Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Although the investigation has seemingly taken forever, let's not forget all the laughter Deflategate's brought us.

Textbook fluff piece.

All that means is that the league is not admitting that the web reports about the fumble rate going down have any weight. But if the physicist does his own calculations, I think that would be a different matter. And the fact that the league expressed an interest in it would seem to give the guy license to look into it.

All that means is Pats are going to get away with cheating once again with little more that a slap on the wrist.

You may want to follow the original link. The "laughs" you reference are in regard to Deflategate jokes made by the president, not because the league was doing any laughing. The original link includes a video with the president in it that I did not upload in my post. No fluff piece here. 

You sure you are JETS fan or a disguised troll ?

You may want to follow the original link. The "laughs" you reference are in regard to Deflategate jokes made by the president, not because the league was doing any laughing. The original link includes a video with the president in it that I did not upload in my post. No fluff piece here. 

The first post is something that i would expect from a Pats cheerleader.

Who the eff cares if it provided laughs or not or if any jokes were made.  Only a fluff piece could include that statement.

They cheated and they should be punished to the max. But they will get away with it.

• Upvote 1

A Pats cheerleader would post a new article that says Goodell says a deflategate decision is coming soon? Man, that's really scrambled thinking. And the Pats were pissed at the president's jokes, and Brady so much so that he stiffed the White House invitation. Man, you really gotta get your head screwed on right. 

Who cares if it was funny or not or who's vagina was bruised because of all the jokes. All i want to see is Pats punished to the max. Period.

With JETS fans like you who needs trolls.

Funny how you know that as an absolute fact but the investgators looking into the situation haven't found anything in over 100 days.

Why have the investigators taken 100 days ? Care to explain ?

Easy, they haven't found a damn thing that implicates the Pats had anything to do with it.

Yeah that sure must be it. But why have they still not spoken to the principles in this matter like Brady and Belichick ?

When people start questioning your integrity that means you have very little left. I think if Goodell lets Pats get away with cheating again with nothing more than a slap on the wrist there will severe repercussion's which would at best be put to rest by his firing. And even then NFL might lose some fans forever. Bottomline, whenever an integrity of a sport is up for debate usually the fandom loses interest in the sport.

I wish it were true, but I think you're wrong...SB had largest audience in history, a trillion people watched the draft...the NFL has moved on and so has 99.9% of the country.

In things like these you never know when the other shoe drops. But when the integrity of the game is in question it could be at any point of time and it could be very fatal. There has not been a single regular season game since DeflateGate. We will see what happens.

They were caught cheating before and he burned the tapes...there will never  be a more obvious example of blatant cheating.  Yet...the sport just keeps growing and growing.

That was different. At that point people gave Goodell the benefit of the doubt because he was relatively new. But after all the scandals i do not think people will give the commish any benefit of doubt. He has used all his chips.

Just assuming that the sport will keep on growing and growing no matter what is biggest misstep any sport can make.

Time will tell.  I'm gonna' say Pats get no penalty of any significance if anything at all...and stadiums will be packed every Sunday...again.

That would be what Patsie trolls would expect as well. But when it comes to integrity of the game and the way it has been compromised eventually people will tune out.

People will never tune out the NFL, it's way too big of a brand.

If people are more concerned with the "integrity of the game" they need to go out support their local Pop Warner leagues.

The only thing that matters in the NFL is winning.

There we go. Someday's it is Pat's did not cheat, some other days is hey if they are winning than cheating is ok. You atleast have to keep your story straight.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I have said many times that the Pats were guilty of taping infractions.

I have also said the consequences to their actions were properly handled by the league.

Not sure how you think I am changing "my story".

I remember you saying they did not cheat. Maybe this is your new story. Who can keep track of what you are saying.

As i said every Pat's troll wet dream that it does not make a difference and they keep winning by cheating and there are no consequences. We will see how long that lasts.

Excerpt:

By 6:35p.m.all of the membersof the officiating crew other than. Anderson, Veteri, Blakeman and Yette had left the Officials Locker Room When the remaining officials walked into the sitting room area on their way to the field, all four were surprised to find that the ball bags were not there. Both Anderson and Veteri immediately asked Farley where the footballs were. Farley checked for the ball bags in the back part of the locker room (where he saw the bags of backup balls) and in the adjacent Chain Gang Locker Room, but could not find them.When it was suggested that McNally had or may have taken them to the field, Anderson responded that “he‟s not supposed to do that.” Anderson also stated that “we have to find the footballs.” Blakeman recalls that although Anderson is usually calm and composed leading up to a game, Anderson was visibly concerned and uncharacteristically used an expletive when the game balls could not be located. The other officials were similarly surprised and concerned. None of the officials in the locker room at the time realized that the game balls had been removed from the locker room until they were ready to go to the field for the start of the game, and all expected that the balls would not leave the locker room until it was time for them to take the field

This report is a BIG letoff for Belichick. As if anything would happen on that team without Belicheat's approval.

Brady needs to be punished.

What are the chances this thread will still be going on by the time the season starts..lol

Some jet fans just cant get their heads out of New England a$$..

The obsession is strong out here! Ha ha

JETS fan's are so obsessed with the Pats that they go on Pats site's to troll them.....oh wait!

Goodell will strip the Pats' 2070 7th round pick and fine them 10K.

Fair deal.

That 10K will be in Zimbabwean dollars.

The more and more i read this report the more it becomes apparent that Tom Brady and the Patriots did their best to no co-operate with the investigation.

Brady did not submit his phone as required.

Pats counsel denied to make McNally available for a follow up interview which was sought by the investigators.

Then i read Robert Kraft's reaction "“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome."

If the commish is worried about the integrity of the game,

How can Brady be allowed to step on a football field again.

How can Belichick get away without being suspended for ONE whole season. It's already established IGNORANCE is not an excuse.

Kraft's entire statement presented below with no comment.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft issued the following statement Wednesday regarding the Wells report:

“When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 -- over 14 weeks ago -- I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

“I was convinced that Ted Wells’ investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don’t know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.

“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under-inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

“While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

Anyone who suggests anything less than 3 seasons of punishment for Tom Brady is crazy.

If the NFL is serious of the integrity of the game than they will ensure Brady never steps on a football field again.

Damage control has already started.

Deflategate won't affect Brady's legacy

Said ESPN NFL Front Office Insider Bill Polian: "I don't think ["Deflategate"] changes anything about the quality of his play, and the kind of quarterback he's been. He's been one of the two, three greatest of all-time. There's no argument about that."

David Ortiz turns delusionsal:

Joe McDonald @ESPNJoeyMac
O8uwzOoY_normal.jpeg

Red Sox' David Ortiz on Patriots' situation: "It bugs me. What does it have to do with winning the Super Bowl?” 13m

Should be Brady getting 4 games, Pats lose a 2016 1st, $250k fine.

That is just nuts. Right now if the NFL is serious about protecting the integrity of the game you can be sure Brady's punishment has to be in season's not single digit games.

Seasons? Anything more than 4 games would be gravy.

Yes seasons. 4 games would not even be a slap on the wrist.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

There should be.

He might one of the two, three greatest of all time, with deflated balls. We will never know.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Bill Polian is a senile old fool 

This sounds like damage control from the New England region biased ESPN.

As much as I want "seasons" to be the suspension, I'd be shocked if it ends up being more than 4 games.

Remember, there's no suspension for cheating (Spygate, Deflategate?). But there's plenty of suspensions for playing tough, hard football (bountygate).

If the NFL owner's are serious about protecting the shield the suspension has to be in season's. Ideally they do not want Brady to come back. Period.

It doesn't matter what the precedent is or is not.

a 6 game suspension for Brady would be nice, he would come back rusty and just in time to get beat down by the Jets defense.

This is more that Brady's game vs the JETS. He has to be suspended for a lot longer than that.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company