GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yup. Ned's brother tries to talk him out of it in 1 and then Jon's off in the next episode with Tyrion. 

Wow. 

Wasn't really trying to argue, the episodes kind of run together.  I know what happens, but not in which episode.   Man a lot happened in the first 60 minutes of that show.

Loved Khaleesi's little speech to the Khals.   Calling them small after what her husband tried to do, and what they are doing.  Then she grabs the burning metal, and I was like "ohhhhh boy"   and the Khals were like "Ohhhhh Boy"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

They've done such a good job of growing characters.

I was watching season 1 again.  I forgot what an amazing a$$hole Jamie was, how smug.   How naive Sansa was.  All of it.   This season has been fabulous, Khaleesi acting like a queen for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years.  

I was thinking, if Jon and Ramsay go at it, what will the show do next.  "Oh yeah, the freaking white walkers".  Jon + Littlefinger vs Boltons

Then (my thinking) after Jon and Littlefinger win, Littlefinger wants to solidify the north and marry Sansa, making him Lord of the North.

The bold assumes Jon wins, and the Greyjoys stay out of it entirely. The least interesting story going right now is the High Sparrow vs. the Lannisters. The only part of that which is enjoyable is Marjorie's grandmother... that woman is just like Dinklage, absolutely owns every scene she's in.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Wow. 

Wasn't really trying to argue, the episodes kind of run together.  I know what happens, but not in which episode.   Man a lot happened in the first 60 minutes of that show.

Loved Khaleesi's little speech to the Khals.   Calling them small after what her husband tried to do, and what they are doing.  Then she grabs the burning metal, and I was like "ohhhhh boy"   and the Khals were like "Ohhhhh Boy"

Then they all ran around like a bunch of chickens in the corniest scene in the history of the show. LOL

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The bold assumes Jon wins, and the Greyjoys stay out of it entirely. The least interesting story going right now is the High Sparrow vs. the Lannisters. The only part of that which is enjoyable is Marjorie's grandmother... that woman is just like Dinklage, absolutely owns every scene she's in.

Hmmm...maybe not. I saw this theory posted about Tommen & the High Sparrow on Reddit. (copied below) 

I agree though Lady Olenna kills it in every scene. 

-------------------------

It's my belief that the High Sparrow told Tommen about the Tyrells' involvement in Joffrey's murder. Judging by the tears in his eyes when he's about to tell Cersei, it seemed to be the worst possible news. I believe it's Ser Loras who revealed this information as he seemed absolutely broken by his solitary confinement.

Immediately after Tommen tells her the news, Cersei and Jaime show up to the small council with a plan to invite the Tyrell army into King's Landing to deal with the Seven and protect Margaery from a talk of atonement. I believe this is a ruse by Cersei to draw the Tyrells into her scheme.

Why would Cersei do this? It accomplishes multiple things and is quite an ingenious move but may backfire terribly if the Tyrells are ready for it.

The Tyrells picking a fight with the Seven will create unrest among its followers/citizens of King's Landing. They will turn on and blame the Tyrells with the Lannisters "standing down." This creates a war between two of Cersei's least favorite factions: the citizens of King's Landing who treated her like garbage during her walk of atonement, and the family responsible for her son's murder. Every dead body is a win.

The Lannister army is now in perfect position to finish off the Tyrells and enact revenge for their fallen king. The dissolution of the Seven and the deaths of Loras, Margaery, Lady Olenna, and the High Sparrow would be the sprinkles on top of Cersei's revenge sundae.

This could all backfire, however, if the Tyrell army is allowed inside the walls of King's Landing, ready themselves to overtake the Lannister army, and claim the Iron Throne for themselves.

I didn't see anyone mention this theory anywhere, but it immediately came to mind after that small council scene. Will be curious to see this play out.

Edit to add: I think there are a few interesting additional tidbits, and this could solely be my confirmation bias speaking and reading too much between the lines, but it's interesting nonetheless.

1) During the conversation between the High Sparrow and Margaery about his past, he mentions a feast, drinking wine, sleeping bodies on the floor, and the endless struggle to maintain his position. Some interesting symbolism at play here.

2) When Tommen speaks with Cersei, she says that "Margaery's safety is paramount" and he immediately asks her "You don't like Margaery, do you?" almost in a way that implies "You were right about her." Then Cersei mentions that queens and kings demand respect and the High Sparrow doesn't respect them. Immediately after this is when Tommen says that he has to tell her a secret the High Sparrow told him. I read this in a way that Tommen's about to prove her wrong about the High Sparrow. Joffrey was king and the High Sparrow has gotten to the bottom of the true killer's identity. "See, ma? He does care about kings and queens!" The High Sparrow seems to be manipulating Tommen, and this information is the trump card that will keep him in Tommen's (and hopefully Cersei's) good graces.

3) During the small council scene, Jaime says "The King has been talking regularly to the High Sparrow about the queen and Ser Loras." It doesn't seem as if Tommen would be bothered by a walk of atonement from this comment. Almost like the High Sparrow has flipped Tommen to his side against his wife and brother-in-law.

4) Also during the small council scene, notice the look on Cersei's face when Lady Olenna mentions "Many will die no matter what we do. Better them than us." Cut to: smug satisfaction on Cersei's face as if to say "I hope there's many deaths, and you'll be one of them." And as someone else has pointed out, Rains of Castamere is playing in the background.

5) As /u/spurs-r-us points out, when Tommen is about to tell Cersei the secret, she holds her hand to his heart and Joffrey's ring is showing dead center in frame.

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My theory.

The Theon's sister doesn't become queen, her uncle does.   He does something that allows that white walkers better access to the north, and therefore starts the invasion.  I think the Greyjoys have learned, they can't really hold a lot of land inland.   That being said, most of my theories makes sense to me and end up being wrong.  But those boat lovers have to do something big, why else bring them in now?

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Wow. 

Oh no I get it. I usually rewatch older ones on rainy days, that's the only reason I remember. It's honestly worth it. Totally different perspective watching them in hindsight. Especially all the stuff Ned tries to pass down.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh no I get it. I usually rewatch older ones on rainy days, that's the only reason I remember. It's honestly worth it. Totally different perspective watching them in hindsight. Especially all the stuff Ned tries to pass down.

I love Ned.   I was re watching when he fought Jaime, and Jaime is supposed to be the best sword fighter going.  And there's Ned, holding his own, and you can see Jaime is a bit surprised when they lock up swords.

So many little things.  If Mama Stark doesn't take Tyrion prisoner, her family is still alive.  If Rob marries who he was supposed to, and doesn't cut of Karstock's head, his family is probably alive and in control of the North.  If Joffrey just lets Ned go to the wall, a whole war is averted.  

And.. behind it all, Littlefinger.  I love that guy.   Chaos is a ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4

15 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I love Ned.   I was re watching when he fought Jaime, and Jaime is supposed to be the best sword fighter going.  And there's Ned, holding his own, and you can see Jaime is a bit surprised when they lock up swords.

So many little things.  If Mama Stark doesn't take Tyrion prisoner, her family is still alive.  If Rob marries who he was supposed to, and doesn't cut of Karstock's head, his family is probably alive and in control of the North.  If Joffrey just lets Ned go to the wall, a whole war is averted.  

And.. behind it all, Littlefinger.  I love that guy.   Chaos is a ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n4

Been saying it for a long time. People have loathed Joffrey and Ramsay and Tywin...etc. But Littlefinger is the coldest, most ruthless dude in Westeros by a mile.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Been saying it for a long time. People have loathed Joffrey and Ramsay and Tywin...etc. But Littlefinger is the coldest, most ruthless dude in Westeros by a mile.

So many of these characters just own the screen when they are on it in this show, I cant even fathom dozing off like my wife does when we're watching lol. Littlefinger is definitely one of them for sure. 

4 hours ago, chirorob said:

They've done such a good job of growing characters.

I was watching season 1 again.  I forgot what an amazing a$$hole Jamie was, how smug.   How naive Sansa was.  All of it.   This season has been fabulous, Khaleesi acting like a queen for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years.  

I was thinking, if Jon and Ramsay go at it, what will the show do next.  "Oh yeah, the freaking white walkers".  Jon + Littlefinger vs Boltons

Then (my thinking) after Jon and Littlefinger win, Littlefinger wants to solidify the north and marry Sansa, making him Lord of the North.

I have a feeling she owns the world by the time its all said and done.  

Something is definitely up with Missandei and Grey Worm, and it is not Grey Worm IF you know what I mean (*elbow nudge for emphasis*). The first hint should have been skin color - between the treacherous ethnics of Qarth, the savages in the Dothraki, and the incompetence of Dorne, the whiteness of anyone with a decent or interesting storyline....I would love to see incestuous, racist Hollywood skull****ed into oblivion. I think that will be my book series.

I'm totally buying into the online theory that the Umbers will betray Ramsey. It's hard to believe anyone can take that guy seriously in the North. The Boltons basically became fodder the second he killed Roose, if not long before that.

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He may be the smartest, but he is the most callous.  Maybe him and Ramsey, but Ramsey likes his dogs, Littlefinger liked mama Stark, and that's it.  He has no qualms about starting a war, killing half of Westeros if it helps him gain more power.

I'd love to see him think he's taken over, and then get eaten by a dragon.

On 5/16/2016 at 11:50 AM, Fishooked said:

My wife has a habit of nodding off (like, a lot) - and she has done this numerous times during some of the more important and jaw-dropping episodes -it was really annoying - she did this when:

-Ned Stark got beheaded

-Jamie gets his hand cut off

-The Red Wedding

-Joffrey's death

-Oberyn vs The Mountain

-Brienne vs The Hound

I'm sure there are others, those are the most notable to me. 

So basically all of the best moments in the show's history.  That's hilarious.

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2016 at 8:01 PM, chirorob said:

He may be the smartest, but he is the most callous.  Maybe him and Ramsey, but Ramsey likes his dogs, Littlefinger liked mama Stark, and that's it.  He has no qualms about starting a war, killing half of Westeros if it helps him gain more power.

I'd love to see him think he's taken over, and then get eaten by a dragon.

"Littlefinger would see the realm burn if he could be king of the ashes." Varys

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, adb280z said:

So basically all of the best moments in the show's history.  That's hilarious.

LOL, yes. Also the part when Danerys emerges from the fire with the baby dragons too, forgot that one. 

And when Tyrion kills Shae and his father.....lol 

On 5/18/2016 at 3:56 AM, Fishooked said:

LOL, yes. Also the part when Danerys emerges from the fire with the baby dragons too, forgot that one. 

And when Tyrion kills Shae and his father.....lol 

She must think this show is crazy boring. 

All she sees are people talking and a dwarf in a whore house.

Been having some older episodes going on in the background during some work and there are two nice little connections that I forgot about:

- Arya's original sword instructor was from Bravos. I think so much time passed that I forgot about that.

- Theon brought Ramsay on himself. When Theon sacked Winterfell, Rob wanted to go back and recapture it, but Roose Bolton convinced him to let his bastard son go and do it for him. Didn't catch that the first time.

I dunno, it's nuts how one little thing here and there winds up reverberating throughout episodes now.

If you've got a spare few hours or more its worth going through some of the Preston Jacobs youtube vids - not the actual episode ones but the "theory" series he puts up from time to time. He's read the GRR Martin's entire oevre and there are consistent plot-lines that come up, so, for example, the "pink letter" we saw in the last episode is interesting in that its probably not actually written by Ramsey Bolton, Jacobs has read all of Martin's work extremely carefully - its very interesting where the series is actually headed in that this showdown of dragons vs "the others" or whatever probably isn't going to happen. Its also interesting to know who the others actually are and why they do what they do. Looking at these I have new-found respect for GRR Martin (he's almost a Tolstoy of fantasy writing) - its a shame in one way he's too preoccupied with the Winds of Winter to add to the 4 episodes he's written so far for the TV series.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, PLO said:

If you've got a spare few hours or more its worth going through some of the Preston Jacobs youtube vids - not the actual episode ones but the "theory" series he puts up from time to time. He's read the GRR Martin's entire oevre and there are consistent plot-lines that come up, so, for example, the "pink letter" we saw in the last episode is interesting in that its probably not actually written by Ramsey Bolton, Jacobs has read all of Martin's work extremely carefully - its very interesting where the series is actually headed in that this showdown of dragons vs "the others" or whatever probably isn't going to happen. Its also interesting to know who the others actually are and why they do what they do. Looking at these I have new-found respect for GRR Martin (he's almost a Tolstoy of fantasy writing) - its a shame in one way he's too preoccupied with the Winds of Winter to add to the 4 episodes he's written so far for the TV series.

I actually commented on that to my fiancé- saying that it was odd how quickly they got the letter after Sansa arrived, and also how aggressive it was. Ramsay is the calm, reserved, never shows his true colors type of psychopath; not the overtly abrasive one the letter made him out to be.

Would it really surprise anyone if it was actually LilFinga doin Baelish things and pulling the strings from behind the scenes- especially after the Riverrun 'insight' and "half-brother" comment from tonight's episode?

Started out all fun and games with those lovely, lovely breasts and full on cock and balls, and then got very depressing very fast. Those breasts have shielded me this evening, not a dark thought has entered my mind. Cubs lost? Saw those t!ts....Another dead direwolf AND Hodor? Saw those t!ts...Vanessa Ives and Penny Dreadful? Saw those t!ts...An encore is in order for that actress.

Another great episode - saw this cool theory on reddit about The Mad King:

Ok so I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this as a possibility but after tonight’s episode I’m leaning more towards it being a probability.

Bran and friends are the voices in the mad king’s head.

We’ve now seen Bran’s ability to influence the past (or, confirm it depending on how time travel paradoxes are solved in GOT). We’ve seen the link between the past and present BREAK Hodor’s mind, turning him into a simpleton. I don’t think madness is a far stretch from this.

If you remember Jaime’s testimony, the mad king just kept repeating “burn them all.” What if he didn’t mean King’s Landing and the rebels? What if Bran somehow either accidentally or purposefully lets him see the army of the dead? Someone could be yelling something akin to “burn them all” just like tonight’s “hold the door.”

In the season six trailer we see someone in shadow getting stabbed in the back. Lots of people think this is Jaime doing his stabby stabby kingslaying thing. The only time we see flashbacks are through Bran’s visions. A man going mad with voices in his head in a Bran flashback? I’ll be shocked if thats a coincidence.

On a more broad speculative front, I’m curious to see if Bran’s job is going to be making sure history happens the way it happened or something time lord-esque like that. The Tree Eyed Raven said it was time for Bran to “become him.” Was his job watching history and influencing it to make sure it happened how it was supposed to? Ahhhh time paradoxes. What an episode. Hold the door.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Another great episode - saw this cool theory on reddit about The Mad King:

Ok so I’m sure I’m not the first person to think of this as a possibility but after tonight’s episode I’m leaning more towards it being a probability.

Bran and friends are the voices in the mad king’s head.

We’ve now seen Bran’s ability to influence the past (or, confirm it depending on how time travel paradoxes are solved in GOT). We’ve seen the link between the past and present BREAK Hodor’s mind, turning him into a simpleton. I don’t think madness is a far stretch from this.

If you remember Jaime’s testimony, the mad king just kept repeating “burn them all.” What if he didn’t mean King’s Landing and the rebels? What if Bran somehow either accidentally or purposefully lets him see the army of the dead? Someone could be yelling something akin to “burn them all” just like tonight’s “hold the door.”

In the season six trailer we see someone in shadow getting stabbed in the back. Lots of people think this is Jaime doing his stabby stabby kingslaying thing. The only time we see flashbacks are through Bran’s visions. A man going mad with voices in his head in a Bran flashback? I’ll be shocked if thats a coincidence.

On a more broad speculative front, I’m curious to see if Bran’s job is going to be making sure history happens the way it happened or something time lord-esque like that. The Tree Eyed Raven said it was time for Bran to “become him.” Was his job watching history and influencing it to make sure it happened how it was supposed to? Ahhhh time paradoxes. What an episode. Hold the door.

Amazing.

On 5/21/2016 at 0:48 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Been having some older episodes going on in the background during some work and there are two nice little connections that I forgot about:

- Arya's original sword instructor was from Bravos. I think so much time passed that I forgot about that.

- Theon brought Ramsay on himself. When Theon sacked Winterfell, Rob wanted to go back and recapture it, but Roose Bolton convinced him to let his bastard son go and do it for him. Didn't catch that the first time.

I dunno, it's nuts how one little thing here and there winds up reverberating throughout episodes now.

Also shows how far back Roose was planning on betraying Rob.

Theon also killed 2 young boys to make them look like Bran and Rickon.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If GRRM really had that Hodor thing mapped out this whole time, the mind**** reveals in the last season will be legendary.

That was the first thing I thought.

There is a yahoo article, where someone figured out 3 years ago HODOR meant hold the door, and told Martin.  He laughed and said, "you don't know how close to being right you are"

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Displeased that they killed Osha. Without question the hottest chick on the show.

Missandei and discount Rachel Weisz (new red priestess) have something to say about this.

-----

So like....once Hodor died and the door no longer held, what is stopping Bran and Meera from being laid to waste? Is the Wall coming down and the Night's Watch about to get decimated?

Edited by SenorGato

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Missandei and discount Rachel Weisz (new red priestess) have something to say about this.

-----

So like....once Hodor died and the door no longer held, what is stopping Bran and Meera from being laid to waste? Is the Wall coming down and the Night's Watch about to get decimated?

What I'm wondering now.

If Bran getting touched by the White Walker allowed them to cross that barrier, what if Bran goes back south of the wall.  Does that allow the Walkers to do the same?

Just now, chirorob said:

What I'm wondering now.

If Bran getting touched by the White Walker allowed them to cross that barrier, what if Bran goes back south of the wall.  Does that allow the Walkers to do the same?

That's my guess. IIRC, by that I mean if I remember Wikipedia since I wouldn't actually read these books, the Wall was built with help from the COTF's magic.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SenorGato said:

That's my guess. IIRC, by that I mean if I remember Wikipedia since I wouldn't actually read these books, the Wall was built with help from the COTF's magic.

You know, after book 3, they aren't that good.  Too long, with editing needing to be done.

Also, the new King of the Iron Islands, there has to be more to him.  No way he just shows up with a fleet and she marries him.  No way he can fight the dragons, 3 fire breathing dragons will lay waste to a wooden fleet.