Rex Ryan: Amaro will be accountable for his comments

BurnleyJet

Yes another Rex thread, but he's just can't leave it alone.

The new coach of the Buffalo Bills came out firing on Saturday in a lively interview with NFL Media's Kimberly Jones.

Jets tight end Jace Amaro took the worst of it.

After telling The MMQB's Jenny Vrentas this week that Amaro was "full of (expletive)" for claiming that Gang Green wasn't held "accountable" under Ryan last season, Rex circled around on Saturday to take the newbie to task.

"It's not the truth and that's the thing that I was saying. It's absolutely not the truth," Ryan told Jones on WFAN in New York. "That kid's, you know, well, we will see what happens. I just know it's not the truth and for him or anyone else to pop off like that, I think is absolutely a joke. If (veteran linebacker) David Harris had said something or (offensive linemen) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold or something, I would be hurt by it. I would be absolutely devastated by it. But a kid like that? Nah. I know him and it doesn't bother me one bit."

Said Ryan of Amaro: "I think the kid's got some talent I am just going to leave it at that. I just know one thing: He totally misspoke and you talk about accountable? He's gonna be accountable when we go to play him."

Is it me, or is Rex Ryan simply the best?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486243/article/rex-ryan-amaro-will-be-accountable-for-his-comments

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmaoo funny thing is Rex still talking about '09.. 

Ryan made it clear the Bills might look a whole lot like his 2009 Jets squad that amassed a 59:41 run-to-pass ratio, saying: "We definitely would love to have that kind of model and also the ability to be a little more effective outside throwing the football. We do have a lot of skill position players, but we are probably not as good as that '09 offensive line. No probably about it, we are not as good as that line. We still have a lot of work to do in those areas."

Sad thing, for Rex anyway, is that even after all that gameplanning, Amaro will still have an impact on the game.  Rex has yet to meet a TE that he can cover.

I seriously hope that we play them in primetime in New York.  I would have to imagine, after Rex continues to run his mouth all offseason and gets what's left of his supporters in New York to turn on him, that that crowd would be rather hostile and it would make for a great moment for the franchise to crush Rex's Bills on such a large stage.

The new coach of the Buffalo Bills came out firing on Saturday in a lively interview with NFL Media's Kimberly Jones.

After telling The MMQB's Jenny Vrentas this week that Amaro was "full of (expletive)" for claiming that Gang Green wasn't held "accountable" under Ryan last season, Rex circled around on Saturday to take the newbie to task.

"It's not the truth and that's the thing that I was saying. It's absolutely not the truth," Ryan told Jones on WFAN in New York. "That kid's, you know, well, we will see what happens. I just know it's not the truth and for him or anyone else to pop off like that, I think is absolutely a joke. If (veteran linebacker) David Harris had said something or (offensive linemen) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold or something, I would be hurt by it. I would be absolutely devastated by it. But a kid like that? Nah. I know him and it doesn't bother me one bit."

Said Ryan of Amaro: "I think the kid's got some talent I am just going to leave it at that. I just know one thing: He totally misspoke and you talk about accountable? He's gonna be accountable when we go to play him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486243/article/rex-ryan-amaro-will-be-accountable-for-his-comments

It's you. Rex is a f'n moron blowhard and bottom 5 HC in the NFL. We are so fortunate be rid of him. The more he protests, the more you realize Amaro's comments atr 100% factual. God, Rex is such a moron douche.

Not sure how Amaro could have "misspoke". He meant what he said, so he didn't misspeak.

Rex looks beyond petty at this point. And a tad bit defensive, too. Surely he knows that Amaro speaks the truth.

Rex does look like a fool, but who is a mediocre rookie to shoot his mouth off like that?

I am surprised that Rex even knew who Amaro was without consulting a program.  Based on the performance of the Jets the past few years, I am betting Amaro was correct.  A team without accountability plays just like the Jets.  The same mistakes, the same mindless play, and so on.  I am so happy that BS side show has moved on to Buffalo.

Rex does look like a fool, but who is a mediocre rookie to shoot his mouth off like that?

Stop being a fool.  Is there a proper age range for telling time in the NFL???  Amaro

said there were too many instances of players being late for meetings.  So because he's

ONLY 22 and a rookie he can't state a fact???  

What Rex is beyond reproach? 

How is that trolling?

1). Rex is a fool.

2) Amaro is a mediocre player shooting off his mouth.

You are trolling because you can't help yourself.  We don't know what kind of player Amaro is going to be because last year was his rookie season and as inconsistent as it was, he still lead all rookie TE in receiving and should be better this year.  What is at issue is whether Amaro spoke the truth and it has become apparent to anyone with a brain that he was. 

For you to "label" him mediocre is the very definition of Trolling and wish to God you would go back some Pats board and stay the hell off of this one.   

It seems like everyone is on Rex about being unprofessional, outspoken, etc.  Yet,  nobody wants to comment on Amaro's unprofessionalism for speaking negatively about anyone in the NFL.  Also, Amarao appears to forget that it was Rex Ryan who gave this rookie an opportunity.  Seems like Amaro has alot to learn about playing professional football

This is shooting his mouth off?

"He's not really playing around with everyone being late," Amaro said of Bowles. "We had an issue with that last year. Guys just weren't accountable last year as much as they could be. I think that's the biggest thing. [bowles is] making sure everyone's gonna be 100 percent in or he's not going to be on the team."

Stop being a fool.  Is there a proper age range for telling time in the NFL???  Amaro

said there were too many instances of players being late for meetings.  So because he's

ONLY 22 and a rookie he can't state a fact???

Where are your team leaders on this?

D'Brick, Mangold, Harris?

Yet you think it is OK for a middle-of-the-road rookie to shoot his mouth off?

Amaro should spend more time on catching the football instead of bashing his ex HC.

It seems like everyone is on Rex about being unprofessional, outspoken, etc.  Yet,  nobody wants to comment on Amaro's unprofessionalism for speaking negatively about anyone in the NFL.  Also, Amarao appears to forget that it was Rex Ryan who gave this rookie an opportunity.  Seems like Amaro has alot to learn about playing professional football

He's in no way being unprofessional.  He was asked a question and he answered it.

I'm even willing to let Rex's initial comment pass.  He was, similarly, asked a question, and answered it.  He could have chosen his words better, but that's not what he does.  It's his continued comments on the matter that have been unprofessional.

I also doubt that it was Rex that gave him his opportunity.  It was more a combination of John Idzik and Marty Morninwheg.  I bet Rex probably still needs GPS to help him find the offensive meeting rooms at Jets HQ.

Amaro should spend more time on catching the football instead of bashing his ex HC.

Where were the Pats team leaders when Hernandez was shooting up anyone that looked at him wrong?

You need to stop, we get it you LOVE Ryan and he can do no wrong.  Amaro is not the one continuing

this story your beloved coach is.  The simple fact is an NFL rookie (who can tell time) noticed many

instances of players being late and Ryan doing NOTHING about it.  He's your problem now deal with it

Again you know nothing about the situation.  Davis, Mangold and Decker have all spoken

out about the lack of accountability and poor practices last year.  But tough guy Ryan

ONLY picks on the comment of a rookie

It seems like everyone is on Rex about being unprofessional, outspoken, etc. Yet, nobody wants to comment on Amaro's unprofessionalism for speaking negatively about anyone in the NFL. Also, Amarao appears to forget that it was Rex Ryan who gave this rookie an opportunity. Seems like Amaro has alot to learn about playing professional football

Listen to the full interview. Poor guy was only giving his opinion based on what he saw last season. Which was also reported by the Rex loving media. Geno, Pryor late or missed meetings.

How is that trolling?

1). Rex is a fool.

2) Amaro is a mediocre player shooting off his mouth.

You act as if it was the last few days to go out and I am just trying to get a lot more to the point where the money for a few days for the first time since we have to do it for a few days.

Maybe because he just came from College and was shocked at the "lack of accountability" on this team. Who are you to question him anyway.

Hey Rex you idiot if it doesn't bother you then STFU about it

Archived