Rex Ryan: Amaro will be accountable for his comments

BurnleyJet

Lol..I guess I didn't read close enough, but I stand by the fact that amaro should shut his trap until he earns the right to speak up. He hasn't even come close to earning that right.

Who the **** is jace amaro any way?!? He hasn't done sh*t. Leave Rex (who im glad is gone,BTW) out of it for a moment. Jace amaro is an underperforming TE who showed limited receiving skills for someone that was supposed to show more than that. He showed rookie-sense when he answered the question too. A seasoned guy would have said "forget last year, I just want to concentrate on this year and improving my hands-like-feet."

Screw him...he's right though, there was no accountability. If there was he would have been riding the pine until he learned to catch wide open passes for first downs that hit him in the hands.

I'm excited about the new staff and very excited about the new defense...I'm even excited about the offense, QB not withstanding, but these ****ers better understand some fans are still seething and angry for a real team, unlike last years 4-12 band of pussies.

Compared to who? He lead all rookie TE's. Your ridiculous.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To much blame on Amaro, he ever mentioned Rex by name, he said the team lacked accountability, Rex is a child, the truth hurts.

Correct. I don't understand these other fools on this board blaming Amaro. Jet fans can be such self haters. Unreal.

good thing rex is growing and learning as a HC

"Oh, Lord have mercy," Crowder said. "What's wrong with him? Now he's talking about preparation? We play them twice this year. If he wants to be prepared, shouldn't he know the starting middle linebackers of his division rival?"

Crowder scoffed at Ryan's comment about how he'd "handle him" if he was younger.

"He says he'd take care of me if he was younger?" Crowder said. "I'd have beat the hell out of that big old joker. Or if he really wants to get retro, my daddy or my uncle could have handled him. Don't get big. Win with preparation? Start watching some tape and learn who your rival is. Come on now."

Not to be out trash-talked, Ryan walked into his news conference Wednesday at minicamp and immediately launched into his Crowder rebuttal.

"Let's see if he can top this one," Ryan said. "I've walked over tougher guys going to a fight." Later, he added, "He can send himself and his father after me."

Up in Foxborough, Bill (Rings) Belichick was asked about Ryan's recent remarks. If you recall, Ryan said he isn't intimidated by Belichick or the Patriotsand isn't planning to "kiss Belichick's rings."

To much blame on Amaro, he ever mentioned Rex by name, he said the team lacked accountability, Rex is a child, the truth hurts.

Exactly.  He was asked a question and he answered it.  It's ridiculous that Amaro is receiving any flack at all over this.  It was Rex's job to create a workplace environment that is conducive of success.  He failed at that, in the area Amaro brought up and in many, many others as well.

at what point is our headcoach going to stick up for his player and tell Rex to shut the **** up

If anything, Bowles should call amaro and say nothing about the Rex incident. Just a surprise phone call to see how his off season is going. Never mention his quote then quickly say goodbye. Haha..the kid might toss and turn all night wonder WTF that phone call was REALLY all about.

...and, hopefully, he spends the rest of the next day with a jugs machine.

He lead all rookie TEs. Whoop de damn do!! I don't care. The jury is still out on him. I hope he improves. If he does, I'll acknowledge that fact.

Congrats to agreeing with the Tex fool. I will say the same to you. He had Geno as his QB. Nuff said. Now go get some son.

If anything, Bowles should call amaro and say nothing about the Rex incident. Just a surprise phone call to see how his off season is going. Never mention his quote then quickly say goodbye. Haha..the kid might toss and turn all night wonder WTF that phone call was REALLY all about.

...and, hopefully, he spends the rest of the next day with a jugs machine.

Maybe we should just cut him eh?

That's the equivalent of being the tallest midget in a pigmy class.

Amaro was a huge under achiever last year.

He was also a second round rookie with an inconsistent quarterback but since that doesn't further your agenda..... 

Exactly.  He was asked a question and he answered it.  It's ridiculous that Amaro is receiving any flack at all over this.  It was Rex's job to create a workplace environment that is conducive of success.  He failed at that, in the area Amaro brought up and in many, many others as well.

You have a kid making an honest observation after being asked a direct question and then you have middle aged man losing his cool, cursing and then basically putting a "bounty" on a player.  How are we even discussing this as something Amaro did wrong.  If anything, he is calling out his fellow players.  The only reason to react the way Rex did is if what Amaro said was true and he hit a nerve. Either that or Rex is the most insecure, mentally weak HC in the NFL

Maybe we should just cut him eh?

I never even came close to suggesting that..I was just implying Bowles shoyld mind-f---k with him a little to get the point across that he should talk less practice more.

Not sure why you think I'm a Rex apologist. Rex was dead to me after the Detroit game. I hope amaro puts up 150/2 on him.

They're both being stupid.  Amaro is a 22 year old rookie who did not have even a good rookie year he should be saying nothing. 

How is he "being" stupid? He answered question asked a few weeks ago.  Rex is still talking about it seemingly every chance he gets.  Btw, he is not a rookie; he is a second year player and has every right to answer a direct question.   Rex is a grown ass man and acted like a he is the 22 year old. 

You notice that in those press conferences, the reporters never bring up the fact that Amaro wasn't alone in making comments about how some things were done last year.  No, instead of having done their homework on this, it is easier to bring up Amaro and watch Rex make a fool of himself. These so called journalists make me sick.

Yes another Rex thread, but he's just can't leave it alone.

The new coach of the Buffalo Bills came out firing on Saturday in a lively interview with NFL Media's Kimberly Jones.

Jets tight end Jace Amaro took the worst of it.

After telling The MMQB's Jenny Vrentas this week that Amaro was "full of (expletive)" for claiming that Gang Green wasn't held "accountable" under Ryan last season, Rex circled around on Saturday to take the newbie to task.

"It's not the truth and that's the thing that I was saying. It's absolutely not the truth," Ryan told Jones on WFAN in New York. "That kid's, you know, well, we will see what happens. I just know it's not the truth and for him or anyone else to pop off like that, I think is absolutely a joke. If (veteran linebacker) David Harris had said something or (offensive linemen) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold or something, I would be hurt by it. I would be absolutely devastated by it. But a kid like that? Nah. I know him and it doesn't bother me one bit."

Said Ryan of Amaro: "I think the kid's got some talent I am just going to leave it at that. I just know one thing: He totally misspoke and you talk about accountable? He's gonna be accountable when we go to play him."

Is it me, or is Rex Ryan simply the best?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486243/article/rex-ryan-amaro-will-be-accountable-for-his-comments

Rex started Geno Smith after missing a meeting the night before the SD game.

Nuff Said

Maybe Amaro is secretly brilliant. Waving a red cape so Rex the Bull can't resist devoting every waking moment preparing for the game planning to shut down and embarrass Amaro while everyone else runs wild.

Remember: Rex triple teamed Sammy Watkins in the 2nd game against Buffalo last season, and despite Jets getting smashed he actually mentioned how his D "shut Sammy down," as if that mattered.

Let's see if rex talks sh*t about a veteran rather than a rookie

Archived