GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

just cause a dude purchased a black belt on the internet doesn't make them a black belt. Those videos are trash, but thanks for bringing them up. Uber troll

The thing about BJJ that I hate is everyone going to their back. who thinks like that? 

there's a fight breaking out you know what, **** it let's try missionary position.  

Kim Stanley Robinson is awesome I prefer his Shaman type stuff to 2140 

That’s not really the logic behind the guard but yeah sure keep believing in a martial art that’s claim to fame is Steven Seagal movies.

MA is pretty simple. The sh*t that trained killers do is the sh*t that works. The early UFC’s solved this argument dude. A really long time ago. The debate has been over and done with for a long time.

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That’s not really the logic behind the guard but yeah sure keep believing in a martial art that’s claim to fame is Steven Seagal movies.

MA is pretty simple. The sh*t that trained killers do is the sh*t that works. The early UFC’s solved this argument dude. A really long time ago. The debate has been over and done with for a long time.

It should be noted the only part of Aikido you respect (the wrist locks) are nullified by MMA wrist wraps and gloves. talk about "real" is everyone leaving the house wearing wrist wraps now? 

we have different definitions of the word "works" 

here's a real life example: 

a kid gets suspended for fighting (NJ zero tolerance) but her mom goes to the principal and says "my child studies a non-fighting art, look it up." Dead eyed, long-nailed school administrator goes to wikipedia... and only one kid gets suspended that day. If Aikido was on FX Sports people breaking each other arms all day, that outcome doesn't happen. 

again the idea of what "works" depends on the point of doing it

i'm doing it cause it's ridiculously difficult, yet somehow easier than my day job.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It should be noted the only part of Aikido you respect (the wrist locks) are nullified by MMA wrist wraps and gloves. talk about "real" is everyone leaving the house wearing wrist wraps now? 

we have different definitions of the word "works" 

here's a real life example: 

a kid gets suspended for fighting (NJ zero tolerance) but her mom goes to the principal and says "my child studies a non-fighting art, look it up." Dead eyed, long-nailed school administrator goes to wikipedia... and only one kid gets suspended that day. If Aikido was on FX Sports people breaking each other arms all day, that outcome doesn't happen. 

again the idea of what "works" depends on the point of doing it

i'm doing it cause it's ridiculously difficult, yet somehow easier than my day job.  

If it’s such a nonviolent art how come we viciously killed this thread? 

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 2:22 PM, bitonti said:

The thing about BJJ that I hate is everyone going to their back. who thinks like that? 

there's a fight breaking out you know what, **** it let's try missionary position.  

Muhammad Ali versus Antonio Inoki says hi. 

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

So the dragon instinctively knew Snow was a Targaryen and he's not allowed to kill relatives?

Last season was an anti-climactic sh-tshow.

"Brann the Broken"?  Kind of insulting, eh?  Why not just call him Lord Wheels.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So how many of those finishes do you think HBO is going to desperately try to push into a spinoff?

"Hey... so Arya heading west, huh?  Sounds great, right guys?  Right?!?"

Puberty was brutal to Maisie Williams’ face so what’s west of Westeros is her crawling back to Westeros in two years

I thought it was great.  

Once again Game of Thrones surprises you and gives you something you did not expect.....a happy ending. 

Just about every character we cared about got what they wanted and what they were destined to become. 

Jon - a return to the “Night’s Watch”where he always wanted to be. 

Sansa - the queen she always wanted to be. 

Arya - the adventurer free from the confines of being a “lady”

Tyrion - the hand of a worthy ruler

Bron - a cutthroat lord

Tourmond - back into the real north, leading his free folk

Pod - a Knight

Brieanne - A Knight of the Kings Guard 

Sam - the archmaester

Bran - the ruler he was groomed to become since the first 15 minutes of episode 1

Even Jamie, in his death, got the recognition and honor he always wanted and came to deserve. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I thought it was great.  

Once again Game of Thrones surprises you and gives you something you did not expect.....a happy ending. 

Just about every character we cared about got what they wanted and what they were destined to become. 

Bron - a cutthroat lord

Pod - a Knight

Sam - the archmaester

Bran - the ruler he was groomed to become since the first 15 minutes of episode 1

Even Jamie, in his death, got the recognition and honor he always wanted and came to deserve. 

The Dragon-His lifeless mom in his clutches

25 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I thought it was great.  

Bron - a cutthroat lord

Pod - a Knight

Sam - the archmaester

And it ended the way it began, with people coming out of castle black and heading north. The first episode, the first experience with the white walkers and the horror of what is to come. Last night, heading into a free and peaceful world. Simple, but brilliant.

• Post of the Week 1