NFL Nation Reporters Predict 3-13 For Jets

flgreen

NFL Nation reporters predict 3-13 for Jets

• Rich Cimini, ESPN New York Jets reporter

Judging from the reaction on Twitter, it appears my 8-8 forecast for the New York Jets was hugely unpopular. Turns out that I'm the optimist, if you can believe that.

The Jets got zero respect from the other NFL Nation reporters. They're apparently not buying into their big-money offseason because, scanning the game-by-game predictions from the reporters that cover teams on the Jets' schedule, the win total is a mere three.

One worse than last season.

The predictions say the Jets will beat the Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins and Buffalo Bills -- and that's all, folks.

The score in the Jets-Browns opener will be 9-6, according to Browns reporter Pat McManamon, who writes, "The Jets, like the Browns, are trying to win this season with defense. These offenses may have folks switching to Hulu by the second quarter. New York’s secondary is too talented for a Browns offense trying to piece itself together, especially in the first week."

The Jets' uncertainty at quarterback is mentioned in six of the 16 predictions. My colleagues around the league must think Marty Mornhinweg still is calling plays on offense because they have the Jets scoring more than 21 points in only one game -- a 23-19 win over Rex Ryan's Bills, of all teams. That would be ironic, considering the Bills undoubtedly will field the greatest defense since the '85 Bears -- a Ryan prediction waiting to happen.

The most lighthearted forecast comes from Patriots reporter Mike Reiss, who offers:

"Here’s what we see in the crystal ball: His confidence rising after signingDarrelle Revis away from the Patriots, Jets owner Woody Johnson shares with reporters after the game that he was impressed with the way Patriots soon-to-be-free-agents Nate SolderChandler Jones and Dont’a Hightower looked and thinks they might be good fits in New York next year." He predicts a New England win, 24-13.

Don't you love the offseason?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the additions the team made and the 4-12 soft schedule I would be disappointed with less then that..

The addition of 3 30+ year old FA's will take the Jets from 4 wins to 9 wins?

That 4-12 soft schedule is the exact same schedule as the Pats, except for 2 games.

people are lazy.  an NFL teams reputation is 100% on the QB

people think jets = geno

geno's reputation stinks, that all this proves

most fans, reporters don't know the jets signed harvard or that he played well recently

Jags have a lot of talented young players on their team from all their recent top 10 picks.

I'm not saying that there isn't hope for that team in the future. I just don't think they are THAT good right now, nor are we THAT bad right now. I'll believe it when I see it. I actually think the Browns and the Bills will be tougher games than the Jags. The only thing that the Jags have over the Browns and Bills, IMHO, is possibly a better QB situation.

At the moment I'm enjoying watching the Mets make a mockery of every pundit's predictions.  Making W-L predictions in the NFL before the draft is about as dumb as passing from the 1 yard line with Lynch in the backfield.

At the moment I'm enjoying watching the Mets make a mockery of every pundit's predictions.  Making W-L predictions in the NFL before the draft is about as dumb as passing from the 1 yard line with Lynch in the backfield.

It was the 2 yard line, but I agree with everything else you said - GO METS!!!

No idea what the final record will be, but I find it ridiculous for anyone to predict that 3-13 will be it.  There's no way that the Jets, after shipping the clown show off to Buffalo, putting adults in charge, upgrading the defense into potentially one of the very best in the league, and significantly upgrading the offense, will finish a game worse than that "product" they had the nerve to put on the field last year managed to produce.

The addition of 3 30+ year old FA's will take the Jets from 4 wins to 9 wins?

That 4-12 soft schedule is the exact same schedule as the Pats, except for 2 games.

I was excited about landing Revis, Marshall and Cromartie at first because they're all good to great players. Then I realized they will all be 30 or over by week 1, and that will cause the Jets to lose 13 games this season.

3-13 is a joke, who gives a rats ass what the "experts" say.  

We were ridiculed for selecting Sheldon Richardson, we're one of those franchises in the league that until we win an SB people will always doubt us.  

Jerry Reese has made miserable move one after another for years  (paid Dwayne Harris a kick returner 7 mil) and not a peep on the Giants

Archived