Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Take away their compensation picks at least, one is a third rounder

Why would that happen?

It is obvious that there is absolutley no proof whatsoever that the Pats did anything wrong.

Why do you think this has dragged on for over 100 days?

• Thumb Down 2

That reasoning is exactly backward. If there is nothing, why wouldn't the league announce it immediately?

Because then it would look like a cover-up.

By taking so much time, the league can say the investigation was "completely thorough" when they exonerate the Pats of any wrong doing whatsoever.

• Thumb Down 2

well you are a pats fan so you wont be objective. You probably think spygate didnt happen either lol

1) I'm one of the most objective posters on the board.

2) Pats got caught taping from a restricted area.  They broke the rules and were penalized accordingly.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Keep in mind Goodell said the league was interested in whether this went beyond just one game. That gives the physicist license to investigate fumble rate stats. Don't focus on just the one game.

Are you serious?

Fumble rates have as much correlation to under-inflated footballs as BBQ grills have on global warming.

Get a Clue mon,  

BTW your draft sucks so far!!!!!!!!!! BWaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Super Bowl winning teams don't need good drafts because they are already good.

Congrats on your draft so far, looks like the Jets can improve to 5-7 wins next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Who cares about deflategate the Patriots are quickly becoming a non factor.

Yea, defending Super Bowl champions are always a non-factor.

Jets fans are funny.

You know Bills a genius, every thing he touches turns to Gold. It's nothing what so ever to do with falling over a HOF Q.B in the 6th round, which would allow mere mortals to draft like sh@t for years, and get away with it.

Gronk in the 2nd round was another great move by BB.

Like most GMs, Belichick's drafts have been a mixed bag.  Some outstanding picks through the years and plenty of busts too.  Just like everyone else.  I see the same in this year's draft for NE.  Brown was a great pick and a great value where NE got him.  But the 2d and 3d round picks were huge reaches, and projections for 5th/6th rounds.  The rest of the draft seems ok, but I haven't done any research on most of those players.

What's your assessment of the NE draft (your non-troll assessment, please)?

I pretty much agree with everything you said above.

Brown was a good pick and it filled a need.

Richards could have been had in the 4th, let alone the 2nd.

I think it's pretty clear they deserve it.  They purposely deflated footballs to gain an illegal competitive advantage - and it sounds like they were doing it for years.

Funny how you know that as an absolute fact but the investgators looking into the situation haven't found anything in over 100 days.

Why have the investigators taken 100 days ? Care to explain ?

Easy, they haven't found a damn thing that implicates the Pats had anything to do with it.

Well if 11 of 12 patriots game balls being egregiously underinflated in multiple playoff games isn't proof I guess that's right.

2 lbs of PSI is the equivalent of a feather.

But whatever floats your boat.

Who is going to be the fall guy/person is the mystery-

If the investigation determines nothing happened, there will be no fall guy.

The original leak, Kravitz,  was 11 of 12 were 2lbs under.

Then Florio (I believe) said only one was 2 under, several were about a pound and the remaining were a tick or not under.

The lie is that the Patriots gauged them and then the refs gauged them. SWAG here, but I am guessing there was nothing more than a grip test.  Tom probably did not liike the 1-2 lbs under and they let air out. 

The refs grabbed and thought they are good.

Hey PFSIKH, did you post that from the grassy knoll?

• Upvote 1

But once you get caught cheating you no longer get the benefit of the doubt.  

I agree, anything the Jets do in the future during Free Agency will be measured by *****

That would be what Patsie trolls would expect as well. But when it comes to integrity of the game and the way it has been compromised eventually people will tune out.

People will never tune out the NFL, it's way too big of a brand.

If people are more concerned with the "integrity of the game" they need to go out support their local Pop Warner leagues.

The only thing that matters in the NFL is winning.

There we go. Someday's it is Pat's did not cheat, some other days is hey if they are winning than cheating is ok. You atleast have to keep your story straight.

I have said many times that the Pats were guilty of taping infractions.

I have also said the consequences to their actions were properly handled by the league.

Not sure how you think I am changing "my story".

What weighs more?  Two pounds of bricks or two pounds of feathers? 

Seriously?

Bricks are heavier than feathers.

Dumb Jets fans.

I hope this ends badly...

...for the Patsies.

But it won't. They've got their scapegoats McNally and Jastremski. I'd be surprised if Brady got more than a fine--if that. Belli and Kraft will be clean.

Sucks.

About time this stupid witch hunt is over.

Hope you guys are not too disappointed in the outcome.

• Thumb Down 6

This still hasn't made it to the NFL.com website.

Because it's not news.

• Thumb Down 1

there is so much damning evidence in this report, I don't even know where to begin.

Yea, damning evidence consists of alot of "possibly, probably, maybe, and could be's".

Not one bit of concrete evidence whatsoever.

• Thumb Down 7

That is exactly what it should be.  Tom Brady should not be able to play a game next year and BB should be a minimum of a 4 games....#1 pick....

And the Pats still easily win the AFCE.

No big deal whatsoever.

Let's see how he does in the 10 games he's not suspended for in 2015 with properly inflated footballs. 

You mean like how he performed against the Seahawks in the Super Bowl?

Dumb comment Kleck.

But the overall report comes up short because it fails to produce any concrete evidence against the Patriots. Basically, it says, "We think the Patriots broke the rules, but we can't be sure. In other words, nothing has been resolved

Says it all righ there.

• Thumb Down 1

A bit different, given the issue and scope.  You'd expect the HC to know about a bounty pool being run and discussed in his D room.  You wouldn't expect the coach to know about two equipment managers doctoring footballs for the QB, since it would never be discussed around him and he would never be in a position to notice it in the ordinary course of his duties.

Come on Doggy, stop ruining a good thread with common sense.

• Thumb Down 3

This is worse than BountyGate..

Playing with a slightly under-inflated football is worse than paying players to purposely injure other players?

Jets fans are friggn' hilarious.

Tex I realize this is a sh*tty day for you but please refrain from personal attacks.

I guess you didn't read his initial post directed at me.

That's OK, it's not worth it responding to him anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Hopefully 1st ballot HOF is no more

Brady will go in as an unanimous 1st ballot HOF inductee.

You dont think that Spygate/deflategate will not have an impact whatsoever? Im not saying that he wont be 1st ballot, but unanimous? You dont think no one who votes is going to have have problem with this 15 year history? Serious question.

5 years after Brady retires is a long time.

Who knows what the consensus of the writers who vote will be like at that time.

Hell, they have (absurdly BTW) kept Klecko out of the HOF for all these years.

Could have a few that would blackball Brady.

Really, on NFL network? LOL

Bob Costas said on the national news tonight, if this happened to any of the other 31 teams, it would already swept under the rug.

Because of the Pats dominance well over a decade, it's the issue it is today.

• Thumb Down 3

The abnormal fumble rate compared to the other 31 teams through many years of Tom Brady certainly suggests that this specific form of New England cheating has been going on for many years.

Ah, more speculation and innuendo based on no facts whatever.

Suggests = Possibly?

Okay, I just asked because you said it with such nonchalance. 5 years isnt long. Its not long enough for a guy like Barry Bonds. How many years has it been since Pete Rose bet on baseball? Look at A-Rod.

Tom Brady represents the face of a franchise that has represented two of the biggest team scandals in football this century. 

Tom Brady is one of the greatest QB's ever, but whats worst than actually taking steroids is actually having the physical ability but tainting it with stuff like this. Well, actually whats worst than that is watching the NFL allow this to go silent from the SB on to after the draft and for this to be released days after the draft. These guys have gotten crazy favoritism, so much so that the fans of the players can even see stuff like this and honestly think that it would be virtually impossible for Brady not to get in 1st ballot unanimous. And thats not a shot at you, you're a good dude, im speaking generally about patriot fans and the favoritism by virtually everyone involved with football when it comes to this classless cheating organization. 

I guess we'll see the reason why you guys have it so sweet when we see a slap on the wrist for this in comparison to what the team and coach of the Saints had to deal with a couple years back. 

Im about to put my popcorn in the microwave now because this is going to be entertaining lol.

I'm already on my 2nd bowel of popcorn.

BTW, that was a good post.

Thanks. 

The rest of this offseason is going to be ridiculous. Do you have any feelings on what may be past down as a punishment?

Brady gets suspended, Pats will lose a draft pick and Kraft will be fined.

BB will get suspended as well

Nope, the report completely exonerated BB.

You dont think that the league will suspend Belichick? I ask because the NFL has made the precedent with Sean Payton's bountygate situation, suspending him for an entire year for something that he said he didnt know about and there was no actual evidence to confirm that he had actual foreknowledge. 

How long do you think Brady will be suspended for? 

Also, I ask the questions because I really want to know what a Pats fan thinks about it, while also bringing up other occurrences as a reference. You're a more sensible Pats fan, I'd like to see if you think that your team may be dealt with differently than other team, even with the past history such as spygate.

Like I said earlier, the report completely exonerated BB. It's not like Sean Peyton where everything happened in his locker room.

I think Brady will get suspended for 2-4 games.

Pats will also lose a high round draft pick next year.

I get that but if idiot Idzik signs Revis and Desean last year we kick the S out of the patriots deflated balls or not

Stop living in a dreamworld.

The Pats have kicked the Jets ass for well over a decade now.

It won't stop this year either.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company