Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Haiku time? How fun! Let me try.

Feigns ambivalence, emotional wreck inside, dies alone. Many cats.

This is why I try to avoid giving honest answers to stupid questions.

Come on Doggy, stop ruining a good thread with common sense.

doesn't matter at all. payton was suspended because whether or not he knew....HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. its his team and it happened under his watch. problem is bellicheat already set the precedent with being all too willing to cheat himself. you lead by example, and the example the cheating pos coach set is that cheating is acceptable. and the evidence here is very strong, circumstantial but strong. you have a qb who is ocd about the way his balls are inflated. you have 2 guys exchanging text messages referring to it, and referring to getting paid with memorabilia to make sure the balls are the way brady likes them. you also have video evidence of mcnally going into the bathroom with balls he took from the equipment room (which the refs were wondering why they were gone) and then you have virtually every one of those balls being found to be underinflated. if i were on a jury its a guilty verdict. that said, they dont even need to prove this "beyond a reasonable doubt"....if brady and his cheating coach arent suspended then its a sham. btw, every patriots title is now officially tainted. congratulations you've spent years gloating over a bunch of fraudulent wins

• Upvote 1

Damage control has already started.

Deflategate won't affect Brady's legacy

Said ESPN NFL Front Office Insider Bill Polian: "I don't think ["Deflategate"] changes anything about the quality of his play, and the kind of quarterback he's been. He's been one of the two, three greatest of all-time. There's no argument about that."

David Ortiz turns delusionsal:

Joe McDonald @ESPNJoeyMac
O8uwzOoY_normal.jpeg

Red Sox' David Ortiz on Patriots' situation: "It bugs me. What does it have to do with winning the Super Bowl?” 13m

Bill Polian is a senile old fool 

This is not just smoke...and I'm not even going to address the 'gayness' of it all since it *is* the Patriots.

"I have a big needle for you this week".  LOL

img25176347.jpg

the way I see it, there are 2 precedents to factor in here;

spygate - punishment was for the "hubris" of doing something a week after being told not to in a written memo as much as the basic scummy nature of spying

and

bountygate - the HC is responsible for everything that happens.  everything.  ignorance is no excuse

I can't see how belicheat escapes punishment here

add to that brady's miserable performance of lying to the nation

add to that 2 rules changes that had to be made at the winter meetings because of patriot shenanigans

it has to stop.  they have to be dealt with.  enough is enough

Here's what I think is going to happen (and has already happened) The other owners have had enough and they put enough pressure on Goodell to treat this investigation cleanly.  This is clearly not a white wash and demands strong and obvious penalties.  They will be handed out strongly here.

I won't be surprised if they both get a year and lose a #1...

This is worse than BountyGate..

• Upvote 1

Like POS father and POS son....

"To impugn somebody without conclusive evidence saying this is more probable than not?" Brady Sr. said. "The reality is they have scientific evidence. Now they're overriding the scientific evidence and badgering the Patriots. It's disgusting."

Lol, pathetic Sr.

i like how they added the special teams balls in the report - like no one was even questioning them - but someone got them to add to the reports so at least the report can say nobody tampered with them though

Playing with a slightly under-inflated football is worse than paying players to purposely injure other players?

Jets fans are friggn' hilarious.

Unfortunately I still think Pats will only have a financial penalty.  Without hard evidence they can't get docked a pick.

Whether there is hard evidence or not may depend on your definition of hard evidence. I just finished looking over the appendices to the investigation report that presented the results of physical testing. In my opinion as a professional physicist, that testing was well done and presents a compelling case that the deflation of the Pats' footballs was not due to natural causes. The only reasonable explanation then is manual deflation. And the testing even included timing how long it would take to do the deflation manually. About 70 seconds or so, well within the time the Pats' ball guy was in the restroom with the balls.

That's hard evidence in my mind. And it is my opinion that the test methods and results will stand up to the scrutiny of other readers with a suitable technical background.

• Upvote 1

Playing with a slightly under-inflated football is worse than paying players to purposely injure other players?

Hilarious text prior to this game about giving the assistant a "big needle for you this week" vs. Bears.....

here's Cindy's stats:

New England Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG T. Brady 30/35 354 10.1 5 TD 0 INT  98.8 148.4 J. Garoppolo 3/3 22 7.3 0 0 1-11 7.3 97.2 Team 33/38 365 9.9 5 0 1-11 -- --

• Upvote 1

Here's what I think is going to happen (and has already happened) The other owners have had enough and they put enough pressure on Goodell to treat this investigation cleanly.  This is clearly not a white wash and demands strong and obvious penalties.  They will be handed out strongly here.

I won't be surprised if they both get a year and lose a #1...

on a cumulative basis I agree

the lying is super disrespecful

billionaires don't like being disrespected

heck, neither do I, lol

it's the lying numb nuts

I thought that mattered ?

maybe being a pats* fan has warped you

whats even more hilarious is that the whole internet persona you've built relies on the patriots dominance. now the thing thats evident is that the team is a fraud. your schtick has been tired for years, get a new gig

Yes seasons. 4 games would not even be a slap on the wrist.

As much as I want "seasons" to be the suspension, I'd be shocked if it ends up being more than 4 games.

Remember, there's no suspension for cheating (Spygate, Deflategate?). But there's plenty of suspensions for playing tough, hard football (bountygate).

Yes seasons. 4 games would not even be a slap on the wrist.

a 6 game suspension for Brady would be nice, he would come back rusty and just in time to get beat down by the Jets defense.

They're not the same. One is a competitive advantage the other a reward system for hitting really hard. And only one was a first time offense. Want to guess which one?

You hilariously attempting to defend your cheating team though is priceless. Keep it up, anyone with an iota of sense can see your desperation and embarrassment

whats even more hilarious is that the whole internet persona you've built relies on the patriots dominance. now the thing thats evident is that the team is a fraud. your schtick has been tired for years, get a new gig

Nailed it! Now he is even more pathetic than before, I never thought that would be possible but here he is. 

bill polian is a ******* retard

Actually Bill was very balanced. He said the language that Wells used is the language for GUILTY. Unqualified GUILTY. He also said it is worse than Bountygate. 

Looking back at Kraft's presser, it is amazing the arrogance he shows thinking this would be swept under the rug. God he is a corrupt loser.

• Upvote 1

a 6 game suspension for Brady would be nice, he would come back rusty and just in time to get beat down by the Jets defense.

You mean 5 game suspension. Cuz the Jets game is their 6th game of the year, albeit wk 7.

Actually Bill was very balanced. He said the language that Wells used is the language for GUILTY. Unqualified GUILTY. He also said it is worse than Bountygate. 

Looking back at Kraft's presser, it is amazing the arrogance he shows thinking this would be swept under the rug. God he is a corrupt loser.

i didnt see what he said, but claiming a known cheater is one of the greatest of all time is still stupid, imo. nobody will call barry bonds thew greatest of all time, even though his numbers put him there. he's just a cheater

half a season will be good. i'd like to see him play this year and suck. i dont want him to get a whole season off and then just retire. i want to see him go against the afc east defensive lines.......the jets, bill and fins have some pretty good lines that it would be so fun watching them tee off on a rusty brady

Punish them for what the whole world saw them doing, destroy tapes containing what nobody saw them doing, pretend SB wins were legit.  That, to me, doesn't make sense.

The whole world sees NFL teams sending in signals.  They used cameras. 

They cheated, yeah so what else is new?

Exactly.

• Upvote 1

You dont have a leg to stand on or a properly inflated ball to play with go away

edited by Max

Tex I realize this is a sh*tty day for you but please refrain from personal attacks.  

• Upvote 3

The whole world sees NFL teams sending in signals.  They used cameras. 

uh huh

Hilarious text prior to this game about giving the assistant a "big needle for you this week" vs. Bears.....

here's Cindy's stats:

New England Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG T. Brady 30/35 354 10.1 5 TD 0 INT  98.8 148.4 J. Garoppolo 3/3 22 7.3 0 0 1-11 7.3 97.2 Team 33/38 365 9.9 5 0 1-11 -- --

Not a good example.  The Bears D had a 101.7 QB rating against.