Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

It's pretty gross, really. Trolling aside, the Pats history of cheating, flagrantly, is something that will always be discussed along with any mention of success they've had during this era. They really are the Barry Bonds of pro football.

• Upvote 1

Should be Brady getting 4 games, Pats lose a 2016 1st, $250k fine.

Unfortunately I still think Pats will only have a financial penalty. Without hard evidence they can't get docked a pick.

The NFL is not a court of law. They didn't have "hard evidence" in either BountyGate or the Aaron Hernandez suspension.

Fine. How about the rule against banned posters coming back with an Alias? Check your manual and let me know.

Ah sh*t

It kind of is, when we let previously banned posters back.

You all have a shorter leash.

Ah sh*t

Battista doesn't **** around. If she's writing it, it means that's the perception at the highest levels of the league.

I tend to agree, and I think the Pats -despite their public protestations- are not only resigned to the fact, but signed off on it. This report completely exonerated Belichick without investigating him at all. They failed to get Brady's phone, and never asked for Bill's. I can't imagine anyone who's followed Bill Belichicks career at all believes for a second that he didn't know about Tom's soft balls, or even had a hand in executing the whole thing. If they'd gotten Bill, the whole organization would've been tainted much, much worse. It's a big enough deal that they're letting Brady be the fall guy to protect the franchise.

And they'll accept the penalty because they don't want any further investigation. There's no doubt that Belichick is involved.

I'd imagine flipping through Belichick's phone would be as incriminating as flipping through Vladimir Putin's phone.

• Upvote 2

WEEI reporting it's going to be 6-8 games for Brady.

Bedard saying that the Pats are "keeping score" with reporters right now, and that there will be consequences for slamming the organization moving forward. Pretty much pointing the finger directly at Tom Curran.

What, Belichick is going to share even less information now? Talk about an empty threat. And I thought Curran has been relatively pro-Patriots through this?

I think Bedard is pointing to Curran as a guy who's kowtowing to the Pats, similar to the way Isola calls out his colleagues on the Knicks beat for homerism.

Curran has been one of the best since day one, always calls it like it is.

Who cares what the Pats think?

I think Mike Reiss is your best guy. Yes?

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company