Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

The report kind of goes out of its way to exonerate Belichick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/brady-assured-belichick-he-did-nothing-wrong-in-deflategate/

“Belichick asked Brady directly whether he had any knowledge about any of the issues raised by the press since the AFC Championship Game,” the report says. “According to Belichick, Brady said ‘absolutely not.’ Belichick stated that he then asked if Brady or anyone Brady knew had tampered with or in any way altered the footballs. Brady again denied any knowledge or involvement. Belichick recalled that Brady also explained that once he inspects and approves game balls, those balls are exactly as he likes them and that he would not want anyone to do anything to them after that point. Belichick believed Brady. Belichick and Brady attended the team meeting, and Belichick told the team that there was ‘not one shred of truth’ to the deflation allegations. When given the floor, Brady repeated what he had told Belichick about wanting game balls to be exactly as he approved them.”

The investigation strongly suggests that Brady did, in fact, pressure the Patriots’ equipment staff to deflate footballs used by the team. But the investigation also suggests that Belichick was unaware. If the NFL is going to make a high-profile person within the Patriots organization suffer consequences over this, it’s going to be Brady, not Belichick.

i Hope there are no suspensions - I hope brady is made to play with properly inflated balls in cold games so we can watch his head get taken off by opposing DE just like every other QB in league - I do however hope they get a draft pick taken.   brady may just call it quits - take his deflated balls and say im not playing with you guys anymore so there!

I think they (nfl) are trying to establish time frame with this.  The NFL does not want the * anymore than Cheatorites do.  I think if you closely read the document they are trying to frame it around this season "started with game against jets" etc....  They dont want anyone to say the last 10 years have been a fraud NFL.

Very clever actually.  This was probably all agreed to by Brady and co ahead of time, Belicheat, Kraft, and commish...even the other owners

clever keeping brady away from WH too.

i like how they added the special teams balls in the report - like no one was even questioning them - but someone got them to add to the reports so at least the report can say nobody tampered with them though

Makes no sense, if they would've not cheated they would be no dominance. Try again. 

yeah just like in Atlanta pumping cheers into standium or Bounty gate those were swept under the rug right

The whole thing about this pattern of cheating is what else have they done and gotten away with?

If you see a guy in the courts that has 4 drunk driving convictions and a driving with suspended license then you know for every time he has been caught he has gotten away with it 10-20 times.

Even the tackle eligible scenario last year.  Do you think no other team thought of that exploit before?  Just another change in the rules to plug a seedy loophole used by the Pats.  Use every advantage, and come as close as possible to the line.  That culture ends up with people crossing the line and thinking it is acceptable.

it is a shame this 20something year old brady just coming into the league was taught its ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught by his coach.

it is also a shame they are teaching all the patriot fans it is ok as well...and they dont even realize it what they are doing to their own kids.

our politicians do the same thing.

• Upvote 1

very fair and balanced take on things

lol at the conspiracy thoery

yes but point is it was done on

NFL.COM

which doesnt want to harm its own product 

my guess is tomorrow 10am verdict comes down and it will he hard one!

might be closer to the end of the day - but yes, I agree - it'll happen tomorrow and it'll be substantial.

Maybe not as much as we want but it will be strong. 

i originally tho it was going to be slap in wrist at 1st too

but now I think it will be harsh - who knows tho

i hope they let him play tho - I dont want suspensions - I want them to have to play fair for a change 

Brady likes it soft. Did I miss something?

get ur mind outta the gutter

we are very tolerant of ur homosapians here

we dont care how they like it as long as they keep it, u know, away from us hetirosexual types, if you pardon my language there eh

<my charlie bunker impr >

• Thumb Down 1

The man is so overwhelmed and riddled with guilt his entire face was frozen tight. 

That was just the Ben wa balls

Yee (Brady's agent) may have made things worse for Brady. Maybe.

Should have said nothing, as Brady did this time, or instead of merely highlighting the lack of direct evidence implicating Brady, as Kraft did. Instead what he did, as Brady's representative, is to implicate the commissioner and an investigative firm in a conspiracy to get Brady. Whether out of Brady's mouth or not, I doubt Goodell is going to be enamored by such a suggestion.

Beyond all the phrasing, like "more probable than not" and such, is the obvious underlying conclusion any reasonable person will draw: these 2 shmos ain't doctoring the Patriots' footballs without Tom Brady's knowledge, and possibly (if not likely) Belichick's as well. While it's technically possible Belichick didn't know about this until the rest of us did, it is not possible this was done behind Brady's back. Not merely his knowledge/awareness, but rather at his outright request.

Where on earth would these guys get the idea of sneaking around to do this unless they were under direct orders to do so? The obvious answer, of course, is they wouldn't.And equally obvious is that Brady told them to do it.

belicheat is a liar.

He already stated he purposely scuffed up\over inflated balls for practices because most narcissists cant resist telling you how smart they are but in doing so implicated himself because it would only be logically that he would look for the optimal ball conditions during games.  Yet he claim to know very little about ball prep....yeah right. 

• Upvote 2

To quote Allen Iverson, you are talking about practice, not a game, but practice.  Practice.  I cannot remember the rest otherwise I would go on.

hmmm ok welll

to quote the immortal melvin udall

People who talk in metaphores ought to shampoo my crotch

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company