Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

He's just trying to figure out the best way to ignore the Patriots' obvious cheating and look the other way for the benefit of his good buddy Kraft.

roger-goodell-gq-magazine-february-2015- roger-goodell-robert-kraft.jpg

No cameras and there almost certainly would have been some tongue involved.

• Upvote 1

this is why they waited until after the draft

heavy draft pick removal for NEXT year so they can plan...

I would rather have them lose their pick in a year when they are not picking 32nd.  And chances are better that it will be a much better pick that they will lose if Brady is suspended for a few games, as he should be.  I would guess 4.

Prediction - Brady gets suspended for a year and decides to retire.

Would absolutely love this to happen, but will not happen.  He is too much of an asset to the NFL.  He will get a wrist-slap.  But I would also like to see draft pick(s).

I wish they got his phone.  But we do know that approximately two minutes after he hung up the phone with WEEI (where he learned about the investigator) he called the equipment manager.

Short of a full written confession by Bellichick and Brady, this is as damning a report as could possibly be.  Goodell is in an awkward position with Kraft.  He is going to have to do something here.  And I don't think Kraft helped his position at all by coming out with his defiant statement.

Tom Brady's jackass father claims his lying, douchebag, cheater of a son is being framed:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/tom-bradys-dad-declares-wells-report-framegate/

I don’t have any doubt about my son’s integrity — not one bit,” Brady Sr. said. “In this country, you’re innocent until proven guilty. It just seems Tommy is now guilty until proven innocent. This thing is so convoluted. . . . They say that possibly — possibly — he was aware of this. The reality is if you can’t prove he did it, then he’s innocent, and lay off him. That’s the bottom line.”

Any time a parent comes out defending their kid is inevitable that they are going to look dopey.  He really should keep his mouth shut and let the conclusion seep in over time that his son is a cheater.

• Upvote 1

Stop living in a dreamworld.

The Pats have kicked the Jets ass for well over a decade now.

It won't stop this year either.

With no secondary and no Brady for the first quarter of the season things may not turn out as well for you as you think.

• Upvote 1

They just read Brady's agent statement on NFL Network and it was outrageously delusional and paranoid.  He attacks not just the report but the NFL for its tactics in conducting a "sting" against Brady.  I almost thought it was written by the Onion, it was so ridiculous.

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

"The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and terrible disappointment. It’s omission of key facts and lines of inquiry suggest the investigators reached a conclusion first, and then determined so-called facts later. One item alone taints this entire report. What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game? This suggests it may be more probable than not that the league cooperated with the Colts in perpetrating a sting operation. The Wells report buries this issue in a footnote on page 46 without any further elaboration. The league is a significant client of the investigators' law firm; it appears to be a rich source of billings and media exposure based on content in the law firm's website. This was not an independent investigation and the contents of the report bear that out – all one has to do is read closely and critically, as opposed to simply reading headlines. The investigators' assumptions and inferences are easily debunked or subject to multiple interpretations. Much of the report’s vulnerabilities are buried in the footnotes, which is a common legal writing tactic. It is a sad day for the league as it has abdicated the resolution of football-specific issues to people who don’t understand the context or culture of the sport. I was physically present for my client’s interview. I have verbatim notes of the interview. Tom made himself available for nearly an entire day and patiently answered every question. It was clear to me the investigators had limited understanding of professional football. For reasons unknown, the Wells report omitted nearly all of Tom’s testimony, most of which was critical because it would have provided this report with the context that it lacks. Mr. Wells promised back in January to share the results of this investigation publicly, so why not follow through and make public all of the information gathered and let the public draw its own conclusions? This report contains significant and tragic flaws, and it is common knowledge in the legal industry that reports like this generally are written for the benefit of the purchaser."

"Benefit of the purchaser"?  Why would it benefit the NFL to have its biggest marquee star and dynasty team get slammed like this?  And is he saying that the NFL should have accused them of cheating before the game without any evidence?  And yes, the law firm was paid for their work.  That is how it is done.  This is really desperate stuff.

Yes.

Google it.  That company specializes in providing 'scientific' reports that back the people that hire them.

They had a report that argued second hand smoke does not cause cancer.  Read that again. 

His lawyer brings up a great question where is Tom's testimony?  You want to paint a brush with texts and infer conclusions, what was Tom asked?  What did he say?  I hope Yee publishes his notes.  

Your indignation delights me. :happy0071:

• Upvote 3

Well, I looked at the technical appendices and I think they did a great job. Of course, as a Jet fan, my impartial scientific credentials might be questioned. But the nice thing about science is that anyone can read those appendices and reach their own conclusions. Personally, I think the work will stand up to scrutiny. But let's see if there are technical objections raised from other quarters. Now, please notice I am only interested in technical objections, not polemics based on supposed biased reports from the past.

Whoever made the point that lawyers can hire "experts" to support questionable propositions was correct.  HOWEVER, the idea that the NFL or its investigators went into this with a result-oriented approach defies common sense.  If anything, it was in the best interests of the NFL that they find no rules violations, particularly against Brady.  He is the biggest star in the league and the leader of a New England dynasty.  It does not help the NFL in any way manner or form to knock him down. 

Also, these types of independent investigations are very different from the type of advocacy where experts will support a weak or extreme position.  IN this case, Wells's firm is not an advocate but has been hired to uncover the truth and it sure looks like that is what they did here.  In fact, it would have made Wlls's job much easier if the science supported the Patriots' position. 

So was the NFL looking to fry Brady?  No way.  This investigation occurred for two reasons (1) because there was smoke (the 11 out of 12 under-inflated balls); and (2) to appease the Colts and the other parties complaining about what apparently were fairly widely known practices.

Also, the suggestion that Wells's law firm benefits from a finding of responsibility is laughable.  As mentioned, they get substantial work from the NFL.  By finding responsibility on the part of Brady and the Patriots, if anything, they endanger that continued revenue on a going-forward basis.  After this blows over, don't you think Kraft will be in Goodell's ear about how he should never again use those bastards who railroaded Tommy again?  There are a lot of good law firms who do this type of work out there.  The risk of not getting hired the next time around is far less if they find that there wasn't enough evidence.

• Upvote 2

And you must lead a truly sad life.

You might want to think about learning to take a joke.  It's all in good fun.

byline-giardi.png

No one knows specifically what the Deflategate punishment will be for Tom Brady, but within Gillette Stadium they are bracing for the worst.

Sources with the Patriots I have spoken with tell me they are fearful of a lengthy suspension, perhaps in the six- to eight-game range, for Brady in the aftermath of the Wells Report.

RELATED: Tom E. Curran: I have a hard time saying the report is a 'knockout'

Of course any suspension can be appealed and the sentence reduced, but certainly losing Tom Brady for even three or four games would be a tremendous blow for the Patriots next season.

The investigation led by Ted Wells into underinflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game concluded "it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware" of inappropriate activities involving the release of air from Patriots game balls." The report exonerated owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick from any culpability in the incident.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company