Shane Ray busted for pot possession

Matt39

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all of these "questionable players" dropping, Ray, Gregory, DGB (already been stupid), If the Jets are TRULY going BPA then I'd like to see them buck the trend & take Todd Gurley at #6.

Ivory, Ridley, Gurley is a kick azz trio of backs. At 37 they could draft Phillip Dorset to take the top off the defense like Wesley Walker use to do.

If the Jets are serious about finally fixing our ancient offense then let's do it!

That's a formidable offensive group.

Decker, Marshall, Kerley, Dorset, Amaro, Ivory, Gurley, Ridley.

It's time we used our top picks on offensive game changers, I don't see any player better than Gurley at that 6th pick.

I'd take him right off the board, rip his name tag up and toss it in the dust bin.  Is that too harsh?  Okay I'd stick him on my board in the 4th round and we all know he'll be gone by then.

He either has a Manziel/Goodson like problem in which he will be in rehab and have an NFL strike already or is the dumbest most selfish player in the draft, neither one is good.  The viable OLB pass rusher pool is shrinking.  I hope he drops to round 3 just because abject stupidity should not be rewarded but some team will take him in the 1st.

You don't see how a guy who profiles as a straight Michael Sam falls out of the first round injured and stoned? Shall I draw a map?

Very easily, it only takes one dumb ass team with a dumb ass front office to think they are getting a 'steal.'

LOL, it's not even like he just happened to test positive. That's, at least, a somewhat acceptable shrug...possibly. The ******* moron on 35 grams on him a week before the draft???

He didn't have 35 g on him, he was charged with possession of under 35 g.  I'm assuming that state law changes from a citation to a felony at 35 g's.

Read he only actually had a few roaches.  Still your point is well taken.  What a bone head riding around smoking weed a few days before the draft

I'd take him right off the board, rip his name tag up and toss it in the dust bin. Is that too harsh? Okay I'd stick him on my board in the 4th round and we all know he'll be gone by then.

He either has a Manziel/Goodson like problem in which he will be in rehab and have an NFL strike already or is the dumbest most selfish player in the draft, neither one is good. The viable OLB pass rusher pool is shrinking. I hope he drops to round 3 just because abject stupidity should not be rewarded but some team will take him in the 1st.

I think there's a decent chance he'll be there in the fourth

Pot is now legal in many states What the heck is the big deal!!!

And I don't even drink but pot has less negative impacts on a person than booze.

Come on already.

Good Grief

Is it illegal where he was?   If you are in the NFL and you test, are you in trouble?

If you can't got 5 more days, knowing what kind of contract you are about to get, you are a moron.  It's not a philosophical debate.  I think it should be legal.  Right now, to play in the NFL, you can't smoke. 

And again, the draft if in 2 days.  He can't go 3 days without?  What.  A.  Moron.   Just cost himself millions and millions.

And I don't even drink but pot has less negative impacts on a person than booze.

Come on already.

Good Grief

Its not about the pot.  Its about the stupid.  If tomatoes were illegal, and they got caught eating tomato salads, it would still be stupid.  With the draft around the corner and the future hinging on looking and performing your best for potential employers...you get arrested.  All you had to do was not possess the illegal substance, whatever it is.  Poor decision making and irresponsible behavior are the issue, not the weed.

You don't see how a guy who profiles as a straight Michael Sam falls out of the first round injured and stoned? Shall I draw a map?

Basiing it on the guy being rated in mid teens by ever rating and scouting service I've seen, seems like a player some solid organization at the end of rd 1 will take a flyer on.

We'll see

Basiing it on the guy being rated in mid teens by ever rating and scouting service I've seen, seems like a player some solid organization at the end of rd 1 will take a flyer on.

We'll see

Whether or not he goes in the second round (or further back) is a better debate at this point imo. 

Come on already.

Good Grief

It's not about that, it's about being too stupid to avoid a banned substance the days leading up to the draft. It shows a lack of intelligence and maturity you want from your 1st overall pick.

I'm a pot smoker so I don't think this makes him a bad guy but it does make him hard to draft in the top 10.

This is so much worse than the Gregory situation imo. Gregory tested positive for it. That means his **** up could have been months ago, maybe after a game at a party... Stupid but understandable for a college student. Imo the common thread with situations like Gregory is probably closer to, "oh they can get me/you something to mask it." or "it will be out of my system by then..." etc etc..."don't worry about it yet..." This loser is driving around the wrong side of the road at 4 in the morning with it on him 3 days for the biggest payday of his life. 

This is so much worse than the Gregory situation imo. Gregory tested positive for it. That means his **** up could have been months ago, maybe after a game at a party... Stupid but understandable for a college student. Imo the common thread with situations like Gregory is probably closer to, "oh they can get me/you something to mask it." or "it will be out of my system by then..." etc etc..."don't worry about it yet..." This loser is driving around the wrong side of the road at 4 in the morning with it on him 3 days for the biggest payday of his life. 

sounds like a killer draft pre party to me

Its not about the pot.  Its about the stupid.  If tomatoes were illegal, and they got caught eating tomato salads, it would still be stupid.  With the draft around the corner and the future hinging on looking and performing your best for potential employers...you get arrested.  All you had to do was not possess the illegal substance, whatever it is.  Poor decision making and irresponsible behavior are the issue, not the weed.

I could not agree more. 

Come on already.

Good Grief

Most GMs don't care about the Pot. But how can you invest top dollar pick in a guy who can't even keep himself out of trouble 3 days before the draft ? It show bad judgement on his part and makes it hard for someone team trust you.

Now he will be in the first phase of the drug program which I believe is drug test all the time instead of Once a year , add this mess to fact he is dealing with Injury . He gonna sink

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/11/map-united-states-legal-marijuana-2014-2016

It's legal in FOUR states at a recreational level. Meaning, any adult over the age of 21 is allowed to consume (Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Colorado), it's also "recreational" in our nation's capital.  That's right. DC likes to light em up.   

AND that's not counting the states which allow medicinal use.  For all intents and purposes it is "legal" in close to THIRTY states.  They all have different qualifiers (noted in the link above), but for the state of California, for example, being allowed to smoke pot is as simple as getting a note from a "doctor".  The note costs $40-$80.  The "doctors" advertise their cash only practice out in the open, and the list of acceptable ailments is probably 40-something boo-boos deep including: back pain, headaches, nausea, lack of appetite, sleeplessness, restlessness...it goes on and on. 

FWIW, Shane Ray got busted in Missouri.  Not good. The way their laws are written are as follows:

Thank you!!

I didn't have the time nor the inclination to respond to the folks who say its "illegal" or the four states that have legalized this drug are somehow insignificant.

Also I cant believe in this day of crazy government overreach people are actually saying any law that it is on the book is justifiable!!!!

Here is just one example:

In this one a man was subject to a forced colonoscopy because police believed he was clenching his buttocks during a routine stop in a parking lot.  Wake up!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQp8If_vS3k

Good Grief!!!

Thank you!!

I didn't have the time nor the inclination to respond to the folks who say its "illegal" or the four states that have legalized this drug are somehow insignificant.

Also I cant believe in this day of crazy government overreach people are actually saying any law that it is on the book is justifiable!!!!

Here is just one example:

In this one a man was subject to a forced colonoscopy because police believed he was clenching his buttocks during a routine stop in a parking lot.  Wake up!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQp8If_vS3k

Good Grief!!!

it's illegal in all 50 states

the feds just have decided not to bust balls unless it causes problems in neighboring states from where it has been decriminalized

the important thing for jets fans is it is illegal in NJ and against NFL policy

Archived