Jump to content
prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

I will say this though. Ramin Djawadi deserves every award in the world. Carried that episode.

The music was incredible. PERFECT. I can’t wait to watch it again just to appreciate it more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What didn’t you like about it? I’m usually the grumpiest prick alive and I think that was one of the three or four best pieces of cinema I’ve ever watched 

Ridiculous plot armour to major characters. Just nonsensical that Sam’s just lying there stabbing people.

Wolverine flying in for the kill because she can. Absurd plot - Why was Bran even there? What was he doing? 

Literally the entire theme of the show being that the “game of thrones” is a distraction to the apocalyptic threat and yet, apparently not. 

Garbage. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Ridiculous plot armour to major characters. Just nonsensical that Sam’s just lying there stabbing people.

Wolverine flying in for the kill because she can. Absurd plot - Why was Bran even there? What was he doing? 

Literally the entire theme of the show being that the “game of thrones” is a distraction to the apocalyptic threat and yet, apparently not. 

Garbage. 

I will not even entertain these petty slights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What didn’t you like about it? I’m usually the grumpiest prick alive and I think that was one of the three or four best pieces of cinema I’ve ever watched 

Besides 80% of the episode not making logistical sense? Besides the darkness that made all of it impossible to distinguish? How many dragons are alive? How many times did characters with names die just show up dying again in another scene? The dragons conveniently disappearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arya hiding from the dead in the library was like the little chick in the Jurassic Park kitchen hiding from the  raptors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Jon sending his beloved direwolf charging on the front lines was just hilarious. Ramsay took better care of his pets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peace Frog said:

Arya hiding from the dead in the library was like the little chick in the Jurassic Park kitchen hiding from the  raptors. 

I played that level in The Last Of Us. True story.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m still rock hard.

It’s basically Valyrian steel between my legs. 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peace Frog said:

I have no idea what this means. 

The Last of Us is a video game where things happen and they look and feel earned and rewarding.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Besides 80% of the episode not making logistical sense? Besides the darkness that made all of it impossible to distinguish? How many dragons are alive? How many times did characters with names die just show up dying again in another scene? The dragons conveniently disappearing.

You’re not entitled to all the information. Kdels. This is the zombie apocalypse for gods sake 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I love GoT because of the characters and their human arcs and the politicking. I’ve enjoyed most of the battle scenes because of how well they’ve been shot.

To be clear though, if the rumors are true for tonight’s episode and we are subjected to 80 mins of battle scenes, I worry that it will be akin to watching mac’s drafts over the last 5 years: I won’t be happy, but I’ll have to hope I’m wrong and that it turns out good.

The first 15 mins were awesome. The last 15 mins were awesome. All of the scenes with Arya or the Night King were awesome. The rest I could have done without, tbh - especially the scenes with Dany.

Evem still though, can’t complain too much. It was certainly a fun, chaotic, messy episode, which I guess was the whole point of it anyway. And that Arya ending was 💯 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

 

Haha, it was not Jon snow's finest moment in battle.   He was a distraction for most of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re not entitled to all the information. Kdels. This is the zombie apocalypse for gods sake 

Oh I’m sorry for wanting to understand what’s happening on my screen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Oh I’m sorry for wanting to understand what’s happening on my screen

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE KDELS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we ******* pause, for just a second, and stop this arguing to just have a moment of silence for Ser Jorah Mormont, Jorah the Andal, a Westerosi Knight and man of Honor who fought bravely and gave his life protecting his Queen!

 

Haven't been bummed out about a character death since Barristan Selmy. 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Besides 80% of the episode not making logistical sense? Besides the darkness that made all of it impossible to distinguish? How many dragons are alive? How many times did characters with names die just show up dying again in another scene? The dragons conveniently disappearing.

Welcome to the Fog of War. First time? 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Welcome to the Fog of War. First time? 

Fog of crappy storytelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE KDELS

Oh cool I’ll just assume a bunch of cool sh*t happened until next Sunday. Oh guess what only 2 actual characters died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Oh cool I’ll just assume a bunch of cool sh*t happened until next Sunday. Oh guess what only 2 actual characters died.

Let me just put this out there: when the zombie apocalypse hits, you and your foul attitude are NOT invited to shelter in my vast and luxurious compound 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Fog of crappy storytelling

"Meh, I'm confused! Nobodies splainin' things to me! I guess they didnt have gaffers or flood lights...what a crappy production!! Can't they at least have some exposition from someone, so I know whats happening during the desperate battle fought in the dark against an army of the undead in a giant medieval type castle and keep! How am I supposed to know whats happening in the stoooory! Sheesh. Hack frauds....."

 

😁

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I didn't know this thread existed until just now.

First off the darkness if the episode make it much more unsettling in my opinion.  Added to the sense of dread.

That was 90 minutes of teeth clinching.  Great cinema.

Last thought.   The Knight King walks through fire and flies dragons like nothing.  Is he a Targaryen? 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let me just put this out there: when the zombie apocalypse hits, you and your foul attitude are NOT invited to shelter in my vast and luxurious compound 

Let me put this out there. At least I’ll know where things are in my house. And when I die I’ll actually die not just show up with scratches 10 minutes later in the same place.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Meh, I'm confused! Nobodies splainin' things to me! I guess they didnt have gaffers or flood lights...what a crappy production!! Can't they at least have some exposition from someone, so I know whats happening during the desperate battle fought in the dark against an army of the undead in a giant medieval type castle and keep! How am I supposed to know whats happening in the stoooory! Sheesh. Hack frauds....."

 

😁

Macc gets sh*t for making decisions without any direction why does this bad direction get a pass?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So I didn't know this thread existed until just now.

First off the darkness if the episode make it much more unsettling in my opinion.  Added to the sense of dread.

That was 90 minutes of teeth clinching.  Great cinema.

Last thought.   The Knight King walks through fire and flies dragons like nothing.  Is he a Targaryen? 

The rumor is he’s the Mad King Targaryen that Jamie Lannister killed. Danaerys’ father, iirc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bran looking at Theon and telling him he was a good man...I haven’t cried like that since the last time I saw Field of Dreams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...