Rex Ryan: Amaro will be accountable for his comments

BurnleyJet

You need to stop, we get it you LOVE Ryan and he can do no wrong.  Amaro is not the one continuing

this story your beloved coach is.  The simple fact is an NFL rookie (who can tell time) noticed many

instances of players being late and Ryan doing NOTHING about it.  He's your problem now deal with it

I said it months ago, jeaniec is just an alt account. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all this jeanie persoh just has to be an alt of one of your rec lovers on this site, has to be.

As for Rex, he had no clue about Holmes and all the problems on offense and totally admitted that.  I'm sure he has ZERO clue about 2/3 of the team he was not invloved with on a daily basis.  He really is a kid, a total child 100%.

Heh, exactly.

Yes another Rex thread, but he's just can't leave it alone.

The new coach of the Buffalo Bills came out firing on Saturday in a lively interview with NFL Media's Kimberly Jones.

Jets tight end Jace Amaro took the worst of it.

After telling The MMQB's Jenny Vrentas this week that Amaro was "full of (expletive)" for claiming that Gang Green wasn't held "accountable" under Ryan last season, Rex circled around on Saturday to take the newbie to task.

"It's not the truth and that's the thing that I was saying. It's absolutely not the truth," Ryan told Jones on WFAN in New York. "That kid's, you know, well, we will see what happens. I just know it's not the truth and for him or anyone else to pop off like that, I think is absolutely a joke. If (veteran linebacker) David Harris had said something or (offensive linemen) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold or something, I would be hurt by it. I would be absolutely devastated by it. But a kid like that? Nah. I know him and it doesn't bother me one bit."

Said Ryan of Amaro: "I think the kid's got some talent I am just going to leave it at that. I just know one thing: He totally misspoke and you talk about accountable? He's gonna be accountable when we go to play him."

Is it me, or is Rex Ryan simply the best?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486243/article/rex-ryan-amaro-will-be-accountable-for-his-comments

this i sgreat. its like putting a poker player on tilt. our games vs the bills just got easier

I agree. Amaro should establish himself before shooting his mouth off. Jeez, the jury is still out on amaro, IMO...all the guy has done is put up 3rd round numbers and had several key drops.

The trash-talk bus left for Buffalo...time to put up or shut up.

A.D.D.?   Did you read the question and Amaro's response?  Did you listen to the audio which was posted in this thread?  Did your parents have any children that lived?  Come on, rub a couple of brain cells together and get with it.

Why did Amaro have to go and poke the bear? We all know how Rex gameplans when he has a vendetta against you, he will absolutely destroy you. Jace is making the Jets a target of Rex's rage and we're going to suffer for it. Jace does not seem to understand that he is just a mediocre TE in the making and he has no right to step to a great football mind like Rex. What ever happened to young players admiring and respecting the greats of the league?

Why did Amaro have to go and poke the bear? We all know how Rex gameplans when he has a vendetta against you, he will absolutely destroy you. Jace is making the Jets a target of Rex's rage and we're going to suffer for it. Jace does not seem to understand that he is just a mediocre TE in the making and he has no right to step to a great football mind like Rex. What ever happened to young players admiring and respecting the greats of the league?

This guy isn't fooling anyone.

Same here. I feel appropriately ashamed of it now, though.

As for the issue brought up that the players should be accountable for being on time, and how the Bills don't have that problem for Rex to worry about, all I'll say is that they don't yet have that problem yet. I don't recall there being many missed meetings or tardiness under Mangini before Rex got here. It's something that results from the culture that he brings to the franchise. Things will be good in the beginning, because he has everyone fired up and he's relaxed with the players, which they'll enjoy because they didn't have that under Marrone. But, like the Jets' players, they'll take advantage of that after a while and the story will, more or less, follow the same path that it did in New York.

Awful HC Herm Edwards had no one be late for a team meeting during his entire tenure.

Rex was moronic in the area of accountability plain and simple. Period!!

Rex does look like a fool, but who is a mediocre rookie to shoot his mouth off like that?

Annatto never mentioned rex. He praised boles.

Just because Rex has sand in his vagina doesn't mean Amaro did anything wrong.

Honestly can't tell if serious

A.D.D.?   Did you read the question and Amaro's response?  Did you listen to the audio which was posted in this thread?  Did your parents have any children that lived?  Come on, rub a couple of brain cells together and get with it.

Didn't you realize that you have to win a Super Bowl before you are bestowed the right to give an honest answer to any question'

Neon lights: "TROLLING"

A.D.D.? Did you read the question and Amaro's response? Did you listen to the audio which was posted in this thread? Did your parents have any children that lived? Come on, rub a couple of brain cells together and get with it.

Lol..I guess I didn't read close enough, but I stand by the fact that amaro should shut his trap until he earns the right to speak up. He hasn't even come close to earning that right.

Who the **** is jace amaro any way?!? He hasn't done sh*t. Leave Rex (who im glad is gone,BTW) out of it for a moment. Jace amaro is an underperforming TE who showed limited receiving skills for someone that was supposed to show more than that. He showed rookie-sense when he answered the question too. A seasoned guy would have said "forget last year, I just want to concentrate on this year and improving my hands-like-feet."

Screw him...he's right though, there was no accountability. If there was he would have been riding the pine until he learned to catch wide open passes for first downs that hit him in the hands.

I'm excited about the new staff and very excited about the new defense...I'm even excited about the offense, QB not withstanding, but these ****ers better understand some fans are still seething and angry for a real team, unlike last years 4-12 band of pussies.

Where are your team leaders on this?

D'Brick, Mangold, Harris?

Yet you think it is OK for a middle-of-the-road rookie to shoot his mouth off?

Amaro should spend more time on catching the football instead of bashing his ex HC.

Where were the Pats team leaders when Hernandez was shooting up anyone that looked at him wrong?

OWNED

The Jets got destroyed by the Bills last year. how much worse could it possibly get? Now that that great defense is under the leadership of the greatest defensive coach in football history (who got poked by Amaro), maybe the Jets should just forfeit the two games against the Bills? I mean according to you they have no chance.

Rex Ryan is a great self promoter and is his own built in marketing department. That is why he was so coveted by Buffalo. Rex has made the Bills relevant, something the new owner desperatly wanted and needed. If Buffalo's main objective was to hire a good football coach, Rex wouldn't have gotten a sniff. But to do what Pegula needed, he was really the only choice. Rex is really good at creating a buzz around the team, but not so good at coaching the team. Given some time, Buffalo will figure this out also. Heck, even Woody finally figured it out.

Rex Ryan is a great self promoter and is his own built in marketing department. That is why he was so coveted by Buffalo. Rex has made the Bills relevant, something the new owner desperatly wanted and needed. If Buffalo's main objective was to hire a good football coach, Rex wouldn't have gotten a sniff. But to do what Pegula needed, he was really the only choice. Rex is really good at creating a buzz around the team, but not so good at coaching the team. Given some time, Buffalo will figure this out also. Heck, even Woody finally figured it out.

LOL @ Pegula losing out on that coveted #1 draft spot in last nights NHL draft!! Eff him!!!

Archived