Jump to content
prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

I thought that was a mis carriage.

Not in the show:

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I didn't read the books so I don't know the technicalities with the exact prophecy there.  In the show, I believe she asks how many children she will have "with the king" and the witch tells her that the king will have many but she will only have three.  In the show the witch doesn't tell her she would be strangled by the "valanqor", that's only in the books.

Here's the thing though.  Even with the prophecy, the show doesn't actually follow it. 

Even though technically Joffrey, Marcella and Tommen were not the king's children, it was pretty clear that's who the witch was referring to, because she also says something about having gold crowns (which I always interpreted to mean golden hair).  But, in the show (not sure about the books) Cersei did have one child that was actually Robert's.  Way back in season 1 when Cersei is still in Winterfell, after Bran has been pushed, Cersei talks to Catelyn and tells her the story about her first child with Robert (black hair) that died of a fever shortly after birth.

So even in the show, Cersei has already had 4 children...if she is indeed pregnant, this will be her 5th child.

Pretty sure it was miscarriage she told Cat about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, section314 said:

The real heir to the throne is Gendry, not Dany, Jon or even Tyrion. As Robert's son, he is next in line. Think the clue that they gave was in this last episode, when Tyrion said to Dany  after she gave him his title  "He will now be loyal to you forever." Her response..."you are not the only clever one." What would she need Gendrty's loyalty for?

I guess that all depends on your point of view.  From Dany's point of view, Gendry has no claim even if he was a true-born son of Robert.

Dany's whole point is that the throne was wrongfully taken from her family, so only a Targaryen would have a true right to the throne.

It is my understanding (a book reader will have to confirm) that when Aegon conquered Westeros hundreds of years before the show, there was no one ruler of the seven kingdoms.  All of the different areas of Westeros were independent and under separate rule.  When Aegon conquered them all, he united them under one throne.  So, in Dany's mind, the Seven Kingdoms together as one relm can only belong to a Targaryen.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, section314 said:

The real heir to the throne is Gendry, not Dany, Jon or even Tyrion. As Robert's son, he is next in line. Think the clue that they gave was in this last episode, when Tyrion said to Dany  after she gave him his title  "He will now be loyal to you forever." Her response..."you are not the only clever one." What would she need Gendry's loyalty for?

Because she currently has no one loyal to her? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Not in the show:

 

Well nothing makes any sense to me anymore now!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I guess that all depends on your point of view.  From Dany's point of view, Gendry has no claim even if he was a true-born son of Robert.

Dany's whole point is that the throne was wrongfully taken from her family, so only a Targaryen would have a true right to the throne.

It is my understanding (a book reader will have to confirm) that when Aegon conquered Westeros hundreds of years before the show, there was no one ruler of the seven kingdoms.  All of the different areas of Westeros were independent and under separate rule.  When Aegon conquered them all, he united them under one throne.  So, in Dany's mind, the Seven Kingdoms together as one relm can only belong to a Targaryen.

 

Good point, but even still, she is still #2 in line, behind Jon. Maybe even Tyrion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

danny needs to go. she sucks as the mother of dragons. lost two already. no one respects her. she is power hungry and is losing it.  shes basically a slighty nicer cersi at this point.  hope the mother of dragons gets killed on mothers day.  also im betting we get mountain vs hound next episode.  now im hoping jamie or one of the starks get the throne

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

danny needs to go. she sucks as the mother of dragons. lost two already. no one respects her. she is power hungry and is losing it.  shes basically a slighty nicer cersi at this point.  hope the mother of dragons gets killed on mothers day.  also im betting we get mountain vs hound next episode.  now im hoping jamie or one of the starks get the throne

I don't know for sure whether or not Dany will survive through the end of the show, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she dies, possibly this weekend since for most seasons all of the "big" things happen the next to last episode.

I have an educated guess as to why I think this, but won't repeat it here so as to not potentially spoil things that haven't been on the show yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

danny needs to go. she sucks as the mother of dragons. lost two already. no one respects her. she is power hungry and is losing it.  shes basically a slighty nicer cersi at this point.  hope the mother of dragons gets killed on mothers day.  also im betting we get mountain vs hound next episode.  now im hoping jamie or one of the starks get the throne

Danaerys went to sh*t when she hooked up with that Jon Snow loser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JiF said:

Not familiar...

The Office after Michael Scott. Around end of season 8.

Without Steve Carrell the show was just okay. Then they bring her in and it becomes instantly unwatchable. Not sure how many episodes she lasts. Easily the lowest point and worst character in any show I’ve ever cared about.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The Office after Michael Scott. Around end of season 8.

Without Steve Carrell the show was just okay. Then they bring her in and it becomes instantly unwatchable. Not sure how many episodes she lasts. Easily the lowest point and worst character in any show I’ve ever cared about.

as much as i like james spader, robert california was the worst character on that show.  those episodes were awful.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Danaerys went to sh*t when she hooked up with that Jon Snow loser. 

yea think she has sucked for a while.  also  i just rewatched how did that varys swim to shore? that dude does not look like he knows how to swim.   tyrion , jamie, arya, and bronn are the ones i want to survive. everyone else can go.  hopefully the writers have the balls to kill off some of the biggies (jon, danny,sansa, etc)  it will be hilarious and i would love to see the world react if euron wins the throne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

as much as i like james spader, robert california was the worst character on that show.  those episodes were awful.

She's worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I guess that all depends on your point of view.  From Dany's point of view, Gendry has no claim even if he was a true-born son of Robert.

Dany's whole point is that the throne was wrongfully taken from her family, so only a Targaryen would have a true right to the throne.

It is my understanding (a book reader will have to confirm) that when Aegon conquered Westeros hundreds of years before the show, there was no one ruler of the seven kingdoms.  All of the different areas of Westeros were independent and under separate rule.  When Aegon conquered them all, he united them under one throne.  So, in Dany's mind, the Seven Kingdoms together as one relm can only belong to a Targaryen.

 

Correct.   He unified them all.

The north was the last, and the Starks kind of rediculed the last King of the North, calling him the "King that knelt".  His defense was, "They showed up with 3 freaking dragons, I could kneel, or they could burn everything within 500 miles."

A lot of the show is point of view.   There are no real "Good guys".   A few truly evil, but mainly point of view.   I have always said, Tywin would have been the best ruler.   He was ruthless, so no one challenged him.  He was a great leader and manager, the land would have prospered.  Everything he did was to protect his family, no different than what Arya and Sansa are doing now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I don't know for sure whether or not Dany will survive through the end of the show, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she dies, possibly this weekend since for most seasons all of the "big" things happen the next to last episode.

I have an educated guess as to why I think this, but won't repeat it here so as to not potentially spoil things that haven't been on the show yet.

 

I think she dies in the final episode.  I would not be shocked if Arya kills her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Correct.   He unified them all.

The north was the last, and the Starks kind of rediculed the last King of the North, calling him the "King that knelt".  His defense was, "They showed up with 3 freaking dragons, I could kneel, or they could burn everything within 500 miles."

A lot of the show is point of view.   There are no real "Good guys".   A few truly evil, but mainly point of view.   I have always said, Tywin would have been the best ruler.   He was ruthless, so no one challenged him.  He was a great leader and manager, the land would have prospered.  Everything he did was to protect his family, no different than what Arya and Sansa are doing now.

The interesting thing about House Lannister not covered in the show is that they were essentially a pauper House when Tywin took over, despite being the Wardens of the West and Lords of Casterly Rock. His father blew all of their money and was a joke. Tywin rebuilt House Lannister into a powerhouse single handedly. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

A lot of the show is point of view.   There are no real "Good guys".   A few truly evil, but mainly point of view.   I have always said, Tywin would have been the best ruler.   He was ruthless, so no one challenged him.  He was a great leader and manager, the land would have prospered.  Everything he did was to protect his family, no different than what Arya and Sansa are doing now.

This is maybe the thing I have always enjoyed most about the show. No true heroes, but definitely a few true villains. And when the show wants to create the latter, they really go after it. Joffrey, Ramsay, Euron...when they go after it, they are ruthless.

Then the borderline ones, Aliser, Roose, even the High Sparrow, you could always understand where they were coming from.

I really never considered Tywin an antagonist. Jamie maybe, Cersei probably, but Tywin always had a Ned Start-esque quality about him. Difference obviously being he refused to buy into Ned's naivety, but I'm not so sure that makes him a villain.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The Office after Michael Scott. Around end of season 8.

Without Steve Carrell the show was just okay. Then they bring her in and it becomes instantly unwatchable. Not sure how many episodes she lasts. Easily the lowest point and worst character in any show I’ve ever cared about.

Which was too bad because Robert California was pretty funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is maybe the thing I have always enjoyed most about the show. No true heroes, but definitely a few true villains. And when when the show wants to create the latter, they really go after it. Joffrey, Ramsay, Euron...when they go after it, they are ruthless.

Then the borderline ones, Aliser, Roose, even the High Sparrow, you could always understand where they were coming from.

I really never considered Tywin an antagonist. Jamie maybe, Cersei probably, but Tywin always had a Ned Start-esque quality about him. Difference obviously being he refused to buy into Ned's naivety, but I'm not so sure that makes him a villain.

Tywin wasn't so much a villain as he was just a huge dick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Correct.   He unified them all.

The north was the last, and the Starks kind of rediculed the last King of the North, calling him the "King that knelt".  His defense was, "They showed up with 3 freaking dragons, I could kneel, or they could burn everything within 500 miles."

A lot of the show is point of view.   There are no real "Good guys".   A few truly evil, but mainly point of view.   I have always said, Tywin would have been the best ruler.   He was ruthless, so no one challenged him.  He was a great leader and manager, the land would have prospered.  Everything he did was to protect his family, no different than what Arya and Sansa are doing now.

Was he? His own son killed him. Doesn't sound like a great ruler to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Tywin wasn't so much a villain as he was just a huge dick. 

Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I always interpreted his dickishness as more of a necessity than his actual personality, because his children and grandchildren and other family members were constantly acting like morons. Had Cersei been the person then that she is now he probably would backed off.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Tywin wasn't so much a villain as he was just a huge dick. 

You're thinking of Podrick Payne aka Pod the Rod 

he brings the Payne 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The interesting thing about House Lannister not covered in the show is that they were essentially a pauper House when Tywin took over, despite being the Wardens of the West and Lords of Casterly Rock. His father blew all of their money and was a joke. Tywin rebuilt House Lannister into a powerhouse single handedly. 

Talk about a spinoff.  I could watch that dude act for hours.  

Trials and Tribulations of Building House Lannister; The Tywin Lannister story.

Sign me up! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Tywin wasn't so much a villain as he was just a huge dick. 

And it's kind of his fault for raising his kids like a bunch of millenials. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The Office after Michael Scott. Around end of season 8.

Without Steve Carrell the show was just okay. Then they bring her in and it becomes instantly unwatchable. Not sure how many episodes she lasts. Easily the lowest point and worst character in any show I’ve ever cared about.

Agreed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chirorob said:

I think she dies in the final episode.  I would not be shocked if Arya kills her.

Sansa and Arya were cold-blooded with Littlefinger. I could see them making this play.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I always interpreted his dickishness as more of a necessity than his actual personality, because his children and grandchildren and other family members were constantly acting like morons. Had Cersei been the person then that she is now he probably would backed off.

That is true.   He also grew up with everyone laughing at his family and his father, who was a weak man.  He took over, and transformed his house into a power.   He was also the hand of the king to the Mad King for a long time, and basically ran the kingdom. 

He said, in the show, he did things always to enhance the family, keep the family strong.  By being ruthless, no one would oppose him, so in the long run he actually would do less fighting, and less lives would be lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is maybe the thing I have always enjoyed most about the show. No true heroes, but definitely a few true villains. And when the show wants to create the latter, they really go after it. Joffrey, Ramsay, Euron...when they go after it, they are ruthless.

Then the borderline ones, Aliser, Roose, even the High Sparrow, you could always understand where they were coming from.

I really never considered Tywin an antagonist. Jamie maybe, Cersei probably, but Tywin always had a Ned Start-esque quality about him. Difference obviously being he refused to buy into Ned's naivety, but I'm not so sure that makes him a villain.

Roose was ruthless, but he was loyal to Rob Stark until Rob started acting like an idiot, going back on his word, and marrying someone after being promised to someone else.  That was why the North lost, and why house Frey turned on them.

High Sparrow was a religious zealot who took offense to his Queen having illegitimate kids with her twin brother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Was he? His own son killed him. Doesn't sound like a great ruler to me. 

What is your definition of a great ruler?

If he ran the kingdom, the debt would be repaid, there would be peace among the houses, and general safety for the people.  I never said he was a good father, or that he wasn't a hypocrit when it came to Tyrion's whore.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What is your definition of a great ruler?

If he ran the kingdom, the debt would be repaid, there would be peace among the houses, and general safety for the people.  I never said he was a good father, or that he wasn't a hypocrit when it came to Tyrion's whore.

Would people ‘run thru walls’ for him? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Would people ‘run thru walls’ for him? 

He does not have the "intangibles"

He does have the money to hire people to throw people thru walls.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Sansa and Arya were cold-blooded with Littlefinger. I could see them making this play.

Arya to Dany:

Hundreds of years ago my ancestors bent to knee to your ancestors and their dragons.

I am not my ancestors.

I am "no one".

And you have no dragons.  (Assuming Drogon goes down at some point too)

-Needle through the eye- 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

What is your definition of a great ruler?

If he ran the kingdom, the debt would be repaid, there would be peace among the houses, and general safety for the people.  I never said he was a good father, or that he wasn't a hypocrit when it came to Tyrion's whore.

SHE HAD A NAME, ROB!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

SHE HAD A NAME, ROB!!

Spell it without google.

Since I can't, I label her.    Cause I'm a dirty, horrible man who stinks with names.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

What is your definition of a great ruler?

If he ran the kingdom, the debt would be repaid, there would be peace among the houses, and general safety for the people.  I never said he was a good father, or that he wasn't a hypocrit when it came to Tyrion's whore.

There would be peace among the houses because he'd kill anyone who disagreed with him. That's not leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...