GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

You must not be following, I appreciate how all that was realistic.  What I dont appreciate is how a calvary of crazy fighters didnt flank an army of dead people, giants and dragons after their swords were lit on fire by a lady who once released her vagina spirit to kill a "King".

Fair enough.

Bad decision.   I have 2 things in defense.   #1, it's a TV show.   #2, the Dothraki have no experience fighting a hoard like that, they had no idea how large the hoard was, they couldn't really see the hoard, and in their past, they have always fought ( and won) by charging ahead, shock and awe, and utterly destroying their enemy.  

It's similar, they wouldn't know how to siege a castle, but would race around it and utterly destroy the country side around the castle.

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Fair enough.

Bad decision.   I have 2 things in defense.   #1, it's a TV show.   #2, the Dothraki have no experience fighting a hoard like that, they had no idea how large the hoard was, they couldn't really see the hoard, and in their past, they have always fought ( and won) by charging ahead, shock and awe, and utterly destroying their enemy.  

It's similar, they wouldn't know how to siege a castle, but would race around it and utterly destroy the country side around the castle.

Bro, I'm kidding.  I'm mocking the dudes knocking the show because the Dorthaki didnt use strategy to attack the army of the dead.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh, I see.  Next time you share your respect for realism on a fantasy TV program, I'll agree and then we can be friends again!  I look forward to this day.  

Lol have folks question anything real or logical in a show with dragons, white walkers and a chick who can walk through fire unscathed. 

Its like that movie Face Off, we walk out of the theatre and the wife says “so wait, he jumps off a 400 foot oil derrick after he just had a face transplant and his face doesn’t rip off?!?”

And I said “So THAT’S the unbelievable part?”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

What?

I didn’t think these two things, location wise, were particularly close.

Yea I definitely didn't think of that in the moment, but after rewatching and after looking at the below map of Winterfell, it actually makes sense. Arya ran out of the library (where her face is on the map below) and somehow got to Godswood, but the only way to get to Godswood is to go through the courtyard where Jon and Viserion were.

It also gives credence to the fact that Jon was actually useful during the battle of winterfell as opposed to the dope that I initially thought he was right after the episode ended. He stayed true to the character that GRRM built for him in the previous 7 seasons - willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good again.

game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-spoilers-character-locations-season-8-episode-3.thumb.jpeg.803c993e594c05aafcbfd8b8800d93e8.jpeg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yea I definitely didn't think of that in the moment, but after rewatching and after looking at the below map of Winterfell, it actually makes sense. Arya ran out of the library (where her face is on the map below) and somehow got to Godswood, but the only way to get to Godswood is to go through the courtyard where Jon and Viserion were.

It also gives credence to the fact that Jon was actually useful during the battle of winterfell as opposed to the dope that I initially thought he was right after the episode ended. He stayed true to the character that GRRM built for him in the previous 7 seasons - willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good again.

game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-spoilers-character-locations-season-8-episode-3.thumb.jpeg.803c993e594c05aafcbfd8b8800d93e8.jpeg

Ofcourse there is a diagram to the layout of Winterfell.  lmfao

• Upvote 1

There's one nit picky thing I have about the Red Woman and Arya's conversation.

It was never actually established that Arya knew the Night King's eyes were blue.

She had never seen a wight, a White Walker, or the Night King.

Obviously, you have to assume she's probably read some book with tails of the Night King and the White Walker's in it, or Jon at some point described the Night King to her, but The Red Woman emphasized the "blue eyes" line and it have never been established (at least in the show) that Arya knew what the Night King looked like, let alone what color his eyes were.

In a similar instance, in the Battle of the Bastards, at the very end, when Ramsay tells Sansa that his dogs would never hurt him, she says something along the lines that they were starving because they hadn't been fed in seven "You said so, yourself".  Except, Sansa had already left the little pre-war meeting between Ramsay and Jon when Ramsay says this.  Sansa never actually heard it. 

Certainly, again, the viewer can assume that Jon or someone else tells her this story when they gets back to camp, but in both instances, with such a huge dramatic emphasis on both lines (The "blue eyes" line and the "hounds are starving" lines) - you would have hoped that the writers had more solidly established the foundation of why those lines were in fact so dramatic.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

In case no one has posted this yet:

You're welcome.

He's a genius. Pieces together music that makes scenes more epic than they have any right to be. 

Best thing about GOT right now and pretty much the only reason I kept watching the car crash that was Westworld Season 2. His Orchestral version of Paint it Black is a f*cking masterpiece. The music throughout GOT has been on point from the start - So many iconic themes. 

• Upvote 2

So I generally think that people who complain about Game of Thrones are weird but my friend this week asked me why didn’t Bran just have knives strapped to the backs of the ravens and then he could kamikaze them into the Night King, and I gotta admit that’s a damn good point.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I generally think that people who complain about Game of Thrones are weird but my friend this week asked me why didn’t Bran just have knives strapped to the backs of the ravens and then he could kamikaze them into the Night King, and I gotta admit that’s a damn good point.

Dragon glass knives. 

Obviously.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, JiF said:

Ofcourse there is a diagram to the layout of Winterfell.  lmfao

This is the map floating around the Internet that’s allegedly from the books and would back up the theory. The proximity of the library to the courtyard, and the opening to the Godswood in relation to where Jon was performing that weird kabuki with the dragon all lines up.

7A6367AE-DAD8-4ED8-AB74-48887CFF4F1E.png

On 4/29/2019 at 12:47 AM, T0mShane said:

The rumor is he’s the Mad King Targaryen that Jamie Lannister killed. Danaerys’ father, iirc

Just catching up on this thread now, but this is just a random fan theory that doesn't make any sense.

The White Walkers looooong preceded the Mad King, and the Night King was the first, thus why his death wiped them all out.  Suddenly deciding they were the same puts serious plot holes all over the place.

EDIT:  So... yeah, you guys seemed to have sorted that all out already.  Never mind then.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Just catching up on this thread now, but this is just a random fan theory that doesn't make any sense.

The White Walkers looooong preceded the Mad King, and the Night King was the first, thus why his death wiped them all out.  Suddenly deciding they were the same puts serious plot holes all over the place.

EDIT:  So... yeah, you guys seemed to have sorted that all out already.  Never mind then.

Yeah, I got screamed at pretty hard elsewhere. Like, book reader GoT people will power-punch the sh*t out of you online if you step on the canon.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:03 PM, Irish Jet said:

This summary is hilarious. Little more harsh than even I expected. :lol:

That was pretty funny, though it got tiresome half way through. I will say that the British are pretty ingenious when it comes to insults. My personal favorite: "f*ck numptey".

On 4/29/2019 at 10:10 AM, JiF said:

I think you're letting your Arya hatred cloud you memory.  Arya has had the greatest training of any one person in Westeros.  They established she was a badass more than anyone in the show.  

Where was it established that Jon Snow was the greatest swordsman in the world?  He didnt have some intense training.  He trained with Sam and a bunch of meat heads that have never handled a sword but the first time he's thrown into battle, he's slaying it too.  Did you question that as well?  

Yeah, I definitely don't get the Arya hate.  People question her abilities, meanwhile they've had her going through never-ending training by various experts of all different types of battle going back to season one and water dancing with Syrio Forel, well before any of the faceless man stuff even began.  They literally couldn't have gone slower with her development than you know... the entire series.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I got screamed at pretty hard elsewhere. Like, book reader GoT people will power-punch the sh*t out of you online if you step on the canon.

Haha, fair enough.  I'll admit, I've read the books, but don't really get that hung up on any differences between the two at all.  It doesn't all need to be a copy and paste job.  That said, they did already kind of lay down the root of the White Walkers within the show itself, which is the only reason I think it would look stupid to try to put this change in now.  It would just be the show writers trying way too hard to force some sort of twist in that doesn't fit.

I imagine they've still got opportunities to loop the Mad King back in via a combination of Bran and Daenerys anyway.

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, IndianaJet said:

It was never actually established that Arya knew the Night King's eyes were blue.

Why would this be necessary? It’s not like Arya took this as permission to go do it. It was a premonition she shared with Arya. Nothing more.