Ladies and Gentlemen Manish Mehta says Jets will go 8-8

FrankieJets1979

I'll be happy with 8-8 with the Jets winning both contests with the Patriots (hey, I'm a Jets fan) and splitting with Buffalo and Miami..

BB does an excellent job filling holes with average players, but losing three starting DBs (Two Pro Bowl) in two years, plus Wilfork, Ridley...seems to be a bit much to make up for this year and still expect only two losses.

I know its too early to say. We are after all in the pre draft days of the season.

And usually the JETS disappoint on the downside. But I somehow feel this will be the year the JETS most likely surprise on the upside. So they might end up winning 12 odd games.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 wins is possible with this schedule IF things come together right.  Maybe they do come together, maybe they don't.  I think as a Jets fan that's all you can ask for right now.  Things rarely pan out like you plan them anyway.

The Patriots were all-in last season with Revis and Browner.  They are not all-in this year.  That secondary is human again.  Even a troll like TX will concede that point.

In Denver, Peyton Manning's arm strength is really starting to deplete.  The Chargers are close to blowing it all up.  The old Steelers and Ravens defenses are not what they once were.  The Colts D still has weaknesses.  The Bengals are still the Bengals.

The AFC is much more wide open.  Any team that gets hot at the right time is a threat.

How did the Eagles "Dream Team" on paper of a couple years work out?

Again, games are played on the football field, not on paper.

Stop trolling. I'm the one who made it a point to say 'on paper'.

Besides do you really think Buffalo isn't going to be a sh*t show by week 10?

yes but fitz and many other qbs are able to look to secondary or tertiary options. all defenses need to do on geno is overload the primary receiver to make his brain turn into a popsicle

and if by bias you mean "using the best available evidence--his game performances and regression/failure to progress in his second year" then yes, I am biased. I would argue your opinion to "not give up on the kid" is a bias to unsupportable optimism

First of all I don't agree with that assessment but we can agree to disagree.  I think the optimism is supportable in that he is still only 23 years old with 2 years of experience under his belt, and now have bonafide weapons to work with and OC known for getting the best out of his qbs.  

That sh*t show you refer to kicked the Jets ass twice last year.

They are a better team this year.

With Doug Marrone coaching them not Rex "I only coach Defense" Ryan. And what does that have to do with this team with over 15 new players not including the draft? 

I can't stand this little twirp.  An 8-8 season with only 3 playoff teams on the schedule.  Go talk with your imaginary sources manish

Upon first glance, Jets will finish 8-8 in 2015.... The breakdown: W, L, L, W, Bye, W, L, W, W, L, W, L, L, W, L, W, L #nyj

Manish Mehta, former (NOTHING) who played for (NO ONE) and learned football from the great (NOBODY) has accurately predicted (NOTHING) the season. 

Bottom line, Manish is a hack, at best a fan of certain personalities and probably more of a know-nothing than a learned writer. 

LL

First of all I don't agree with that assessment but we can agree to disagree.  I think the optimism is supportable in that he is still only 23 years old with 2 years of experience under his belt, and now have bonafide weapons to work with and OC known for getting the best out of his qbs.  

Yup. Agree to disagree.

• 8 months later...

Apparently not...really thought 10 would be enough for the post season.

10 is just about right.  Who would have thought that a team other than NE or Denver would win 10 in a row like KC?   SMH

Y'all beat me to it... I'm lethargic today... 

Archived