Rex Ryan: Amaro will be accountable for his comments

BurnleyJet

Jeanie,

I was ecstatic when Rex was first hired for the Jets HC job.  I thought we finally found the right man for the job after more than a decade of futility since Bill Parcells quit on us.  Over Rex's stay here, I gradually lost my confidence and respect for this child in a  man's body.  

I guess you'll just have to find out the hard way.  But Bills fans' delight is EXACTLY like that which Jets fans felt and expressed.  For you to expect a different result up in Buffalo from what we had to endure here is just wishful thinking.  Good luck with the clown show.  The Bills have a pretty good roster, so I expect them to have success this year and next.  Then the deterioration will begin, particularly if the Bills give Rex any control over personnel.  His personnel meddling was absolutely the worst and contributed greatly to the jets failures over the past few years.

Dcat:  You are not the first Jets fan that mentioned this.  Please understand,  after a 15 year drought,  we are happy to be in the place we are at right now.  We have new owners that want to win a championship and cost is no factor.  We are acquiring some outstanding players and Rex is so upbeat.  We are diehard fans that see a lot of hope for our team.   It's an exciting time for us.  

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeanie,

I was ecstatic when Rex was first hired for the Jets HC job.  I thought we finally found the right man for the job after more than a decade of futility since Bill Parcells quit on us.  Over Rex's stay here, I gradually lost my confidence and respect for this child in a  man's body.  

I guess you'll just have to find out the hard way.  But Bills fans' delight is EXACTLY like that which Jets fans felt and expressed.  For you to expect a different result up in Buffalo from what we had to endure here is just wishful thinking.  Good luck with the clown show.  The Bills have a pretty good roster, so I expect them to have success this year and next.  Then the deterioration will begin, particularly if the Bills give Rex any control over personnel.  His personnel meddling was absolutely the worst and contributed greatly to the jets failures over the past few years.

THIS  times 1000.

Rex has NO accountability for a full team.  

Rich Cimini, ESPN New York Jets reporter

When Jace Amaro said this month in a radio interview that the New York Jets lacked accountability last season under Rex Ryan, it was noted in this space that his comments were typical of a team in transition. When a team changes coaches, the players love the new guy and the old guy sometimes gets dumped on. It's happening with the Jets. Amaro's comments blew up, thanks to Ryan, who fired back at the second-year tight end in two separate interviews. Basically, Ryan characterized Amaro's remarks as ramblings from a clueless, immature player, hinting he should watch his back when the Jets and Buffalo Bills play in the fall. One of the Jets' most respected leaders, offensive lineman Willie Colon, said player tardiness was a problem under former coach Rex Ryan. Turns out that one of the most respected leaders on the team, Willie Colon, agrees with Amaro's assessment that player tardiness was a problem. In an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, Colon said, "I believe in keeping things in-house, but for the most part it was an issue." The show's host, Alex Marvez, tweeted the quote Monday, but the interview actually occurred April 10 -- a few days after Amaro's initial comments and before Ryan started his retaliation tour in the media. Per Marvez, Colon also said, "It’s the little things like that, the little things you just don’t talk about. You be on time; you be accountable for your actions. ... It’s one of those things where as a pro ball player it’s not hard to be there on time." He also said in the interview that new coach Todd Bowles stressed accountability in his first team meeting.

Colon's comments are surprising because he was one of Ryan's most loyal supporters, but this could be the Bronx in him talking. In Colon's world, you're either with him or against him. Ryan was beloved by his players, but now he works for the enemy. Interestingly, Colon was one of 10 veteran players on last season's leadership council -- a.k.a. the Steering Committee. I wrote about it last September, noting the group handed out fines for various infractions, including lateness to meetings.

At the time, Colon declined to get into specifics, but he said the "discipline level" had improved from the previous season. "It's done wonders for us as a team," Colon said. "It's not a dictatorship, it's not a Communist-type thing. It's all about, 'Hey, you're a Jet, and we want you to be a Jet on and off the field.' When you're not, you hear about it." This was early in the season. Evidently, things changed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/50752/piling-on-continues-as-another-jets-player-tweaks-rex-ryan

It's time for these guys to move on and ignore Rex. Focus on improving and leave the past in the past. Let Rex keep it going by himself and show him where it's at in the games vs. The Bills this year.

I agree

Rich Cimini, ESPN New York Jets reporter

When Jace Amaro said this month in a radio interview that the New York Jets lacked accountability last season under Rex Ryan, it was noted in this space that his comments were typical of a team in transition. When a team changes coaches, the players love the new guy and the old guy sometimes gets dumped on. It's happening with the Jets. Amaro's comments blew up, thanks to Ryan, who fired back at the second-year tight end in two separate interviews. Basically, Ryan characterized Amaro's remarks as ramblings from a clueless, immature player, hinting he should watch his back when the Jets and Buffalo Bills play in the fall. One of the Jets' most respected leaders, offensive lineman Willie Colon, said player tardiness was a problem under former coach Rex Ryan. Turns out that one of the most respected leaders on the team, Willie Colon, agrees with Amaro's assessment that player tardiness was a problem. In an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, Colon said, "I believe in keeping things in-house, but for the most part it was an issue." The show's host, Alex Marvez, tweeted the quote Monday, but the interview actually occurred April 10 -- a few days after Amaro's initial comments and before Ryan started his retaliation tour in the media. Per Marvez, Colon also said, "It’s the little things like that, the little things you just don’t talk about. You be on time; you be accountable for your actions. ... It’s one of those things where as a pro ball player it’s not hard to be there on time." He also said in the interview that new coach Todd Bowles stressed accountability in his first team meeting.

Colon's comments are surprising because he was one of Ryan's most loyal supporters, but this could be the Bronx in him talking. In Colon's world, you're either with him or against him. Ryan was beloved by his players, but now he works for the enemy. Interestingly, Colon was one of 10 veteran players on last season's leadership council -- a.k.a. the Steering Committee. I wrote about it last September, noting the group handed out fines for various infractions, including lateness to meetings.

At the time, Colon declined to get into specifics, but he said the "discipline level" had improved from the previous season. "It's done wonders for us as a team," Colon said. "It's not a dictatorship, it's not a Communist-type thing. It's all about, 'Hey, you're a Jet, and we want you to be a Jet on and off the field.' When you're not, you hear about it." This was early in the season. Evidently, things changed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/50752/piling-on-continues-as-another-jets-player-tweaks-rex-ryan

game, set, match,,what we all knew, Rex was a friend more than coach,,

amaro, colon, mangold and davis now all on record with lack of discipline and questionable practice habits..

It's time for these guys to move on and ignore Rex. Focus on improving and leave the past in the past. Let Rex keep it going by himself and show him where it's at in the games vs. The Bills this year.

Tough when you are asked direct questions.  I guess everyone could just say.  'no comment'.

I agree but when it's the off season the kids need someone to play with so they play with Rex.... :winking0001:

I agree but when it's the off season the kids need someone to play with so they play with Rex.... :winking0001:

Funny thing is here is the normal rex thread progression.

1) Rex says or does something totally whack, says it in public with much bluster.

2) A thread gets made and a few people comment on Rex being a dummy.

3) Rex's army of supporters flock into the thread to tell people to leave it alone, forget about rex, move on.

4) Rex's army makes almost as many posts on the subject as the anti Rexers.

5) Rinse and repeat.

The best way to not have anymore Rex threads would be if the loud mouth immature goof grew a spine and started to worry more about his new team than his trucks, tattoos and going off on player comments from other teams.

Funny thing is here is the normal rex thread progression.

The best way to not have anymore Rex threads would be if the loud mouth immature goof grew a spine and started to worry more about his new team than his trucks, tattoos and going off on player comments from other teams.

good point, BUT, his inability to not be able to do as you wisely suggest is VERY telling and adds credence to some of ex-players critiques, IMHO only....

I think some of the stand up guys, colon, mangold, davis, felt betrayed at end as they worked ass off and high school behavior was tolerated or ignored....

venting I assume on their parts....

Wasn't Colon benched?

So now we are up to at least FIVE players who have spoken about lateness / accountability:

Davis

Mangold

Decker

Amaro

Colon

But "poor Rex" is the victim and the organization sabotaged him. OK

It doesn't matter if you show up to a meeting early on Tuesday morning when the secondary is made up entirely of guys who belong in the arena league.

It's like patriots fans saying they win because Belichick is a strict coach. No they win because Tom Brady is fn good at his job.

It doesn't matter if you show up to a meeting early on Tuesday morning when the secondary is made up entirely of guys who belong in the arena league.

It's like patriots fans saying they win because Belichick is a strict coach. No they win because Tom Brady is fn good at his job.

Still beefing about the secondary eh?  This is why Buffalo is a perfect fit for rex, loads of talent on D.  I really wish he would have went to Atlanta or the Bears instead and actually had to coach with a non stacked defense.

The thing that makes a 'great coach' a great coach is being able to get by with less talent.  He showed he could not, further more he showed he had no ability to coach up the psquad players we had carried for the last two years.

When we had the injuries the Johnny Patricks and Ras I dolwings of the world disappeared he used a box Safety and a udfa cb that the gm found for him.  Oh well he did adjust his defense though, after the team was 1-10 or so,.

My real name is Jean Orsini-Clabeaux - Now you can go on facebook and see if I am real or if I am a Dr. Jets impersonator. When you're done, an apology would be nice.

I get the following result in Google from that name search. All this does is raise more questions.

mqdefault.jpg

Still beefing about the secondary eh? This is why Buffalo is a perfect fit for rex, loads of talent on D. I really wish he would have went to Atlanta or the Bears instead and actually had to coach with a non stacked defense.

The thing that makes a 'great coach' a great coach is being able to get by with less talent. He showed he could not, further more he showed he had no ability to coach up the psquad players we had carried for the last two years.

When we had the injuries the Johnny Patricks and Ras I dolwings of the world disappeared he used a box Safety and a udfa cb that the gm found for him. Oh well he did adjust his defense though, after the team was 1-10 or so,.

Atlanta would have been perfect for Rex because they have a qb. Rex is excellent at evaluating defensive line players so he could have built up their D. Buffalo is the same situation he was in here.

Atlanta would have been perfect for Rex because they have a qb. Rex is excellent at evaluating defensive line players so he could have built up their D. Buffalo is the same situation he was in here.

agree, i was sure falcons is where he was going,,I guess (since owner likes him) the Falcons GM isnt  a huge 'fan' and nixed it.

Atlanta might have been a better fit for him on paper, given they have an offense, but it would have ended worse for him there.  He would have had very little in the way of patience from the fanbase and ownership there, as his defensive "expertise" would have been expected to get that team over the hump they hadn't been able to get over the past couple of years.  The Falcons would have fallen quicker and harder than it will be in Buffalo since his brashness is apparently enough to keep the Bills entertained for the time being.

Rex has never built a defense to my knowledge.  He has been handed great defenses and has had his GM draft loads of 1st round talent.  The moment he was given non premium talent in the secondary he just got killed.  I'd also love to see Julio Jones get 3 passes a game and Matt Ryan throw 20 times a game because of ground and pound.

He would have a terrible time in both Chicago and Atlanta because he would set up his D in his fashion and have no talent to pull off his schemes.  A non premium secondary?  We sat this past year and the year before what his pass defense looks like.

Still out-of-character. Sorry I ruined it for you.

No effect whatsover on me.  By the way,  the Jets have a pretty tough schedule this season and so does the bills.  Glad we are opening with  the Browns.  Good team to go up against.  

No effect whatsover on me.  By the way,  the Jets have a pretty tough schedule this season and so does the bills.  Glad we are opening with  the Browns.  Good team to go up against.  

Yeah, okay.

The Jets open against the Browns, so when you say "we" you must mean the Jets. 

So, my point proven. Just a Jets troll pretending to be a middle-aged mom Bills fan with bad dental coverage and anal fizzures. 

Yeah, okay.

The Jets open against the Browns, so when you say "we" you must mean the Jets.

So, my point proven. Just a Jets troll pretending to be a middle-aged mom Bills fan with bad dental coverage and anal fizzures.

You nailed this ape , nice job, I wasn't sure if you were right at first but we have found the missing DRJets

Archived