. I haven't read the books anyway but it seems like my dude is way too far up his own butt to midwife this thing to anything remotely resembling an as-intended conclusion.

Paraphrasing Einstein, the first world war was fought with guns and the second was fought with bombs. I dunno what the third will be fought with but the fourth will be fought by a bunch of dipsh*ts running around in animal skins playing model UN. My god in heaven all these ****ers do is caucus. Tyrion and Jamie. Sansa and Daenerys. Caucus on the wall. Caucus by the fire.

It's like nobody really has any idea what the **** we're still doing here and everybody's just sitting around looking at each other. I don't think I've ever seen a show just go to complete and utter sh*t quite this quickly.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was kind of willing to forgive the nothingness of the first episode, simply as a setup and for them to get all of the stupid reunion crap out of the way and have the rest of the series actually mean something.  Then they went ahead and did the same exact crap for the second episode, which is ridiculous.  Considering next week's preview showed a lot of "preparing" for this supposed battle happening, but going out of its way to not actually show anything of note, including not a single white walker seen, I'm questioning whether it'll be yet another dragged out episode.  If so, they'll try to play it off as some brilliant "tension building" when the reality is they're just trying to fill more hours while they've failed to come up with anything of note to finish the series with other than "hey look, a battle!"

It's become pretty clear the show's writers are just terrible at their jobs, and without chapters of the books to simply copy and paste onto a script, they're totally screwed.  The vast majority of "original" work they tried to force into the show previously was a disaster, and so far this is pointing to more of the same.  Hopefully they get their crap together with these next 4 episodes, but so far all we've got:

Episode 1 - Wait around an hour for Jon to find out who he is, which we've all known for years
Episode 2 - Wait around another hour for Jon to tell Daenerys too

Pretty much everything else that happened has been meaningless.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

I was kind of willing to forgive the nothingness of the first episode, simply as a setup and for them to get all of the stupid reunion crap out of the way and have the rest of the series actually mean something.  Then they went ahead and did the same exact crap for the second episode, which is ridiculous.  Considering next week's preview showed a lot of "preparing" for this supposed battle happening, but going out of its way to not actually show anything of note, including not a single white walker seen, I'm questioning whether it'll be yet another dragged out episode.  If so, they'll try to play it off as some brilliant "tension building" when the reality is they're just trying to fill more hours while they've failed to come up with anything of note to finish the series than "hey look, a battle!"

It's become pretty clear the show's writers are just terrible at their jobs, and without chapters of the books to simply copy and paste onto a script, they're totally screwed.  The vast majority of "original" work they tried to force into the show previously was a disaster, and so far this is pointing to more of the same.  Hopefully they get their crap together with these next 4 episodes, but so far all we've got:

Episode 1 - Wait around an hour for Jon to find out who he is, which we've all know for years
Episode 2 - Wait around another hour for Jon to tell Daenerys too

Pretty much everything else that happened has been meaningless.

Same. I was ok with the week 1 episode. To me, everything last week except Dany and Jon's CGI fest was necessary. It was almost 2 years since the last episode in real life, everyone needed to get re-acquainted, they needed to 'set the table', all of the reunions and 'moments' needed to occur. But that was supposed to be over and we were supposed to get to the story this week. Instead, the showrunners tried to do a bottle episode of posturing, and failed miserably.

And to be honest, I wouldn't have minded the framework of last night's episode if they did it right, but it was so poorly written with so much fan-service cringeworthy throwaway scenes that I was very turned off by the time it ended. Without GRRM, the showrunners are turning this into a box-model show of things that appeal to wide, dumb audiences.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Same. I was ok with the week 1 episode. To me, everything last week except Dany and Jon's CGI fest was necessary. It was almost 2 years since the last episode in real life, everyone needed to get re-acquainted, they needed to 'set the table', all of the reunions and 'moments' needed to occur. But that was supposed to be over and we were supposed to get to the story this week. Instead, the showrunners tried to do a bottle episode of posturing, and failed miserably.

And to be honest, I wouldn't have minded the framework of last night's episode if they did it right, but it was so poorly written with so much fan-service cringeworthy throwaway scenes that I was very turned off by the time it ended. Without GRRM, the showrunners are turning this into a box-model show of things that appeal to wide, dumb audiences.

Yeah, I had mostly agreed with the necessity of the first episode for similar reasons you had mentioned, and had defended it to some who were unhappy, but I'm not even so sure about that anymore, as I find myself wondering if that was more a matter of what I wanted to believe than reality after seeing last night's nonsense.  We'll see how this goes, but the really need to get their act together quick, or those responsible for this mess will go down in history for a special level of incompetence, when they had an audience eating out of their hands going into it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand hating that episode. It was the best writing the show’s had in seasons and it felt weighty. No one thought about glory, all the boisterous behavior of the past gave way to one last moment before death. Best episode of the show I can remember.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...