prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

If you’re thinking of themes and whatnot, the show is rapidly returning to its roots by eliminating all the supernatural crap and getting back to basic human  treachery, which is nice. There’s only one zombie left and one dragon, and both are pretty much ticketed for doom. Hopefully it comes down to who cons who down the stretch. Could be fun, and hopefully Euron is taken out next week. 

Well, this is unfortunate, but Starbucks will love it:

5A0E3BEB-D842-409B-A5D5-1B0A5357F073.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m excited to see how Cersei dies next week and how the Jon-Dany story ends in the final episode.

Hot predictions, completely wrong. Don’t read if you don’t like incorrect fake spoilers 

Zombie Clegane mortally wounds Hound but...

Arya kills Zombie Clegane (echoes of fight with Oberyn)

Jaquen H’gar appears to confront Arya for stealing a life from the Red God or some sh*t because ZC isn’t technically alive. 

Arya kills H’gar, becomes the Faceless ninja master Pai Mei

Tyrion cooks Iron Fleet with green sh*t a la Blackwater. 

Yara kills a fleeing Euron 

Jaime murder/suicides Cersei by dragging both out window like Tommen

Jon kills manic Dany

Jon has dragon melt Iron Throne, declares everyone to be Free Folk now because he’s a clown-ass sovereign citizen crackpot

Jon names Tyrion Lord of the South or whatever 

Tyrion gives Bronn Highgarden

Jon names Sansa Lord of the North or whatever. 

Final scene is Jon walking through snow to hang out with Tormund and his huge dog. Shadow of the dragon flying over him.

FIN

****MCU BONUS CREDIT SCENES****

Brienne, at Winterfell, visibly pregnant with last Lannister child. 

Arya secretly giving birth to Baratheon child. Hound and Gendry look on. 

Flash to King’s Landing, Varys informing Tyrion of said babies, Tyrion does a shot of Jameson 

Dead dragon lying at bottom of the ocean outside Dragonstone, eyes open and they’re blue. 

Bran gets up out of wheelchair, starts hobbling down sidewalk, but we notice his lame feet gets less and less disabled until he’s walking just fine. Camera pans to his face where he slaps on a pair of Ray Bans, lights a cigarette, and gets into a wagon driven by Samwell Tarley

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

t's great and I'm thankful we're here but it begs the question to be asked; why were the Dragons such a central theme in this show for so long, to have such little significance? 

Imo, similar to the underlying theme of The Walking Dead, Martin gives us a world where there are these catastrophic entities—zombie armies! Endless winters! Dragons!—and still the biggest piece of sh*t existential threat to the universe is stupid humans. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

First time I was really disappointed in the writing.  Let's start with the improbability of a first shot, from a boat, with wind, being a direct hit on a fast-moving, elevated target.  Pretty much zero there.  Now let's add in the fact that those shots should take several seconds at least to reach the dragons.  How, pray tell, did the dragons and Dany not see an entire fleet of ships in the time it took the ships to see the dragons, aim a ballista and fire it perfectly?  I know it's fantasy, but the non-magical elements should all make sense and this just didn't.  It was lazy writing to whittle down the forces of the North.  We are so close to the end of the series and it's such a shame to see them using weak plot devices to set the stage.  This is the first time I really felt like they have gone off the GRRM rails because I don't think he would have written it this badly.  Shame....Shame....Shame.

Like with Tormund and Sam, if they were writing them off anyway, why not just kill Rhaegal last week? Everyone thought he was dead anyway. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Jon did tell his family though.   I agree, Sansa is the best leader of the bunch, the best politician.   Don't forget, people supposidly loved King Robert, he was a war hero, but a terrible king.   Jon wouldn't be as bad, but he lacks the finesse for the role as king.

One of the continuing elements of this whole deal is that the Stark moral compass has no place in Westeros and always leads them to certain death. Every one of them. I think that’s why Sansa and Arya are constantly alluding to them being new and improved after all the sh*t they’ve gone through. Neither of them have Ned’s dopey adherence to right and wrong. I can’t remember, but didn’t Catelyn always breaks Ned’s balls about being naive? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I had the same thought during the preview.  What could be surprising in the sky like that?  Still, Rhaegal took a spear to the head.  It literally seemed to blow his head apart.  Not sure how they'd explain it but they seem to be okay with sloppy writing now so maybe...

Nevermin. Already mentioned 

34 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I had the same thought during the preview.  What could be surprising in the sky like that?  Still, Rhaegal took a spear to the head.  It literally seemed to blow his head apart.  Not sure how they'd explain it but they seem to be okay with sloppy writing now so maybe...

ACTUALLY, one spear through the chest, one through a wing, and the last one through the neck, a few feet back from the head. 2:50 mark.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ugh, wish you wouldnt have posted this again.  lol  That might be the worst sequence this show has produced.  2 shots, hit identical spots, the next one, perfectly though his neck (the smallest area for them to hit) and then they miss Dany with 1, and then 12 and then should could have easily taken out the entire fleet but nah.

Oh man, that was sooooo bad.  Everything Euron on is in, is just legit awful.  It's like the second his face appears, everything is cheapened. 

All I know is, if they bring that dragon out from the water without giving us some balls to the walls explanation for it, then that'll be super weak. But, they probably wouldn't put a flagrant tease about it in the previews if it was just gonna be "surprise! That dragon never really died!" The ice dragon also went into the water before it was resurrected, so maybe there'll be a similar plot device with this one, and not just some bullsh*t where it simply survived two death blows. 

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

That said, seems like a let down.  There has to be more and it has to included Bran.  How his power has been so underutilized at this stage is insane.  I dont get it. 

This is so problematic. I mean, they have a resource that sees the past and the future and they treat him like a lawn ornament. Even Tyrion, whose whole deal is "knowing things," was like, sup Bran, how's things, totes jelly of you, okthxbye.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

How long can the thing survive underwater?  Does it have gills?  It has to be dead.

Who the hell knows? fwiw, they're teasing episode five as the biggest episode ever. Here's your fave Danaerys, for one:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27340040/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-bigger-than-battle-of-winterfell-the-long-night-emilia-Clarke/

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hey Bran - I'm thinking about storming King's Landing.  Any advice?

Hey Bran - I'm a little nervous Dany going crazy.  Mind checking that out?

Hey Bran - did you know that Euron was going to shoot down a Dragon?  Mind a little heads up next time?

Hey Bran - did you see Missandie getting decapitated or were you watching a different more important even that day? 

To be fair, every Bran reponse has been "sh*t happens. sh*t will happen. I don't give a sh*t."

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I don’t think there’s a successful way to work a character like this in to anything.  The character is problematic.  Truthfully, you need him, Arya, and no one else.  Anyone who knows the future would generally be unstoppable.

Good point. I kinda respect the fact that they're not going Full Gandalf with Bran, wherein he's am omniscient character who just waves a wand and bails everyone out

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't understand why you jagaloons are bitching about this one. The 3-eyed Raven dudes stay out of this sh*t. They exist to be memories and nothing else. Both incarnations in the show have explained this clearly.

THATS WHAT I JUST SAID DOUG

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You idiots are turning into this endless time loop of Dante and Randall debating about contractors that got needlessly killed on the Death Star. Or the guys who buy convention stand pizza at ComicCon and get into screaming matches about who changes the tires on the Batmobile. It's a ******* fictional story! Nobody changes the tires!

I am now pondering both of these things. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Because he’s a good villain in a fun story that has a history of good villains. Not much more to it than that. Nor does there need to be. 

Is it possible for a person to heel hook himself? 

29 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

danny needs to go. she sucks as the mother of dragons. lost two already. no one respects her. she is power hungry and is losing it.  shes basically a slighty nicer cersi at this point.  hope the mother of dragons gets killed on mothers day.  also im betting we get mountain vs hound next episode.  now im hoping jamie or one of the starks get the throne

Danaerys went to sh*t when she hooked up with that Jon Snow loser. 

Might be spoiler-y, but these are promo pics  from E5 that HBO put out. I’m not sure, but isn’t that the room with the Iron Throne Grey Worm and Tyrion are standing in, or is that Dragonstone? Interesting 

EA8E51D7-99EB-4BC8-800A-80FB94997038.png

5 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Nah... he was just a dick. 

He was a pragmatist but not a sadist. The scenes where Tywin and Lady Olenna discuss the burdens of parenting and leadership in the modern age were some of the most compelling parts of the whole series. This, here, is the ultimate Tywin Lannister scene where he reveals his grand philosophy. The show desperately misses this kind of discourse and, especially, acting excellence:

• Post of the Week 1

So, it was ******* gorgeous and incredibly visual. Set pieces were amazing. What sucked is that the deaths were wholly unsatisfying and none of it was clever or interesting on an intellectual or symbolic level. It was pure balls to the walls action movie schlock from the LOTR universe. Cersei deserved a better end. That Euron-Jamie matchup was like something out of Rocky 4, and the decision to turn Jon Snow into a pacifist, brain-dead mush is weak and he’s impossible to root for. Arya choosing to walk away at that point—after all this— was so ******* sexist and cliche that I wanted to puke. Still, gorgeous to watch. 

• Upvote 1

Still annoyed by Arya, after killing the Night King, saying “You’re right, Mr. Clegane! I sure would like to give up all this nastiness and go be a housewife.” My god. She’s literally at the foot of the stairs where she can compete her mission and it’s like, “never mind, gotta go get supper on for Gendry!” WTF

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Agree with every last word of this.  While in the middle of watching the episode, here is the question that popped into my mind that I'm definitely curious of what others think:

At this point, do we think Martin has simply not even figured out yet what he plans to put in the remaining books (assuming they ever come)?  Or he has outright refused to give HBO anything but a vague direction for a small handful of major plot points?

Because regardless of anyone's personal opinions on the positives/negatives of this season's episodes, one thing that is blatantly obvious is that he has next to nothing to do with any of it.

I think Martin is just really rich and doesn’t give a sh*t anymore. Dude’s banks and will continue to bank generational wealth and never lift another fat little finger again.

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Clegane-bowl sucked.

I think Cleganebowl was always going to underwhelm simply because it was just gonna be two huge dudes brawling, which limited what they could do. They could have gone the hardcore route and given them a psycho twenty minute, multi-venue fight like an homage to The Quiet Man, or they could have gone for “poignant” and had the Hound, before their fight, perform a soliloquy about how long he’s wanted to kill the brother, but now he’s here and he’s tired, etc etc. Would have been a nice contrast with the carnage going on outside the walls. But, no.

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Kinda nuts that they never thought to bring you on as a writer. 

I could have saved this and also The Dark Knight trilogy 

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The last half hour there was one single thing that needed to happen.  With one two-word line, they could have set up next episode perfectly and rescued the sh-tshow that this season has become.

Arya needed to whisper two words...."Danaerys Targaeryan".  New kill list.  One person.

But no...that was too much for them.  Seven brilliant seasons and it's like they turned from Nick Mangold into Wesley Johnson in one off-season.  

If you believe the white horse at the end was warging-Bran, then that’s kind of the stand-in for the scene you’re mentioning 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s like what Joe Piscapo said in A Bronx Tale: “The saddest thing in life is not covering every single possible plot hole on a fantasy fiction television show.”

I don’t worry about plot holes. I’m a walking plot hole. And it’s “Piscopo.” How did you go to Rutgers and not know the proper spelling of New Jersey icon Joe Piscopo? 

9 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Arya turning back would have been pretty good if she hadn't already devolved into what Sandor's telling her to run from. This is a girl who murdered people, carved up their corpses and baked them into pies for revenge. Now she sees the light? LMAO. Also if Bran wasn't warging that horse then just get the **** out of here.

This is the part that bothers me most. And then she says, “Sandor...thank you”? What the **** was that? 

• Upvote 1

Not all of us the natural talents of a scribe such as yourself, or the budding novelists that comprise this palaver. 

😂 efffff youuuuuuu

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I guess I'm in the minority but everything has made sense to me just fine. I think the majority of the audience turned into what happened to Star Wars and comic book movie people; they define what the thing is supposed to be along the way, and if anything deviates from that definition along the way, the viewer winds up defaulting to watching everything with scrutiny from then on. The ability to enjoy it completely goes out the window and in 2019 it seems like the primary reason for watching comes to be so you can complain about it on the Internet after the fact.

That and what seems to be the ongoing theme is that most GoT viewers, which is pretty much everyone at this point, came to view themselves as a Shakespearean audience, forgetting that George RR Martin is not Shakespeare. He's not even Tolkien. If you want King Lear, read King Lear; but Martin's writing is sh*t too. We're essentially talking about Tom Clancy books as if they're comparable to Roberto Bolano. This show was always about dragons burning sh*t and quite frankly I'm glad it is.

All of this can be true, and it pretty much is, but in this case, the audience has invested eight years of their lives into this franchise and I think it’s ok to apply a high standard toward the payoff. I’m an overly critical douchebag so I always have to consciously dial back my expectations of these things, and I think some of the critiques have been too harsh. In this instance, however, I think we can all be grateful for what they’ve tried to do with this project and still wish elements of it were handled with more care down the stretch. We’ve watched some of these characters grow up, and now we’re watching them die. It’s ok to have a visceral response to the means by which they’re leaving the stage. 

Copy and paste this into any reaction to every popular show that ever ended except maybe Breaking Bad. David Chase got it right in hindsight. There is no satisfying people, best to black everything out and let armchair quarterbacks figure it out for themselves, essentially saying: “If you think you can do a better job, here’s your chance.”

I was definitely thinking of The Sopranos last night after watching that, and how pissed everyone was about it at the time. I’d imagine if I wrote a show that became a phenomenon like GoT, I’d probably be upset if a portion of the viewership didn’t freak out as it got closer to the end. Think of some shows that were huge for three seasons that people just gave up on altogether, like The Walking Dead. Ultimately, I think we’ll all remember GoT as being great, regardless of the sniping about the close 

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Here's my unpopular opinion: D&D are getting blamed for GRRM's situation. I love the man but he created too many threads to ever bring it in for a soft landing. 

There is this blind faith among the book readers that GRRM's writing would have made it all better, but what if he didn't? There are plenty of 10 book series that suck by the end. What if what we are seeing in season 8 is a multi-person effort to land the Spruce Goose of plotlines? What if it's not HBO's fault what if the end was always going to be a car crash? 

I think it’s exceedingly possible that GRRM got crazy wealthy and lost the thread. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company