**Breaking News** Red Sox starting pitching is horrible.

PFSIKH

I'm just saying let's not get crazy. The Nationals starting pitching ERA was the highest in the league last April. So. Yeah, it can be turned around.

You're comparing apples to unicorns.

The Red Sox don't have a pitcher that would crack the Nats' rotation. 

So you're saying they can't improve? Porcello looked fine tonight.

Of course, they can improve. However, let's not compare them to the best staff in baseball just because they had a bad month last year.

Porcello is the Sox best starter. He's also a 3 on almost any other team.

Of course, they can improve. However, let's not compare them to the best staff in baseball just because they had a bad month last year.

Porcello is the Sox best starter. He's also a 3 on almost any other team.

Right, I never said the Sox were going to have the best staffs. I think they'll make a move eventually but over the course of 162 games, there are going to be bad games. I'm hoping they're just getting them out of the way now. If they're still struggling come the end of May, you'll see some decisions made.

I think Porcello is a solid #2.

• 1 month later...

No one saw it coming either. Still early though.

I did not buy into the sycophants claining this will be 2013 again, but they are bad.  I figured they would muddle to .500, but this is ridiculous.

I did not buy into the sycophants claining this will be 2013 again, but they are bad. I figured they would muddle to .500, but this is ridiculous.

The pitching was always a question but the offense has been the real surprise. I said from the beginning of the year the AL east is a crapshoot. I think the Sox will come back to the crowd sooner or later. Look at the Jays, they were 7 games under .500 and in a week and a half are within a game back of first.

The pitching was always a question but the offense has been the real surprise. I said from the beginning of the year the AL east is a crapshoot. I think the Sox will come back to the crowd sooner or later. Look at the Jays, they were 7 games under .500 and in a week and a half are within a game back of first.

I agree with everything but the Sox coming back.

They are a bad team.  The pitching is what it is, when it is good, they do not hit.  When they hit the pitching fails them so way.  And the rare times they can hit and pitch, their D lets them down.

Yeah, the Sox should be better, but there is somethign inherently wrong with this team. 

I agree with everything but the Sox coming back.

They are a bad team.  The pitching is what it is, when it is good, they do not hit.  When they hit the pitching fails them so way.  And the rare times they can hit and pitch, their D lets them down.

Yeah, the Sox should be better, but there is somethign inherently wrong with this team. 

2nd straight last place finish :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Offseason made very little sense.  Now we're paying for it.

Word.

I do not know if it is all Ben or if Luccino's finger prints ar eon it as well, but they need to stop.  I hope ben follows Luccino to Pawtucket.

Archived