Jets being contacted for Wilkerson

prime21

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so there is the hole I was talking about lololololol

Well, Mo doesn't just die. We get something in return. Whether it's a QB or a 1st round pick. We can afford a hole at DE because it gets fixed by just promoting Q. We'll then have 2 1st round picks to close the hole (we had anyway, it's not like we don't have a hole at OLB whether Mo stays or not. Q is not an OLB) at OLB and QB. And another 2nd rounder to get a deep threat or a RB or whatever.

coples is not mo

ik is not mo

you guys are nuts

I don't want to trade Mo but you can't deny that it would make some sense. What do you do with Mo, Coples, Snacks & Sheldon in a 3-4? None of those guys are linebackers. I'm sure you can create specific packages where you have all 4 of them on the field but Q showed last year when he replaced Mo that he has All Pro upside. Mo already is All Pro caliber.

Why is this shocking to anyone?

Just the idea that Mo Wilkerson & his agent are showing their disappointment that the Jets aren't rushing to sign him long term by shunning non-mandatory offseason workouts is a statement.

Anyone who thinks that Mos agent isn't using players like Watt & Suh is delusional. That's what agents do when their client is overvalued. Mo had a crappy 2nd half last year & was barely missed when he was out injured.

Smart teams get max value, especially if another team places more value on him based on the fact they are in desperate need of a good DT. The Jets already have one of the best in Sheldon. Plus they have Coples.

If we pay Mo some crazy azz contract & then have to pay Sheldon even more (which we will based on the fact he's even better than Mo), we'll suffer somewhere else.

I'd rather keep adding to our offense so we can finally score points so our defense gets to play with leads for once.

Like someone said in another thread, it's not just about resigning Mo, it's about giving him a 72 million dollar contract for having 1 & 1/2 sacks in the final 8 games of 2014! Really?

I'd rather draft Scherff, Parker, Gurley, Howard if we got the ammunition to by moving Mo.

That would make the Jets a MUCH BETTER TEAM going forward.

Well, Mo doesn't just die. We get something in return. Whether it's a QB or a 1st round pick. We can afford a hole at DE because it gets fixed by just promoting Q. We'll then have 2 1st round picks to close the hole (we had anyway, it's not like we don't have a hole at OLB whether Mo stays or not. Q is not an OLB) at OLB and QB. And another 2nd rounder to get a deep threat or a RB or whatever.

When Mangini came in he got rid of 2 All Pro's Abe and Mawae good thing Mangold worked out..

Make rivers happen. Make him happen by losing Wilkerson? Absolutely. I really hate the idea of breaking up this DLine before I had a chance to watch them(I'm a believer in coples), but rivers is worth it, IMO.

Maybe we can get involved in the three-way trade conversations, too?

Rivers and no Wilkerson = deep playoff run. Make rivers happen. Rivers is a pipe dream, I know, but I'm hoping Big Mac pulls it out of his ass.

Excited for this draft...shame it's in Chicago.

I don't want to trade Mo but you can't deny that it would make some sense. What do you do with Mo, Coples, Snacks & Sheldon in a 3-4? None of those guys are linebackers. I'm sure you can create specific packages where you have all 4 of them on the field but Q showed last year when he replaced Mo that he has All Pro upside. Mo already is All Pro caliber.

To me your All Pro when you make it on the field..Maybe Mo should try to make a Pro Bowl first.. :winking0001:

Ok, trading him for Phillip Rivers is one thing. For extra picks would make me puke. If they lose him to FA I will puke. Keep your owns stars for **** sake...unless you get a Franchise QB back in exchange.

This.  The Jets will never get better if they keep trading away their good players.

Why is this shocking to anyone?

Just the idea that Mo Wilkerson & his agent are showing their disappointment that the Jets aren't rushing to sign him long term by shunning non-mandatory offseason workouts is a statement.

Anyone who thinks that Mos agent isn't using players like Watt & Suh is delusional. That's what agents do when their client is overvalued. Mo had a crappy 2nd half last year & was barely missed when he was out injured.

Smart teams get max value, especially if another team places more value on him based on the fact they are in desperate need of a good DT. The Jets already have one of the best in Sheldon. Plus they have Coples.

If we pay Mo some crazy azz contract & then have to pay Sheldon even more (which we will based on the fact he's even better than Mo), we'll suffer somewhere else.

I'd rather keep adding to our offense so we can finally score points so our defense gets to play with leads for once.

Like someone said in another thread, it's not just about resigning Mo, it's about giving him a 72 million dollar contract for having 1 & 1/2 sacks in the final 8 games of 2014! Really?

I'd rather draft Scherff, Parker, Gurley, Howard if we got the ammunition to by moving Mo.

That would make the Jets a MUCH BETTER TEAM going forward.

You're telling the truth right there. Whats even crazier is that alot of Jet fans are up in arms about possibly not extending/trading Wilkerson when we have all the depth to replace him, and they are willing to throw all type of money at him, yet when Revis (or Mevi$) was holding out fans were more than happy to rid the guy when we had absolutely no replacement for him. Yet cried for him back when they realized that he was in fact worth the money given the fact that we didnt have a replacement. 

I just dont get it. 

Make rivers happen. Make him happen by losing Wilkerson? Absolutely. I really hate the idea of breaking up this DLine before I had a chance to watch them(I'm a believer in coples), but rivers is worth it, IMO.

Maybe we can get involved in the three-way trade conversations, too?

Rivers and no Wilkerson = deep playoff run. Make rivers happen. Rivers is a pipe dream, I know, but I'm hoping Big Mac pulls it out of his ass.

Excited for this draft...shame it's in Chicago.

I'd be pissed if we trade for Rivers. 

I'm open to trading mo.  it would have made more sense before free agency.  

without a QB, this team has to win with defense.  

so to me the only reason you trade a stud defender is to get a QB

what is fair compensation for mo then ?

Rivers is 33 years old and has never had that "killer instinct" that you expect from that type of QB. If he was 30 and in the middle of a contract I'd consider, but im not trading Mo for a 1 year rental or possibly signing a guy to a 20 million a year contract and he doesnt have that instinct to just will a win in an important game. 

Fair compensation for Mo isnt a 33 year old 1 year rental who wont put the team on his back and win you big games. At 33, thats what you need to provide. Sorry. 

Brian Costello @BrianCoz 7m7 minutes ago

Told by two sources that Jets have no intention of trading Mo Wilkerson. Trade offer would have to blow them away for them to move him. #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 9m9 minutes ago

Double or nothing: I will hitchhike home from the Jets facility --and back-- if the Jets trade Mo Wilkerson. (It's not happening). #nyj

Now I want them to do it. But it's not going to happen.

Rivers is 33 years old and has never had that "killer instinct" that you expect from that type of QB. If he was 30 and in the middle of a contract I'd consider, but im not trading Mo for a 1 year rental or possibly signing a guy to a 20 million a year contract and he doesnt have that instinct to just will a win in an important game. 

Fair compensation for Mo isnt a 33 year old 1 year rental who wont put the team on his back and win you big games. At 33, thats what you need to provide. Sorry. 

so then its.....

I'm open to trading mo.  it would have made more sense before free agency.  

without a QB, this team has to win with defense.  

so to me the only reason you trade a stud defender is to get a QB

Agreed. Or a stud edge rusher. But I don't see why anybody would want to trade Mo so that we can go draft Leonard Williams. That's just stupid.

You all highly overrate Mo..

He's a solid player - a very good one - but he's not great, not an overly impactful player.  He is in many ways a product of Rex's bluster.

If a move can be made to get Marriotta or Rivers for Mo and our first rounder we do it. (assuming Mac likes Mariotta)

The D-line was more than fine when Mo went down last year - in fact when Coples moved inside I think the d-line was better.

so why does tampa do that deal ?  they already decided who was going to back up winston and its your boy

Nothing is "set in stone" in April. Mo Wilkerson is a Jet, but that can surely change Thursday night right? 

Also, the Bucs need a starting DE more than they need Glennon to back up Winston. When you're in the Bucs shoes its hard to pass up on a top 3 3-4 DE/top 10 all around DE in the game. Mo Wilkerson will fill a huge need for them in both the run and passing game. You dont decline that because you made a decision to have a guy back up a player that you havent even drafted yet. 

They're now reporting the Browns are looking to trade up regardless, to pick a DT/DE. Pettine obviously knows Mo, I think he (along with Rex) drafted him. They're probably one of the 2 teams that conacted us. If you combine that with the fact that we're trying very hard to trade down..who knows, maybe this trade will happen.

They're now reporting the Browns are looking to trade up regardless, to pick a DT/DE. Pettine obviously knows Mo, I think he (along with Rex) drafted him. They're probably one of the 2 teams that conacted us. If you combine that with the fact that we're trying very hard to trade down..who knows, maybe this trade will happen.

I would trade the Browns WIlk and the #6 for both their 1st rounders, their 2nd rounder and 4th. 

Get Andrus Peat with the 12th pick, Todd Gurley with the 19th pick, and Kikaha in the 2nd round.  

Nothing is "set in stone" in April. Mo Wilkerson is a Jet, but that can surely change Thursday night right?

Also, the Bucs need a starting DE more than they need Glennon to back up Winston. When you're in the Bucs shoes its hard to pass up on a top 3 3-4 DE/top 10 all around DE in the game. Mo Wilkerson will fill a huge need for them in both the run and passing game. You dont decline that because you made a decision to have a guy back up a player that you havent even drafted yet.

I wouldn't object acquiring Glennon either ... I'm a believer in Glennon.

And we wouldn't have to pay the same price as acquiring rivers.

If I had to choose between either scenario ?? id take rivers last few years in a heartbeat.

Archived