Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Blame Revis or somebody else they lost in free agency and claim that's the real reason they didn't bring the player back because they didn't follow the "Patriot Way".

Edited by AirForceJetFan

When people start questioning your integrity that means you have very little left. I think if Goodell lets Pats get away with cheating again with nothing more than a slap on the wrist there will severe repercussion's which would at best be put to rest by his firing. And even then NFL might lose some fans forever. Bottomline, whenever an integrity of a sport is up for debate usually the fandom loses interest in the sport.

I wish it were true, but I think you're wrong...SB had largest audience in history, a trillion people watched the draft...the NFL has moved on and so has 99.9% of the country.

• Upvote 1

So you are saying.1% is JN.  :)

Give or take .0005%

In things like these you never know when the other shoe drops. But when the integrity of the game is in question it could be at any point of time and it could be very fatal. There has not been a single regular season game since DeflateGate. We will see what happens.

They were caught cheating before and he burned the tapes...there will never  be a more obvious example of blatant cheating.  Yet...the sport just keeps growing and growing.

That was different. At that point people gave Goodell the benefit of the doubt because he was relatively new. But after all the scandals i do not think people will give the commish any benefit of doubt. He has used all his chips.

Just assuming that the sport will keep on growing and growing no matter what is biggest misstep any sport can make.

Time will tell.  I'm gonna' say Pats get no penalty of any significance if anything at all...and stadiums will be packed every Sunday...again.

and i don't blame goodell one bit for doing nothing. would be much more detrimental to the game if he takes away draft picks for cheating but let's the championship stand. he has two choices: little/no punishment or big punishment/endure endless abuse for not stripping title. NFL will never strip a title. ever.

Fans complained about the titles last time he destroyed evidence and it went away.  That cheating scandal was far worse than this one. 

The .1% are Jets fans.

They keep waiting and hoping.

Just the way it goes...if the Jets won SB's by cheating and were later caught cheating again, you'd like something to be done about it.  The fact that they're pretending it takes six months to answer the question makes it look that much worse.  There is no way it doesn't look like  a cover-up even if there isn't one.  The league has decided to stall and stall and stall and stall and stall..so when they finally come out and offer Kraft his apology it's gonna' look bad...but the league will be just fine.

Perhaps I should have been more clear.  I didn't say they cheated IN the SB, I said they won SB's by cheating...as in, we know they were cheating during the season's leading up to SB wins.  You don't get to the SB w/o winning enough games to make the playoffs.  If you or anyone else wants to believe they only cheated to GET to the SB where they would then stop cheating, that's your choice..  The only facts we have are that they were cheating to win football games.  Once that was abundantly clear, all of the evidence was burned.  If the evidence was harmless, it would have been returned to the Pats and/or shown to reporters to assure fans that nothing shady occurred during NE SB runs. 

So no, I don't know that the New England Patriots cheated during the SB itself, just in games that they had to win to get to the SB.

• Upvote 1

How can you punish a team for taping signals, not stealing signals because that is legal in the NFL, but return the tapes? 

Does that sound like it makes sense?

Punish them for what the whole world saw them doing, destroy tapes containing what nobody saw them doing, pretend SB wins were legit.  That, to me, doesn't make sense.

GUILTY!

CEVpS2zUEAEafYn.jpg

Figured as much..."we um, think, there might be a chance they knew...blah blah blah".

Brady refused to turn over his phone....who do they think he is, Mark Sanchez?

This is HUGE if true. By NFL Players contract I am sure Brady should have turned phone over. Clear indication of coverup and phone data admitting guilt.

Of course he didn't turn it over...what is he, Mark Sanchez?

You would think Brady would have been smarter than this. 

Crazy

Edited by AirForceJetFan

From page 18 of the report, this certainly appears to be Brady orchestrating a cover up:

Additional evidence of Brady‟s awareness includes a material increase in the frequency of telephone and text communications between Brady and Jastremski shortly after suspicions of ball tampering became public on January 19. After not communicating by telephone or text message for more than six months (based on data retrieved from Jastremski‟s cell phone), Brady and Jastremski spoke by telephone at least twice on January 19 (calls lasting a total of 25 minutes and 2 seconds), twice on January 20 (calls lasting a total of 9 minutes and 55 seconds) and twice on January 21 (calls lasting a total of 20 minutes and 52 seconds) before Jastremski surrendered his cell phone to the Patriots later that day for forensic imaging. These calls included conversations relatively early during the mornings of January 19 (7:26 a.m. for 13 minutes and 4 seconds), January 20 (8:22 a.m. for 6 minutes and 21 seconds) and January 21 (7:38 a.m. for 13 minutes and 47 seconds). Brady also took the unprecedented step of inviting Jastremski to the QB room (essentially Brady‟s office) in Gillette Stadium on January 19 for the first and only time that Jastremski can recall during his twenty-year career with the Patriots, and Brady sent Jastremski text messages seemingly designed to calm Jastremski (“You good Jonny boy?”; “You doing good?”). For his part, Jastremski sent Brady text messages confirming that he was okay (“Still nervous; so far so good though”) and cautioning Brady about questioning (“FYI...Dave will be picking your brain later about it. He‟s not accusing me, or anyone...trying to get to bottom of it. He knows it‟s unrealistic you did it yourself...”).

So this is from the report?  The report that says he might have known?

Except for all the texts between your team's employees.  McNally did not say he "could be" the "deflator" or "probably was" the "deflator"... he IS the "deflator". 

You mad, bro?

I don't think mad begins to describe it.  Pats fans thought they'd witnessed that elusive legitimate championship.

• Upvote 1

Guilt has clearly been established as well as a franchise wide attempt at a cover-up....

Only question now is what will be penalties?

7th rounder next year, then award Pats an extra 6th rd comp pick.

Edited by AirForceJetFan
  • Upvote 1

I know that the possibility of seeing Brady held accountable for this is a nice thought, but I don't see any way the league does anything more than 1 game and a few grand....and I'd be shocked if they even did that much.

The whole world sees NFL teams sending in signals.  They used cameras. 

uh huh

NFL is in a tough spot...just suspended a guy for four games for sending text messages from the booth.  Now they have a star player tampering with equipment over an extended period of time?  In all reality it should be a full season, but there is NO WAY Kraft will sign off on that.  Two games/hefty fine/take a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO.

The thing is I really think Kraft is out of the loop on this one...I honestly believe the other owners had enough of the culture of cheating by the Pats and pressed the league to do the right thing...it's also why this is on Faye Vincent's desk and not Goodell's.

LOL...I know you meant Troy Vincent but that made me laugh.

I just find it hard to believe Kraft's opinion will be dismissed outright by Goodell...and I know they tell us it's Vincent, but would anyone be shocked to find out that's the line they're feeding us to take the heat off Goodell when it's only a few games?

The NFL fined the Falcons $350,000 and the franchise will forfeit their fifth-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, the league announced Monday. President Rich McKay will also be suspended for at least three months from the Competition Committee beginning April 1.

$350  grand plus a draft pick plus a 4 month suspension for their president who had no knowledge of the piping in noise thing.

The NFL has painted themselves into a corner with these harsh punishments.  Tampering with footballs on an ongoing basis in a surreptitious manner is far worse than piped in crowd noise.

Based on these past cases, BB should be facing a heavy suspension too, but I don't see that happening.  The whole "ignorance is not an excuse" is going to be thrown right out the window.

Teddy Bruschi on ESPN "I don't think there should be a suspension because I do not accept the report" 

LMFAO :rl:  :rl:

That's cool...maybe Aaron Hernandez should refuse to accept his verdict so he can be free again.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company