NFL Nation Reporters Predict 3-13 For Jets

flgreen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The addition of 3 30+ year old FA's will take the Jets from 4 wins to 9 wins?

That 4-12 soft schedule is the exact same schedule as the Pats, except for 2 games.

You just say things that on the surface are true but don't actually make any point much less the one you're trying to get across.

I doubt we'll be good, but this stupid team pulled off 4 wins last year. Thinking more in the 6 to 7 range.

We had 4 wins fair and square, 3 robbed by refs at the beginning of the season and two games lost to Pats due to a blocked FG each. As sh*tty as we played last year, we still cod have managed 7-8 wins with some correct calls and slightly better play from the FG unit.

8-9 games should be very achievable this year and 10 is a good possibility.

Yup, MUCH better secondary, better receivers, better qb (Fitz) = worse record. ******* dume.

Some of these guys aren't alone...there might be one or two folks around here who have spent the last few weeks trying to make a case for improved talent having nothing to do with improved performance.  I don't get it either.

The Jets are 3-13 in April before the draft? I'm okay with that. Make us 32nd in the "Power Rankings" too. And dis' our coach for not being sufficiently "entertaining." I'm okay with those too.  :tumbleweed:

Actually, the Jets are ranked 26th in the Power Rankings.

3-13 is a joke.

I'd put up $5000 of my own money on a bet like that. Anyone that throws something out there like that prediction is just looking to stir up the emotions of Jets fans.

Guy would be sweating bullets after we beat the Browns.

Bashing the Jets is just fun for some writers.

3-13 is a joke.

I'd put up $5000 of my own money on a bet like that. Anyone that throws something out there like that prediction is just looking to stir up the emotions of Jets fans.

Guy would be sweating bullets after we beat the Browns.

Bashing the Jets is just fun for some writers.

3-13 might be an extreme, but 95% of all the analysts, writers and football sites out there have the jets anywhere between 3-6 wins.

But everyone of them is wrong.

Rich Semen, reports that moron nation expects the New York Jets to cancel the NFL 2015 season, due to its inability to field an NFL team. Instead it will play local area High School where it's predicted its record will be 1-9.

Folks its just fine by me that all the "experts" expect us to suck. I hope all the teams we play look right past us as well.

Remember last season we lost some close games against very good teams and a Super Bowl winner, with basically spare parts playing. We also have a coaching staff who could not get out of there own way at times, as well.

If it plays out as I expect, we are going to surprise the hell out of some teams and make quite a few eat crow.

I'm not saying that there isn't hope for that team in the future. I just don't think they are THAT good right now, nor are we THAT bad right now. I'll believe it when I see it. I actually think the Browns and the Bills will be tougher games than the Jags. The only thing that the Jags have over the Browns and Bills, IMHO, is possibly a better QB situation.

The Jags have a much better Reciever situation (as a whole) than the Bills and Browns too, they drafted 2 early last year and they picked up Julius Thomas (who they did over pay). every year good teams get beat by bad ones, and I would bet the Jags game is closer than you think.

3-13 might be an extreme, but 95% of all the analysts, writers and football sites out there have the jets anywhere between 3-6 wins.

But everyone of them is wrong.

Might be extreme?

Jets lost to Pats by 2 blocked FG attempts.

Jets lost both games to the Bills last year. Always tough to sweep division opponents.

With an improved secondary & one of the best Dlines in football the Jets will face Carr, Cassell or EJ Manuel, Tannyhill who they crushed last year, Bortles, McCown or Manziel, Mettenburger, RG3, Bradford, Eli (statue who better get great pass pro vs Jets).

3 games? Seriously?

Might be extreme?

Jets lost to Pats by 2 blocked FG attempts.

Jets lost both games to the Bills last year. Always tough to sweep division opponents.

With an improved secondary & one of the best Dlines in football the Jets will face Carr, Cassell or EJ Manuel, Tannyhill who they crushed last year, Bortles, McCown or Manziel, Mettenburger, RG3, Bradford, Eli (statue who better get great pass pro vs Jets).

3 games? Seriously?

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I didn't predict the Jets to go 3-13.

I agree with you, the Jets improved their football team.

They should be able to win 5-7 games this year.

name espn gives to its blender of best writers covering all teams and blogged together.. Its a 'Brand', LOL

Specifically, its the gaggle of former beat writers where were hired when ESPN launched its locally branded subsites like ESPN New York, ESPN Chicago, ESPN Obnoxious Douchelan.... err, I mean 'Boston.'

If you read the article, no individual is predicting 3-13 for the Jets, it's a compilation of beat writers for the teams on the Jets' schedule predictions for the teams they cover. So when the guy covering the Jags or Titans or Raiders is looking to find wins for his team, of course he's going to pick the 4-12, Geno Smith led Jets.

Back in February, Vegas had the over/under number on Jets wins at 6.5 (flying in the face of Tx's bullsh*t 95% comment). And that was before free agency. Before the Jets completely rebuilt their secondary, or traded for Marshall or Fitzpatrick, etc.

No One cares about Ryan Fitzpatrick. This is ridiculous dude has never led any team to the playoffs None.

Because he is a jet now that doesn't change his Career everyone knows what there getting from Fitz. So don't expect them to think high of us because we added Ryan Fitzpatrick .

That being said we have won 8 games with Geno when he shouldn't have been on the field on one of the worst teams we ever fielded.. I don't see how we can only win 3 games with a Much Better overall team regardless of who the QB is.

post-28804-0-74047100-1429796464_thumb.j

Not one winning season under his belt

No One cares about Ryan Fitzpatrick. This is ridiculous dude has never led any team to the playoffs None.

Because he is a jet now that doesn't change his Career everyone knows what there getting from Fitz. So don't expect them to think high of us because we added Ryan Fitzpatrick .

That being said we have won 8 games with Geno when he shouldn't have been on the field on one of the worst teams we ever fielded.. I don't see how we can only win 3 games with a Much Better overall team regardless of who the QB is.

So....

Is Fitzy better than Geno?

That's the Vegas betting line.

It has nothing to do with what the analysts, writers or football sites are saying.

Exactly....I'd take a vegas estimate over any analyst on the planet.

That's the Vegas betting line.

It has nothing to do with what the analysts, writers or football sites are saying.

That doesn't change the fact that your comment that 95% of analysts, writers, or football sites are predicting 3-6 wins for the Jets is complete bullsh*t. I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to find a single one actually predicting 3 wins.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not one winning season under his belt

Remember when Fitz had a bit of success in Buffalo (2011, I think)?  Those dopes immediately give the guy a $60 million extension, after which he goes completely into the tank.  lol  I was so happy to see the Bills eat sh*t for that move.

IMO, Fitz--although a mile better than Geno in terms of talent and smarts--will take us nowhere.  The future Jet QB still is not on our roster.

At the moment I'm enjoying watching the Mets make a mockery of every pundit's predictions. Making W-L predictions in the NFL before the draft is about as dumb as passing from the 1 yard line with Lynch in the backfield.

I knew the mets were going to be good and I'm not even a mets fan. Too much good starting pitching.

Archived