Jerimiah and Brooks debate White vs. Cooper ... best in class

32EBoozer

I am finally comfortable with the idea of Cooper at 6 over anyone else.

Agreed! Copper over Marriota, the OLB's and Kevin White.

I think the reason people are questioning Cooper over White is the fact Cooper runs his routes and keeps his speed in and out of his cuts so effortlessly...

Cooper, Marshall, Decker is a monster tandem! Instantly makes Fitz/Geno/? better and sets up the run game with Ivory/Ridley/Powell/?

Chan will be incredibly happy!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the reason people are questioning Cooper over White is the fact Cooper runs his routes and keeps his speed in and out of his cuts so effortlessly...

Cooper, Marshall, Decker is a monster tandem! Instantly makes Fitz/Geno/? better and sets up the run game with Ivory/Ridley/Powell/?

The more I watch home the more he reminds me and looks like Reggie Wayne. I could get used to Reggie Wayne on my team for 10-13 years!!

It would be awesome to get Cooper and add him to the duo we already have! Unfortunately I think Oakland might take him, I hope I'm wrong though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

How would you feel about Terrell Owens with out the baggage?

If White will play like Owens and Cooper like Reggie Wayne than I'd be all over White. Thing is IDK if he will be as dominant as Owens was, I can definitely see Cooper being like a Wayne or maybe a Torrey Holt?

If White will play like Owens and Cooper like Reggie Wayne than I'd be all over White. Thing is IDK if he will be as dominant as Owens was, I can definitely see Cooper being like a Wayne or maybe a Torrey Holt?

Agreed. The truth is we don't know if either of these players will be as good as the players discussed but if they can at least come close than they will be worth it.    To be honest, if everything checks out background wise, I am taking Randy Gregory over either of them; he is the best pass rushing prospect in this draft and can play the OLB position.  We can get a quality receiver like Devin Smith or Nelson Ahgolor in the 2nd round.  Hell we could even wait until the third round and get Tre McBride or Kenny Bell.

Cooper is not and will not be another Jerry Rice.  No one is.

I'm sure there was a guy like you 30 years ago saying Rice is not and will not be another Lance Alworth. No one is.

The lesson here is there are generational players coming every 20 years or so. Who's to say there will never be another Rice?

Randy Moss could easily have been if it wasn't for his Minnesota QB and his becoming a hot head.

Give any quality WR a Montana/Young combo for 12 years or so and you'll be surprised what is possible.

Hey Sonny.... I've been posting on the board for about a year and the one thing I realized, just like on the playground, you mind your manners until you're part of the crew. The guys on this board are very friendly and once they get used to you, they bring you into their group. THEN you can talk a little smack!!

Despite Villain's obsession with Glennon, he is a valued member of the board and bleeds green thru-and-thru.

Just my .02 to another new member to the board! Welcome and by all means share your opinions.... politely.

Look forward to getting to know you..... Boozer

You defended me!  :wub:

You know what you get? A new Mike Glennon Gif! lol

This one is special though. Watch how his team continuously takes opportunities away from him. 

Glennon%20TD%20atl.gif

Hey, I might disagree with Villain or another long time poster here about Glennon or any other issue, but unless I've been treated disrespectfully by someone or unless I'm dealing with an obnoxious troll, I try to debate respectfully.  Give it a try. You might actually find a little value in it.

The love. 

Im touched! lol. 

You defended me!  :wub:

You know what you get? A new Mike Glennon Gif! lol

This one is special though. Watch how his team continuously takes opportunities away from him. 

Glennon%20TD%20atl.gif

That's why I took Marpet and Tyrus Thompson in the draft. Tryin' to give your boy a little more protection when he backs up Winston!

Agreed. The truth is we don't know if either of these players will be as good as the players discussed but if they can at least come close than they will be worth it. To be honest, if everything checks out background wise, I am taking Randy Gregory over either of them; he is the best pass rushing prospect in this draft and can play the OLB position. We can get a quality receiver like Devin Smith or Nelson Ahgolor in the 2nd round. Hell we could even wait until the third round and get Tre McBride or Kenny Bell.

I'd sign up for Gregory if Mac and Co don't think the substance abuse will be a problem.

It looks like whatever happens we should get a impact player at 6.

Agreed. The truth is we don't know if either of these players will be as good as the players discussed but if they can at least come close than they will be worth it.    To be honest, if everything checks out background wise, I am taking Randy Gregory over either of them; he is the best pass rushing prospect in this draft and can play the OLB position.  We can get a quality receiver like Devin Smith or Nelson Ahgolor in the 2nd round.  Hell we could even wait until the third round and get Tre McBride or Kenny Bell.

Ernie+getting+high.png

I'm sure there was a guy like you 30 years ago saying Rice is not and will not be another Lance Alworth. No one is.

The lesson here is there are generational players coming every 20 years or so. Who's to say there will never be another Rice?

Randy Moss could easily have been if it wasn't for his Minnesota QB and his becoming a hot head.

Give any quality WR a Montana/Young combo for 12 years or so and you'll be surprised what is possible.

Cooper may not even be the best receiver in this draft and you want to compare him to the greatest receiver in NFL history?  Before he even plays one NFL game?  Are you serious?   No the lesson here is let Cooper be himself and lets not get ahead of ourselves.  I know you are hyped on the guy but lets not be silly about this.  At least OBJ has played in the NFL and I don't hear anyone comparing him to the greatest receiver in the game.  Damn this Cooper hype is getting rediculous...

Ha! But you have no problem comparing a rookie to TO. OK, it appears as if you're allowed to play by different rules!

Cooper may not even be the best receiver in this draft and you want to compare him to the greatest receiver in NFL history?  Before he even plays one NFL game?  Are you serious?   No the lesson here is let Cooper be himself and lets not get ahead of ourselves.  I know you are hyped on the guy but lets not be silly about this.  At least OBJ has played in the NFL and I don't hear anyone comparing him to the greatest receiver in the game.  Damn this Cooper hype is getting rediculous...

Totally agree with you. He is not even close to Julio Jones.

Ha! But you have no problem comparing a rookie to TO. OK, it appears as if you're allowed to play by different rules!

Cooper was compared to Reggie Wayne in playing style and also Torrey Holt.  Even Marvin Harrison; I have no problem with player comparisons but when we start talking about the greatest of all time I have to say put on the breaks.

Totally agree with you. He is not even close to Julio Jones.

I seriously believe there will be two or three receivers from this class as good as or better than Cooper when it is all said and done.  Hell, it could be even more.  These three are going to give him a serious run for his money: White, Parker, DGB. 

Feel free to put on the breaks.... I was just showing you how ridiculous your TO statement was by making another ridiculous comment. You escalated the Reggie Wayne talk with TO. I doubled down on your lunacy. I have no problem just letting these kids play football and in 10 years see how they're doing.

Cooper was compared to Reggie Wayne in playing style and also Torrey Holt.  Even Marvin Harrison; I have no problem with player comparisons but when we start talking about the greatest of all time I have to say put on the breaks.

Feel free to put on the breaks.... I was just showing you how ridiculous your TO statement was by making another ridiculous comment. You escalated the Reggie Wayne talk with TO. I doubled down on your lunacy. I have no problem just letting these kids play football and in 10 years see how they're doing.

Dude you are making a fool of yourself. You are not showing me anything.  I and the other poster OBVIOUSLY realize there is no way of knowing how good this kids are going to be and don't need to be lectured by you.  Since you feel the need to insult me then check it.  GFYO.

DeVante Parker - WR - Cardinals

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora keeps hearing "from evaluators who know what they hell they are doing" that Louisville WR DeVante Parker is the "second-best receiver in the draft."

"Some think the gap between him and Amari Cooper isn't exactly massive," La Canfora further added. "Not saying he is the second one taken -- Kevin White's measurables probably still make him second to Cooper, but could be more interesting than some think." In a study of numbers, Parker disappoints. A football analytics director recently agreed with Football Outsiders' Playmaker Score projection -- which called Parker the No. 9 WR -- that Parker should have been more productive in college. "It is hard to see him living up to this rating," the director said, referencing Mel Kiper's No. 9 overall grade. That said, Parker's catch radius is as large as a black hole. We're fans.

To me, it's not even a discussion. Parker is best WR in the draft when you account for DGBs off-field circus, though i can't fault someone for wanting to go with the pure-bred in Cooper... but I would be severely disappointed to see the Jets select White over Parker.

Dude you are making a fool of yourself. You are not showing me anything.  I and the other poster OBVIOUSLY realize there is no way of knowing how good this kids are going to be and don't need to be lectured by you.  Since you feel the need to insult me then check it.  GFYO.

This coming from the 56 yr. old posting Titti shots of 20 yr. olds.... :bwahaharoll:

Way to keep it real.

This coming from the 56 yr. old posting Titti shots of 20 yr. olds.... :bwahaharoll:

Way to keep it real.

What you don't like sexy women? My bad. 20 year olds? Titti (is that even a word?) shots; Really? Lol, seriously, now you just clowning yourself. Feel free to put me on your ignore list. I wouldn't want the sight of an attractive woman in my avatar to mess up your day.

I want to be angered and get heated about this debate but I would be happy with either player. In fact, I think that's where I'm officially at in who I want....Cooper or White.

Just to be sure, I would bring them both in for one last workout before the draft and throw a 50/50 ball at them. Whoever catches it is my pick.

Archived