Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Is it normal to close your eyes when hugging another man?

Leave him alone he is smelling the Chanel no. 5

I will stay on this board as long as i feel. I have broken no rules. I visit plenty of other football boards..

Your opinion of the pats doesnt affect me...i laugh at the posts.

So thanks

Well not really, you being on these boards is subject to any moderator.  The funny thing is both this forum and the old Jets insider forums have been so overly generous to pats fans who behave like asses and troll borders on silly.  Go to a pats fan site, say one wrong word about the team and your but is banned in seconds.

• Upvote 2

You would think Brady would have been smarter than this. 

He's tiger Woods smart apparently.  At least Tiger f'd women and not equipment guys.

Yea, damning evidence consists of alot of "possibly, probably, maybe, and could be's".

Not one bit of concrete evidence whatsoever.

If this ever came to real litigation in a court of law with people required to testify under oath you would get your answers.  In  the meantime Roger Goodell and the NFL set a precedent in the New Orleans ruling that cannot be over looked so even if you and the pat brethren cling to that last string of hope you are still going to get slapped by the league.

What is above is untrue. I been on both boards and jets insider would ban opposing fans in a min. If its members just didnt want you there.

And i been on pats boards n seen jets fans get a fair shake.

Here for me, and i have said this numerous times. Has been nothing but respectable n fair to all its users. Its one of the best sites out.

I Respect the site.

100% totally incorrect.  Have been on?  I was on jets insider for about 5 years and the same lame ass trolls were allowed to dip into each thread and toss in their obvious comments.  Once a year one would get suspended for a week maybe.  This forum us exactly the same.  If this forum was like a pats forum you certainly wpuld not be here.

• Upvote 1

The thing about this is the commish should be totally safe to hand out almost any punishment he wishes and though there will be tons of grumbling about it the pats will accept it while still proclaiming innocence.  If they try to challenge any punishment they know the next step is an even more in depth situation that could lead to actual legal action and then everything would come out.

I can see someone actually bringing legal action against them.  In the past these cases have been tossed quickly but it only take on judge.

A bit different, given the issue and scope.  You'd expect the HC to know about a bounty pool being run and discussed in his D room.  You wouldn't expect the coach to know about two equipment managers doctoring footballs for the QB, since it would never be discussed around him and he would never be in a position to notice it in the ordinary course of his duties.

Don't believe that for even one second.  Bill Belichick controls most aspects of that team.  He has a very close relationship with Brady. 

The NFL is not a court of law. They didn't have "hard evidence" in either BountyGate or the Aaron Hernandez suspension.

And the last thing in the world the Pats would want would be for it to go to a real court of law, that opens up testimony under oath, subpoenas etc.  These suspisiciosn would be confirmed very quickly.  Anything the NFL gives the pats will be accepted by them quickly even if they put up a fuss on the exterior.

No amount of investigation changes the fact that in order to determine whether there's a competitive advantage from deflating the balls, you need to have a sample of games known to have been played with deflated balls to compare to games known not to have been played with deflated balls.

'competitive advantage' is totally irrelevant in this case and is being used to muddy the waters.  The balls were illegal according to the rules, the balls were tampered with.  If the NFL wants to have a study on whether it matters or not be all means do so but in this case it means nothing at all.

• Upvote 1

The great thing about this is Bradys dad,Kraft, his agent can whine as much as they want and make any kind of statement they want but they are not going to do anything about any punishment handed down.  They can't, their hands are tied.  If they tryand take legal action or make some kind of hard appeal that simply opens the vault even wider.  there is nothing more that I would like in this case than for someone, anyone bring this into a legal situation where there must be concrete proof.

That would open up subpoenas for Bradys phone, testifying under oath and very serious consequences of perjury.  ZERO chance that there is any kind of concrete appeal to punishment here.

Also, notice how Goodell has distanced himself from this one tossing it in the lap of Vincent whereas he was front and center on all other major punishments?

• Upvote 2

We're on a leash too?

Probably not the 1st time some of you have worn a dog collar but we best not get into that...

Yes.

Google it.  That company specializes in providing 'scientific' reports that back the people that hire them.

They had a report that argued second hand smoke does not cause cancer.  Read that again. 

His lawyer brings up a great question where is Tom's testimony?  You want to paint a brush with texts and infer conclusions, what was Tom asked?  What did he say?  I hope Yee publishes his notes.  

Testimony?  You really think they are gojng to press for further details amongst all of their outrage?  The more the Pats side of the conflict presses for more 'proof' the more that opens things up for going after 'proof'.   I can can only hope that the pats or their lawyers or bradys agent takes that next step, them taking real legal action would be the best thing possible. 

You really are not very bright are you.  Time to get your head  out of the sand.  If Brady and his agent take this to court the NFL can subpena his cell phone provider.  His historical call records and texts will be there.  There was a reason why he did not give it up (other than the naked Gisele pics and sex videos. Hey props for those Tom)  He will then be implicated beyond a shadow of a doubt.    Better to publicly complain and state your innocence while  crying about the futility of fighting the system and will take whatever punishment is deemed appropriate.  That way he can look the martyr rather than proven the cheater.

LOL  I love the 1st sentence you posted.  My post and all my other posts on the subject have said EXACTLY the same thing you just post.  What an utter buffoon.

Sorry quoted the wrong thing, was supposed to be the post replay from the Pats fan.

No problem, I should not have gone off on you as well. 

Pats* fans are saying this was a "sting". The victim mentality is hilarious with that fan base.

paul_newman09.jpg

Let's step up a hugely expensive elaborate sting to get em boys.

• Upvote 1

The whole thing about this pattern of cheating is what else have they done and gotten away with?

If you see a guy in the courts that has 4 drunk driving convictions and a driving with suspended license then you know for every time he has been caught he has gotten away with it 10-20 times.

Even the tackle eligible scenario last year.  Do you think no other team thought of that exploit before?  Just another change in the rules to plug a seedy loophole used by the Pats.  Use every advantage, and come as close as possible to the line.  That culture ends up with people crossing the line and thinking it is acceptable.

• Upvote 1

They can be as harsh as they like, there is nothing the pats or brady can or will do about it other than bleat and whine.  The report as it is leaves enough doubt in their fans, owners, etc minds.  A true legal proceeding would take all of hat away and lead to a Lance Armstrong, Baseball steroid user like moment.

• Upvote 1

2) Bellecheck has been exonerated of this whole thing. He will not be fined. unlike the Sean Payton scenario in New Orleans, the Wells r eport clearly noted that he was not involved in this whole issue. 

(The guy from Atlanta that just got suspended for piped in noise had no knowledge of the whole thing.  The payton thing is not far at all from this issue.  Belichick has promoted and fostered a bend the rules to the edge for a long time.  If you don't do anything to Belichick who is in total control of all aspects of his team then nothing should have happened to payton, cerattinly not a year off and notjhing shoudl have happened to the Atl executive.)

3) The patrots orgization, not the owner will be fined ~ and it will be substantial. Expect to fine up to $500,000 and a second round pick.

Funny how they are going to fine a faceless org and yet in the atl, new orleans and cleveland incidents the execs got fined and or suspended.  $500,000 is way way too low though I don't doubt you may be right about the amount.  Woddy Johnson got fined $100,000 for saying.  I like to have Daryl Revis back.

NFL is in a tough spot...just suspended a guy for four games for sending text messages from the booth.  Now they have a star player tampering with equipment over an extended period of time?  In all reality it should be a full season, but there is NO WAY Kraft will sign off on that.  Two games/hefty fine/take a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO.

The NFL fined the Falcons $350,000 and the franchise will forfeit their fifth-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, the league announced Monday. President Rich McKay will also be suspended for at least three months from the Competition Committee beginning April 1.

$350  grand plus a draft pick plus a 4 month suspension for their president who had no knowledge of the piping in noise thing.

The NFL has painted themselves into a corner with these harsh punishments.  Tampering with footballs on an ongoing basis in a surreptitious manner is far worse than piped in crowd noise.

• Upvote 1

There was no 'testimony' in this case or this report.  There were interviews.  Testimony is more of a legal term which indicates providing information under oath.

"1. Law. the statement or declaration of a witness under oath or affirmation, usually in court.
2. evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof. "

If he wants to offer testimony then by all means, into the court if goes and you are subject to oath, and all penalties for lying under oath that are applicable.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company