Jets being contacted for Wilkerson

prime21

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do. 

When you have a 33 year old Dbrickashaw Ferguson making like 13million dollars in 2016 drafting a LT with Peat's upside goes from Lame to "Brilliant". 

LT's can play well beyond 35.  this isn't the year for that.  there will be another peat next year.  when you can get elite talent, you stick and pick

The Bucs wont give up that much. Wilkerson is worth a 1st rounder (break even). The Bucs could believe that Glennon is worth a 3rd rounder (break even as well). Well, If the Jets package Wilkerson along with a 4th rounder for Glennon and a 2nd then it will be a fair trade. Yes, the Bucs would get Wilkerson with a high 2nd rounder, but in return the Jet would get Glennon for a high 4th rounder. 

I strongly believed that Wilkerson was available for trade given the amount of talent on the d-line, Coples option being picked up, no contract extension and the fact that this QB class sucks. 

If this goes down I literally called it over a month ago. 

Yes you did. This was a discussion you were leading well over a month ago.  If the Jets pulled this together and added Glennon to the mix I would have to consider more deeply just who the f*ck you are.  :D

Two firsts at minimum.

I could careless about the 1st round picks. If we going to trade Wilk, a franchise QB should come our way or the trade is just stupid.

I just don't believe in trading a very productive player for an unknown commodity.

Wilkerson is very good. Very good. But he's not elite. To me he's right around what Sean Ellis was for us. Very good, some solid flashes of greatness, but not elite. Mo is not worth the money that Suh and Watt received, nor is he as good as them. If that's the money he's seeking then trading him now would be the move to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a Top 4 3-4 DE but he is not Elite.. jets fans logic

I agree he's not even a Pro Bowler just a really good player at this point who said last year he would never hold out. Well so far the team activity isn't mandatory so lets see what happens after Thursday to see if he's still the Jets problem or if he stays and gets a new contract..

He isn't even a Pro Bowler ? Who cares Vince Young Was a pro bowler, it's voted by the fans and most fans barely watch it. it's means absolutely nothing .

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 7m7 minutes ago

Told by two sources that Jets have no intention of trading Mo Wilkerson. Trade offer would have to blow them away for them to move him. #nyj

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 9m9 minutes ago

Double or nothing: I will hitchhike home from the Jets facility --and back-- if the Jets trade Mo Wilkerson. (It's not happening). #nyj

Now I want them to do it. But it's not going to happen.

Thread should of been closed after this post .

Chicago just traded a proven #1 WR for a 5th round pick for financial reasons.

It happens every year.

Jets do not have financial problems., we don't have a highly Paid QB to worry about . So There's no reason for the jets to trade Mo.

Jets do not have financial problems., we don't have a highly Paid QB to worry about . So There's no reason for the jets to trade Mo.

The problem is Wilkerson's posible contract size in comparison to the depth on the team. If it wasnt a problem then he would have been signed already. Thats called a financial problem because the high asking price doesnt coincide with a high need. 

The problem is Wilkerson's posible contract size in comparison to the depth on the team. If it wasnt a problem then he would have been signed already. Thats called a financial problem because the high asking price doesnt coincide with a high need.

No doubt it s gonna be a pricey deal . im sure it will take time to hammer out . But Macc doesn't sound concerned at all . He is already on record saying after the draft they will work it out .

All sources/ beat writers say Jets aren't trading Mo and it would pretty much take some rediculous offer for them to even entertain it . IE: Not Mike Glennon

Brian Costello @BrianCoz 7m7 minutes ago

Told by two sources that Jets have no intention of trading Mo Wilkerson. Trade offer would have to blow them away for them to move him. #nyj

To me this just confirms that they're willing to deal Mo, for the right price. We're not trying to dump him off, but this is not a "he's not available" situation either. If somebody throws a 1st round pick and maybe some more at us I think Macc would pull the trigger. You don't say something like that if you aren't open to trade that player. You'd say "he's not available" or "he either plays for us this year or he doesn't play at all", see what the Vikings are saying. Period. To say something like "well, maybe for the right price", all you do is negotiate and let the rest of the NFL know that if they want Mo, they should give it a shot and maybe something will be worked out. It's definitely not a "hands off!" warning.

the idea is to add to your list of good players not lose them

getting rid of mo would be a TERRIBLE move especially to trade him for a draft pick that may or may not pan out and even if it does u are where you started from not better

Bowles doesn’t rule out a Wilkerson trade

Posted by Mike Florio on April 29, 2015, 8:47 AM EDT

The Jets reportedly are getting calls about a trade for disgruntled defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson.  New Jets coach Todd Bowles hasn’t ruled out a possible trade of the 2011 first-round pick who’s entering a contract year.

“Mo is on our team now,” Bowles told reporters on Tuesday.  “That’s all I can go by.”

Bowles added that he hasn’t heard that teams have called about Wilkerson, but the first-year head coach opted not to declare that Wilkerson would continue to be on the team.

“I didn’t say it was or wasn’t,” Bowles said about whether a trade is possible.  “Around draft time you hear a lot of different rumors that go on and I try not to feed into them.”

Of course, saying anything other than “Wilkerson will not be traded” feeds into the rumors of a possible trade.

Wilkerson currently is absent from offseason workouts as he waits for a new contract.

“Mo is on our team and we go from there,” Bowles said.  “I don’t really need or look at who thinks what’s going to happen or what’s trying to happen.  I know Mo is on our team.”

The real question is whether Mo will still be on the team next week at this time.  If he’s going to be traded, the best opportunity arrives on Thursday night.  Especially if one of the teams picking above the Jets would be interested in a package that includes Wilkerson and New York’s No. 6 overall pick in the draft — and if the Jets would be interested in moving up.

You'd pay him JJ Watt money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He isn't gonna cost JJ Watt money . Wilkerson isn't having 20 sacks in a year or winning DPOY awards. JJ watt is the Exception He is Arguably the Best Defensive Player on the League of Course doing what he does is gonna cost QB Money .

Mo will be right in that 50 million range if I to guess.

The Jets reportedly are getting calls about a trade for disgruntled defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson.  New Jets coach Todd Bowles hasn’t ruled out a possible trade of the 2011 first-round pick who’s entering a contract year.

“Mo is on our team now,” Bowles told reporters on Tuesday.  “That’s all I can go by.”

Bowles added that he hasn’t heard that teams have called about Wilkerson, but the first-year head coach opted not to declare that Wilkerson would continue to be on the team.

“I didn’t say it was or wasn’t,” Bowles said about whether a trade is possible.  “Around draft time you hear a lot of different rumors that go on and I try not to feed into them.”

Of course, saying anything other than “Wilkerson will not be traded” feeds into the rumors of a possible trade.

Wilkerson currently is absent from offseason workouts as he waits for a new contract.

“Mo is on our team and we go from there,” Bowles said.  “I don’t really need or look at who thinks what’s going to happen or what’s trying to happen.  I know Mo is on our team.”

The real question is whether Mo will still be on the team next week at this time.  If he’s going to be traded, the best opportunity arrives on Thursday night.  Especially if one of the teams picking above the Jets would be interested in a package that includes Wilkerson and New York’s No. 6 overall pick in the draft — and if the Jets would be interested in moving up.

Translation:  He's available, but he won't be cheap

i think the titans would love to get mo, and the jets #6 pick, and give the jets the #2 pick and maybe a mid rounder.  it's fair, the titans get 2 impact players and the jets get a qb.  considering how much money the jets have invested on defense and what they'll pay sheldon and anyone else who sticks around, this makes sense to begin balancing out the team's talent base.

He isn't even a Pro Bowler ? Who cares Vince Young Was a pro bowler, it's voted by the fans and most fans barely watch it. it's means absolutely nothing .

Ok how about All Pro that's not voted on by fans and Revis was traded because of money and Mo is no Revis talent wise.. I like Mo and hope he stays but he has to stop thinking he's worth a elite contact like Watt got out of his head..

Translation:  He's available, but he won't be cheap

I really do think it's gotta be for a QB - either a deal with SD that will get you Rivers or a deal with TN. that will get you up to two for Mariotta.

I would be all for either of those moves - but other than that you keep the player - even if you don't resign him next year you keep him this year and let him play out his contract.

Ok how about All Pro that's not voted on by fans and Revis was traded because of money and Mo is no Revis talent wise.. I like Mo and hope he stays but he has to stop thinking he's worth a elite contact like Watt got out of his head..

Do you have any idea what he is thinking about his contract?  The longer we wait, with the cap and contracts going up, the more he will get. 

There is not one report out with the amount of money Wilkerson is expecting . Just speculating fans who assume since JJ Watt just got paid like a QB . That means Wilkerson is gonna want the same when we all know he isn't getting that kinda money anywhere neither is Sheldon when his deal is up .

Jets have 2 years (1 yr of contract and 1 yr Franchise Tag) of Mo before they even have to consider trading him . This being said they may very well try and move him I doubt it but after watch that Bowles PC yesterday I'm not as firm anymore Cause there was no commitment at all outdide of "he is on the Roster Right Now"

Do you have any idea what he is thinking about his contract?  The longer we wait, with the cap and contracts going up, the more he will get. 

You have Snacks due soon not to mention Sheldon and maybe Coples coming up I can't see all of them being with the team long term.. I just know from what was reported after Mac met with Mo's agent during the combine that they were far apart..

You have Snacks due soon not to mention Sheldon and maybe Coples coming up I can't see all of them being with the team long term.. I just know from what was reported after Mac met with Mo's agent during the combine that they were far apart..

we sit here saying this every year before the draft - at what point does this franchise invest prime draft picks and money on the offense?  

There is not one report out with the amount of money Wilkerson is expecting . Just speculating fans who assume since JJ Watt just got paid like a QB . That means Wilkerson is gonna want the same when quite we all know he isn't getting that kinda money anywhere neither is Sheldon when his deal is up .

Jets have 2 years (1 yr of contract and 1 yr Franchise Tag) of Mo before they even have to consider trading him . This being said they may very well try and move him I doubt it but after watch that Bowles PC yesterday I'm not as firm anymore Cause there was no commitment at all outdide of "he is on the Roster Right Now"

You know Coles still hates Herm for telling him he would be a Jet as long as he was the HC?? Coles was traded to the Skins a week later..LOL

+1 As a rookie Ellis had 8 1/2 sacks and a pick but that's a good comparison..But at least Ellis made a Pro bowl in his first 4 years.. :winking0001:

Ellis was told by Herm to get real fat and move to dt to be his new warren sapp. That was a disaster and was his worst year ever. Herm made him take a step back lol and was never held accountable for that.

Archived