Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

^this

Wells simply said he has no evidence to demonstrate that Belicheat was complicit.  It's up to Goodell to decide if Belicheat's so called "ignorance" is an adequate defense ort whether he gets punished anyway just like Sean Payton was.  

That's true.  If I were Sean Payton, I'd have my lawyers on standby ready to go if Belichick isn't harshly disciplined.  

BB will get suspended.  No way they come out with a report like this and don't suspend BB....

Payton's suspension has set that precedent.  Brady, Belly (even a game each) and a pick (at least a 3rd) - that's going to happen and I'll be satisfied, anything less will be too low.

One would certainly hope.  I wouldn't put anything past Goodell at this point, though.  The NFL has become so incapable of doing what is even so obviously the right thing to do that I can't assume that anything will happen (no matter how obvious it should be) until it actually does.  

To me, it almost sounds like they are doing it on Tom's order and hate his guts.

That's exactly what it sounds like to me.  

• Upvote 1

So, does Kraft now have to apologize to the league? ;)

• Upvote 3

Brady has to be looking at at least a 4-game suspension.  A six game suspension would keep him from playing the Jets. (not including bye week)

So I guess we know it will be 5 game suspension or less then.  

You're assuming Tom Brady is real life smart as opposed to football smart. 

I think he is a ******* moron in real life. 

Well, he clearly doesn't have the good sense to treat the equipment managers (who are the ones physically doing the cheating) with much respect, if those texts are indicative of the type of relationship Tom has with them.

You're talking about an a$$hole who went on ESPN and with tears in his eyes and not a hint of irony said the day he was drafted in the sixth round of the NFL draft was "the worst day of my parents' lives."

Does this sound like the type of guy who is going to be good to the help?

Of course he's not going to be good to the help.

I think that bolsters your original point, though, that he's not particularly smart.  If someone is going to be cheating like this, it would be beneficial to them to at least treat the people carrying out their cheating with some semblance of respect.

I doubt the NFL sees itself as being in a tough spot at all.  Goodell has pretty much already indicated throughout the whole Rice/Peterson/Hardy mess that he sees himself as untouchable, and the owners have, for the most part, backed that up.  Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all this nonsense about his and Kraft's relationship being strained is all just PR to get everyone to think that Goodell's actually not working in lockstep with the "assistant commissioner". 

I tend to agree, and I think the Pats -despite their public protestations- are not only resigned to the fact, but signed off on it. This report completely exonerated Belichick without investigating him at all. They failed to get Brady's phone, and never asked for Bill's. I can't imagine anyone who's followed Bill Belichicks career at all believes for a second that he didn't know about Tom's soft balls, or even had a hand in executing the whole thing. If they'd gotten Bill, the whole organization would've been tainted much, much worse. It's a big enough deal that they're letting Brady be the fall guy to protect the franchise.

And they'll accept the penalty because they don't want any further investigation. There's no doubt that Belichick is involved.

Exactly.

It's to be suspected, though, unfortunately. We've just reached a point where you can't expect anything coming out of the NFL headquarters to be entirely on the up and up. It won't be until the other owners rise up against Kraft and Goodell that the NFL can finally take steps to restore some integrity.

The NFL has painted themselves into a corner with these harsh punishments.  Tampering with footballs on an ongoing basis in a surreptitious manner is far worse than piped in crowd noise.

Very true, but the Browns and Falcons committed the most cardinal sin of them all.  They weren't the New England Patriots.  That tends to override everything else.

• Upvote 1

This is, of course, typical of Roger Goodell.  We knew all along that he wouldn't have the backbone to punish his assistant commissioner and the golden boy.

A one or two game suspension would essentially be the NFL sanctioning what Brady and the Patriots did and would only handed down to appease everyone else who rightly think that what the Patriots have done is wrong. 

I'm aware of that.

Assistant Commissioner is Kraft's nickname with some executives at the NFL offices.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company