Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

It's pretty gross, really. Trolling aside, the Pats history of cheating, flagrantly, is something that will always be discussed along with any mention of success they've had during this era. They really are the Barry Bonds of pro football.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The texts are pretty much a smoking gun for Tom Brady, and you know this is watered down as well. Evidence is much stronger that Bountygate, Bellichick, Brady should get a year, the Patriots the maximum possible fine and those workers fired. Also the entire ball handling process should be revamped to completely remove any possibility of this happening again. I would be so pissed if I were Baltimore and indy right now. Huge blemish on the NFL and the report tries to paint it in the best possible light too. Wow. F'n cheatriots.

Any time a parent comes out defending their kid is inevitable that they are going to look dopey.  He really should keep his mouth shut and let the conclusion seep in over time that his son is a cheater.

This makes Brady even more of a douche....Allowing his father to make a fool of himself in protecting him.

Brady should act like a man, suck it up...Admit what he did and apologize for it.  America is forgiving.  The continued denials will turn him into A-Rod.

Yes...I was absolutely one that thought nothing would come of it...But I thought the report would be BS...

This report is real and bad for Brady and the Pats - which leads me to believe the suspensions will be real.

I am impressed. And it makes me hopeful that severe penalties will indeed be levied.

Damage control has already started.

Deflategate won't affect Brady's legacy

Said ESPN NFL Front Office Insider Bill Polian: "I don't think ["Deflategate"] changes anything about the quality of his play, and the kind of quarterback he's been. He's been one of the two, three greatest of all-time. There's no argument about that."

David Ortiz turns delusionsal:

Joe McDonald @ESPNJoeyMac
O8uwzOoY_normal.jpeg

Red Sox' David Ortiz on Patriots' situation: "It bugs me. What does it have to do with winning the Super Bowl?” 13m

I am impressed. And it makes me hopeful that severe penalties will indeed be levied.

there is little doubt "something" will happen.  What that will be is uncertain. How severe can they be on Cindy?  Does this rise to the level of suspension (Hitting your girlfirend or child, smoking dope a second time, etc) or is it simply a finable offense?

The Pats will cough up a 2016 Draft pick. Probably a 5th like Atlanta gave up for pumping crowd noise and get fined.

As far as Brady is concerned. Well the report basically said he lied so when you lie to the commish and investigators that is a VERY VERY bad idea.

Don't think he will get hammered like Sean Peyton did but I think if the commish doesn't hand down at least a 2-4 game suspension then he is going to come off again as show a softer hand with the Pats.

there is little doubt "something" will happen.  What that will be is uncertain. How severe can they be on Cindy?  Does this rise to the level of suspension (Hitting your girlfirend or child, smoking dope a second time, etc) or is it simply a finable offense?

well it is like a giant CumStain on NFL shield.

But the overall report comes up short because it fails to produce any concrete evidence against the Patriots. Basically, it says, "We think the Patriots broke the rules, but we can't be sure. In other words, nothing has been resolved

Says it all righ there.

Damage control has already started.

Deflategate won't affect Brady's legacy

Said ESPN NFL Front Office Insider Bill Polian: "I don't think ["Deflategate"] changes anything about the quality of his play, and the kind of quarterback he's been. He's been one of the two, three greatest of all-time. There's no argument about that."

David Ortiz turns delusionsal:

Joe McDonald @ESPNJoeyMac
O8uwzOoY_normal.jpeg

Red Sox' David Ortiz on Patriots' situation: "It bugs me. What does it have to do with winning the Super Bowl?” 13m

Actually it has alot to do with it when you barely beat the Ravens in a divisional playoff game. Which is where all this started

December 1982:  Pats sent the plow onto the field to clear the snow in the kicker's way near the end of a 0-0 tie game against the Dolphins.  Of course this is illegal now and probably was then too, but it set the standard for that corrupt franchise.

Actually, it wasn't illegal then. It is now though thanks to that stunt. 

The Colts NEED to raise hell and make sure sh*t gets done.

Every team does, frankly. If the league passively allows Goodell to diminish penalties as he sees fit, then there is no precedent for repeat infractions, thus no barometer for circumstances where they themselves might face discipline.

The report kind of goes out of its way to exonerate Belichick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/brady-assured-belichick-he-did-nothing-wrong-in-deflategate/

“Belichick asked Brady directly whether he had any knowledge about any of the issues raised by the press since the AFC Championship Game,” the report says. “According to Belichick, Brady said ‘absolutely not.’ Belichick stated that he then asked if Brady or anyone Brady knew had tampered with or in any way altered the footballs. Brady again denied any knowledge or involvement. Belichick recalled that Brady also explained that once he inspects and approves game balls, those balls are exactly as he likes them and that he would not want anyone to do anything to them after that point. Belichick believed Brady. Belichick and Brady attended the team meeting, and Belichick told the team that there was ‘not one shred of truth’ to the deflation allegations. When given the floor, Brady repeated what he had told Belichick about wanting game balls to be exactly as he approved them.”

The investigation strongly suggests that Brady did, in fact, pressure the Patriots’ equipment staff to deflate footballs used by the team. But the investigation also suggests that Belichick was unaware. If the NFL is going to make a high-profile person within the Patriots organization suffer consequences over this, it’s going to be Brady, not Belichick.

i Hope there are no suspensions - I hope brady is made to play with properly inflated balls in cold games so we can watch his head get taken off by opposing DE just like every other QB in league - I do however hope they get a draft pick taken.   brady may just call it quits - take his deflated balls and say im not playing with you guys anymore so there!

Archived