prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

3 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

as much as i like james spader, robert california was the worst character on that show.  those episodes were awful.

She's worse.

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

I think she dies in the final episode.  I would not be shocked if Arya kills her.

Sansa and Arya were cold-blooded with Littlefinger. I could see them making this play.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What is your definition of a great ruler?

If he ran the kingdom, the debt would be repaid, there would be peace among the houses, and general safety for the people.  I never said he was a good father, or that he wasn't a hypocrit when it came to Tyrion's whore.

Would people ‘run thru walls’ for him? 

• Upvote 2

Dany emo was alright. Obvious, but fun to watch.

Clegane-bowl sucked.

Cersei and Jamie death sucked. 

Euron really was the least creative thing in the shows history.

Cool that Jon has the light go on. Too late though.

Arya coming into Kings Landing on a black horse, leaving on a white horse. Promising to see her purpose change. Went there to kill, ended up trying to save. Page turned? 

• Upvote 1

Actually after watching Barry and letting it sink in. That was an awful installment. Like completely breaks several character archetypes and really underwhelms on story. Boo. 

Just let it be over.

• Upvote 1

Also ...

1 dragon killed by 3 consecutive scorpion shots.

1 dragon destroys entire fleet of ships and castles with scorpions. Dodged every shot.

C’mon. Even though it’s fantasy it doesn’t have to be stupid writing.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh, and random thought. Second to last episode and they somehow managed to do a fantastic job making the entire Stark family (including Jon) 100% completely meaningless to it all.

When Arya disappeared for like a 20 minute stretch, I was holding out hope she'd at least eventually show up with the face of one of the various different folks we had seen seriously injured, but not clearly die. No such luck.

I mean, at least we had Euron get blown off his ship, swim to shore in full armor, then immediately defeat Jamie while talking non-stop... without ever appearing winded.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Snow hides behind walls at Winterfell from the ice dragon.  Drogon destroy entire buildings with one shot of fire from his mouth.

It's beyond lazy at this point.

Dragon fire destroys the Great Wall. Yea. It’s slop.

• Upvote 1

Was telling someone today... They spent 6 seasons developing archetypes, and then completely colon blow-out shat all over them the past 2 seasons, but this one most gratuitously.

Jon Snow. He is loyal, yes. He knows nothing, yes. However, his most notable character trait is that he's righteous. He has systematically compromised righteousness over and over again for Dany. He didn't do it for Egrid. He didn't do it for the Black. They ruined everything they built in him by making him stand there idle, while Dany became a monster.

Arya. As great as the work they've done with her character has been, even that stupid season of faceless crap, they just completely abandoned everything she's about. I mean, right up until she tell's Gendry "that's not me" she was consistent. Then, last night she basically became a weak, unresourceful, clumsy and soft character. Thanking the Hound? C'mon.

Tyrion. Hasn't been Tyrion since he became the hand of the queen. I get him being wrong once, but the fact that they keep making him this ass of an advisor to her makes no sense at all. He was a master-manipulator for years. Now he's a pud? No. Not acceptable.

Cersei. Crying that she doesn't want to die? WTF. How ******* pathetic. Barking orders and having that goofy hand of hers tell her sh*ts already been destroyed like she isn't ahead of the information? No. No. No. The fact that Cersei had nothing up her sleeve at all? Nothing? No.

Varys. Good writers would have know to have Varys say, "I know." When Tyrion admitted it was him that betrayed him. Varys would have been way ahead of the game here. The fact that Dany inexplicably know all the dirt, and Varys and Tyrion were dults makes no sense at all.

I mean, this was just off-the-top of my head. The great shows are the ones that declare the archetypes of the people involved in the story and stay true to those archetypes. Case in point: Walter White. The entire character, and thus the story and all of its details, are centered around the notion that he is an Enneagram 1.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s an amazing thread/discussion about GoT and the process behind it: 

Really good so far... but the immediate question I ask myself is, why does GoT have stiff characters AND a meandering plot? It's like they've got the worst of both going on right now... 

• Upvote 1

Also.,.. The Hound letting Cersei just walk on by? Nope. Would have been nothing for him to lop her head off. That would have been the most vengeful thing he could have done to his brother other than killing him. Why not pour it on? 

Meh. Sucked. Watchmen looks cool though.

GRRM - disassociation from being blamed for massive letdown

• Upvote 1

Predicted to my wife: Dany will execute Tyrion the same way she did Varys, he won’t burn, and that’s how they’ll reveal Tyrion as a Targaeryan. 

Nope. Too creative I guess.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Obviously, overall a disappointment.  But this episode specifically was fine by me, considering where we were at the start.  It gives a lot of credence to that thread Tom posted... Clearly this is where we were headed, and the prior episodes were jamming in everything that needed to happen to get there.  Sad thing is that with as little as 2-3 more episodes, I feel like it could have been done well.

Think of all the extra gif-ready scenes they could have packed in!!!

More episodes wasn’t gonna fix uninspired writing. The issue, along the lines of that pantsers vs plotters bit, is that it began as creative writing and ended as a honey-do list of chores.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

But I do think the to-do list was, at least somewhat, a byproduct of time.  There’s undoubtedly a way to have it all play out more naturally.  Obviously having the source material helped meaningfully, but it’s not like a better show was impossible without it.  And frankly, we can’t be certain Martin had/has any other great twists up his sleeve.  Bran kind of said it to Jon, everything happened along the way just as it was supposed to.  It is what it is.  Like I said, disappointed with the season as a whole, fine with the conclusion based on where we were at 8:59 last night.

I am glad for one thing, Bran as a chosen king, nobody on iron throne, wasn't pandering to the fanboys. 

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I think Drogon got the ending that was best for Drogon.

As a wild beast, he is now free to roam the world with no constraints.  Just like he did when he escaped confinement by Dany at the end of Season 4.  If Dany had lived and ruled the Seven Kingdom's eventually she would have had to do something contain Drogon. 

They stole that story close from How to Train Your Dragon, which actually wrapped their franchise with a much better ending.

• Haha 1

Just catching the last bits on replay. The ******* plot holes are nothing short of pure comedy. Maisie Williams tweeted and the meme replies are almost all different plot holes.

lol, seriously... part of me thinks Tyrion was full of crap, chose Bran because nobody would vote against an wheel chair king, to save his own ass with manipulation... Bran knows it and thus appoints him hand to make him do all the work, while he wargs into critters that can sneak into the girl’s room so he can fap.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

We can stop doing this, you know. There was nothing behind Door 2. It was all brainless in the end 

Eh, I think I’ll do it more. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company