Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

So it's the Jets fault because Brady was frustrated by his own sh*tty performance?

According to the report Brady freaked out about almost losing to the jets that's why he did this.

My guess is they had been doing it for years periodically and stopped to avoid getting caught. They got their asses kicked that Monday night game by Kansas City and almost lost to the jets so it was 10.5 psi rest of the way and Brady and Belichick riding those lockeroom attendants hence the funny text messages.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More deserving of getting decked in the face: Bro in a Tapout shirt or some idiot wearing a TMT hat? I'm going with the TMT guy.

Will you be discussing the conceptual exploration of space-time continuum in science fiction over the past 50 years before, or after, said decking in face?

Why weren't the patriots disciplined before the draft ? Now if they're to take away draft picks it'll be a WHOLE year before it would come into effect....

On another note, the seahawks were literally inches and a handoff away from being Super Bowl champs which makes it even more frustrating.  

With any luck, the lost draft picks will be the least of the penalties,

Surely you're joking. Other than rubbing balls up, what other sport allows teams to modify balls> Should pitchers be allowed to apply any substance they want to a baseball?

Brady likes softer balls. They must feel better n easier to hold on to. Plus he also likes to rub them.

I'm loving ESPN right now. Brady stood in front of a national audience and lied through his teeth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't get to a TV - ESPN is coming out against the Pats and not protecting them?

If that's true - awesome.

Wait, what's that story??

December 1982:  Pats sent the plow onto the field to clear the snow in the kicker's way near the end of a 0-0 tie game against the Dolphins.  Of course this is illegal now and probably was then too, but it set the standard for that corrupt franchise.

I can't get to a TV - ESPN is coming out against the Pats and not protecting them?

If that's true - awesome.

They keep looping that presser he had before the Super Bowl where he lied

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The more and more i read this report the more it becomes apparent that Tom Brady and the Patriots did their best to no co-operate with the investigation.

Brady did not submit his phone as required.

Pats counsel denied to make McNally available for a follow up interview which was sought by the investigators.

Then i read Robert Kraft's reaction "“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome."

And that is why the penalties should be even more severe than the deflation, coupled with being a second offense, would have garnered.

I hope he's suspended for at least half the season.

That will send a clear and harsh message that this is/was a big deal.

IMO, as far as history and the legacy, this puts a blemish and a cloud and an asterisk next to his 4 SB wins.

As far as I'm concerned we have one up on the Pats.

No one can ever ours away from us.  We won our SB far and square - no questions.

It's funny how ignorance wasn't a defense for Sean Payton a few years ago but is all of a sudden a valid defense for Belichick.

A bit different, given the issue and scope.  You'd expect the HC to know about a bounty pool being run and discussed in his D room.  You wouldn't expect the coach to know about two equipment managers doctoring footballs for the QB, since it would never be discussed around him and he would never be in a position to notice it in the ordinary course of his duties.

A season each for Brady and Bellichick and a 1st rounder.

Has to be equivalent to the Saints...otherwise it's weak.

Has to be more severe than for the Saints. Keep in mind it's a second cheating offense, coupled with lack of cooperation with the investigation.

The thing about this is the commish should be totally safe to hand out almost any punishment he wishes and though there will be tons of grumbling about it the pats will accept it while still proclaiming innocence.  If they try to challenge any punishment they know the next step is an even more in depth situation that could lead to actual legal action and then everything would come out.

I can see someone actually bringing legal action against them.  In the past these cases have been tossed quickly but it only take on judge.

A bit different, given the issue and scope.  You'd expect the HC to know about a bounty pool being run and discussed in his D room.  You wouldn't expect the coach to know about two equipment managers doctoring footballs for the QB, since it would never be discussed around him and he would never be in a position to notice it in the ordinary course of his duties.

Poppycock.   Rex ignored his offense his entire tenure as a Jets coach.  It's possible, not likely, but possible.

Don't believe that for even one second.  Bill Belichick controls most aspects of that team.  He has a very close relationship with Brady. 

Tom Brady's jackass father claims his lying, douchebag, cheater of a son is being framed:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/tom-bradys-dad-declares-wells-report-framegate/

I don’t have any doubt about my son’s integrity — not one bit,” Brady Sr. said. “In this country, you’re innocent until proven guilty. It just seems Tommy is now guilty until proven innocent. This thing is so convoluted. . . . They say that possibly — possibly — he was aware of this. The reality is if you can’t prove he did it, then he’s innocent, and lay off him. That’s the bottom line.”

Short of a full written confession by Bellichick and Brady, this is as damning a report as could possibly be.  Goodell is in an awkward position with Kraft.  He is going to have to do something here.  And I don't think Kraft helped his position at all by coming out with his defiant statement.

Tom Brady's jackass father claims his lying, douchebag, cheater of a son is being framed:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/tom-bradys-dad-declares-wells-report-framegate/

I don’t have any doubt about my son’s integrity — not one bit,” Brady Sr. said. “In this country, you’re innocent until proven guilty. It just seems Tommy is now guilty until proven innocent. This thing is so convoluted. . . . They say that possibly — possibly — he was aware of this. The reality is if you can’t prove he did it, then he’s innocent, and lay off him. That’s the bottom line.”

Does Tom Brady Sr. understand that this is not a court of law and that there is no burden of proof standard here? Is he really as dumb as his cheating ****tard son?

Any time a parent comes out defending their kid is inevitable that they are going to look dopey.  He really should keep his mouth shut and let the conclusion seep in over time that his son is a cheater.

Don't believe that for even one second.  Bill Belichick controls most aspects of that team.  He has a very close relationship with Brady.

which is why NFL has decision of putting brady under Bus or actually doing as you rightfully state 'sighting Pats for Lack of Institutional Control' and come down hard on Kraft (fine/suspension/loss of SB wins), Brady (fine/suspension/loss of SB wins), Belly (fine/suspension/loss of SB wins) and team (loss of draft picks, NFL officials officially monitor Pats sidelines/Pressbox for probationary period))

Any time a parent comes out defending their kid is inevitable that they are going to look dopey.  He really should keep his mouth shut and let the conclusion seep in over time that his son is a cheater.

tombrady_father.jpeg

Sooo... that's how it is in their family....

Archived