Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

i dunno y that is funny...but it cracks me up

Yes... let the hilarity flow through you.

I hope this ends badly...

...for the Patsies.

But it won't. They've got their scapegoats McNally and Jastremski. I'd be surprised if Brady got more than a fine--if that. Belli and Kraft will be clean.

Sucks.

Can summarize 243 pages in one sentence: "We're pretty sure you did something, but we can't prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt"

Bingo.

This dynamic is very interesting. Pats fans believe Goodell is screwing them over, but other fans think Goodell is helping the Pats.

Very interesting.

My guess is a fine and maybe a 1 game suspension for Brady. That's it.

Wow, they think Goodell is screwing THEM over? How? By NOT giving them a free pass? By NOT ignoring any accusation of cheating against them? Do they have such a victim mentality that any accusation against them is a direct insult to their mothers? Do they think that any accusation should be ignored because it's just "haters hating" and it's not fair to them to tarnish their image? Do they think they should get special treatment like the little bullied boy who can't defend himself against the bigger, meaner kids? There hasn't even been any punishments yet! There probably won't be! But Pats fans really think Goodell--of all people in the NFL--is screwing THEM? Really? Please.

By the way, not yelling at you or questioning you. I believe you. Just venting. :happy0069:

Hope you guys are not too disappointed in the outcome.

Nope. I expect disappointment.

Brady is not only a cheater, apparently he's also a dick who treats equipment guys like sh*t:

1240507784564635208.png

Wait, are these actual texts they found? Holy sh*t. I didn't think they'd find and reveal anything like this. To me, it almost sounds like they are doing it on Tom's order and hate his guts.

Holy sh*t.

• Upvote 1

The report said Brady traded autographs and sneakers in exchange for the balls deflated.

Any truth to this?

Isn't that... uhhh... like, against the rules?

Damning.

McNally referred to himself as “the deflator” and stated that he was “not going to espn……..yet.”

Wait, does he mean got to espn as a whistleblower? Does he have more evidence that would incriminate Tom, or better yet, Belli?

• Upvote 1

My God.

This is sooooo much better than I thought it'd be.

tumblr_inline_n61s89LwAa1qmbnjy.gif

• Upvote 1

So, does Kraft now have to apologize to the league? ;)

This +1000000

That self-righteous douche.

• Upvote 1

Yes! He is low down piece of sh*t. He is a cheater... But I can't really go as far to say he isn't a good QB. Just is a better QB with his cheating ways.

But, is he? Is he good? I mean, I get that he's cerebral and knows the game well, but how long as he been cheating to make it easier for him to throw and the receivers to catch? We've all seen that combine picture with his flabby ass. How do we know is arm isn't complete sh*t? and he's been cheating all these years to make up for it? Is having a good brain the only qualification for being a good QB?

If these are true, and he's been doing this for years, than there is only one conclusion that I can come to.

Tom Brady is Chad Pennington, but with softer balls.

• Upvote 2

Kraft's entire statement presented below with no comment.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft issued the following statement Wednesday regarding the Wells report:

“When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 -- over 14 weeks ago -- I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

“I was convinced that Ted Wells’ investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don’t know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.

“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under-inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

“While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

That smug, delusional, cradle-robbing, self-righteous, god-damn son of a bitch.

• Upvote 2

tombrady_father.jpeg

Sooo... that's how it is in their family....

The Patriot Way

B85U0u9CIAAc6dK.jpg

• Upvote 2

Bill Polian: "He's been one of the two, three greatest of all-time. There's no argument about that."

There should be.

Just cause they are on the nfl network doesnt mean they would be bias.

lolololololololol

bowel of popcorn

Sooooo, I guess he eats it out of a human ass?

It was old three posts ago, stronzo.

Just as long as he doesn't get people to start screaming "expiation", I'm cool with it.

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee: "What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game?

WTF?

Hey! If the league was tipped off about our dirty-doings, they should have at least tipped US off so that we could have stopped doing it and kept from being caught!

• Upvote 3

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

"The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and terrible disappointment. It’s omission of key facts and lines of inquiry suggest the investigators reached a conclusion first, and then determined so-called facts later. One item alone taints this entire report. What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game? This suggests it may be more probable than not that the league cooperated with the Colts in perpetrating a sting operation. The Wells report buries this issue in a footnote on page 46 without any further elaboration. The league is a significant client of the investigators' law firm; it appears to be a rich source of billings and media exposure based on content in the law firm's website. This was not an independent investigation and the contents of the report bear that out – all one has to do is read closely and critically, as opposed to simply reading headlines. The investigators' assumptions and inferences are easily debunked or subject to multiple interpretations. Much of the report’s vulnerabilities are buried in the footnotes, which is a common legal writing tactic. It is a sad day for the league as it has abdicated the resolution of football-specific issues to people who don’t understand the context or culture of the sport. I was physically present for my client’s interview. I have verbatim notes of the interview. Tom made himself available for nearly an entire day and patiently answered every question. It was clear to me the investigators had limited understanding of professional football. For reasons unknown, the Wells report omitted nearly all of Tom’s testimony, most of which was critical because it would have provided this report with the context that it lacks. Mr. Wells promised back in January to share the results of this investigation publicly, so why not follow through and make public all of the information gathered and let the public draw its own conclusions? This report contains significant and tragic flaws, and it is common knowledge in the legal industry that reports like this generally are written for the benefit of the purchaser."

"Benefit of the purchaser"?  Why would it benefit the NFL to have its biggest marquee star and dynasty team get slammed like this?  And is he saying that the NFL should have accused them of cheating before the game without any evidence?  And yes, the law firm was paid for their work.  That is how it is done.  This is really desperate stuff.

I know I'm skeptical when it comes to any hard punishments being handed down, but the way that they are fighting back hard makes me wonder if they know that they aren't getting any help from Goodell. If Goodell had told them that he was going to cover for them and hand out meaningless penalties, I would imagine he would have AT LEAST told them to act penitent and remorseful. It almost look like they're thinking: "Well, if we're going down, we're going down swinging."

This is fascinating.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company