Concerned about Dupree

mrsaucy21

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dupree and Beasley both are a little undersized to be edge guys, they will get manhandled by NFL tackles.  Fowler and Gregory are the only ones with enough size to justify top 10 picks (however Gregory's other issues could drop him out of top 10).

I know what the official numbers are, I'm talking about what these players play to on the field.  Watch the tape, Dupree plays in space, he rarely found himself banging around on the line of scrimmage, which an NFL edge guy needs to do.

jetscrazey, you ARE crazey!

This player plays to being a little undersized to be an edge guy on the field?  Does he impersonate Barkevious Mingo?

I'm good with Dupree, if we trade down, not at 6. If your Picking at 6 its:-

Cooper.

White.

Mariota.

Beasley.

Would you take Leonard if he fell?

I think Beasley & Fowler drop Leonard out of top 5 if QBs go 1 & 2

"Freakish athlete with chiseled frame. Posted incredible 42-inch vertical leap and 4.56 40 at the combine while weighing 269 pounds. Outstanding power with ability to rag-doll tight ends at will. . . . Explosive closing burst. . . . Raw, but learning with huge growth potential as a player........"

This was one analysts words for Dupree.  Sounds like Gholsten and dare I say VLAD or Stephen Hill.

Say NO to potential in the 1st round. NO to Dupree in round 1.  Raw but learning....  nuff said, PASS.

I'm good with Dupree, if we trade down, not at 6. If your Picking at 6 its:-

Cooper.

White.

Mariota.

Beasley.

Would you take Leonard if he fell?

I think Beasley & Fowler drop Leonard out of top 5 if QBs go 1 & 2

I probably know even less about these guys than usual, but I would tend to see it this way too.  I am probably higher on Dupree than most - except maybe Gato, but I would imagine the top 7 would be the 2 QBs the 2 WRs, Beasley, Fowler and L. Williams.  I assume we are taking one of them and Mariota might actually be primed for the longest fall.

"Freakish athlete with chiseled frame. Posted incredible 42-inch vertical leap and 4.56 40 at the combine while weighing 269 pounds. Outstanding power with ability to rag-doll tight ends at will. . . . Explosive closing burst. . . . Raw, but learning with huge growth potential as a player........"

This was one analysts words for Dupree.  Sounds like Gholsten and dare I say VLAD or Stephen Hill.

Say NO to potential in the 1st round. NO to Dupree in round 1.  Raw but learning....  nuff said, PASS.

Great athlete = potential bust?  Do you hear yourself?  The single word "raw" was the only thing in that analysis that wasn't positively glowing and it was fully qualified.

NFL linemen are very different from college linemen.   Many of the bigger linemen were able to manhandle Dupree which is why I don't think the #6 overall pick is justified for him.  If the Jets had the 12th pick or higher, I'd accept drafting him a lot more.  That's all I'm saying.

He has Maybin written all over him

Great athlete = potential bust?  Do you hear yourself?  The single word "raw" was the only thing in that analysis that wasn't positively glowing and it was fully qualified.

Yes...   Maybin and Gholsten were exactly the same.  reduce risk....  a 1st round player that doesn't contribute sets us back. Milner, Pryor etc.

I am tired of potential.  I wouldn't draft him in the 1st 20 picks. Risk if he  being manhandled in the NFL IMO is good.

Yes...   Maybin and Gholsten were exactly the same.  reduce risk....  a 1st round player that doesn't contribute sets us back. Milner, Pryor etc.

I am tired of potential.  I wouldn't draft him in the 1st 20 picks. Risk if he  being manhandled in the NFL IMO is good.

Stop making stupid statements.  Make up your ******* mind.  Is he Gholston?  Maybin?  Stephen Hill? Vlad Ducasse?  That pig and elephant DNA just won't splice

Stop making stupid statements.  Make up your ******* mind.  Is he Gholston?  Maybin?  Stephen Hill? Vlad Ducasse?  That pig and elephant DNA just won't splice

I have....  I dont want him in the top 20 picks.  You like him, you wanna pay for potential. Go right ahead.

I am tired of developmental players in early rounds.

Remember...many experts agree with me as well.

I have....  I dont want him in the top 20 picks.  You like him, you wanna pay for potential. Go right ahead.

I am tired of developmental players in early rounds.

Remember...many experts agree with me as well.

You can not like a guy and fear his bust potential without comparing him to every single player that didn't work out for us.  Comparing him to Gholston and Maybin is pretty lazy, especially considering how different they were.

BTW, every single player in the NFL is drafted on potential. 

You can not like a guy and fear his bust potential without comparing him to every single player that didn't work out for us.  Comparing him to Gholston and Maybin is pretty lazy, especially considering how different they were.

BTW, every single player in the NFL is drafted on potential. 

I bet you liked Kyle Wilson too.  

his play doesn't match up to his measurables because he has to read and react 

imagine this kid trying to keep up with the eagles offense ?

he would be 3 steps behind

I have had my fill of guys who aren't instinctive football players

do not want

I am not banging the table for Dupree.  That doesn't make him, or any other guy with a good combine (Vic Beasley for instance) Vernon Gholston.

Agree with that..I would take him with any pick at or around 20. I simply believe that having seen Vlad, Wilson, Hill etc... The JETS historically take fliers in early rounds. It rarely works out well.

Drafting well is a crap shoot so one of my business mantras is remove as much uncertainty as possible.

I believe this is draft worthy as well.

If that's how you feel, imagine the guys who were way less productive and nowhere the athlete he is against them. I'm looking at you, Fowler and Ray!

the National Broad-jump League is in Lithuania

I don't like the pot heads

I don't like the character cases

I don't like the guys with the dreaded "not very instinctive" label

the biggest difference between the NFL and college is the speed of the game.  lets stay away form they guy who doesn't play fast

Here is an interesting one:

image: http://walterfootball.com/jscss/Images/Logos/MED/JAC.gif

JAC.gif Jaguars: Alvin DupreeOutside LinebackerKentucky

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Kentucky_logo.gif

Kentucky_logo.gif

This is the one big flyer of pick i have in the first round. Kentucky is not a big football factory, but after all the tape is seen I think the guy will be the best all around pick at DE. THe other DE/OLB are better pure rushers, but I think this guy is better to help build a long standing defense with. Like I said, the one big surprise in my picks.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/31151#B8Gf5ZMfhh9F6CYj.99

Why is it interesting?  Well it is just a "reader mock" on Walter Football, but it was pre-combine from January.  

the National Broad-jump League is in Lithuania

I don't like the pot heads

I don't like the character cases

I don't like the guys with the dreaded "not very instinctive" label

the biggest difference between the NFL and college is the speed of the game. lets stay away form they guy who doesn't play fast

Dupree plays plenty fast and isn't one of those three things. The whole speed of the game thing is exactly why guys like Fowler and Ray aren't even close as prospects. They couldn't be as consistent or productive in college, they're nowhere near the athletes, why would any of that change in the pros?

Archived