Jump to content
prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

He does not have the "intangibles"

He does have the money to hire people to throw people thru walls.

I hope so because he's got a noodle arm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I always interpreted his dickishness as more of a necessity than his actual personality, because his children and grandchildren and other family members were constantly acting like morons. Had Cersei been the person then that she is now he probably would backed off.

Nah... he was just a dick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Roose was ruthless, but he was loyal to Rob Stark until Rob started acting like an idiot, going back on his word, and marrying someone after being promised to someone else.  That was why the North lost, and why house Frey turned on them.

High Sparrow was a religious zealot who took offense to his Queen having illegitimate kids with her twin brother. 

Sure, but he's living in a world where all political and cultural ambitions are rooted in gratuitous violence too. So there's a basis for him believing religious goals should be couched in the same norms.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Sure, but he's living in a world where all political and cultural ambitions are rooted in gratuitous violence too. So there's a basis for him believing religious goals should be couched in the same norms.

Oh, I totally agree with what you were saying.   Now, after he started getting some power, I'm sure he liked it and wanted more.   He also probably believed that his rule would be the best thing for the people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Spell it without google.

Since I can't, I label her.    Cause I'm a dirty, horrible man who stinks with names.  

Shae, as in: Shae would have taken all of my money.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Shae, as in: Shae would have taken all of my money.

You are truly, a better man than me.

She was an excellent character. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be spoiler-y, but these are promo pics  from E5 that HBO put out. I’m not sure, but isn’t that the room with the Iron Throne Grey Worm and Tyrion are standing in, or is that Dragonstone? Interesting 

EA8E51D7-99EB-4BC8-800A-80FB94997038.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Nah... he was just a dick. 

He was a pragmatist but not a sadist. The scenes where Tywin and Lady Olenna discuss the burdens of parenting and leadership in the modern age were some of the most compelling parts of the whole series. This, here, is the ultimate Tywin Lannister scene where he reveals his grand philosophy. The show desperately misses this kind of discourse and, especially, acting excellence:

 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was a pragmatist but not a sadist. The scenes where Tywin and Lady Olenna discuss the burdens of parenting and leadership in the modern age were some of the most compelling parts of the whole series. This, here, is the ultimate Tywin Lannister scene where he reveals his grand philosophy. The show desperately misses this kind of discourse and, especially, acting excellence:

 

The arc with him and Arya was Tywin at his best. Those that earned his respect always got it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Great scenes and another place where Tywin was the hero-ish when he intervened to stop the torture of prisoners, including Arya, to put them to work. The show really lost it’s center axis when he died. Tywin really tied the room together 

There is a scene or two during that arc where he’s cursing out other Lannisters for doing bad work. I think he had a real Teddy Roosevelt vibe to him and that’s why viewers, especially dudes, dug him so much. Ned too, now that I think about it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Might be spoiler-y, but these are promo pics  from E5 that HBO put out. I’m not sure, but isn’t that the room with the Iron Throne Grey Worm and Tyrion are standing in, or is that Dragonstone? Interesting 

EA8E51D7-99EB-4BC8-800A-80FB94997038.png

That's Dragonstone. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There is a scene or two during that arc where he’s cursing out other Lannisters for doing bad work. I think he had a real Teddy Roosevelt vibe to him and that’s why viewers, especially dudes, dug him so much. Ned too, now that I think about it. 

You see him in the deleted scene fishing, getting his own dinner.   Or after he went hunting, talking to Jaime while skinning the animal he took down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47MazYDnmaU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

You see him in the deleted scene fishing, getting his own dinner.   Or after he went hunting, talking to Jaime while skinning the animal he took down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47MazYDnmaU

I always loved that scene where he's skinning the deer. In hindsight a Lannister butchering a stag (Baratheon) was some awesome foreshadowing.

I remember an interview with Charles Dance from a while back where he explained that the deer was real and that he did that all in one take, despite having no experience and only being told how to do it by a butcher on set. Afterwards the cast and crew feasted on venison.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I always loved that scene where he's skinning the deer. In hindsight a Lannister butchering a stag (Baratheon) was some awesome foreshadowing.

I remember an interview with Charles Dance from a while back where he explained that the deer was real and that he did that all in one take, despite having no experience and only being told how to do it by a butcher on set. Afterwards the cast and crew feasted on venison.

Yeah, he did it all in 1 take, after being shown for literally a few minutes how to do it.   That guy is an amazing actor, there are no bad scenes with him.  

Tywin and Arya were great, Tywin putting his pyscho grand king to bed was great.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when Dany lined up her entire army and dragon right outside the wall to negotiate with Cersei, why didn’t Cersei just rain arrows and giant bolts all over them? The dragon was literally just sitting there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Really hoping they don't go the 'mad queen' Daenerys route.  That has not been foreshadowed enough over the course of the whole series.

 

 

Concur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Really hoping they don't go the 'mad queen' Daenerys route.  That has not been foreshadowed enough over the course of the whole series.

 

 

Well if that intro piece is any indicator, HBO does not seem to be on your side with this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Really hoping they don't go the 'mad queen' Daenerys route.  That has not been foreshadowed enough over the course of the whole series.

 

 

I hope you didn't put money on that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’ve been right all the way through this season so I’m neither too high or too low on any of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dany emo was alright. Obvious, but fun to watch.

Clegane-bowl sucked.

Cersei and Jamie death sucked. 

Euron really was the least creative thing in the shows history.

Cool that Jon has the light go on. Too late though.

Arya coming into Kings Landing on a black horse, leaving on a white horse. Promising to see her purpose change. Went there to kill, ended up trying to save. Page turned? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it was ******* gorgeous and incredibly visual. Set pieces were amazing. What sucked is that the deaths were wholly unsatisfying and none of it was clever or interesting on an intellectual or symbolic level. It was pure balls to the walls action movie schlock from the LOTR universe. Cersei deserved a better end. That Euron-Jamie matchup was like something out of Rocky 4, and the decision to turn Jon Snow into a pacifist, brain-dead mush is weak and he’s impossible to root for. Arya choosing to walk away at that point—after all this— was so ******* sexist and cliche that I wanted to puke. Still, gorgeous to watch. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, it was ******* gorgeous and incredibly visual. Set pieces were amazing. What sucked is that the deaths were wholly unsatisfying and none of it was clever or interesting on an intellectual or symbolic level. It was pure balls to the walls action movie schlock from the LOTR universe. Cersei deserved a better end. That Euron-Jamie matchup was like something out of Rocky 4, and the decision to turn Jon Snow into a pacifist, brain-dead mush is weak and he’s impossible to root for. Arya choosing to walk away at that point—after all this— was so ******* sexist and cliche that I wanted to puke. Still, gorgeous to watch. 

Agree with every last word of this.  While in the middle of watching the episode, here is the question that popped into my mind that I'm definitely curious of what others think:

At this point, do we think Martin has simply not even figured out yet what he plans to put in the remaining books (assuming they ever come)?  Or he has outright refused to give HBO anything but a vague direction for a small handful of major plot points?

Because regardless of anyone's personal opinions on the positives/negatives of this season's episodes, one thing that is blatantly obvious is that he has next to nothing to do with any of it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still annoyed by Arya, after killing the Night King, saying “You’re right, Mr. Clegane! I sure would like to give up all this nastiness and go be a housewife.” My god. She’s literally at the foot of the stairs where she can compete her mission and it’s like, “never mind, gotta go get supper on for Gendry!” WTF

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Agree with every last word of this.  While in the middle of watching the episode, here is the question that popped into my mind that I'm definitely curious of what others think:

At this point, do we think Martin has simply not even figured out yet what he plans to put in the remaining books (assuming they ever come)?  Or he has outright refused to give HBO anything but a vague direction for a small handful of major plot points?

Because regardless of anyone's personal opinions on the positives/negatives of this season's episodes, one thing that is blatantly obvious is that he has next to nothing to do with any of it.

I think Martin is just really rich and doesn’t give a sh*t anymore. Dude’s banks and will continue to bank generational wealth and never lift another fat little finger again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think Martin is just really rich and doesn’t give a sh*t anymore. Dude’s banks and will continue to bank generational wealth and never lift another fat little finger again.

Friggin' Jets fans.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...