prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

100%.  When you consider the amount of time spent viewing the series (in some cases twice) you want to feel rewarded for the commitment. 

Make no mistake about it, this is still on the greatest shows ever created IMO.  I just think what made it great has long been forgotten and when it was time to rush the ending, they took liberties on the plot lines, got lazy with some characters and it's been a bit of let down.  I dont think they did themselves any favors by making the audience wait 2 years as well.  I think that is a HUGE factor.   You build up one of the greatest stories ever told, filled with mystery to how it ends, you want the finale to feel fulfilling and to a large degree, they've failed.  I enjoyed the battle of Winterfell, it was fun as sh*t.  Last night, was fun, it was visually stunning.  Storywise, it was just a bit of a let down.  

I was joking with someone last year that GRRM is a sadist and he’s going to go out of his way to torture every viewer and reader at the end by, like, letting Cersei win or something. I don’t think anyone is going to get the end they want, and if it ends up with Jon Snow as King of the World—which is the Disney ending of this story—then, weak

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It feels exactly the same to me. 

This is crazy talk. 

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You're close. I don't think money is important to a man who dresses like grrm. But he started his series as a moderately successful author and ended it (TBD) as the greatest author of our generation.

Pressure can be poison to a man whose greatest ambition in life is to find the perfect bowl of green chile

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

I don’t think GRRM feels pressure, nor do I think he cares about money. I think he’s checked out because writing is excruciatingly difficult work and few people can do it when they can just go out and buy a Ferrari instead. Happens to artists all the time. 

• Upvote 3

Here’s an amazing thread/discussion about GoT and the process behind it: 

• Upvote 4

So, does anyone see a viable path by which tonight's episode isn't a soul crushing disappointment?

• Haha 1

Like watching Jordan play out the string with the Wizards. Best to just remember the good times and forget the damage that Benioff and Weiss wrought at the end. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Ok I guess. Nothing great. Just typical closure. B? 

Everything about it was perfunctory. Like they ran through a list of uninspired bullet points just to get it over with 

• Upvote 3

Protest this abuse by not seeing the Star Wars hackery these two sh*tbags will puke out in two years. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

So the dragon instinctively knew Snow was a Targaryen and he's not allowed to kill relatives?

Last season was an anti-climactic sh-tshow.

"Brann the Broken"?  Kind of insulting, eh?  Why not just call him Lord Wheels.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So how many of those finishes do you think HBO is going to desperately try to push into a spinoff?

"Hey... so Arya heading west, huh?  Sounds great, right guys?  Right?!?"

Puberty was brutal to Maisie Williams’ face so what’s west of Westeros is her crawling back to Westeros in two years

Pretty fitting that the last episode included a  labored speech from Tyrion about storytelling, followed by them arbitrarily deciding the most two-dimensional character of the last three seasons gets to win for no real reason/,

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Oh and did anyone else get all, like wtf was the white horse about when Arya appeared still in Kings Landing, just hanging out checking out the aftermath?

WTF was the point of that scene? 

I think there were a bunch of things they planned on including about Bran (being the horse, where was he warged to during the Night King attack, etc), and Benioff/Weiss just said “**** it, we’ll just give Tyrion this absolutely idiotic speech about stories and that’ll be the justification for this cardboard character nobody cares about becoming king. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, seriously... part of me thinks Tyrion was full of crap, chose Bran because nobody would vote against an wheel chair king, to save his own ass with manipulation... Bran knows it and thus appoints him hand to make him do all the work, while he wargs into critters that can sneak into the girl’s room so he can fap.

We can stop doing this, you know. There was nothing behind Door 2. It was all brainless in the end 

So, here’s a hypothetical. It’s two years from now. George finishes his book and the book ending is actually amazing and George does a bunch of interviews where expresses great regret about ceding so much control of the series to Benioff and Weiss who, at this point, have put out a Star Wars movie that has a 36 meta score on Rotten tomatoes. And what say George says he’s got the funding to do an epic remake of Season Eight using this book, but minus Benioff and Weiss. And all the actors, who will be generally floundering at this point, express extreme interest in that paycheck. Who would say no to this project? 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company