Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets not lose sight this also helped the Pats have fewest fumbles of any NFL team since Brady there.. competitve advantage goes beyond just throwing/gripping ball and making it easier to catch..it effects BIGGEST factor in a game, aka TURNOVERS

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/n-f-l-sentences-brady-to-a-year-with-the-jets

MAY 6, 2015 N.F.L. Sentences Brady to a Year with the Jets BY ANDY BOROWITZ

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (The Borowitz Report) – In what football insiders are calling an unexpectedly severe punishment, the National Football League has sentenced the New England Patriots’ quarterback Tom Brady to a year with the New York Jets for his role in the so-called Deflategate scandal.

The punishment drew howls of protest from Patriots fans and management, with many calling it the harshest in league history, but N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell defended the decision as “a necessary deterrent.”

“We need to send the message that this league has zero tolerance for cheating,” Goodell said. “We believe that a year of playing quarterback for the Jets sends that message loud and clear.”

Brady was reportedly in a state of shock when he heard the news of his punishment. He later met with reporters in a hastily called press conference during which he frequently seemed on the verge of tears.

“I am going to fight this decision with every fibre of my being,” Brady said. “This is America. You can’t force a person to play for the Jets.”

At a sports bar in Manhattan, the reaction to the impending arrival of the Jets’ longtime nemesis was muted. One Jets fan observed, “Look, Brady’s a dick, but even he didn’t deserve this.”

Thanks to the fans in Chicago for mercilessly booing Goodell, if that didn't happen I tend to think he would have orchestrated more of a coverup. Although he's letting Belichick skate which is total BS, he did at least expose Brady.

That was beyond awesome.  Great point dude.  Did not think of that.  

I think you answered your own question right here. The fact that an under inflated ball provides an offense with an unfair competitive advantage is a given. A softer ball is easier to grip, throw, catch, and hold onto. It doesn't need to be stated in this report why a team would deflate their footballs. The answer is obvious.

Yes, in a logical and just world, that would be it. Still predict when a punishment is decided you will see a statement from Goodell that "there is no proof competitive advantage was sought or obtained." Just a prediction.

Brady has another problem, his refusal to cooperate is considered just as bad as the cheating according to the league's bylaws:

For Brady, there’s another problem; he refused to fully cooperate with the investigation. As the NFL’s Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules states, “Failure to cooperate in an investigation shall be considered conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the offending club and responsible individual(s) to appropriate discipline.”

They just read Brady's agent statement on NFL Network and it was outrageously delusional and paranoid.  He attacks not just the report but the NFL for its tactics in conducting a "sting" against Brady.  I almost thought it was written by the Onion, it was so ridiculous.

I think it is cute you are trying to act like this doesn't bother you in the least. Like a drowning guy screaming, "I was thirsty anyways."

Wait what? I hate to break this to you. I dont employ any patriot and although im a fan, none of thier actions refelect me as a man of my own morals.

Never agreed w spygate, think brady is beyond stupid for this, but still im a fan and still will root for them.

So you can think whatever. Im more like...ehhh

Embrace revival fans hate.

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

"The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and terrible disappointment. It’s omission of key facts and lines of inquiry suggest the investigators reached a conclusion first, and then determined so-called facts later. One item alone taints this entire report. What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game? This suggests it may be more probable than not that the league cooperated with the Colts in perpetrating a sting operation. The Wells report buries this issue in a footnote on page 46 without any further elaboration. The league is a significant client of the investigators' law firm; it appears to be a rich source of billings and media exposure based on content in the law firm's website. This was not an independent investigation and the contents of the report bear that out – all one has to do is read closely and critically, as opposed to simply reading headlines. The investigators' assumptions and inferences are easily debunked or subject to multiple interpretations. Much of the report’s vulnerabilities are buried in the footnotes, which is a common legal writing tactic. It is a sad day for the league as it has abdicated the resolution of football-specific issues to people who don’t understand the context or culture of the sport. I was physically present for my client’s interview. I have verbatim notes of the interview. Tom made himself available for nearly an entire day and patiently answered every question. It was clear to me the investigators had limited understanding of professional football. For reasons unknown, the Wells report omitted nearly all of Tom’s testimony, most of which was critical because it would have provided this report with the context that it lacks. Mr. Wells promised back in January to share the results of this investigation publicly, so why not follow through and make public all of the information gathered and let the public draw its own conclusions? This report contains significant and tragic flaws, and it is common knowledge in the legal industry that reports like this generally are written for the benefit of the purchaser."

"Benefit of the purchaser"?  Why would it benefit the NFL to have its biggest marquee star and dynasty team get slammed like this?  And is he saying that the NFL should have accused them of cheating before the game without any evidence?  And yes, the law firm was paid for their work.  That is how it is done.  This is really desperate stuff.

So Bob Kraft and Tom Brady are trying to publicly bully the NFL into not punishing them? 

Be a man Roger! He doesn't own you! 31 other owners have your back. 

it's almost as if they're daring goodell to believe the report over them.  but if he does, then why bother to pay for the report in the first place?

Yup. It's no coincidence that the team's fumble rate dropped below statistically possible the year Brady lobbied the league to let road teams handle their own footballs. Belichick knows the science behind it being easier to grip a softer ball much better than he understands the laws of physics.

My personal catch rate with a nerf is outstanding.

LOL  I know right?  I seriously look like Joe Montana when playing with that little ball my son has. 

That's part of the reason so many QB's and WRs never make the transition to the NFL level. it's not an insignificant thing changing to the NFL ball.  It's real. 

Wait what? I hate to break this to you. I dont employ any patriot and although im a fan, none of thier actions refelect me as a man of my own morals.

Never agreed w spygate, think brady is beyond stupid for this, but still im a fan and still will root for them.

So you can think whatever. Im more like...ehhh

Embrace revival fans hate.

If you take the time to visit a rival site I have to think you care at least a little.  I care and I'm not even a Pats fan.  I care because your team is destroying the integrity of the game I grew up watching and even shared with my kids.  Kinda gross.

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

"The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and terrible disappointment. It’s omission of key facts and lines of inquiry suggest the investigators reached a conclusion first, and then determined so-called facts later. One item alone taints this entire report. What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game? This suggests it may be more probable than not that the league cooperated with the Colts in perpetrating a sting operation. The Wells report buries this issue in a footnote on page 46 without any further elaboration. The league is a significant client of the investigators' law firm; it appears to be a rich source of billings and media exposure based on content in the law firm's website. This was not an independent investigation and the contents of the report bear that out – all one has to do is read closely and critically, as opposed to simply reading headlines. The investigators' assumptions and inferences are easily debunked or subject to multiple interpretations. Much of the report’s vulnerabilities are buried in the footnotes, which is a common legal writing tactic. It is a sad day for the league as it has abdicated the resolution of football-specific issues to people who don’t understand the context or culture of the sport. I was physically present for my client’s interview. I have verbatim notes of the interview. Tom made himself available for nearly an entire day and patiently answered every question. It was clear to me the investigators had limited understanding of professional football. For reasons unknown, the Wells report omitted nearly all of Tom’s testimony, most of which was critical because it would have provided this report with the context that it lacks. Mr. Wells promised back in January to share the results of this investigation publicly, so why not follow through and make public all of the information gathered and let the public draw its own conclusions? This report contains significant and tragic flaws, and it is common knowledge in the legal industry that reports like this generally are written for the benefit of the purchaser."

"Benefit of the purchaser"?  Why would it benefit the NFL to have its biggest marquee star and dynasty team get slammed like this?  And is he saying that the NFL should have accused them of cheating before the game without any evidence?  And yes, the law firm was paid for their work.  That is how it is done.  This is really desperate stuff.

Holy Macaroni !!!! 

This is the wrong tactic to take imo.  This is getting very interesting.  1 year suspension coming right up. 

LOL I know right? I seriously look like Joe Montana when playing with that little ball my son has.

That's part of the reason so many QB's and WRs never make the transition to the NFL level. it's not an insignificant thing changing to the NFL ball. It's real.

And if your son is using Stickum, he probably looks like Jerry Rice.

Archived