prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

B-b-b-but the books! 

I just watched a dragon fly over a horizon and light a whole army on fire. **** the books. 

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Haha, seriously.  When Arya made reference to most of the people on her list already being dead, I was desperately trying to remember who was even left.  Cersei and the Hound (maybe?)?

The dudes he is traveling with too. They made the list for selling Gendry. When Arya runs into them all together sh*t is gonna hit the fan.

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What the heck are you babbling about now?

It is possible to like 2 different things at the same time.

Nah uh

• Upvote 1

I have watched the last 30 minutes 5 times over already. It's just as bonerific every time. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

I could watch this scene on a loop for a week.  The kid who plays Arya really can act.   Look at the half smile at the end, she's having fun.  You can tell she has been working for years, she is wicked quick, actually much faster than the actress who plays Brienne.  She is left handed, but even goes back and forth with using weapons in both hands.

I like that she wanted Brienne because she beat the Hound. Thrones always finds a way to give you little reminders about the connectedness of things. 

• Upvote 1

That was so, so, so intense.

Crushed about Thoros. Always felt he was an underutilized character and this season he was finally getting the screen time he deserved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gEYno said:

I'm surprised people loved this episode so much.  There were definitely good moments, but:

The NK throws a spear a mile and kills a dragon, but doesn't throw any spears to kill 7 dudes on a rock?  The army of the dead can dig up a dragon but can't go under water to the aforementioned rock?  7 guys can kill literally thousands of these things, but Bran's wolf is previously killed by a mere 10?

I realize that in a show about Dragons you have to suspend your disbelief, but it becomes harder and harder as they go.

And what's up with Clark Kent's glasses? What, you're telling me that he gets rid of that hair swoop and puts on some glasses and NOBODY can tell it's him?

And then the Death Star exploding in a ring, that's not even how stuff would explode in space.

Clownfish can't speak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

They killed some, but a lot of what they knocked down was just getting back  up.   I think the Night King was just content to watch them freeze to death.  He doesn't seem in any great rush, the longer he waits, the colder it gets.   The zombies they sent down into the lake I think stayed there.   They attached the chains, and others pulled them up.

Now, where they got the chains from??   No idea.

I think it has been pretty clear since his introduction that he has a fascination with Jon. Probably due to some sort of relation. Makes complete sense that he'd just sit there and observe him.

Just now, gEYno said:

The point is that the reality of Westeros continues to get more and more difficult to believe. 

Read that sentence aloud to yourself.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I have no problem with it.  The show sets the expectations at the onset.  We accept them as the reality of the world the author (and/or writers) create.  But, then you mess with that, and it's much more difficult to swallow.

There are probably at least 100 different hypothetical answers to every question you posed. All would make complete sense. Maybe they have a reconnaissance team of scuba zombies. Maybe the Night King was hoping they'd all start blowing each other to keep warm so he could watch. Who the **** knows. It isn't real.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

you are on a roll today buddy!!!

:army of zombies that travel through some sort of mystical avalanche patterns drags a dead dragon out of a lake:

(Internet's reaction)

"THIS IS BULLsh*t. WHERE WOULD THEY EVEN GET THOSE CHAINS FROM."

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Agree about the Hound, the only thing I could possibly think at the time about the the zombie bear is maybe it was his fear of fire getting to him?  That was my only guess, as Beric and Thoros were using flaming swords, and seemed at least a bit more in line with his past stuff.  The rocks thing was pretty lame, but it seems they were just going for a quick laugh there before battle started back up.

Without question PTSD. Arya once called him out for being scared of Beric's sword. "Like a little girl" is how I believe she put it.

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2017 at 1:56 PM, T0mShane said:

I just watched the episode and I had some issues with it. Thrones does a lot of mirroring, and it's what we got here with the dragon wiping out a bunch of chaff and a major character going into the water as in a baptism, from whence they emerge with some humility. Problem is, the dragons v white walkers was something being set up for years at this point, and it ended up feeling like a recycled visual because we just saw the same effect two weeks ago. If they did this as a narrative choice (employing dragon rage as a precursor to Jamie and Jon Snow having a baptismal awakening), it better pay off huge or it'll have been a waste. 

One of the pitfalls with moving beyond the books is that Benioff, etc might lose patience for, and interest in, some of the more clever plot elements from the books. Consider the discipline it took to carry out the Hodor/Hold The Door storyline, for instance. Is that kind of stuff going to fall off as we move forward, with no one beholden to any text? While this season has been pretty good, it doesn't feel as clever(?) as past seasons. Instead, it feels like Lord of the Rings. Could just be that I'm spoiled by previous seasons.

They have sewn the seeds of a ton of sh*t this season and you hillbillies have done nothing but complain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Agreed. I've enjoyed most of this season, a lot, but there are a handful of occasions where it seems like they gave Michael Bay parts of the episode to direct. Before RJF gets all angry (<3 you), I still thoroughly enjoyed this season, just not as much as previous ones. 

OH I'M SORRY MILLHOUSE WAS THE ZOMBIE DRAGON DESTROYING THE WALL NOT CEREBRAL ENOUGH FOR YOU.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

It's not as clever as previous seasons, but I look at it as this is the 3rd act of a movie.

The characters are developed.  All the pieces are out there, now its just the climatic battles finishing things off.  I thought this season was really good, I don't know why they said it had to be 7 episodes, there was more than enough to do at least 8, and probably 9-10, just add in a little dialogue

This. There is no more development and I can't grasp how anyone would want more. We had over 65 hours of character development prior to this season. That's plenty. These last 2 seasons are all about dragons blowing sh*t up and family members ******* each other.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

What TS said is the reason Jon HAS to die. Whatever the result IMO - You don't pull that revival sh*t and get the happy ending. There's been virtually no consequence to this point. 

Being alive to accidentally shtup your aunt strikes me as a consequence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw Endgame and The Long Night in the same day and I have never been this exhausted from anything in my life.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Bran looking at Theon and telling him he was a good man...I haven’t cried like that since the last time I saw Field of Dreams. 

20 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It’s not a complaint solely about this episode. She was dominating Brienne last year, she was by far the most effective fighter they showed in combat against the wights. It’s just bizarre, it’s too much.

My dislike of her character is more to do with her general demeanor, although that can be extended to most of the female cast as D&D have no idea how to write strong women beyond blunt badassery. 

I have less of an issue with her actually assassinating the Night King, it’s more her skill set even if it was a bit ridiculous, but I can forgive that for the shock value. 

Tbh at this point it just sounds like you have a hard time admitting you got dunked on by a chick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I read a review today that said Arya didn't "earn" that moment and I had to going deep into my browser settings to blog that website from ever appearing on my computer again

WHAT DO WE SAY TO THE GOD OF BLOGS

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Help me out here: did Arya kill the NK with that Littlefinger dagger or with that staff thing Gendry made her? 

SHE KILLED HIM WITH HER GIGANTIC COCK WHICH IS BIGGER THAN ALL OF OURS COMBINED

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The dagger from Robin Hood.

^DEFINITELY BIGGER THAN THIS GUY'S AMIRITE

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The real 4-foot dog couldn't be there for the shoot. Scheduling conflicts.

IN THE BOOKS THE DIRE WOLFS WERE REAL NOT THIS CG BULLsh*t

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, Tormund is awesome, but how the **** has he survived that giant battle with the dead north of the wall last season, the destruction of Eastmarch(?) at the end of last season, and now this?

Because it's fiction. It isn't real.

59 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, but the point I was making is that it seems like earlier in the season he wouldn't have survived. Seems lately that they are making executive decisions to keep popular characters alive longer than they have done so in the past.

I'm not debating the reality of it, just that it seems very un-GoT-like, relative to past seasons. If these were the first two seasons, I wouldn't question it.

You’re gonna feel like a big idiot next week if they only kept him alive to get butt raped to death by one of the dragons. 

Which, by the way, would be awesome if only because we’d get to hear Irish complain about how the dragons didn’t rape anyone in the books. 

• Haha 2

It's been dope seeing the Internet dig up all of the callbacks to the first 2-3 seasons that were all throughout that episode. People finding new sh*t every day. Here's one from the second episode:

bv91v5o71dv21.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

To her character yes. She's supposed to become a killer yes.

To kill the night king. Pretty sure no.

remember when the king of the greatest zombie army in history and the rightful king of westeros rode dragons along the battle lines of a giant fiery war the likes of which we have never seen, and then the dragons had a dragon fist fight and we got to watch it all from the comfort of our couches and the whole real world watched and loved it and you were miserable about it

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company