Predraft Presser [LIVE]

DaBallhawk

Agreed. But he didn't fail here because of how he handled the media, he failed because he just wouldn't improve the team in the offseason and his drafts were horrible. He was in over his head, he didn't know what he was doing. In terms of handling the media I thought he did a good job mostly, despite having Rex there who kept cracking jokes. He was trying to be all business and keep it professinal, he never really said too much, never gave out too much info. I liked that. The rest of him I hated.

The thing is when Idzik did speak it never spoke confidently like he know what he was doing.  Everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt the first year b/c it was a change most wanted and he was severely handcuffed with the cap.  It wasn't really until last year that we saw he was a poor negotiator and apparently was a shut in and not a team player in the organization.

Since Macc has come in up until his pre-draft presser he is a man that sounds like he has a definitive plan and has an actual answer for the Jets.  (And he already proved his negotiating chops as well for bringing in some big time talent) Only time will tell but I do think this is a night and day difference between GMs and I'm happy we had Idzik for 2 years b/c without a GM steering the Jets into a glacier we may not have gotten the significant change we needed in the organization.

I couldn't be more excited about where this org goes from here under Macc and Bowles.

it is so reassuring to finally have a personnel guy as gm.  how different is this, i actually am not worried about who they pick.

Wasn't Bradway a personnel guy?

if they trade down i can't help but think they're going OL in the first, then going rb/wr later on.  he just said you can get wrs in later rounds.

I think earlier in the week he said you find offensive linemen in later rounds. 

Disturbing visual right there

As long as they do it on the air, I won't have to worry about seeing or hearing it.  Of course one of these mooks will post it on here and then I will be stuck.

I'll save my comments for when the article arrives here, LOL, But I think he could be more then just solid.   As you pointed out, he is a 3rd or 4th round talent.

Good job

Yep...I like what I've seen from him and scouting reports are very good.  Great instinct/effort guy...I think he should be average at the very least...could be very good.

Idzik was a "breath of fresh air" because he wanted to build "sustainable success"...every new HC/GM we bring in is the same "breath of fresh air" until they aren't.

2 Major differences 1. Macc wouldn't have taken the job with Rex still here 2. Idzik wasn't a scout or pro personnel guy 

the next couple drafts are going to be interesting 

2 Major differences 1. Macc wouldn't have taken the job with Rex still here 2. Idzik wasn't a scout or pro personnel guy 

the next couple drafts are going to be interesting 

Point is...every coach/gm the Jets have hired in the 28 years I've been a fan is always the same "breath of fresh air"...I'm not saying these guys will fail like all the others  have, I just think it's funny to see it unfold the same way every time.  Hopefully with Bowles and Mac it ends differently!

What worries me are the constant public appearances with BOTH the 5 o'clock shadow AND the goatee.  You got to go one way or the other.  Tells me he may be indecisive.

It's a smoke scree=n.   He could trade up or down....I can shave it off or let it grow.

What worries me are the constant public appearances with BOTH the 5 o'clock shadow AND the goatee.  You got to go one way or the other.  Tells me he may be indecisive.

This tells me the man works too damn hard and doesn't give a poo what the media thinks of his looks.

LIKE A BOSS!  :winking0001:

The thing is when Idzik did speak it never spoke confidently like he know what he was doing.  Everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt the first year b/c it was a change most wanted and he was severely handcuffed with the cap.  It wasn't really until last year that we saw he was a poor negotiator and apparently was a shut in and not a team player in the organization.

Since Macc has come in up until his pre-draft presser he is a man that sounds like he has a definitive plan and has an actual answer for the Jets.  (And he already proved his negotiating chops as well for bringing in some big time talent) Only time will tell but I do think this is a night and day difference between GMs and I'm happy we had Idzik for 2 years b/c without a GM steering the Jets into a glacier we may not have gotten the significant change we needed in the organization.

I couldn't be more excited about where this org goes from here under Macc and Bowles.

For me Idzik was done when he said last year during his state of the team presser that the Jets as "currently" constituted had more than enough talent to win!  That "execution" was the key problem not the lack of talent..

That for me showed that Idzik was INCOMPETENT!!!

^^^ that is until the stupid jets fans run him out of town.

Honestly it would of been nice to see what idzik could of done with cap space he himself created. Idzik did draft the droy when everyone hated the pick. Can't knock him for everything. I do like Mccags way better though

Jesus Christ if I hear this nonsense again...... Idzik didn't clear squat, those contract were all set to clear up well before he showed up. He did nothing but execute the cuts Tanny already had set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know !   what is he, too busy to shave ?

you are either a lumberjack or an executive make up your mind !

I know ! what is he, too busy to shave ?

you are either a lumberjack or an executive make up your mind !

All I care about is he can Draft, create reasonable contracts, and runs a Professional outfit. All of which are massive upgrades on Trader Mike, John Idzik, or Terry Bradway that we've had to endure for the last 15 years.

Both Bowles & Mac are talking the talk. Love their communication skills, they say a lot by saying very little.

Unlike Rex who expounded on every subject but said nothing of importance.

So, now they just need to walk the walk.

Should be a breath of fresh air to follow a team that does their talking on the field again. The false bravado of the past 3 years was stale as hell.

Archived