Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

Let's see how he does in the 10 games he's not suspended for in 2015 with properly inflated footballs.

Me thinks you may be in for a rude awakening. 

we seen it in the superbowl...he beat the best defense in the league and won another ring!

ha ha

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Pats still easily win the AFCE.

No big deal whatsoever.

Of course, because they have at least 5 or 6 other systematic means of cheating going on elsewhere in that organization.  The players change, the coaches change and the success continues... there's a reason that not one coach or player has left that organization and found anywhere close to the success they had when they were in that organization and that includes the head coach.

They are known proven cheaters and frauds.  No matter how many times people like you try to shout from the hilltops to convince people of your team's legitimacy, it will never matter.  That must tear you up inside.

The more and more i read this report the more it becomes apparent that Tom Brady and the Patriots did their best to no co-operate with the investigation.

Brady did not submit his phone as required.

Pats counsel denied to make McNally available for a follow up interview which was sought by the investigators.

Then i read Robert Kraft's reaction "“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome."

And the rest of Kraft's press statement was disgraceful.  There is no way to look at the report and come up with any other conclusion than they cheated and Brady orchestrated it.

he should be embarrassed for continuing this level of denial.

Yeah so they get a slap on the wrist when there is video catching them red handed... do you really think anything significant will come out of this? Not a chance.

the deflated balls have already been recycled.

this is why they waited until after the draft

heavy draft pick removal for NEXT year so they can plan...

I would rather have them lose their pick in a year when they are not picking 32nd.  And chances are better that it will be a much better pick that they will lose if Brady is suspended for a few games, as he should be.  I would guess 4.

These Patsy trolls are funny. Like circus clowns. It looks like there will be suspensions. Some of those texts are unreal. The other shoe is about to drop.

A season each for Brady and Bellichick and a 1st rounder.

Has to be equivalent to the Saints...otherwise it's weak.

You mean like how he performed against the Seahawks in the Super Bowl?

Dumb comment Kleck.

Throwing 2 picks, needing an historically bad play call to "win?"

A great QB. like Joe Montana, leaves no doubt. He plays mistake free football when it matters most and he's facing another Hall of Famer in a championship game. 

Tom Brady is a fraud. 

Kraft's entire statement presented below with no comment.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft issued the following statement Wednesday regarding the Wells report:

“When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 -- over 14 weeks ago -- I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

“I was convinced that Ted Wells’ investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don’t know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.

“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under-inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

“While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

I would rather have them lose their pick in a year when they are not picking 32nd. And chances are better that it will be a much better pick that they will lose if Brady is suspended for a few games, as he should be. I would guess 4.

Yeah radio hosts are also thinking 4 games jnitially and then an appeal that might reduce it to 2 games. This is Brady's 2nd major violation. He knew every bit of what was going on with spygate since he was getting the signals. Maybe he wasn't the mastermind behind it, but he certainly was the biggest beneficiary of it.

Yea, damning evidence consists of alot of "possibly, probably, maybe, and could be's".

Not one bit of concrete evidence whatsoever.

Fortunately, none is needed, This is not a court of law. There is quite enough here to justify severe punishment. And that is all the more so due to their previous penalization for cheating. Expect much worse punishment for a second offense.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft issued the following statement Wednesday regarding the Wells report:

“When I addressed the media at the Super Bowl on January 26 -- over 14 weeks ago -- I stated that I unconditionally believed that the New England Patriots had done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of the NFL rules and that I was disappointed in the way the league handled the initial investigation. That sentiment has not changed.

“I was convinced that Ted Wells’ investigation would find the same factual evidence supported by both scientific formula and independent research as we did and would ultimately exonerate the Patriots. Based on the explanations I have heard and the studies that have been done, I don’t know how the science of atmospheric conditions can be refuted or how conclusions to the contrary can be drawn without some definitive evidence.

“What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under-inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome. To say we are disappointed in its findings, which do not include any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game, would be a gross understatement. In addition, given our level of cooperation throughout the process, I was offended by the comments made in the Wells Report in reference to not making an individual available for a follow-up interview. What the report fails to mention is that he had already been interviewed four times and we felt the fifth request for access was excessive for a part-time game day employee who has a full-time job with another employer.

“While I respect the independent process of the investigation, the time, effort and resources expended to reach this conclusion are incomprehensible to me. Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

What an arrogant douche. Even Kraft is a ****in' troll. 

Sounds like a petulant child that got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

Be a man Kraft...sickening.

What a cocksucking hypocrite this bastard is.

This would (should) be handled like a Civil Trail would.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" is not required.  

Only a "preponderance of evidence", i.e. >50% chance they're guilty.

The report clearly says it meets that second burden.

If Tom Brady gets anything less than a year, it's an absolute fraud.

Bellichek might skate (he shouldn;t, see The Saints for why), but he might.

But the two ballmen should be banned for life, and Brady banned a year.  Minimum.

Prediction - Brady gets suspended for a year and decides to retire.

Would absolutely love this to happen, but will not happen.  He is too much of an asset to the NFL.  He will get a wrist-slap.  But I would also like to see draft pick(s).

A season each for Brady and Bellichick and a 1st rounder.

Has to be equivalent to the Saints...otherwise it's weak.

Spygate = Blatant Cheating = 1st rounder

Bounty gate = physical football = bans n suspensions

Deflategate = 2nd occurrence of cheating = 20k fine

Only makes sense. Play tough football n get banned or cheat n win SBs.

Archived