GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

That’s who I thought, too.Had most legitimate claim.

It's not about who had the best claim to the throne. 

Saying that is completely missing the point of the end. The throne shouldn't go to someone just because of who their father is, it should go to the best possible person. That's why they decided to do away with the concept of having a birthright to the throne. 

Did you even watch the episode?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

It's not about who had the best claim to the throne. 

Saying that is completely missing the point of the end. The throne shouldn't go to someone just because of who their father is, it should go to the best possible person. That's why they decided to do away with the concept of having a birthright to the throne. 

Did you even watch the episode?

I said it two weeks ago after the episode Last of The Starks way before the decision from last night. Yes,I get the concept and did watch the episode.

3 hours ago, section314 said:

That’s who I thought, too.Had most legitimate claim.

Yep. Would've been a great way for the show to come full circle, too. I really didn't see king Bran coming. It's a complete character 180, going from being a person/ Three-Eyed Raven who doesn't want for anything anymore, let alone power of being King, to readily accepting the Throne, i.e "why do you think I came all this way".

Just another case of what the writers wanted to happen, and where their writing was going, not being on the same page. Lazy.

We did office predictions on Friday.  I nailed it (not saying much) right down to the cutscene.  Only things I missed, I thought Bran would get awarded the throne and make Sansa queen (I've been calling her the winner for years now).  I legit called the last scene would be Snow walking off into the north.  The only thing I predicted wrong, is we'd see like blue eyes appear in the dark. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

this is where the story goes south 

you can't have a monarchy held by a queenslayer. it shows disrespect for the office

this isn't Rome 

Well, he did screw her 1st, and she was his aunt.   That makes a good story right there.

(again, maybe Rome)

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Oh and did anyone else get all, like wtf was the white horse about when Arya appeared still in Kings Landing, just hanging out checking out the aftermath?

WTF was the point of that scene? 

I think there were a bunch of things they planned on including about Bran (being the horse, where was he warged to during the Night King attack, etc), and Benioff/Weiss just said “**** it, we’ll just give Tyrion this absolutely idiotic speech about stories and that’ll be the justification for this cardboard character nobody cares about becoming king. 

• Upvote 2

lol, seriously... part of me thinks Tyrion was full of crap, chose Bran because nobody would vote against an wheel chair king, to save his own ass with manipulation... Bran knows it and thus appoints him hand to make him do all the work, while he wargs into critters that can sneak into the girl’s room so he can fap.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Oh and did anyone else get all, like wtf was the white horse about when Arya appeared still in Kings Landing, just hanging out checking out the aftermath?

You never called in a Uber horse before, bro?

Lol, no really, the writers realized they wrote themselves into a bind and knew Arya needed to get out of the city alive and spawned in a mount for her.

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, seriously... part of me thinks Tyrion was full of crap, chose Bran because nobody would vote against an wheel chair king, to save his own ass with manipulation... Bran knows it and thus appoints him hand to make him do all the work, while he wargs into critters that can sneak into the girl’s room so he can fap.

We can stop doing this, you know. There was nothing behind Door 2. It was all brainless in the end 

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When Drogon melted the throne, I legit thought they were gonna go in the direction of: "you know, this thing that everyone lusts after isn't worth the millions of lives lost it's caused over the years, so we're gonna get rid of it and let the 7 kingdoms rule independently from now on." That would have been a creative twist.

And too bad there weren't any major non-white characters in Westeros to be, you know, not considered for the throne... or any position on the council. Just saying.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think there were a bunch of things they planned on including about Bran (being the horse, where was he warged to during the Night King attack, etc), and Benioff/Weiss just said “**** it, we’ll just give Tyrion this absolutely idiotic speech about stories and that’ll be the justification for this cardboard character nobody cares about becoming king. 

She rode the white horse for 2 blocks in Kings Landing.  Suddenly got bored, so decided to get off and just started walking around looking at sh*t again and then snuck up on Jon Snow to say some deep sh*t she thought about during her mystical horse back riding.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

So, here’s a hypothetical. It’s two years from now. George finishes his book and the book ending is actually amazing and George does a bunch of interviews where expresses great regret about ceding so much control of the series to Benioff and Weiss who, at this point, have put out a Star Wars movie that has a 36 meta score on Rotten tomatoes. And what say George says he’s got the funding to do an epic remake of Season Eight using this book, but minus Benioff and Weiss. And all the actors, who will be generally floundering at this point, express extreme interest in that paycheck. Who would say no to this project? 

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

read the replies

haahahahaha this is amazing and it's funny because I few of them I pointed out to my fiance when we were talking about it after.  Mainly; 

"me trying to figure out the reason for the nights watch" - I was literally putting my hands palms up in the air looking at her when Tyrion explained his "sentence" like; didnt the ice dragon destroy the wall?  They killed the white walkers.  The wildlings are free.  What are they watching?  . 

Then you see Greyworm get on a boat for another continent, right?  So I asked...."how would he ever know if Snow stayed on the Nights Watch and even if he didnt, what's he going to do a worlds away?  Take a voyage back to westeros because "justice" wasnt served if he actually got word?  Then what?"

Shortly after that conversation I said to her, "why was Jon being a Targeryan even slightly important to this story?"  It legit played no role in the show other than giving an excuse for the lack of affectionate chemistry between Snow and Dany and a reason for Jon to ride a dragon.

Then I asked her, do you think it was intentional  that dragon just burned down an entire city, woman, children, man, animals, buildings, etc. but was in fact, the most intelligent and compassionate character on the show because he knew to destroy the real villain of westeros, the Iron Throne! even after his mother was murdered?  Though I guess that might have been how Snow being Targeryan was relevant...the dragon didnt kill him because he was a Targaryen.  

Either way, that was terrible.  That council scene might as well have been one of those shows on real housewives where they all get together and share they're feelings while recapping the season.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, here’s a hypothetical. It’s two years from now. George finishes his book and the book ending is actually amazing and George does a bunch of interviews where expresses great regret about ceding so much control of the series to Benioff and Weiss who, at this point, have put out a Star Wars movie that has a 36 meta score on Rotten tomatoes. And what say George says he’s got the funding to do an epic remake of Season Eight using this book, but minus Benioff and Weiss. And all the actors, who will be generally floundering at this point, express extreme interest in that paycheck. Who would say no to this project? 

There is no way the cast doesnt realize the finish to this show was comical.  Like, all time historical debacles.  Seriously.  I just cant imagine a scenario where they all walked away after filming, like, oh yeah we nailed the landing.  It was an unmitigated disaster. 

And I agree, all but like maybe Jamie, Cersie, Sansa and Tyrion pull any legitimate gigs after this show.  So yes, they all come back. 

Predicted to my wife: Dany will execute Tyrion the same way she did Varys, he won’t burn, and that’s how they’ll reveal Tyrion as a Targaeryan. 
Nope. Too creative I guess.

Considering he burned himself in season one playing the candle game with Shay, I’d say that’d be a sh*tload more careless than creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, JiF said:

i thought just to show how she was back to being herself, not some nameless assassin.  she was reborn in the ash and rode out on a white horse.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

the problem is the story is too big to finish.  part of GRRM's motiviation for writing ASOIF was to write something that couldn't possibly be put to film.  along the way, the producers had to cut so much from the story, that the ending would be impossible.  they just wanted to finish it ASAP.  they rushed it on purpose.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JiF said:

There is no way the cast doesnt realize the finish to this show was comical.  Like, all time historical debacles.  Seriously.  I just cant imagine a scenario where they all walked away after filming, like, oh yeah we nailed the landing.  It was an unmitigated disaster. 

And I agree, all but like maybe Jamie, Cersie, Sansa and Tyrion pull any legitimate gigs after this show.  So yes, they all come back. 

I think they’re like professional athletes and don’t really care about winning as much as fans do. 

I think they made their money, don’t really care about the end product and after the season is over just want to go home and play golf. 

8-9 years living all over the globe for half a year doing this show might grind on you. It’s like the Walking Dead, after living 1/2 the year in hot steamy Georgia some of the main characters just say ‘enough’.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Benioff and Weiss who, at this point, have put out a Star Wars movie that has a 36 meta score on Rotten tomatoes.

How does Disney see this season and feel comfortable with handing these clowns the Star Wars franchise. 

I got two words for you Disney: RUSSO BROTHERS! 

Use your ******* heads. 

39 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

How does Disney see this season and feel comfortable with handing these clowns the Star Wars franchise. 

well lets see

GoT is a billion dollar franchise and HBO got their highest ratings for any show, ever 

the source material ran out years ago and unlike Sopranos, they actually filmed an ending 

It's like if you're in an airplane and the pilot passed out at the controls (i'm serious and don't call me Shirley), and these 2 dbags D&D somehow landed a plane on fire. they aren't geniuses by any means but 

they did it (*which was more than high priced genius GRRM could do*) and everyone involved printed money.  

In hollywood terms these guys are like heroes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

well lets see

GoT is a billion dollar franchise and HBO got their highest ratings for any show, ever 

the source material ran out years ago and unlike Sopranos, they actually filmed an ending 

It's like if you're in an airplane and the pilot passed out at the controls (i'm serious and don't call me Shirley), and these 2 dbags D&D somehow landed a plane on fire. they aren't geniuses by any means but 

they did it (*which was more than high priced genius GRRM could do*) and everyone involved printed money.  

In hollywood terms these guys are like heroes.

Yeah.... cause we need to see Starbucks cups just sitting on the console of the millennium falcon....

How much more money have the Russos made Disney than D&D have made HBO?

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This would result in GOT: The Movie

I'd love to see it

11 hours ago, JiF said:

all but like maybe Jamie, Cersie, Sansa and Tyrion pull any legitimate gigs after this show.  So yes, they all come back. 

this is the part of the ending most people just breeze right by 

even if Maisie Williams doesn't have any legitimate gigs she spent 10 years playing Arya. She grew from a little girl to a woman in this one role.

people don't want to play the same roles forever. Galaxy Quest aside