Jump to content
prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Recommended Posts

Wow, last night.

Can not believe that Rickon got turned over to Ramsey, or that his Dire Wolf is dead.   That REALLY threw me.  How can I hate and love a show so much?  Just, wow.

Really, really good episode.  Seeing all the old Stark Banner Men turning on the Starks.  Flashback to Ned getting to the tower, a 7-2 fight that the 2 guys almost.... win.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am digging this season a lot. I felt season 5 dragged so much and was quite boring, they've really come back with a vengeance. A looooooooot of major sh*t going down over the past 3 episodes.

Happy to see Jon moving on. Him leaving threw me for a bit of a loop, as I had already had my heart set on Ramsey and Sansa arriving at the wall at the same time to find Jon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2016 at 10:44 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

The scene between Tyrion, Rhaegal, and Viserion was top 5 all time GoT good. 

Anytime Dinklage is in a scene, it somehow automatically becomes my favorite scene of the episode. It's no wonder some of my other favorite scenes of the series are also centered around him: the literal game of thrones in season 3 episode 3; the court scene; the scene with joffery at the battle of blackwater...

I'm the help. Please don't eat the help.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Wow, last night.

Can not believe that Rickon got turned over to Ramsey, or that his Dire Wolf is dead.   That REALLY threw me.  How can I hate and love a show so much?  Just, wow.

Really, really good episode.  Seeing all the old Stark Banner Men turning on the Starks.  Flashback to Ned getting to the tower, a 7-2 fight that the 2 guys almost.... win.  

RIP Rickon. 

I can't envision any scenario where he lives through this. But seeing that he has been absent for a fairly long time, if he does get killed off I would expect it might be later this season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Total cocktease of an episode. 

-ToJ scene was epic. R+L = J is finally about to be proven.  Sir Arthur Dayne, worthy of his prestige

- Cleganebowl is happening

- Bastardbowl is happening

- Jon Snow with the most epic mic drop ever 

- Varys will be undone by his little birds

sh*tty we're gonna have to wait two weeks to see the ToJ scene most likely. Also, Bran possibly the "wind" that whispered to Jon to find the wolves?  Pretty epic episode. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm the help. Please don't eat the help.

I drink, and I know things. It's what I do. I love that man 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I drink, and I know things. It's what I do. I love that man 

Him and Varys taking their talents to Mereen is the bomb. I hope they don't split them up ever again. They are too good a pair.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also by far the best part of the show now is that they've strayed from the books. Now the book idiots can't spoil sh*t for the rest of us with their LOOK I'VE READ THE BOOKS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN nonsense. Spoiling everything for everyone just to show off they read something in print. The scourge of the Internet, these people.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also by far the best part of the show now is that they've strayed from the books. Now the book idiots can't spoil sh*t for the rest of us with their LOOK I'VE READ THE BOOKS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN nonsense. Spoiling everything for everyone just to show off they read something in print. The scourge of the Internet, these people.

I HATE THOSE LITERATE BASTARDS!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

RIP Rickon. 

I can't envision any scenario where he lives through this. But seeing that he has been absent for a fairly long time, if he does get killed off I would expect it might be later this season. 

I think he lives.

Maybe Jon Snow takes an army of wildlings and a Giant down, or sneaks in, or something.

Where is Little Finger?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I think he lives.

Maybe Jon Snow takes an army of wildlings and a Giant down, or sneaks in, or something.

Where is Little Finger?!?!

Based on the preview for next weeks he finally makes an appearance, it looks like he's in the Erie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

RIP Rickon. 

I can't envision any scenario where he lives through this. But seeing that he has been absent for a fairly long time, if he does get killed off I would expect it might be later this season. 

Rick's Direwolf being burnt alive.....sad face emojis EVERYWHERE. 

I don't know that I can handle another Ramsay torture sesh; although the dude that plays Ramsay might be the best actor on the entire show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Found this really cool map & recap of Robert Baratheon's rebellion; really helps to fill in the gaps on anything you might have missed

(Imgur gallery)

http://imgur.com/a/jfhjD

 

 

Finally got some time to check this out...awesome stuff. Thanks for the post!

 

Also - how sick would it have been if Tyrion somehow managed to get Missandei and Grey Worm to play a westeros/meereen version of Kings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody buy into the internet theory that Missandei and Greyworm are behind the rebellion in Mereen?

I'm excited for some Clegane vs. Clegane.

What else? Justice done to Arthur Dayne, who was badass in the 30 seconds of screentime....Rickon and Osha seem pretty ****ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2016 at 11:44 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

The scene between Tyrion, Rhaegal, and Viserion was top 5 all time GoT good. 

Anytime Dinklage is in a scene, it somehow automatically becomes my favorite scene of the episode. It's no wonder some of my other favorite scenes of the series are also centered around him: the literal game of thrones in season 3 episode 3; the court scene; the scene with joffery at the battle of blackwater...

I just watched a 20 minute youtube video of his best lines and it only went up to season 3.  He's the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also by far the best part of the show now is that they've strayed from the books. Now the book idiots can't spoil sh*t for the rest of us with their LOOK I'VE READ THE BOOKS YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN nonsense. Spoiling everything for everyone just to show off they read something in print. The scourge of the Internet, these people.

I've read the books and still completely agree with it being much better off that the show has strayed.  With a combination of A Feast for Crows mostly being a useless pile of crap, and the show writers wanting to (justifiably) ignore a bunch of that stuff, yet still desperately trying to cling onto "hey, it's like the books, we promise!" was definitely what led to a mediocre last season with some things just being painfully forced.  The show seems to be much better off having some general guidelines about the big story, and then being able to take it from there themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Anybody buy into the internet theory that Missandei and Greyworm are behind the rebellion in Mereen?

I'm excited for some Clegane vs. Clegane.

What else? Justice done to Arthur Dayne, who was badass in the 30 seconds of screentime....Rickon and Osha seem pretty ****ed.

No.   Missandei and Greyworm owe everything to her.  It'd make a good twist, but I don't think so.  Of course, i'm wrong a lot.

Rickon and Osha are.  I think she dies, he escapes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This season rocks. The Jon/Sansa reunion hit me right in the feels.

Pretty amazing, isn't it the first time they have been on screen together since season 1? Long time coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This season rocks. The Jon/Sansa reunion hit me right in the feels.

Sansa has some balls now ; she wants to attack everyone !!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, no psls said:

Sansa has some balls now ; she wants to attack everyone !!!!!!!!!!

They've done such a good job of growing characters.

I was watching season 1 again.  I forgot what an amazing a$$hole Jamie was, how smug.   How naive Sansa was.  All of it.   This season has been fabulous, Khaleesi acting like a queen for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years.  

I was thinking, if Jon and Ramsay go at it, what will the show do next.  "Oh yeah, the freaking white walkers".  Jon + Littlefinger vs Boltons

Then (my thinking) after Jon and Littlefinger win, Littlefinger wants to solidify the north and marry Sansa, making him Lord of the North.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

They've done such a good job of growing characters.

I was watching season 1 again.  I forgot what an amazing a$$hole Jamie was, how smug.   How naive Sansa was.  All of it.   This season has been fabulous, Khaleesi acting like a queen for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years.  

I was thinking, if Jon and Ramsay go at it, what will the show do next.  "Oh yeah, the freaking white walkers".  Jon + Littlefinger vs Boltons

Then (my thinking) after Jon and Littlefinger win, Littlefinger wants to solidify the north and marry Sansa, making him Lord of the North.

Amazing the transformation from Season 1 to how much I hated him to how much I like him now, after all he's been through. 

My wife was never into the show,so I finally convinced her to give it a chance. I agreed that I would rewatch every single episode with her. Frankly its been easier for her because I can help her with people, places, names and storylines as we go through it, because there is just so much to take in at first. 

It has been a wild ride all over again just seeing her reaction to everything that has happened. She has taken to the show much more than I ever thought she would; we have been powering through episodes like crazy this past month. We started sometime in late april and we're halfway through Season 5. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Pretty amazing, isn't it the first time they have been on screen together since season 1? Long time coming. 

I don't think they actually even had a scene together save for Robert's arrival in episode 1. Jon leaves for the wall in episode 2 if I remember correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

Amazing the transformation from Season 1 to how much I hated him to how much I like him now, after all he's been through. 

My wife was never into the show, so I finally convinced her to give it a chance. I agreed that I would rewatch every single episode with her. Frankly its been easier for her because I can help her with people, places, names and storylines as we go through it, because there is just so much to take in at first. 

It has been a wild ride all over again just seeing her reaction to everything that has happened. She has taken to the show much more than I ever thought she would; we have been powering through episodes like crazy this past month. We started sometime in late april and we're halfway through Season 5. 

 

Having someone to help in the beginning is good, there are so many characters. 

I was someone who read the books, and I'm so bad with names, I had an awful time keeping people straight.  I was always flipping back and forth, at least with the faces I'm a little better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think they actually even had a scene together save for Robert's arrival in episode 1. Jon leaves for the wall in episode 2 if I remember correctly. 

Was it that early?   It was early in 1.  1st episode really had a lot.  Ned kills the runaway from the Night's Watch, Robert arrives, they find the dire wolves, you see the Lannister's "together", and Jaime tries to kill a kid.

Oh, and there's a dwarf in a brothel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Was it that early?   It was early in 1.  1st episode really had a lot.  Ned kills the runaway from the Night's Watch, Robert arrives, they find the dire wolves, you see the Lannister's "together", and Jaime tries to kill a kid.

Oh, and there's a dwarf in a brothel.

Yup. Ned's brother tries to talk him out of it in 1 and then Jon's off in the next episode with Tyrion. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This season rocks. The Jon/Sansa reunion hit me right in the feels.

Jon/Sansa reunion was awesome.

Dany (and according to the internet, it was really her - no body double) actually having a legit reason to be in an episode for the first time all season: finally!! And YAAAAAS.

Tyrion brokering diplomacy in a land that knows no such thing, and then having to explain it to the two people he had on his side....amazing. 

Ramsay doing Ramsay things.....again, he's probably the best actor on the series, because I hate him more than anyone. Even more than Jof.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think they actually even had a scene together save for Robert's arrival in episode 1. Jon leaves for the wall in episode 2 if I remember correctly. 

I watched in on HBOGo, and they have like 5 minutes after the next episode's previews where they get the writers to comment on the three most important scenes (according to them) of each episode. On that, the writers said that it was the first time they had ever been on screen together.

If I recall correctly, even during Robert's arrival, Jon was probably not lined up with the rest of them, cuz you know...bastard status and such. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I watched in on HBOGo, and they have like 5 minutes after the next episode's previews where they get the writers to comment on the three most important scenes (according to them) of each episode. On that, the writers said that it was the first time they had ever been on screen together.

If I recall correctly, even during Robert's arrival, Jon was probably not lined up with the rest of them, cuz you know...bastard status and such. 

It's interesting, every now and then the show reminds you that everything stems from the events in that first episode, literally everything. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Fishooked said:

Amazing the transformation from Season 1 to how much I hated him to how much I like him now, after all he's been through. 

My wife was never into the show,so I finally convinced her to give it a chance. I agreed that I would rewatch every single episode with her. Frankly its been easier for her because I can help her with people, places, names and storylines as we go through it, because there is just so much to take in at first. 

It has been a wild ride all over again just seeing her reaction to everything that has happened. She has taken to the show much more than I ever thought she would; we have been powering through episodes like crazy this past month. We started sometime in late april and we're halfway through Season 5. 

 

Man, my fiance and I both love the show, and even then we're both so excited to rewatch every single episode together from the start. 

Both of us binged (separately) to get on track before the start of season 5, so we both are extremely hazy on the first 4 seasons...watching it was like a blur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Man, my fiance and I both love the show, and even then we're both so excited to rewatch every single episode together from the start. 

Both of us binged (separately) to get on track before the start of season 5, so we both are extremely hazy on the first 4 seasons...watching it was like a blur. 

We did the same up through the first three seasons a few years back. Stopped right before the red wedding episode because it was late and she got tired, after she went to bed I couldn't help myself and watched, when I climbed into bed an hour later I couldn't sleep from being so hyped up. She still won't let me forget that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We did the same up through the first three seasons a few years back. Stopped right before the red wedding episode because it was late and she got tired, after she went to bed I couldn't help myself and watched, when I climbed into bed an hour later I couldn't sleep from being so hyped up. She still won't let me forget that one.

My wife has a habit of nodding off (like, a lot) - and she has done this numerous times during some of the more important and jaw-dropping episodes -it was really annoying - she did this when:

-Ned Stark got beheaded

-Jamie gets his hand cut off

-The Red Wedding

-Joffrey's death

-Oberyn vs The Mountain

-Brienne vs The Hound

I'm sure there are others, those are the most notable to me. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...