I want Mariota...Here's how.

YankeeJet22

I want Mariota.
..no secret.  No way he makes it to 6.  Here's my plan... 

Here’s YankeeJet22 Mock draft up to our pick. (IDGF after we pick.)

1 Tampa- Marcus Mariota

2 Tenn- Leonard Williams

3 Jax- Dante Fowler Jr

4 Raiders- Amari Cooper

5 Redskins- Todd Girlie

6 Jets- Jameis Winston

***TRADE***

The Tampa Bay Bucs make a pre-draft agreement with the NY Jets, where they agree to draft Mariota for the Jets. The Jets convince the Bucs that they can still get Winston, but also pick up a 2015 3rd Rounder, and a 2016 1st Rounder OR Mo Wilkerson. The Bucs feel Mariota is a worthwhile consolation prize in the event that Winston is drafted before he gets to the Jets at 6.

The Jets are convinced that Mariota is right for them, and worth the 1st rounder they’d have to surrender.

Why would Tampa do this?

It guarantees them one of the top two QBs, with the possibility of gaining a player/picks along with one of the QBs.

Why not trade with a team before the Jets 6th pick?

Tenn wouldn’t. They’re already in position to take one of the two.

Jax wouldn’t. Bortles.

Oak wouldn’t. Carr.

Washington, Doubt it. Would they send multiple picks for a QB after the RG111 thing? 
So, No.
Why not get more from a team after the 6th pick?

Because then both QBs are taken by 6, the Jets would be one of them.

Fire away!

Mariota = Alex Smith which is both bad and good depending on your view point.

I really do think Mariota and the huge interest in him top 6 is a big smoke screen to facilitate trades.  If no trades are made I am saying right now he is the faller of the draft.  There is always one of them each draft.

Neither Winston or Mariotta will be there so you may as well forget about it... and don't trade up.

Sean Mannion Round 3 is the move.  BIG arm and put up BIG numbers with players around him.  While slow, reasonably good pocket awareness.

If we by some act of fate get the best QB in the draft why would we give somebody something to take him for a QB not as good.  Im not a draft buy but,"Come on man."

"some act of fate"?  It would be a pre-draft agreement for the Bucs to pass on him.  Read.

Collusion is not permitted in the NFL and no way we land Winston if he's not #1. PLENTY of teams would mortgage their future for a shot at a Pro-Ready, Heisman winning, D1A National Champion & semi-finalist who HAS YET to be convicted of a major crime.

Not going to happen. Wishful fantasizing at best

Collusion is not permitted in the NFL and no way we land Winston if he's not #1. PLENTY of teams would mortgage their future for a shot at a Pro-Ready, Heisman winning, D1A National Champion & semi-finalist who HAS YET to be convicted of a major crime.

Not going to happen. Wishful fantasizing at best

Collusion? I don't think so... The vaGiants got Eli that way.  Chargers drafted Eli at 1.  vaGiants drafted Philip Rivers at 4.  They then made the trade.

Btw, Winston whether you like it or not, has some baggage.  It is my belief that if the Bucs take Mariota, Winston will fall to the Jets.  It would be a win win for the Bucs if they get Winston from the Jets, and get picks/players.  And should someone pick JW before the Jets pick, they keep Mariota.

I'd trade down in the second and take Mariota. Otherwise I want no part of him. Never called a play in a huddle, never took a snap under center, ran a one read offense and only went to other options when the play broke down, has a significant drop in accuracy when going to second and 3rd reads on broken plays, and doesn't set his feet properly. If you can't stash him on your bench for 2 years then you don't take him, and in no case do you take him in the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived