GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The show writers themselves admitted they only made the decision to have Arya kill the NK 3 years ago. You can find foreshadowing in anything if you look hard enough.

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The show writers themselves admitted they only made the decision to have Arya kill the NK 3 years ago. You can find foreshadowing in anything if you look hard enough.

Then credit them for re-referencing past content for how they went about making it happen. Rather than just going rando

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

TBH I hadn't thought of that, but I read a post earlier today that mentioned it and I thought, damn I shoulda thought of that! Then I read a bunch of comments telling that guy that he was a moron because targaryens only survive fire, not ice flames. So I'm glad I didn't think of that.

Way back in Season 1 when the first wight is brought into Castle Black, Jon burns his hand on a hot lantern that he throws at the wight while fighting it in Mormont's chambers.  They even show him later in the episode with the hand bandaged from the burn.  He just doesn't have the same fire resistance that Dany does. 

And this isn't a D&D plot hole.....a book reader friend of mine says that GRRM details Jon's burned hand after that encounter in the books.

So I guess only certain Targaryens are fire resistant.

• Upvote 1

I'm sticking with my theory that Jamie goes back to Cersei, Cersei wins and has her baby who turns out to be dwarf which would be the biggest karma kick in the vag to her.

Either she dies during childbirth like her mother and Jamie takes the crown...or, she tries to kill the dwarfen baby after it is born, Jamie catches her in the act, kills her for trying to kill his son and then takes the crown.

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm sticking with my theory that Jamie goes back to Cersei, Cersei wins and has her baby who turns out to be dwarf which would be the biggest karma kick in the vag to her.

Either she dies during childbirth like her mother and Jamie takes the crown...or, she tries to kill the dwarfen baby after it is born, Jamie catches her in the act, kills her for trying to kill his son and then takes the crown.

Can he be King? I thought the Kingsguard gave up pretty much everything (including claims to the throne) when they become Guards? Or am I confusing them with the Night's watch?

24 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Can he be King? I thought the Kingsguard gave up pretty much everything (including claims to the throne) when they become Guards? Or am I confusing them with the Night's watch?

As King's guard no, but only when he is actually a member of the King's Guard. 

Tommen kicked him out of the King's Guard when he marched on the High Sparrow with the Tyrells to save Margery (season 6 I believe). 

Being out of the King's Guard made Jamie the true heir to Casterly Rock again and he's free to have kids, hold lands etc. etc.  This would include a claim to Iron Throne.  With the rules of succession and Cersei currently having no children or spouse, Jamie could make an argument that he is next in line as her oldest sibling.

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

As King's guard no, but only when he is actually a member of the King's Guard. 

Tommen kicked him out of the King's Guard when he marched on the High Sparrow with the Tyrells to save Margery (season 6 I believe). 

Being out of the King's Guard made Jamie the true heir to Casterly Rock again and he's free to have kids, hold lands etc. etc.  This would include a claim to Iron Throne.  With the rules of succession and Cersei currently having no children or spouse, Jamie could make an argument that he is next in line as her oldest sibling.

What about the fact the entire world knows that her children are from incest and actually have no ties to the Iron Throne and there are now technically 3 people who would be next in line; Dany, Snow and Gendry? 

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

What about the fact the entire world knows that her children are from incest and actually have no ties to the Iron Throne and there are now technically 3 people who would be next in line; Dany, Snow and Gendry? 

In a scenario where Cersi wins, Dany, Jon and Gendry are dead, dead, and dead. 

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

To her character yes. She's supposed to become a killer yes.

To kill the night king. Pretty sure no.

remember when the king of the greatest zombie army in history and the rightful king of westeros rode dragons along the battle lines of a giant fiery war the likes of which we have never seen, and then the dragons had a dragon fist fight and we got to watch it all from the comfort of our couches and the whole real world watched and loved it and you were miserable about it

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

remember when the king of the greatest zombie army in history and the rightful king of westeros rode dragons along the battle lines of a giant fiery war the likes of which we have never seen, and then the dragons had a dragon fist fight and we got to watch it all from the comfort of our couches and the whole real world watched and loved it and you were miserable about it

No.

36 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Vox? Military?

Hahaha...No.

Well....if you actually read it, you'll see that the commentators provided a little more detailed analysis than.....to summarize the article you quoted: "What the **** dude....Dothraki should have run the flank bro!"

12 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Well....if you actually read it, you'll see that the commentators provided a little more detailed analysis than.....to summarize the article you quoted: "What the **** dude....Dothraki should have run the flank bro!"

It was a joke, Nancy. Settle down. 

And American Grit is a satire page for soldiers and Vets....now let it go before I start lecturing you on the proper role of Close Air Support on the Westerosi Battlefield.

35 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It was a joke, Nancy. Settle down. 

And American Grit is a satire page for soldiers and Vets....now let it go before I start lecturing you on the proper role of Close Air Support on the Westerosi Battlefield.

"nancy"

Heh heh...funny boy.

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

To be fair it’s pretty damn difficult to do realistic battles when there’s need for drama and named characters put in certain situations and doing stuff. There’s always gonna be some bullsh*t. The Battle of The Bastards was equally nonsensical on that front but it was an easier battle to do.

Blackwater and Watchers on the Wall are by far the best two battles they’ve done IMO, and even there you had ridiculous scenes like Stannis leading from the front. But it would be pretty lame watching nothing but nameless fighters.

Interesting that this is by far the lowest rated of the battle episodes on IMDB and RT. Guess I’m not the only miserable c*nt out there. Heh.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

To be fair it’s pretty damn difficult to do realistic battles when there’s need for drama and named characters put in certain situations and doing stuff. There’s always gonna be some bullsh*t. The Battle of The Bastards was equally nonsensical on that front but it was an easier battle to do.

Blackwater and Watchers on the Wall are by far the best two battles they’ve done IMO, and even there you had ridiculous scenes like Stannis leading from the front. But it would be pretty lame watching nothing but nameless fighters.

Interesting that this is by far the lowest rated of the battle episodes on IMDB and RT. Guess I’m not the only miserable c*nt out there. Heh.

The things I really like about Blackwater that really made it realistic was this Green explosive substance that nobody can explain floating in the water that took out half of Stannis fleet by a simple shot of a fire arrow.  It was than very realistic when he took half of his broken army to storm the castle.  Both realistic and wise military decisions.

What I really found great about the Wall fight and what really made it realistic was how these dudes with ice picks climbed an ice wall the size of the Empire State Building and as long as the great wall of China.  And then the realism doubled down when all of a sudden a bunch of Giants started to join the fight and men the size of their fingers took them out.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

The things I really like about Blackwater that really made it realistic was this Green explosive substance that nobody can explain floating in the water that took out half of Stannis fleet by a simple shot of a fire arrow.  It was than very realistic when he took half of his broken army to storm the castle.  Both realistic and wise military decisions.

What I really found great about the Wall fight and what really made it realistic was how these dudes with ice picks climbed an ice wall the size of the Empire State Building and as long as the great wall of China.  And then the realism doubled down when all of a sudden a bunch of Giants started to join the fight and men the size of their fingers took them out.

?

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

?

Right.  Those were great realistic scenes.

I'm looking forward to the continuation of realism that this show has produced when the Dragos who breathe fire make an attack on a woman that has a dead man guarding her. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

So, you didn't like the realism of a substance called "Wildfire" that needs magic to help create it, and that no one had been able to make until the dragons came back.

Then, you didn't like the realism of climbing an ice wall 500 feet tall, nor the realism of Giants.   Gotcha.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm looking forward to the continuation of realism that this show has produced when the Dragos who breathe fire make an attack on a woman that has a dead man guarding her. 

Yeah right. That's about as realistic as Peter Parker using Bing as his search engine in The Amazing Spider-Man. Totally took me out of the movie. 

5 minutes ago, chirorob said:

So, you didn't like the realism of a substance called "Wildfire" that needs magic to help create it, and that no one had been able to make until the dragons came back.

Then, you didn't like the realism of climbing an ice wall 500 feet tall, nor the realism of Giants.   Gotcha.

You must not be following, I appreciate how all that was realistic.  What I dont appreciate is how a calvary of crazy fighters didnt flank an army of dead people, giants and dragons after their swords were lit on fire by a lady who once released her vagina spirit to kill a "King".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yeah right. That's about as realistic as Peter Parker using Bing as his search engine in The Amazing Spider-Man. Totally took me out of the movie. 

You know, the more I think about it; why did the writers have Bran send a few Ravens to observe General Patton.  He could have come away with a crazy wicked militaristic strategy that would have surely been more realistic than what we watched the other night.

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Glad you enjoyed them.