prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

38 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Best episode of the season. Bran repeating Little Finger's ladder chaos quote was epic. Arya is no longer a twat, but firmly a badass; that scene with her and Briene was awesome. The seeds have been sown for Jon to f*ck Dany, thanks to Davos' mentioning of her t!ts. And speaking of, Bronn is just the titts, love every time he's on the screen. Watching Tyrion cringe seeing his people decimated and brother almost killed was brilliant work.

Still can't decide if/when one of Dany's dragons dies, does it get resurrected and ridden by the white walker or by Jon, I dunno. Ice dragon ftw!

Even when Arya just handed over the knife, she did a sweet little twirl with it.  Sansa and Little finger watching like, "WTF"

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

B-b-b-but the books! 

I just watched a dragon fly over a horizon and light a whole army on fire. **** the books. 

What the heck are you babbling about now?

It is possible to like 2 different things at the same time.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Haha, seriously.  When Arya made reference to most of the people on her list already being dead, I was desperately trying to remember who was even left.  Cersei and the Hound (maybe?)?

Cersie, the Hound, The Mountain, I think Illyn Payne (executioner who killed Ned).

Maybe the guys from the brotherhood without banners for selling Melisandre.   Melisandre, and I think she knows Arya is going to kill her.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:56 AM, Spoot-Face said:

WHY DID SHE BURN THOSE PRECIOUS SUPPLY CARTS?

WHAT ABOUT THE GOLD?

Yeah, she burned all the food to feed the people right before the longest winter in 100 years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I have watched the last 30 minutes 5 times over already. It's just as bonerific every time. 

I could watch this scene on a loop for a week.  The kid who plays Arya really can act.   Look at the half smile at the end, she's having fun.  You can tell she has been working for years, she is wicked quick, actually much faster than the actress who plays Brienne.  She is left handed, but even goes back and forth with using weapons in both hands.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I love that when Brienne kicks Arya there's a brief moment that's like "oh sh*t, I shouldn't have done that", then Arya pops right back up and it's game on.

Both of them.   Brienne doesn't over react, but her face says exactly what you said.  "Oh S***, too far".   Then Arya pops up, now she's into it with that stance, the music starts, they really start fighting, and Sansa is like, "WTF happened to my little sister?"

Littlefinger says play everything out in your head, and you'll never be surprised.   But Bran nut shots him with, "Chaos is a ladder".  Arya has the knife and is like a little Ninja.  There is now way he played that out in his head.

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2017 at 4:11 PM, Hitman Harris said:

Yep is was all the food.... I guess she was ensuring Queen Bitch Cercei would not get it either way... It will probably be regretted later on 

I know you are replying but all I see is "Bam"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark." Signed, Sansa

The letter

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

image.png

Lord Friend Zone hath returned.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, the Claw said:

Really not much to complain about this episode. Littlefinger was setting Arya up for a fight with Brienne. If Arya tried to kill Sansa, Brienne would intervene, and most likely get killed. Sansa loses from that fight either way so she sends Brienne as a liason. At least that's how I took it. Sansa is in deep sh*te. She needs to kill Littlefinger to prove herself to Arya. And she may use that dagger.

I'm sweating for Tyrion. Nothing is going right for that guy. He's effed up so many times this season I'm worrying for his safety. He's gotta watch Varys too. I have a whacky theory where Varys ends up on the Iron Throne.

The second half of the episode was pretty wild. Too many saved-in-the-nick-of-times, but I didn't want any of those guys to bite it. The conversation between Tormund and the Hound was awesome. I rolled my eyes at the polar bear. Lame. Gendry is a phenomenal athlete. Sign that beast!

Losing a dragon is a bummer. Especially since he's fighting for the other side now. They better be as fast at making Scorpions as Euron is at making boats. Dragonglass spears anyone? Well, at least they captured that stupid wight. What a dumb plan.

Still don't buy the romance between Dany and John. I hope they don't end up as a couple. It would water down the story for me.

All in all, though, this was a solid episode. Next week should be interesting.

The first time that Zombie Dragon shows up....    They don't know it's coming, and won't have any dragon glass spears.

Every theory I make is wrong.   My new one is her other 2 dragons die fighting the zombie one, and it's only stopped when they kill the Night King.

12 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm surprised people loved this episode so much.  There were definitely good moments, but:

The NK throws a spear a mile and kills a dragon, but doesn't throw any spears to kill 7 dudes on a rock?  The army of the dead can dig up a dragon but can't go under water to the aforementioned rock?  7 guys can kill literally thousands of these things, but Bran's wolf is previously killed by a mere 10?

I realize that in a show about Dragons you have to suspend your disbelief, but it becomes harder and harder as they go.

They killed some, but a lot of what they knocked down was just getting back  up.   I think the Night King was just content to watch them freeze to death.  He doesn't seem in any great rush, the longer he waits, the colder it gets.   The zombies they sent down into the lake I think stayed there.   They attached the chains, and others pulled them up.

Now, where they got the chains from??   No idea.

8 hours ago, the Claw said:

Really not much to complain about this episode. Littlefinger was setting Arya up for a fight with Brienne. If Arya tried to kill Sansa, Brienne would intervene, and most likely get killed. Sansa loses from that fight either way so she sends Brienne as a liason. At least that's how I took it. Sansa is in deep sh*te. She needs to kill Littlefinger to prove herself to Arya. And she may use that dagger.

I'm sweating for Tyrion. Nothing is going right for that guy. He's effed up so many times this season I'm worrying for his safety. He's gotta watch Varys too. I have a whacky theory where Varys ends up on the Iron Throne.

The second half of the episode was pretty wild. Too many saved-in-the-nick-of-times, but I didn't want any of those guys to bite it. The conversation between Tormund and the Hound was awesome. I rolled my eyes at the polar bear. Lame. Gendry is a phenomenal athlete. Sign that beast!

Losing a dragon is a bummer. Especially since he's fighting for the other side now. They better be as fast at making Scorpions as Euron is at making boats. Dragonglass spears anyone? Well, at least they captured that stupid wight. What a dumb plan.

Still don't buy the romance between Dany and John. I hope they don't end up as a couple. It would water down the story for me.

All in all, though, this was a solid episode. Next week should be interesting.

Agree on on the Tormund/ Hound.    I love the Hound, he is just awesome.   Plus, how they were messing with Gendry.  "Sex is best.   We'll just have to make due...."

The Hound is getting on Gendry.  "Your Mouth is open, and your complaining"

12 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I did like Tormund professing his love for Brienne.  Epic ending to this season is him doing Brienne GoT style(aka doggie style) scene fades to black; lol

We will have giant children.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2017 at 7:33 PM, JiF said:

Sansa acts like she sees through Littlefinger but is playing right into him.  She's annoying me.  I want Arya to out smart this and kill him so bad but I've got these weird feeling he pulls something craz off. 

So, happy now?

That was a nice scene.  :)

• Upvote 2

On 8/25/2017 at 3:56 PM, T0mShane said:

I just watched the episode and I had some issues with it. Thrones does a lot of mirroring, and it's what we got here with the dragon wiping out a bunch of chaff and a major character going into the water as in a baptism, from whence they emerge with some humility. Problem is, the dragons v white walkers was something being set up for years at this point, and it ended up feeling like a recycled visual because we just saw the same effect two weeks ago. If they did this as a narrative choice (employing dragon rage as a precursor to Jamie and Jon Snow having a baptismal awakening), it better pay off huge or it'll have been a waste. 

One of the pitfalls with moving beyond the books is that Benioff, etc might lose patience for, and interest in, some of the more clever plot elements from the books. Consider the discipline it took to carry out the Hodor/Hold The Door storyline, for instance. Is that kind of stuff going to fall off as we move forward, with no one beholden to any text? While this season has been pretty good, it doesn't feel as clever(?) as past seasons. Instead, it feels like Lord of the Rings. Could just be that I'm spoiled by previous seasons.

It's not as clever as previous seasons, but I look at it as this is the 3rd act of a movie.

The characters are developed.  All the pieces are out there, now its just the climatic battles finishing things off.  I thought this season was really good, I don't know why they said it had to be 7 episodes, there was more than enough to do at least 8, and probably 9-10, just add in a little dialogue

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JiF said:

A couple of questions/thoughts from that episode.

Tyrion during the incest scene: they made a point to show him him and his look of concern.  Why?  Scared that love might stand in the way of conquering?  Otherwise, you think he'd be happy about it.  The whole season they built up the theory that Tyrion (and Varys) were concerned with Dany's moral code and sanity.  Now she's sleeping with the one guy who has any moral compass on the entire show.  Should be a good thing and help his cause for getting her to not go crazy, right? So why the concerned look? 

The nod to kill Jamie?  Did she tell the Mountain not to kill him even if she gives the order?  A bluff?  Jamie is her one weakness.  How that plays a factor now that he's a traitor is going to be pretty amazing considering their relationship being revealed was the catalyst for all the chaos.  

Theon and 2 row boats full of dudes are going to do what exactly?  

What did Hound mean when he said essentially you know whats coming for you?  Is he still seeing visions through the lord of light?  Speaking of which, where is the Red Bitch? 

Not sure how they wrap up the Great War and the War for Westerns in 8 episodes.  I feel like with Cersi lying, it elongates the storyline unless somehow that particular strategy is nipped in the butt before its executed which seems impossible considering the dragon blasting through the wall and the Army of the Dead south of the Wall.  It seems like they're going to have to solve a lot of conflict in a short period of time.  Unless of course Bran finally steps up and stops being the most worthless yet most powerful person alive all at the same time.

6.   Just 6 next year

31 minutes ago, section314 said:

Don't forget the prophecy that the Witch in the forest gave to Cersei when she was a young girl.  1)  She will have 3 children, all of whom will die. Check   2) She will be replaced by a younger, more beautiful woman. Sansa or Dany?  3) She will be killed by a younger sibling. Remember, Jaime stated a throw away line in an episode in season 6, when He said that Cersei was born a few minutes before him.  

She will be killed by the little brother.   She always assumed that meant Tyrion.   Could be Jaime.  

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Great scene. With how the character of Cersei has developed, though, as a ruthless liar and killer, don't you think that was just BS? Tyring to get sympathy from the Starks to cover up the fact that Bran is in that condition because of Jamie and her?

I actually think she felt that way about her son.   At the time, she didn't hate Robert yet, and she has shown to love her children.   I don't think she cared about the Stark boy, but she was torn up about her own.

Funniest thing I have ever seen Sophie Turner do.

6 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

I hate to say it bro but I don't think you are far off at all as far as D&D and the mirroring, lack of cleverness (and flat out balls of steel) that took it above anything seen on tv and pushed the envelope, and I don't think it's a product of feeling spoiled. There has been a very real shift in overall... (philosophy?? what's the damn word O'm looking for)... direction or whatever. It's really almost a different thing now. They are, from what we know, clearly out of that fanfackintastic dialogue and masterfully intertwined situations etc, and have employed a mix of cliche Hollywood gutless moves and plot armor that doesn't jive at all with the full picture that's made it so special... They are also veering off of what the actual CHARACTER may do/act in many ways and instead, taking other liberties (changing fundamental psychologies that have been developed) in order to simply showcase the actors' acting chops... This is why you see so many long stares lately and very little dialogue... which ironically, may kind of help them since they CLEARLY have no imagination or talent to follow up GRRM and the way he had these characters speak, act, etc. D&D literally elude to this in post show extras... it's bizarre and kind of sad. I could go into this at serious length but I'd rather just hit you with a youtube link of someone who broke all this sh*t down and REALLY goes into detail and it really opened my eyes to a lot of things, but left me feeling like these guys are just some mindless trustafarian chodes who have their favorite pet actors and have shifted gears to try and show off how great they can make an emotional face.. or an angry glare... at the expense of where the story would actually be going. Apparently there was supposed to be a COMPLETELY different ending to Battle Of THe Bastards for instance... The director spoke about it... Such a damn shame they (D&D) basically ruined the hell out of it for the most ridiculous of reasons, all equating to, they are a couple of filthy rich douches who have no idea how things actually WORK on a set or in general. Ugh. Basically it bummed me out but I wasn't surprised... I could always tell they seem like total pretentious douches with too much money and no common sense about the real world. Basically, they RUINED Dorne because they liked the actress who Played Elaria and wanted her to be in a real palace instead of a set... to help her feel immersed to bring out her anger... and in doing so, being warned by every expert that what they wanted to do was impossible with the alotted time, ignored them... And absolutely BUTCHERED Dorne.  One of many examples. 

Having said that, I loved the hell out of the season and they still got me hyped AF. I thought the final one was kick ass and enjoyed most all of the season minus that stupid ass greyworm wast of valuable time to appease some social BS... ugh. But I'm sure the last season is going to be epic. Just glad those 2 are only gonna be involved with 6 more eps. 

They will not be involved with any of the spinoffs which is music to my ears. I don't wanna call them hacks.... but... eh... ya know 

Great post, but hard to read.

Cause.... Bamn!

But I totally agree.   No one can write GoT like GRRM, and the further they go beyond him, the more nuance is out.   It's still amazing, but different now.   The subtle characters are out, Littlefinger, Varys, and as you said, Tyrion has been marginalized.

• Upvote 1

Tyrion making "I have ball" jokes was good.

Jaime showing up and being stared down by Bran was good.  

Khaleesi having to admit to Sam that she killed his father and brother was really good.  

Sansa telling Tyrion "I thought you were the cleverest man I ever met" was also a good scene.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Yep, posted this in the other thread, but really enjoyed:

Really enjoyed Sam's scenes. The guy is a very good actor.
The entire Tormund scene was fun.
Bronn: “that ******* family!”
Tyrion: “because I have balls” 

"He has blue eyes!!'

"I've always had blue eyes!!"

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, Integrity28 said:

The writing has broken down, so I wouldn’t be surprised. Not sure why Tywin would ever reveal it. Maybe he suspects but doesnt know, but making it known helps Tyrion. I can see it happening. The convo between Varys, Tyrion and Davos about being old and nothing lasting was foreshadowing I suspect.

Honestly, this episode was boring. Viewers already knew Jon was Aegon. Why devote a whole episode to jim finding out. 

Night King must be a Targaryen too. If he can ride a dragon.

The writing is worse because they have passed George RR.   He helped a lot early on, and it showed.   They only have a vague outline to go by, I don't think he is very invovled, and the show is not as good because of it.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:59 AM, whodeawhodat said:

great point with arya's list.... Cersi is def getting offed by her....

Would still rather have Cersi, than any of the people you mentioned above.  Sansa learned at the hands of Cersi, not from her tutelage like Cersi did from her father.  Sansa's father had her playing with dolls and then she was joffreys play thing to torture.  Littlefinger def did coach her as well.  

My prediction:

Jon Snow(Aegon Targareon VI?) rides the lone remaining dragon at the end of it all and is the ruler of the 7 kingdoms

Cersi killed by Arya

Jamie- survives and bends the knee to Jon and rules kings landing

Tyrion becomes hand to Jon

Mother of dragons dies along with her dragon in the battle against the whitewalkers

Sansa marries Jon and is Queen.

^^^There you have it. Enjoy the last 5 episodes.

Cersei killed by Jamie.

Sansa is warden on the north.

Dany dies.

12 minutes ago, cbudiarjo said:

when the show runners started this project 10+ years ago there were 4 books written, with the 5th book about to come out. 

Pretty sure the plan was that by the time seasons 1-5 were done, book 6 would have been out, and by now 7 would be out or close.  

Their job was so put a wealth of book material to the screen.  since season 5 their job has become to put an outline of 2 books to the screen. 

I blame GRRM for taking too long.

Totally.    In the last 11 years, he has come out with one book in the series, that had hundred of pages devoted to the Iron Born, and another character who isn't even in the show.    I think George got himself in a corner, and can't get himself out, and now is too old to want to.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I’d actually have both Jaime and Brienne as 50:50 with one of them certain.

I would be more convinced that Jaime would live but everyone seems convinced that Arya will kill Cersei for some bizarre reason.

I think Gendry is ****ed and I’d have Sam as pretty certain to love.

I think Jaime kills Cersei, so he had to live that long.

I think dany dies. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont think I realized or remember the Mountain was on her list...why was he, what he do?  He wasnt part of the throne at that point, I dont recall.  Just a gnarly dude who came into town for the fair.  I remember when she said the Hound, that one night before they fell asleep...dont think I remember the brother. 

He caught and tortured her and her friends.  Tywin actually pulled her out of there

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

The things I really like about Blackwater that really made it realistic was this Green explosive substance that nobody can explain floating in the water that took out half of Stannis fleet by a simple shot of a fire arrow.  It was than very realistic when he took half of his broken army to storm the castle.  Both realistic and wise military decisions.

What I really found great about the Wall fight and what really made it realistic was how these dudes with ice picks climbed an ice wall the size of the Empire State Building and as long as the great wall of China.  And then the realism doubled down when all of a sudden a bunch of Giants started to join the fight and men the size of their fingers took them out.

So, you didn't like the realism of a substance called "Wildfire" that needs magic to help create it, and that no one had been able to make until the dragons came back.

Then, you didn't like the realism of climbing an ice wall 500 feet tall, nor the realism of Giants.   Gotcha.

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

You must not be following, I appreciate how all that was realistic.  What I dont appreciate is how a calvary of crazy fighters didnt flank an army of dead people, giants and dragons after their swords were lit on fire by a lady who once released her vagina spirit to kill a "King".

Fair enough.

Bad decision.   I have 2 things in defense.   #1, it's a TV show.   #2, the Dothraki have no experience fighting a hoard like that, they had no idea how large the hoard was, they couldn't really see the hoard, and in their past, they have always fought ( and won) by charging ahead, shock and awe, and utterly destroying their enemy.  

It's similar, they wouldn't know how to siege a castle, but would race around it and utterly destroy the country side around the castle.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Bro, I'm kidding.  I'm mocking the dudes knocking the show because the Dorthaki didnt use strategy to attack the army of the dead.

It's early, and I'm slow

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2019 at 2:59 PM, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I got screamed at pretty hard elsewhere. Like, book reader GoT people will power-punch the sh*t out of you online if you step on the canon.

Well, they showed the White Walkers being made during the war between the Forest People and the 1st men, so they are very old.  I really thought Bran was going to be the White King.

I loved last nights episode.   Varys having something to say for the 1st time in 2 years, Dany starting to get real pissed, nice death for Worm's girlfriend, Dragon death.

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

My last beef was the near character assassination of Jon last night.  Yes, he was a total puppy dog with Ygritte but I can respect that because she was...well...crazy hot and she was his first love.  But after that, to see his wishy washy reaction to Dany trying to use the power of her feminine parts to get him to lie to his family was pathetic.  He really isn't acting like king material.  Sansa really has become the best of the bunch for that.

On to the good stuff.  Glad to see Jamie heading down to KL for the end game.  As much as it feels like he's going there to right his wrongs (i.e. kill his sister-wife) that would seem to go against the prophecy Cersei heard that a younger, more beautiful queen would cast her down.  Lots to speculate on regarding that.  Also, I really, really hope that Arya and the Hound have more to do because they are now my favorite characters on the show.  Total badasses with little moral compass and no sh-ts to give.  Loads of potential!

Jon did tell his family though.   I agree, Sansa is the best leader of the bunch, the best politician.   Don't forget, people supposidly loved King Robert, he was a war hero, but a terrible king.   Jon wouldn't be as bad, but he lacks the finesse for the role as king.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The food and drink in the great hall for the lords and royals, I get. However when Gendry walked out in search of Arya and we saw all of the common folks also feasting and drunk, my mind immediately went to: two weeks ago they didn’t have food and drink, yet they were sustaining thousands more humans which would have depleted their reserves. Meanwhile on the other side of the realm Cersei is ensuring that her enemies lose, which probably meant she’s keeping all food and drink from reaching Winterfell. HOW IN THE HELL IS EVERYONE EATING AND DRINKING IN WINTERFELL!!!!

And then when I saw all of the scorpions on every boat and on top of the gates, I was kept wondering who’s building all of this for them and having it all installed if all of men are either fighting for Man in Winterfell or peasants in Kings Landing.

Well, there are a lot less people to feed then there was 3 episodes ago, and most of them are leaving to go south.

They also very rapidly cut down a forest to bury all their dead, and HOW DID THEY GET A GIANT ZOMBIE DRAGON OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF WINTERFELL?  

I have less of a problem with building tons of scorpions then how they built the entire Iron Fleet so fast.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One of the continuing elements of this whole deal is that the Stark moral compass has no place in Westeros and always leads them to certain death. Every one of them. I think that’s why Sansa and Arya are constantly alluding to them being new and improved after all the sh*t they’ve gone through. Neither of them have Ned’s dopey adherence to right and wrong. I can’t remember, but didn’t Catelyn always breaks Ned’s balls about being naive? 

Ned didn't want to go be the hand of the King, Catelyn was the one who thought it was a good idea.

As they said, the Starks don't do well when they head south.   Rob had a great rebellion going, which HE destroyed by breaking a promise, and marrying a girl he liked and knew for a month rather than the person he was promised to marry.   Ned tried to be nice and warn Cersei that he knew who her kids were, and consequently started a war.   If he told Robert directly, none of this happens.

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company