Calling it now

jgb

again, dont repeat the derisive words from earlier in thread or you may be 86'ed......

As an aside, I assume you realize how hilarious it is to say 'case dismissed' to someone who has argued before the Supreme Court, LOL

It's why I said it.

And yes. I got your msg the first time. Didn't think I've been overly crude. Appreciate you calling for a mod tho. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Projecting 25TD's for him this year and to get comeback player of the year. 

He Threw 17 TD's last year in 12 games or roughly 1.5 TD's per game. So at that pace if he played 16 games he would had thrown about 23-24 TD.

You basically saying he is going to repeat last years performance yet somehow win comeback player of the year for it. I get that your trying to say hes going to be good and see where your coming from but theres no shot at him winning CPOY.  

While I do think Geno will start because "Thats the way the NFL works" - I do agree fitz will likely have good numbers if he starts. 

Lol nice retreat from original argument that a player can't with CPOY if he played the year before.

It's why I said it.

And yes. I got your msg the first time. Didn't think I've been overly crude. Appreciate you calling for a mod tho. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey you're welcome, no problem,, just don't use those words and all will be cool and you can stay :)

Lol nice retreat from original argument that a player can't with CPOY if he played the year before.

Sure Rivers won it after playing - But that doesn't strengthen your argument whatsoever. Phillip Rivers went from being a Pro Bowl QB to being terrible then to playing at a MVP Level.  

Your projecting Fitzpatrick to play at the same pace he did last year and somehow win a comeback player of the year award. 

You simply don't understand what the comeback player of the year award is.  

Sure Rivers won it after playing - But that doesn't strengthen your argument whatsoever. Phillip Rivers went from being a Pro Bowl QB to being terrible then to playing at a MVP Level.  

Your projecting Fitzpatrick to play at the same pace he did last year and somehow win a comeback player of the year award. 

snooze...  semantics, he claims Fitz a good year,,  

A lot of what happened to Phillip Rivers was based on the talent then lack of talent then talent again .... You have to surround good QB's with talent because then they have the chance to become great QB's ...Some guys just never get it and we have had our share of those but we also have lacked talent for a long time and it makes it really hard to judge QB's who have played for this organization. Now that we have what I think is a pretty solid offense just lacking an all around treat at RB and a an O-lineman or 2 there really is no excuse

A lot of what happened to Phillip Rivers was based on the talent then lack of talent then talent again .... You have to surround good QB's with talent because then they have the chance to become great QB's ...Some guys just never get it and we have had our share of those but we also have lacked talent for a long time and it makes it really hard to judge QB's who have played for this organization. Now that we have what I think is a pretty solid offense just lacking an all around treat at RB and a an O-lineman or 2 there really is no excuse

what.. he basically had 1 bad year and it's cause he had no Oline and I think was hurt

Agreed. This is the best year for a QB on the Jets since the one year we had Keller, Braylon and before Santonio signed his extension. 

I would think this year is better. Both of our WR's are tough. Marshall is an elite red zone threat. Our RB's are tough. I would think this might finally be the year our offense will at-least be middle of the pack in the NFL which is a huge step for us. I would also bet that either QB that starts for us will be very successful.

Ryan Fitzpatrick-- comeback player of year. 24tds, 11ints.

I don't see any reason that Fitz can't mirror the career of Jim Plunkett. Just wondering: Does anyone know how Plunkett;s stats before coming to the Raiders compare with Fitz's stats before coming to the Jets? I just have this gut feeling they are pretty similar.

You're right I don't. I don't think "comeback" should be given to someone who is "coming back" just from sucking. It should be coming back from adversity--like having a career year cut short by a busted leg and then catching on with a team with a rookie head coach and turning a 4-12 team into a playoff team. I do love that your are treating my TD/Int prediction as gospel. Raise it to 30TDs if it makes your feel better.

You're right I don't. I don't think "comeback" should be given to someone who is "coming back" just from sucking. It should be coming back from adversity--like having a career year cut short by a busted leg and then catching on with a team with a rookie head coach and turning a 4-12 team into a playoff team. I do love that your are treating my TD/Int prediction as gospel. Raise it to 30TDs if it makes your feel better.

I would totally love to change all of the definitions of every NFL award too. Unfortunately we can't just make things up as we go along in real life-- as theres zero chance of Fitz receiving this award. However you can talk about it all day here in a forum. So go for it. 

its so sad to see a fanbase "shoot for" 24 TD passes in a season from the starting QB

we are dain bramaged in the QB department

If our QB this season throws for 24 TD's we will be in the playoff race at the end of the season. I think we all would take that. 

I would totally love to change all of the definitions of every NFL award too. Unfortunately we can't just make things up as we go along in real life-- as theres zero chance of Fitz receiving this award. However you can talk about it all day here in a forum. So go for it. 

If our QB this season throws for 24 TD's we will be in the playoff race at the end of the season. I think we all would take that. 

that's an average number.  If we are going to dream, lets shoot for 32, lol

What a relief it is to me that I have your permission to share an opinion on a fan board. I can finally be myself and share my thoughts without fear. What a burden that has been lifted.

Fitz has a better chance of getting CPOY than Geno does of starting 6 games. Book that one, also.

broken leg shortened a career year and nfl exile in houston. players have "come back" from less to win the award. philips rivers is one example.

Phillip Rivers was an All Pro in 09, had 20+ turnovers in 2012 and was all-pro again in 2013. That's pure comeback.

You don't get demoted in a career year. Not as a QB.

what.. he basically had 1 bad year and it's cause he had no Oline and I think was hurt

his O line had issues he lost a few receivers and that pretty muc constitutes loss of talent.. no ?/ I mean when you play with guys off the street like the Jets have been so good at your QB usually sucks

his O line had issues he lost a few receivers and that pretty muc constitutes loss of talent.. no ?/ I mean when you play with guys off the street like the Jets have been so good at your QB usually sucks

1 bad year!! and an online that's a sieve is a bigger problem the lack of weaponzzz

Phillip Rivers was an All Pro in 09, had 20+ turnovers in 2012 and was all-pro again in 2013. That's pure comeback.

You don't get demoted in a career year. Not as a QB.

Love all the emotion this thread has stirred up. People really do love some geno

Archived